Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Advice/suggestion regarding SUV/4x4

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Advice/suggestion regarding SUV/4x4

    Assalamu alaikum

    I am considering buying a SUV/4x4 and would really like some advice.
    Basically,I want a vehicle which I can drive to far flung areas where there are no proper roads.I am not into serious offroading as a hobby but I want my vehicle to be a fairly good and sturdy offroader as to travel in rough areas.
    I was considering Pajero,Toyota surf, Prado,

    Here are the requirements:
    1)Ideally should not be older than 1999-2000 model. I think my budget allows uptill 2005,2006 models.
    2) Very Durable and reliable,should not give problems and should not require much maintenance. (keep in mind I travel to remote areas where a mechanic might not be available).
    3)Manual transmission and diesel.
    4)Should not give problems if driven for long distances in very hot and cold weather.(I heard that Pajero has issues when driven in hot weather for long periods.)
    5)Does NOT have to be very comfortable or "nice-looking" or stylish interior.
    6)Should be good for driving in sand in desert areas of Southern KPK eg lakki marwat,dera ismail khan.
    7)Overall a good off-roader.

    Thanks.


  2. #41
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherwan_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_MAN View Post
    @sherwan_88

    BEST PAJERO REVIEW, EVER!
    Oh Sir jee!
    Kidhar gayab hain!
    I left you a pm. I need to talk to you about my "Pajaro"

  3. #42
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,327
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by javedikhan1 View Post
    Ahmed Raja bro,some questions for you.
    1)Which year 70 series are you referring to that I will get under 15 lacs?
    2)How much would a brand new (2013-14 model) cost?(both 3 door as well as 5 door)
    3)Whats the top speed of 70 series?
    4)How is it comfort wise? I know its no luxury vehicle but still...
    1) 1990-1995
    2) Brand New doesn't come in Pakistan
    2) First of all 4x4 are not meant for top speed, but they have decent speeds on highway too.
    4) Comfort is good not outstanding, it has good AC good seats only leaf springs cause bit problem but it is good offroader, a maintained 70 series with 1KZ will never disappoint you.

    1KZ is one of best engine in its class, in 3L its good very torquey much powerful. Else if you want comfort you can get Pajero 1995-2000 4M40 is good engine. But remember nothing comes closer to Land Cruiser in Off Road.

  4. #43
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I have narrowed down my options.Its either a Land Cruiser 100 series 1990-2000 or as new a prado as I can get in around 40-45 lacs.
    What do you guys say?

  5. #44
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    C'mon guys....

  6. #45
    PakWheeler Follow
    sufian_noshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by javedikhan1 View Post
    I have narrowed down my options.Its either a Land Cruiser 100 series 1990-2000 or as new a prado as I can get in around 40-45 lacs.
    What do you guys say?
    Salam brother
    It will all boil down to what you require your SUV to do for you. If you are going to do a lot of off-roading the LC100 is better equipped for off road use as compared to a prado. But if you are doing a lot if city driving then I would opt for the prado as it would be easier to manoeuvre, park etc. in detail the LC100 will be more rugged, bigger, heavier as compared to a prado whereas prado does not have as good a ground clearance, has a lot of fancy stuff, and won't be as good an off roader as LC.


    Sent from my iPad using PW Forums

  7. #46
    PakWheeler Follow
    sufian_noshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by javedikhan1 View Post
    Assalamu alaikum

    I am considering buying a SUV/4x4 and would really like some advice.
    Basically,I want a vehicle which I can drive to far flung areas where there are no proper roads.I am not into serious offroading as a hobby but I want my vehicle to be a fairly good and sturdy offroader as to travel in rough areas.
    I was considering Pajero,Toyota surf, Prado,

    Here are the requirements:
    1)Ideally should not be older than 1999-2000 model. I think my budget allows uptill 2005,2006 models.
    2) Very Durable and reliable,should not give problems and should not require much maintenance. (keep in mind I travel to remote areas where a mechanic might not be available).
    3)Manual transmission and diesel.
    4)Should not give problems if driven for long distances in very hot and cold weather.(I heard that Pajero has issues when driven in hot weather for long periods.)
    5)Does NOT have to be very comfortable or "nice-looking" or stylish interior.
    6)Should be good for driving in sand in desert areas of Southern KPK eg lakki marwat,dera ismail khan.
    7)Overall a good off-roader.

    Thanks.
    To all your requirements I would suggest LC100 as you can easily get one in your budget. Just one suggestion try and find one of the earlier ones (pre 2002) with out the independent front suspension.


    Sent from my iPad using PW Forums

  8. #47
    PakWheeler Follow
    MITSU_MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    47
    Posts
    872
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    Oh Sir jee!
    Kidhar gayab hain!
    I left you a pm. I need to talk to you about my "Pajaro"
    @Sherwan_88

    Buddy just been lazy, lately.
    0300-8250007......welcome anytime!
    MEN DO IT AT DAKAR!!!

  9. #48
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sufian_noshad View Post
    Salam brother
    It will all boil down to what you require your SUV to do for you. If you are going to do a lot of off-roading the LC100 is better equipped for off road use as compared to a prado. But if you are doing a lot if city driving then I would opt for the prado as it would be easier to manoeuvre, park etc. in detail the LC100 will be more rugged, bigger, heavier as compared to a prado whereas prado does not have as good a ground clearance, has a lot of fancy stuff, and won't be as good an off roader as LC.


    Sent from my iPad using PW Forums
    Thanks bro

  10. #49
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sufian_noshad View Post
    To all your requirements I would suggest LC100 as you can easily get one in your budget. Just one suggestion try and find one of the earlier ones (pre 2002) with out the independent front suspension.


    Sent from my iPad using PW Forums
    I like the 2000 model.

  11. #50
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sufian_noshad View Post
    To all your requirements I would suggest LC100 as you can easily get one in your budget. Just one suggestion try and find one of the earlier ones (pre 2002) with out the independent front suspension.


    Sent from my iPad using PW Forums
    The old shape I mean,carried on from the late 90s.

  12. #51
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherwan_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    He means the LC 105. LC 100 is the one with IFS and a wider chassis. LC 105 is basically an 80 series with a 100 series body.
    Both were versions were produced from 1998 onwards.

  13. #52
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    He means the LC 105. LC 100 is the one with IFS and a wider chassis. LC 105 is basically an 80 series with a 100 series body.
    Both were versions were produced from 1998 onwards.
    Sherwan brother,till what year was the LC 105 produced?I mean what is the latest year model of 105?
    Is the interior of 105 and 100 similar?

  14. #53
    PakWheeler Follow
    sufian_noshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    He means the LC 105. LC 100 is the one with IFS and a wider chassis. LC 105 is basically an 80 series with a 100 series body.
    Both were versions were produced from 1998 onwards.
    Thank you for the further correction to my post brother.

  15. #54
    PakWheeler Follow
    sufian_noshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    219
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Advice/suggestion regarding SUV/4x4

    Quote Originally Posted by javedikhan1 View Post
    Sherwan brother,till what year was the LC 105 produced?I mean what is the latest year model of 105?
    Is the interior of 105 and 100 similar?
    Brother 105 production was between 1998-2005. And the exterior and interior of both will be the same par some minor differences. The major difference on the outside would be the rim or wheel design(apart from the major difference underneath the skin as pointed out by brother sherwan in the post above),100 series would have flat rims where as on the 105 they would be deep dish. The flat rims are there to accommodate the independent front suspension.

  16. #55
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherwan_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    LC 105 was imported in a minute amount in pakistan. Most of them came with NGO's, Embassy's and most of all UN. I don't know about the rest but we just called them "UN wala Grand Cruiser". Most of them in the market are auctioned vehicles. They come with basic accessories. I haven't seen a fully equipped 105 with my own eyes till date.

  17. #56
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You guys have been a tremendous help to me.
    One thing I would like to ask:
    If I get a 2000-2001 model LC 105,or for that matter LC 100, it is already going to be 13-14 years old as of 2014. If the vehicle is in good condition,how long do you think it will continue to serve me further,apart from the 13-14 yers it has already been running?

  18. #57
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherwan_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by javedikhan1 View Post
    You guys have been a tremendous help to me.
    One thing I would like to ask:
    If I get a 2000-2001 model LC 105,or for that matter LC 100, it is already going to be 13-14 years old as of 2014. If the vehicle is in good condition,how long do you think it will continue to serve me further,apart from the 13-14 yers it has already been running?
    Bhai Jan,
    It will last you another 50 years if you don't deliberately destroy it.
    When you get the vehicle of your choice just dismantle the entire suspension and replace anything which is unfit. Replace it with original parts.
    Get a through checkup of the engine and transmission. Best place to do it is Toyota Dealership. They have all the necessary tools to analyze it.

    As for aesthtics and interior. Brother you are in Peshawar. You have tremendous access and availability to parts at your doorstep compared to Punjabis can ever have.

    If you truly plan to keep it. In 200k it can be rebuilt to be worthy of the Pakistani dirt for the next ten years.

  19. #58
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    Bhai Jan,
    It will last you another 50 years if you don't deliberately destroy it.
    When you get the vehicle of your choice just dismantle the entire suspension and replace anything which is unfit. Replace it with original parts.
    Get a through checkup of the engine and transmission. Best place to do it is Toyota Dealership. They have all the necessary tools to analyze it.

    As for aesthtics and interior. Brother you are in Peshawar. You have tremendous access and availability to parts at your doorstep compared to Punjabis can ever have.

    If you truly plan to keep it. In 200k it can be rebuilt to be worthy of the Pakistani dirt for the next ten years.
    Bro,I am very fortunate to live in Peshawar in this aspect.
    In fact,apart from the easy availability of parts,there are a great deal of good mechanics as well as automobile enthusiasts.Since I am quite lacking in this field,is probably the reason why I am asking you great people on PakWheels. Thanks a million/

  20. #59
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    haris001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Do share your purchase with us!
    Best of luck!

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    The way a man keeps his car ,,,is the way he keeps himself...................

  21. #60
    PakWheeler Follow
    javedikhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sure will do so

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •