Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: the best option for an SUV with 7-8 persons space in a budget of 1-1.2 million?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default the best option for an SUV with 7-8 persons space in a budget of 1-1.2 million?

thank you people for your quick replies regarding the other LC option i talked about in the other post.

i would now want to know which SUV should i go for in a budget of 1-1.2 million? my needs are daily travel along with frequent tours in interior punjab and uphill mostly in the tough terrain and no roads.

i would appreciate personal experiences. i would like to see the parts and mechanics comfort too.

the options have been narrowed to
    1. 5 door Pajero intercooler turbo 94 or 95 model
    2. Toyota land cruiser 93 or 94 model
    3. toyota prado 5 door 3000 cc

i would list it separately, a good hiace 10 seater loaded model 94 or 95 or a townace model of same year?

would be waiting for your personal experience based replies .

regards
    Dr. Ambrose
    Abbottabad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Ambee

The Pajero I have is almost 21 now so it would be an obvious lie if i say it doesn't have problems!
    A month back, my father was having a feeling that something was wrong with its gearbox, it wasnt accelerating as it used to be so i took it to my mechanic and got it checked. Well it had done 150k km so the clutch plate needed to be replaced.
    This is just an example of how old cars tend to have problems.. The answer to EVERY problem is keen maintenance!

Answer to your other question:
    Well its my fathers and he only drives manual, thats one reason why mine is manual.
    If you think automatic suits you better then why are you going for a Diesel variant? The combination of a Diesel engine with a manual gear box helps you in off roading and in inclined planes.

I would suggest if you are going for an auto then dont go for diesel! They just dont go along with eachother especially in these pajeros!
    Try finding a well kept 3.5 V6 Pajero with an auto tranny The only set back to this is that its gonna be quite heavy on fuel but it will take you around the world.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you so much brother and i think if its demanding a clutch plate change after 150k, its totally justified. actually dont know about the auto in pajero, so asked. personally i am a better of a fan of manual transmission. but found my friend's 96 surf automatic very gripy, comfy and trustworthy. besides, people shared that going for auto in pajero diesel is better of an option. but as i said, its just a rumor i reckon. your personal experience will be obviously of better advice for me ..
    regards
    Quote Originally Posted by MM29 View Post
    @ Ambee

The Pajero I have is almost 21 now so it would be an obvious lie if i say it doesn't have problems!
    A month back, my father was having a feeling that something was wrong with its gearbox, it wasnt accelerating as it used to be so i took it to my mechanic and got it checked. Well it had done 150k km so the clutch plate needed to be replaced.
    This is just an example of how old cars tend to have problems.. The answer to EVERY problem is keen maintenance!

Answer to your other question:
    Well its my fathers and he only drives manual, thats one reason why mine is manual.
    If you think automatic suits you better then why are you going for a Diesel variant? The combination of a Diesel engine with a manual gear box helps you in off roading and in inclined planes.

I would suggest if you are going for an auto then dont go for diesel! They just dont go along with eachother especially in these pajeros!
    Try finding a well kept 3.5 V6 Pajero with an auto tranny The only set back to this is that its gonna be quite heavy on fuel but it will take you around the world.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think range rovers would be a tough option coz of parts unavailability. dont u think so?
    Quote Originally Posted by adnan_asim View Post
    Along this u have also other option

Toyota Hilux SSR Usually called SURF
    Range Rover

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let me give you an overview on all three jeeps you've mentioned:

1. 5 door Pajero intercooler turbo 94 or 95 model (You cant call it an offroader)

This Jeep is love, its because i have spent my life with it! It will take you everywhere.
    But the setbacks are NEVER TO USE AFTERMARKET/NON GENUINE parts! If you keep it genuine it will perform the way it does, you wont find this in the Toyota Lc.
    The parts are not every expensive but you have to take a day off and go to peshawar and get things done!
    * You can get the service parts in abbottbabd.

Rating: 7/10

2. Toyota land cruiser 92 or 98 model (They call it the Bulldog! This land cruiser is how it got its Respect!)

With a 4.2 Turbo diesel what else do you need! Setback REAL HEAVY ON FUEL and by that i mean 5-7km/l average)
    Its a perfect offroader and the way it climbs hills is just a cup of tea for it!

Rating: 8/10 (considering its model and condition)

3. Toyota prado 5 door 3000 cc (Not really a good jeep, never liked it at all maybe thats why lol)

Its Not as spacious as the the above two.
    Quite unstable in turns.
    Extremely old school interior as well as the exterior.

Rating: 5/10

The Jeep that would perfectly suit you is either the pajero or my suggestion is you find a 1996+ Model Toyota Prado 3.0 Auto! Its not as spacious i guess but its how the Prado survived! Till date one of the very best prados ever!
    This prado is what took over the pajero, you can find a good one in 18+ but its worth every penny!

Rating: 8/10

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hiace Super Custom G, 1KZ with 4x4 and a dozen sunroofs,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Ambee
    Who doesnt love the surf! Its the best thing you can get in a very low budget! The surfs have a very firm grip and a good road clearance plus with a prado 1kz 3.0 or a 2.7 petrol engine it runs like a bullet!

But like you said you need a 7 seater the surf is not a right option!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As according to all Discussion if we make a summary the two vehicles can satisfied you

1995 Inter cooler pajero
    1992 Toyota Land Cruiser

i think after that no need to think other options as they are risky for new buyer as u dont know the exact shops or mechanics
    M aDNAN aSIM
    I want to Spend my Life On Roads

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The prize range you mentioned is a bit tighter to decide for a good SUV. If you raise it to 1.5m then you will have better choices. Prado 1996(3000cc), Land Cruiser II, Toyota Surf and few more.
    Khalid Khan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think thats an excellent one. as they say in urdu, "ap ne darya ko boht achay treekay se qoozay mein bnd kr diya hai". thanks alot brother
    Quote Originally Posted by MM29 View Post
    Let me give you an overview on all three jeeps you've mentioned:

1. 5 door Pajero intercooler turbo 94 or 95 model (You cant call it an offroader)

This Jeep is love, its because i have spent my life with it! It will take you everywhere.
    But the setbacks are NEVER TO USE AFTERMARKET/NON GENUINE parts! If you keep it genuine it will perform the way it does, you wont find this in the Toyota Lc.
    The parts are not every expensive but you have to take a day off and go to peshawar and get things done!
    * You can get the service parts in abbottbabd.

Rating: 7/10

2. Toyota land cruiser 92 or 98 model (They call it the Bulldog! This land cruiser is how it got its Respect!)

With a 4.2 Turbo diesel what else do you need! Setback REAL HEAVY ON FUEL and by that i mean 5-7km/l average)
    Its a perfect offroader and the way it climbs hills is just a cup of tea for it!

Rating: 8/10 (considering its model and condition)

3. Toyota prado 5 door 3000 cc (Not really a good jeep, never liked it at all maybe thats why lol)

Its Not as spacious as the the above two.
    Quite unstable in turns.
    Extremely old school interior as well as the exterior.

Rating: 5/10

The Jeep that would perfectly suit you is either the pajero or my suggestion is you find a 1996+ Model Toyota Prado 3.0 Auto! Its not as spacious i guess but its how the Prado survived! Till date one of the very best prados ever!
    This prado is what took over the pajero, you can find a good one in 18+ but its worth every penny!

Rating: 8/10

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just buy a good condition 60 series cruise with diesel and be trouble free. will cost you not more than 6 or 7 lacs in excellent condition.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noman8ff View Post
    just buy a good condition 60 series cruise with diesel and be trouble free. will cost you not more than 6 or 7 lacs in excellent condition.
    But an newbie can't maintain those heavy 60's. 60 for sure is a good off roader. Mitsu is light suv when compared to Toyota Landcruiser. 40 series is a big example till now they are used extensively and they perform too good in off road.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ambee View Post
    thank you all for your so generous and kind words and suggestions. this really has helped me alot . i have a question from the pajero users, do u guys get any problems with the pajero engines ???? i am suggested by many about going for the automatic 2500 or 2800 intercooler rather than the manual one..
    what i personally think is that pajero is more in contrast to the LC rather than the prado.. i mean just my amateur thinking... your suggestions would be valuable for me ..
    actually pajero is a direct competitor of Prado. and to be honest, pajeros are not built as well as landcruisers and prados. Looking at 1995 model, you should definitely go for a landcruiser or a prado because toyota suvs are overbuilt, they are heavy and last longer than Pajeros. And that's what you want from a 20 years old vehicle. and be sure to buy a prado with 1kz-te manual transmission for better durability. 2L is NOT a good engine, you've been warned. 3L is acceptable.
    you know what, i flipped an LJ70, and walked away with only one minor scratch. Thanks to Toyota for putting two sheets of steel.
    the best option for an SUV with 78 persons space in a budget of 112 million? -1359968
    it's ironic how the body completely absorbed the impact, just look at how the interior is not effected.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i agree with the people who are recommending 1996 prado. worth every penny. a really good offroader.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List