I need some help on urgent basis from the experts on this forum regarding our Pajero. I'll straight away jump to the topic..
We have '94 model 2.8 intercooler exceed. Day before yesterday the water body leaked and was no one was able to notice the leakage. And yesterday my father had to leave the city as one of our relatives died. leaked water body, long trip and a/c in these weather condition resulted the engine to over-heat. My father was unable to check the temperature gauge, so apparently the engine has seized...
Now, we have two options:
1. to get the current engine over-hauled (i myself am not in the favour of this because of the mechanics here and the quality of their work)
2. get the engine replaced (better option in my view but still there's the risk of not getting a good 10/10 engine)
the original setup is the 2.8 intercooler turbo (diesel) with auto tranny. if we get the engine replaced we'll have three options
1. the same setup (diesel)
2. the 2.4 intercooler setup (diesel)
3. or the petrol v6 version (6g74)
i wanted to get information regarding the petrol setup, things such as
1. is it possible, of course it is, but is it feasible?
2. bolt-on or alterations will be required?
3. would it mate with the same tranny?
4. the differentials, would they need to be changed or anything? because i remember reading somewhere that they dont work properly with the petrol setup if your original setup is the 2.4 or 2.8 diesel...
5. would the current engine components such as the steering setup, braking setup and so on work with the petrol setup?
6. what would be the fuel consumption of the petrol engine?
7. what variants are there for the petrol engine and which is suitable for the swap?
8. everything and anything i should know other than what i gave mentioned.
i've done some basic research online but i want some first hand knowledge who has opted for this swap.
thank you in advance!
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad