Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assistance required in finding a spare part for front hubs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Assistance required in finding a spare part for front hubs.

Hi,

As some of you know I own a mazda D-cabin 98 model. And need it's spares from time to time. Now I need to find a ring shaped part known as 'Brake A' which resides in the front hubs. This part is also found in nissan terrano 90-95 model. Please anyone help in finding the part.i'm attaching pics of it for easy reference.Assistance required in finding a spare part for front hubs -1516239Assistance required in finding a spare part for front hubs -1516240
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is very hard to find the correct part with that little information.
    Tell me the number of splines the drive shaft has and i can help you from there.

P.S is it a B series Truck?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Sherwan

Yup. it's Toyotafied 3L B-series. 26 splines. What I have found on net is there are Toyota models with same number of splines but with different locking machanics, So if i'm not able to find this spare i'll have to change the whole hub, OR go for manual hub.
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

slap on any hub with same no of splines.. manual is better

i am looking for a manual locking hub for my nissan cheetah
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I managed to lookup the Mazda B Series Manual.
    It turns out the hubs you have are not oem hubs. Actually the shafts are locked into the hub permanently via an end cap.
    Assistance required in finding a spare part for front hubs -1516717

The other thing is; with auto hubs when you are going in reverse whether the gear is in 4x4 or not the front wheels will spin freely. Second of all, the auto hubs tend to lock up when cornering and you will have sudden pouts. I say this because my Pajero came with retrofitted auto hubs and it was a nightmare to get them working properly.

I recommend you install the oem end caps or manual hubs altogether and forget the auto business.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you akif and sherwan for your input.The problem however is, the previous owner has also changed the original gear box with surf's, hence the auto-lock hubs with all the wiring. And currently I just need to press a button besides the 4x4 lever to shift into 4WD. So if i change to manual hubs then how this mechanism will work ?? will the current electrical set-up will become redundant or else ??
    @akifjanjua

I believe the cheetah has 28 splines. I saw manual hubs for nissan in bilal gunj asking 5k for a pair. the similar I found at astable were for 9k.
    @Sherwan

Yes you are right. These are not the one's i have on my rig. mine are somewhat like below,

Assistance required in finding a spare part for front hubs. - IMG 2881Assistance required in finding a spare part for front hubs. - IMG 2885

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes cheetah has 28 spline and i heard Mitsubishi pajero also has 28 splines
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mitsu parts are way expensive then nissan..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mitsubishi Pajero and Tritons have 28 spline front shafts. You can source end caps from Bilal Gunj for Rs.1500, because i got them for my Gen 2.
    But you said the splines on the B-Series are 26 in count so the Mistsuibishi ones won't go on.

I've been looking at the front diff setup for the B Series and its not different from the Pajero Gen 2.
    Assistance required in finding a spare part for front hubs -1516850
    So the switch you say is there for activating 4wd is actually activating vacuum solenoids to engage axles to the differential

If you put end caps on and the 4wd switch is off. The wheels and axle shafts will spin freely. When you switch the 4wd on, then the front propeller will apply power to the diff and the diff to the axles and the wheels.

With the end caps the axle shafts will stay locked to the wheels but the entire wheel and axle will spin freely of the diff. Only when you engage the 4wd switch the diff will lock itself to the front prop shaft and apply power to the axles.

Auto/Manual hubs are used because they give you an option to disconnect the shaft from the wheel so it stops the axle from spinning thus the belief is it prolongs axle life.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sherwan_88

Thanks for the detailed reply, much appreciated. However, changing the hub caps will have other effects.I have already tried the mentioned change with below observations,

1 - Increased fuel consumption (due to excessive moving parts) and low top speed barely touching 120..
    2 - Vibrations in cabin. these vibrations are first felt @ 90km/h and above speed and gradually increase with the increase in speed.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List