Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vigo Smoke Problem

Dear Diesel Experts!

Your help is needed, I have Vigo-2006(Thailand version). The truck gives thick black smoke on sudden push of accelerator, plus on AC it continuously gives little amount of black smoke. I have consulted one mechanic near Garden, Karachi. He advised to get the EGR serviced.
    However, another person recommended to get atomizer serviced and this will get the smoke issue resolved.

Secondly please advise oil for the same, I have driven around 3000 Kms and now will be getting the oil and filters changed.

Waiting for your response.
    Br,
    Z

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi aoa zaqiwid
    you contact zulfixar bhai or
    vicky in gulshan-e-iqbal karachi
    0300-2761044
    Ad.khan
    adeel.khan45@yahoo.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

connect a toyota techstream on it and run the diesel injector testing, see the fuel volume injected per cylinder and also verify that the rail pressure regulator valve and sensor is the updated one that Toyota started selling in 2011.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    connect a toyota techstream on it and run the diesel injector testing, see the fuel volume injected per cylinder and also verify that the rail pressure regulator valve and sensor is the updated one that Toyota started selling in 2011.
    Sir with all respect i am totally new to this....not much know how of all you have written...Should i take the jeep to toyota guys for checkup???? or the other mechanics can also do the job.
    Thanks for the reply Xulfiqar bhai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem you have is not a mechanical issue mostly, the "DCU" aka diesel engine control unit - more called ECU needs to be interrogated and recorded for feedback to what its doing with the engine.

The injectors on this engine have build codes on them which need to be written to the ECU to compensate for flow rate - its not an ustaad shaagird scrap/kabli parts job. The fuel pressure in the fuel rail is maintained by a dump valve and is sensed by a pressure sensor too - both of those parts have been updated by Toyota worldwide (scrap and surplus parts wont be updated)

Best go to toyota and talk to their service advisors first and let them know that you want the fuelling checked - please be wary that they MAY completely refuse this service as this truck was not imported by Indus Motors Co. Pakistan.

Independant shops may do this job for you but make sure they have the correct scan/write tools for this job.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zulfiqar bahi today I visited toyota service center the technician after checking and driving he said i should get air filter and diesel filter changed and if the problem stays then they will further investigate. I also asked for fueling checking the service executive said lets get these changed and if required then it will be the second step.

One more thing , I am also planning to get my oil, oil filter, air-filter changed. Please could you advise me which oil will be better for the vehicle.

Thanks for your extended support

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zaqidwai View Post
    Zulfiqar bahi today I visited toyota service center the technician after checking and driving he said i should get air filter and diesel filter changed and if the problem stays then they will further investigate. I also asked for fueling checking the service executive said lets get these changed and if required then it will be the second step.

One more thing , I am also planning to get my oil, oil filter, air-filter changed. Please could you advise me which oil will be better for the vehicle.

Thanks for your extended support
    using shell rimula 20w-50 in thai vigo .... its gud
    red colour bottle 10 ltrs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your engine should take a low SAPs oil because of the super high EGR volume it channels. EGR is dirty enough - why load it with sticky oil. Something like mobil1 diesel

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many thanksss to all experts of Pakwheels specially Xulfiqar bhai the problem has decreased by 70-80%. Got EGR serviced, air filter and diesel filter changed, got my fuel tank cleaned and they gave me two bottles injector cleaners and all this costed me around 27000
    Xulfiqar bhai need your assistance regarding one more issue...i want a low noise diesel enginer...this "bhurrr --bhurrr " is not good so please advise what could be done.

Thanks alot to all folks who posted to help me out.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List