Ive never driven or owned an SUV and after my recent visits to the northern side, I wish to own a SUV now. I need help from the 4wd gurus out here regarding the following questions:
1) Ive decided to buy a Prado TX Limited 1997 1KZ-3.0 Litre Diesel model. Market price varies from 19 to 22 lacs. This is also my maximum spending limit. Is it the right choice?
2) Ive visited the market many times. Have selected a few cars. I took my mechanic and denter/painter along who have given me the green signal as regards to paint and body etc but I'm not sure about if the 4wd is working properly?
3) Ive gained a little knowledge about the 4wd mechanism through internet but how do i make sure before buying that all 4wd systems including the pwr and 2nd button are working properly?
4) Im based in Lahore. Someone has suggested me to visit showrooms along GT Road all the way till Kamrah as they have numerous prado's there. Are there better cars than Lahore?
5) Is there any 4X4 club in Lahore which i can join and from where i can learn the basics etc?
Salam brother. i would recommend you approach any off roader from lahore and take him along for the 4X4 issues as normally the mechanics do not know much about the low gearing. May be someone from "mean machines" or "4X4 engaged" can help.
Being new, try to get hold of a veh without any work in it.
thanks brother for your advice. but can you provide me with details of anybody here in lahore whom i may contact as tomorrow i have to finalize deal Insha Allah.
Or any volunteer here can help. Can arrange for a pick and drop!