5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014

Alhamdolillah, team IJC is back after participation in the 9th Cholistan Jeep Rally held on 14-16th Feb.

Six IJCians particpated in this Rally

1, Asad Marwat + Ali Zafar on Pajero V6 3000
    2, NN + Hasan Rana on NPP 4.5
    3, Suhaib Kiani + Farooq on FJ40 UZi 4.0
    4, Shabab Haider + Hassan Asad on Tundra 5.7
    5, Zuhaib Jadoon + Imtiaz Siddiqi on Nissan Safari Cruiser 4.5
    6, Samad + Faraz on TLC 60 2JZ-GTE 3.0

Details to follow

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1360143

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1360144

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1360145

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1360146

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1360147

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1360148

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1367967

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1359912

VDO's

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1d...24feb2014_news

NN Rally Report

Lets get to the beginning………………………how the IJC rally team came into being. It was February 2010, and on an usual Saturday morning, I received a phone call from Desert Devil, …………Doc I am going for a sand run near Lawrencepur, do you wanna join, and I replied, I can’t, I have my clinic. He said cancel it, this will be super fun! Half-heartedly, I checked my appointments schedule and there was only one booking…………….which was duly cancelled! I called Redbull-AR and woke him up from sleep to come along join for some photography. Long storey short, we went there and did some very interesting sand runs, and it was then that Asad put forward this proposal of participating in upcoming Cholistan Jeep Rally. My instant response was sure, why not! There was lots of too and frooing and eventually it was decided two vehicles would participate, me and Kashif in TLC100 and Asad n Pinky in Jero 4d56. Burhan came along for support! Hectic preparation was carried out, before 2010, roll cages were not mandatory for hard top vehicles, but for 2010 they were! Ehsan Kiani built us an external roll cage as per requirement and we set off for the rally. That was one of the most memorable weekend with minimal sleep, lots and lots of adrenaline and camaraderie! Asad’s Jero tested our patience n stamina to the limit! Qasim Saidhi very kindly guided us in our very first rally. We both completed the rally and that was the start of Zabardast rally partnership, which continues to this day! <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
    IJC rally team has come a really long way since Cholistan 2010. For one reason or another, I was not able to participate in Cholistan rally again after 2010, until this year. But this year was extra special, this time we had six vehicles participating. And most of IJC clan came along for support of the rally team. We had our very own distinct rally camp and it was an amazing experience for all the gang! <o:p></o:p>
    Some of our rally vehicles were transported on trailer from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Islamabad</st1:place></st1:City>, while others drove theirs all the way to Cholistan. Asad is now working abroad, and came to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Islamabad</st1:place></st1:City> a day before just to participate in the rally! We drove all in a convoy from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Islamabad</st1:place></st1:City>. The journey began at 6am thursday, progress was steady, and we were having a scrumptious late lunch at Taj Hotel on GT road near <st1:place w:st="on">Bahawalpur</st1:place> at 4pm. However progress after that was rather slow, I was pulling our loaded luggage trolley behind NPP. On the way we lost our direction, courtesy the extra clever GPS, which wanted to take us to our destination thru some rather small / narrow streets, eventually which ended up in dead-end. Anyway, when we got to Ahmed Pur sharquia, the trolley leafsprings gave up, which needed to be sorted before we could proceed to the desert. After some struggle we found the right man, but it was almost 10pm by then. The man was alone and he went by the work at his own pace and it was over 4 hours before our trolley was sorted. Than the long dirt track / poor road to the desert. Eventually just after 3am I reached the camping destination. While we were getting the leafsprings sorted, most of the gang had proceeded to the desert and started the camping process. Zeb was our kitchen manager as usual, and he lighted up the fire and started the barbeque on coals, which in the freezing temps of desert was very welcome. Than came the hot tea after which I eventually retired in my camp at almost 5am.<o:p></o:p>
    Next morning I was up around 9ish. After just a cup of tea and unpacking rest of our stuff, Hasan Rana (my navigator) n I proceeded to the registration desk in main village. The registration and vehicle tech took some time. At 12 noon, we eventually decided that we should directly proceed for track recce. Some of the other IJC drivers had already been on recce, while remaining started after us. Halfway into first stage, we found Baber Khan’s recce vehicle (Irshad’s TLC40) broken down on the side just past CP5. So we waited there with him, trying to workout what’s wrong. Eventually Asad and Ali arrived on their recce run and Ali spent the next hour+ fixing the fuel line. Eventually after a delay of nearly three hours we proceeded on our recce. Unfortunately, soon the darkness set in and last third of recce was done in lights. Which is a different experience!<o:p></o:p>
    After reaching back the rally camp we had an early dinner at 7:30. Boy it was one tasty dinner, or could be the fact that we hadn’t had breakfast or lunch! All day we had few oranges and a biscuit packet and nestle water! Then we proceeded straight to the rally drivers meeting. Where after various discussions, the draw was taken out for the qualifying round firing order. This time round the qualifying order draw was according to various classes. The A class was first to do their runs and low n behold my name was called out for first. In the last 4 years I have started the qualifications round twice before, and was 2nd starter and 3rd starter once each. But then everyone realized that Nadir’s Magsi’s name slip was missing in the draw, and although he said he was fine to go in the end, the draw was re-done and I was 8th man out. While Zohaib was 6th, Suhaib Kiani 7th and Shabab 12th man out. Asad and Samad were in B category, so they went out later!<o:p></o:p>
    Overall, as Suhaib mentioned, in qualifying, it was a great day out for IJCians, Shabab 2nd overall, Samad 9th overall, Zuhaib 14th overall and myself 18th overall…………………indeed an achievement to be proud of! With such good qualification’s there was obviously pressure as well. Strategies were discussed. I had decided on recce day to remove one of the two spare tyres on the back, because I had removed one leafspring too many from rear setup and the vehicle was bottoming out easily on jumps! Also after discussion with Suhaib and Rana Sumair Noon, we reduced tyre pressures down to 19psi front and 18psi rear in the evening. Early next morning the gauge showed these pressures to be 17psi front and 16psi rear, but I just left them as is!<o:p></o:p>
    The night sleep before the race was not as peaceful, and I got up from the noise of our support team at 5:15 am when they were leaving with fuel for our mid point break! Eventually I got out of my tent, and turned out Imtiaz was also outside unable to sleep. Probable nerves all round! We chatted for a bit, waiting for first light. Time passed slowly in freezing cold weather!<o:p></o:p>
    Eventually at 7am things started up. Shabab, Zuhaib and Samad left for starting line around 7:20ish, while I left at 7:40 for the expected 8am start. As it is the start was delayed by 30 minutes. Slowly we waited for our turn. As I mentioned before, despite a checklist, we ended up not engaging the 4x4 at start line, and during the first 30+ minutes, I was blaming the lower tyre pressures for it. Anyway, despite everything we gave it our best shot, no point in what ifs afterwards! By the grace of Almighty we ran well overall and finished safely. Podium is always very nice but 12th overall out of 88 competitors is not a bad showing! During the race we managed successfully three overtaking manoeuvres over competing vehicles. Looking back, it’s my 8th participation in national rallies, and I have successfully completed all and without any mishaps! Eternally grateful to Almighty for all his blessings!<o:p></o:p>
    After return back to the camp, found out about various incidents with remaining IJCians. Everyone mashaallah was in excellent spirits, despite what ever. Mine n Asad’s timing were reasonably competitive, so we stayed back in Cholistan until official result was announced at 8pm. As luck would have it, we were both 5th in our respective categories. While we were waiting for the results, the rest of the gang had already pushed off towards <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Islamabad</st1:place></st1:City>. Eventually we left Cholistan around 9pm, driving NPP all the way back. Progress till <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Multan</st1:place></st1:City> was reasonably brisk. But than we hit the fog, and after that it was a struggle all the way till <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Faisalabad</st1:place></st1:City> until sun came out. At times we were moving at barely 20-30kmph. It was hard work, considering the whole rally and lack of sleep n all. By the grace of almighty we eventually made it back home safely by noon the next day! Some of the lads slept upto 15hours on the trot on return!<o:p></o:p>
    The whole trip was truly memorable, the camaraderie, the leg pulling, the pranks and all were just ongoing and will be remembered for a long time. All those who could not make were missed! Long live IJC! <o:p></o:p>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ suhaib ....Mujh pe dumbah nahin banta, kyun ke harr rally mein sab se zaida bakreh meray ghar mein zibah hotey hain! " ........................ yar lagta hai wo saray bakray zebah honay kae baad teray deep freezer ka rokh kertay hain is leyae to podium tak phonch nahe pa rahaa
    @qasim ....5 roll overs, many accidents & breakdowns, Boss,,, talent ki kami zaroor hae per koosish ki nahin ...... sir jee app ki cv to sultan golden kay cv sae miltee hai ,, itna sab kuch waisay nahee hota sab kuch hai meger tore timing out ho jatee hai
    @yasir khana
    tujhe to patta hai ke mein har cheez mein thori science marnay ke chakkar mein hota hoon....... dumbay mai science na maree esa nahoo kahee khud kahsh dumba set ker doo .....

Sir the main problem i see withn us tht we prepeard our viehcles give lots n lots of time on prepearing it ,doing all the paper work spend months on it ,but when it comes to test drive we only check it on rally field ..... i think it should be tested after every major work , we put so much input keeping 200km and 2 to 3 hour drive ....and we test drive it on 20 to 30 min track , and that track is also choose by us ........ i think one should go to the rally field long before the rally and check his rig ........... phir na to yasir khan ka clutch burn hota na shabab ka tire burst hota , or na bk ka fuel ka problem hota na asad ka exause girta or na mei 4x4 gear torta ............this is what i think yae meree sooch hai ........

THE Word Impossible is in the Dictionary of Fools!
    "4x4 are built NOT bought"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@yasir khana Nor sa uwaim! frontier 4x4 pa sharmoono usharmolu de zalta .......sahar sahar ba za ratlam ??? izat laj kho mei drta satalay woo da pera pta na chy last time dae sa kol lolzz .......
    THE Word Impossible is in the Dictionary of Fools!
    "4x4 are built NOT bought"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aark30 View Post
    @ suhaib ....Mujh pe dumbah nahin banta, kyun ke harr rally mein sab se zaida bakreh meray ghar mein zibah hotey hain! " ........................ yar lagta hai wo saray bakray zebah honay kae baad teray deep freezer ka rokh kertay hain is leyae to podium tak phonch nahe pa rahaa
    @qasim ....5 roll overs, many accidents & breakdowns, Boss,,, talent ki kami zaroor hae per koosish ki nahin ...... sir jee app ki cv to sultan golden kay cv sae miltee hai ,, itna sab kuch waisay nahee hota sab kuch hai meger tore timing out ho jatee hai
    @yasir khana
    tujhe to patta hai ke mein har cheez mein thori science marnay ke chakkar mein hota hoon....... dumbay mai science na maree esa nahoo kahee khud kahsh dumba set ker doo .....

Zara sochein Babar ke saath kyaa kartein ho ge yeh sab namak mandi mein dumbey ke bahaney bitha ke
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aark30 View Post
    @yasir khana Nor sa uwaim! frontier 4x4 pa sharmoono usharmolu de zalta .......sahar sahar ba za ratlam ??? izat laj kho mei drta satalay woo da pera pta na chy last time dae sa kol lolzz .......

last time ba za de killay jumaat ta tlam
    More Power!!! More power....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Translation please

Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

me: Aur kya kahoon, frontier 4x4 ne to naak katwaa di hamari, hum to samajh rahay thay ke apnay graaein sab ko "tareeqa"(offroading ka!) dekhain ge lekin cholistan mein to larkiyon ne frontier waalaon to "tareeqa" dekha diya!

aark: yeh subhay subhay mein aata tha? thori si izzat to mein ne rakh li tumhaari, pata naheen pichli bari kahan jaatay thay LOL!!

me: Pichli bari mein Qillay ki masjid jaata tha!

Saidhi bhai! aap ko pashto sikhanay hi paray gi.

...and here my dear uncle Aark! i will quote the famous pashto proverb... I am a Pathan! The world is my toilet.... .. Ao na cholistan zara khushboo laga ke

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Love Pushto,,, how to learn?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Met with Qasim for evening tea over the weekend. Some very good discussion and bits of analysis on comparing notes over the last three Cholistans now that I had the pleasure of keeping Qasim company over. For starters, I asked Qasim if he had the video, his big smiley reply was "video to hai, par dikhana nahin hai"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not sure if this was posted up earlier but even if it was, still worth some words, as the 2014 track even in a straight line was a fair bit more demanding than 2012:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One point which me and Qasim agreed on was that this year, it was exceptionally dusty in Cholistan although we camped at about the same location as last two years. TDCP have some estimates from some google sat map guys who said that at rally time this year, there was over 200,000 people around Derawer while the estimate was half of this for last year....

I think the dust and crowds also played a major part for the team and driver performance leading up to the rally as even otherwise normal activities ended up being exceptionally chaotic. As a result, a host of key silly mistakes were made by many a team either the night before or at the start line of the rally....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it was quite dusty and yes the crowds made the first and last bits more challenging... not to mention, the dust ended up causing many a sore throat... i guess its part and parcel of cholistan. We had two instances of man made dunes (read speed breakers) resulting in expletives and bruises on both the vehicle and us

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another thing was that 2014 was different from previous years in that it rained extensively 7-10 days prior to the race. In previous years, it was not easy getting cars to our campsite. The terrain around Derawer particularly was closer to the Jhal dusty pats rather than typical sandy Cholistan. Hence more dust with every passing vehicle. Also for the initial track it was close to being an MT track rather than the typical AT/HT type sandy track. Anyways, I don't think the HT theory works for any sort of rallying as we know it. In last two years running HTs we were mostly at a disadvantage rather than any sort of advantage. Arguably if you could take the tire pressure low enough (beadlocks!) on MTs they would still be the best choice for Cholistan!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA, Team IJC any upcoming open event from you guys.............................................. ................. ????????
    Bid Me Run & I Will Strive With Things Impossible - 4x4 The Madventure

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1389788

Lets make the best of this season!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default And I Love Nawan Kot!

Uzi and the Lone Grocery Shop of Nawan Kot :

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1389927
    Excerpt below from The Legend of Rohi - by Hassan Miraj

Amidst these dunes, the oasis of Nawan Kot is situated at a crossroad of four sand highways. One track leaves for Bijnot, the other leads to the city and the other two navigate around local dunes and dhaars.

On one side of Nawan Kot, lies the centuries old Mughal fort. Located by the riverside, it was one of the series of forts built at Khan Garh, Islam Garh and Khair Garh. As time lapsed, all arches, elephant gates, tunnels and Mughal grandeur caved in while the boundaries, minarets and stories survived to tell the tale. On the other side, stands the mosque maintained by the Hobara Bustard hunters. Centered around a pond that sits at the crossroads of these sand highways, the oasis of Nawan Kot has the ability to transcend through the physical dimensions of time and space. Between the mosque and the fort, the water pond serves the cattle of Rohi, the soldiers of the Rangers, the residents of Rohi and the plants that compose the fabulous world of Cholistan.

The place is comparatively livelier because of the constant existence of water. The real beauty, however, is the immaculate trimming of the trees. The plants are so precisely manicured that the use of an accuracy instrument cannot be ruled out. At the outset, this phenomenon remains a mystery that is until the locals explain that the trimming is a result of the grazing cattle that eat the dropping leaves, maintaining the linear silhouette.

In this chowk-city of Nawan Kot, where Rangers and gypsies are always in transit, Haq Nawaz is the most permanent resident. Every morning, a vehicle from the Abu Zahbi Palace Office imports this cleric of the Nawan Kot mosque from the neighboring city. Haq Nawaz only returns after he has preached the message and has completed the long day?s journey, including five divine stopovers. Besides the meager palace office salary of Rs8,160, he also runs the lone grocery shop of Nawan Kot.

Despite his devout manner of ablution, Haq is far and away from the rigid dialectics of religiosity. His conversation is free from the vanity of serving his faith in a desert for the last 20 years. His deep set eyes, framed with Gandhi-glasses tell of a faith that was born out of redemption.

Though the cash box at the shop and the devotees at the mosque are mostly discouraging, Haq is persistent. The unseen devotion of this cleric-entrepreneur with his Lord closely resembles the invisible umbilical cord that ties the calf with its mother. Haq shows up to open the shop and the mosque, regardless of customers and the faithful.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Excellent coverage
    -It is always Man behind the Machine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1390906

Any plans for an offroading event?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    There it is, the big race into CP8 - Non Tarantino Version

Believe it or not (I didn't think it was this simple)! Here is the speed data from my Garmin GPS (as translated by Google Earth) for the FJ40 for the 5 minute clip captured above.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use google tracks, it plots speed and elevation data as well vs distance.. so what are the plans for this season? any upgrades/changes to the steed?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    use google tracks, it plots speed and elevation data as well vs distance.. so what are the plans for this season? any upgrades/changes to the steed?
    I didn't know that it was so simple to get speed data out of the Garmin, could be a very useful exercise, given we have nothing much to do outside the rally season No major changes to the steed for next year, just contemplating some minor cut/pastes.

Team IJC at Cholistan Rally 2014 -1508475

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

User Tag List