Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By babarhyd
  • 1 Post By ahmed.ejaz

Thread: Pajero with Tiptronic owners plz help

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed.ejaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Pajero with Tiptronic owners plz help

    Dear brothers,

    It is requested that ur help is needed for a simple question.

    I have 1998 4m40 2.8 with electronic pump... Engine is in excellent condition and everything fine...

    Issue might be my doubt but just need info

    Small issue is that I have shifted from prado to Pajero.. My Pajero has tiptronic 4 speed gear... Its shifting gears at v fast speed...

    Second 5-8km/h
    Third 20-25 km/h
    Fourth 40 km/h

    Is it normal?

    It changes them very well but if I give it less accelerator it shift gear with jerk...

    Thanks for ur time in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed.ejaz View Post
    Dear brothers,

    It is requested that ur help is needed for a simple question.

    I have 1998 4m40 2.8 with electronic pump... Engine is in excellent condition and everything fine...

    Issue might be my doubt but just need info

    Small issue is that I have shifted from prado to Pajero.. My Pajero has tiptronic 4 speed gear... Its shifting gears at v fast speed...

    Second 5-8km/h
    Third 20-25 km/h
    Fourth 40 km/h

    Is it normal?

    It changes them very well but if I give it less accelerator it shift gear with jerk...

    Thanks for ur time in advance.
    Seems like your Pajero is running on 4L :/ have you checked if your 4x4 is enabled?

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saidhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,630
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Your TP sensor needs adjustment, go to Adnan or Nadeem

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed.ejaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Seems like your Pajero is running on 4L :/ have you checked if your 4x4 is enabled?
    Nope bro, there are light to show when it is engaged, and 4L isn't enabled as 4th gear takes me to 120 as well... 4L will burn out near 40km/h
    Far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster - Goodfellas

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed.ejaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    Your TP sensor needs adjustment, go to Adnan or Nadeem

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app
    Dear Qasim bhai,

    Nadeem has worked on it, and said that its working fine, he moved TP low to high but it shifts at same speeds. I just want to check with someone else with Tiptronic gear, cuz its gear ratio is different. Problem is bro when it shifts from 2nd to 3rd sometimes when I'm not pressing hard enough on accelerator i feel bump in changing gear.
    Far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster - Goodfellas

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •