0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Prado 1999 TZ suspension repair

A friend owns a 1999 tz prado. Due to excessive offroading and hunting the suspension has gone bad. We did a survey at plaza karachi. There are 4 types of parts available. Genuine Toyota suspension parts (ball joint, shock absorbers, etc), Japenese parts (most retailers claim that they are at par with toyota genuine parts) , Chinese parts (really cheap) and then the last option is to buy original used parts from magazine line.
    My friend is interested in the japenese parts as they seem to be of good quality yet relatively cheaper than genuine toyota parts.
    If we go for the japanese parts, how long will they last? Will the driving experience be good? We are open to your suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ehsan_3 View Post
    A friend owns a 1999 tz prado. Due to excessive offroading and hunting the suspension has gone bad. We did a survey at plaza karachi. There are 4 types of parts available. Genuine Toyota suspension parts (ball joint, shock absorbers, etc), Japenese parts (most retailers claim that they are at par with toyota genuine parts) , Chinese parts (really cheap) and then the last option is to buy original used parts from magazine line.
    My friend is interested in the japenese parts as they seem to be of good quality yet relatively cheaper than genuine toyota parts.
    If we go for the japanese parts, how long will they last? Will the driving experience be good? We are open to your suggestions.

The one's you are calling japanese are actually refurbished parts which are previously used also known as kabli or smuggled. If original OEM parts new are available then why to go for old scrapyard parts? Does it benefit? once you put these you will have to replace them again after some months so why not put a brand new durable and guaranteed part. I always tell people to never get two things from scrapyards one is suspension and other are tyres these are most important components of a vehicle w/o them vehicle can't even crawl. I only recommend those people to use scrapyard parts who have quite old cars or probably expired one's whose parts aren't available like mitsubishi and kia spare parts in pakistan is a real pain so people search from scrapyards and if they are lucky that part can work long enough. And you asked will the driving experience be good? NO! it can never be with used suspension put a brand new OEM one and feel the difference.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No sir, the japenese part i'm talking about are brand new and come with packing etc. Do you mean that the retailers just paint and repack old parts? My friend is really confused.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

long ago Hanif bhai gave me a valuable advice... if u r going for excessive offroad expeditions, then get Chinese ones....
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a 1997 surf and changed lot of things with the genuine one and from the last 3-1/2 years I am having Alhamdullah a trouble free ride so if want to keep it for himself then I will recommend genuine. Japanese parts are also good but if the manufacturer is same as of genuine part then he can opt for it. Except for shocks keep all other suspension parts genuine and can have heavy duty shocks of different companies.
    Khalid Khan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro can u sms me the name and address of the shop where uv bought prado suspensions? 03212020970

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List