Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suggest an SUV within 1 to 1.2 million Rs in Lahore

Dear All

my prime mover is honda civic 2014 but its my dream to have a SUV in Pakistan, unfortunately the options available in new are either very high in price tag, cant be your daily runner. what SUV second hand do you suggest:

1. price range is 10 to 12 lakh
    2. only intend to drive on weekends, for northern trips
    3. not take more than 5000 Rs / month maint cost
    4. Auto transmission
    5. original engine and transmission

I personally like Pajero 3 door but dont know how heavy it is on maint. Need specific model suggestions from experts/ users.

I would love to hear from the owners who bought for the same purpose as i intend to buy....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RashidYounus View Post
    @mkkd : Here are a few pics I hope you like them
    Nice mashaAllah
    Per lit km?
    >>>>>>Toyota Corolla GLI Ecotec- A power Machine<<<<<<

3. 18-02-2015, 02:00 PM

Senior PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mkkd : Earlier when I was not getting good millage in fact it was poor, close to 6-7 or even 5-6. Later on I went ahead and got a few things changed and timed, like the new timing belt, it helped me in proper timing of the vehicle. All of the vacuum hoses (pipes) were not properly connected, that too helped the millage. The diesel pump was also replaced it too helped in the millage. had all the nozzles changed, one more thing was the small CPU or electronic fuel processor worth 1500RS which coordinates with the diesel pump I guess. All of these changes have helped improve the millage, now I am getting close to 8-9 km in city and 9-11 on motorway. Bear in mind its a 2.4 engine. One more thing here worth mentioning is the pick up of the jeep has also tremendously improved.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir get a three door Prado 2.4 1990 - 1994 with sound engine, or Surf 1990 - 1995. You can also go for a 1KZ engine (3000cc) in case diesel is not that big an issue and given that the jeep is available in 1Kz engine. Given the highway conditions of Pakistan and the long distances that you will be hauling I will suggest that you go for a bigger than Jimny and Suzuki jeeps. These two categories have parts easily available and the mechanics are familiar with the engines too. I just bought a Prado three door 1990, had all the four tires replaced with 2014 Yokohama tires, all the fluids changed, the timing belt, the front suspension, brakes, shocks, had the mechanic examine the turbo and the diesel pump, in other words got her up and about with little effort and fun. I have been to Kutton on her recently and have been to Faisalabad already with kids and wife without any incident. She is my daily runner as I can't ever imagine driving a car (its a jeep thing, LOL). I kept her between 100-120 Km/Hr and she gave me very good average. I also went ahead and had all the hoses(pipes) changed just in case. The jeep had a fairly goods engine and the jeep was registered in 2007 in Lahore. You can easily get a good condition one for between 10- 11 lakh. Bear in mind that these are old vehicles and will make you go to the mechanic for basic up keeping. The maintenance is easy too the oil filters are 390rs guard, and the air filter is for 450rs, and you are good for 3000kms. It takes 6-7 litters of oil I use delo Gold which is 18-1900rs for 4 litters. Rest 2.4 engine is a very good engine power wise and poick up wise. It is also easy to maintain. All Hi aces, Surfs, and Dalla's have this engine in Pakistan. I hope this will help yopu a little. best regards RY
    Rashid Bhai, Fantastic and encouraging reply. Masha Allah the ride is very clean. Stay Blessed and safe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What about these surf's on used car section being sold in the required range ? r they any good ?

@Rashidyounus

Sir , petrol or diesel ? what do u recommend in a SUV ?
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mkkd : Here are a few pics I hope you like them
    I think this is the best option provided he can find one in a good condition.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Durrani90 View Post
    72km/h actually, and from what i understood he said weekend use and/or north trips. plus is any suv a weekend trip to north isnt exactly possible
    You've got a point. But the fact remains that its quite unpractical for travelling from one city to another.And OP mentioned that he wanted an auto tranny which I don't think the unimog offers and i don't think it can be converted into auto either.
    But yes,there's probably no other vehicle as capable as unimog for pure hardcore offroading.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@imtishal: sir surf is a very good choice provided its beyond 1996, earlier surfs have very little leg room and you sit as if you are sitting in a car. I mean you crawl in you don't walk in like in jeep. Other than that there should be no problem if the condition is good go for it. Usually there is a lot of fear of getting the jeep ready for family. In my opinion with little effort every thing is fixable and doable you just need a little intuition, commonsense, and spare time. Its awfully cheap to keep a jeep in Pakistan. The labor cost and the parts are reasonably priced. I mean lets be realistic we cant buy a one Corore rs worth of a behemoth and take her out for a desert spin? can we. So in this range of 1 million or 1.2 million we can get the pleasure of a four wheeler and go places no one can imagine going for a hell of a lot cheaper.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@imtishal : Sir I prefer diesel not petrol. I once had a 4.0 petrol wrangler way back in 1994, it was a 1994 model (year). any how my Surf 1996 3000cc diesel rode a lot better than the petrol 4.0 high output engine. I prefer definitely dieasl as it has more power at low RPMs, unlike a petrol engine. But then again you can calculate the millage difference and compensate for the budget off set
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by javedikhan1 View Post
    You've got a point. But the fact remains that its quite unpractical for travelling from one city to another.And OP mentioned that he wanted an auto tranny which I don't think the unimog offers and i don't think it can be converted into auto either.
    But yes,there's probably no other vehicle as capable as unimog for pure hardcore offroading.
    yes the auto trans is the draw back, well it can be converted to auto but that would pretty much destroy the whole vehicle since 80% of the capability comes from the gear box.
    actually u'd be surprised, in my experience i've noticed they don't articulate too well and its usually the case that one or more wheel(s) leaves the ground
    Looking to buy an MK1 MR2, contact me if you have details of one
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/vehicles-bikes/186659-wtb-toyota-mr2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes the auto trans is the draw back, well it can be converted to auto but that would pretty much destroy the whole vehicle since 80% of the capability comes from the gear box.
    actually u'd be surprised, in my experience i've noticed they don't articulate too well and its usually the case that one or more wheel(s) leaves the ground
    You mean the auto trans doesn't articulate with the unimog?Thats not actually surprising.
    And anyway as far as OP is concerned,unimogs are really rare here so finding one is not an easy task.I've only seen one till now that too in Peshawar.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You mean the auto trans doesn't articulate with the unimog?Thats not actually surprising.
    And anyway as far as OP is concerned,unimogs are really rare here so finding one is not an easy task.I've only seen one till now that too in Peshawar.
    no wat i mean is that the auto transmission will be from a g wagon most prob and it will completely change the gearing of the mog hence messing with its capabilities. Articulation was referring to the suspension travel of the mog, its not really that much and when there is no more room to travel, the wheel is lifted into the air off the ground.

Are u talking about the green one or the white one in peshawar?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for Grand Cherokee Jeep, 94 / 95 model. You can find it in this price range. In fact, I just looked up the cars for sale listing on PakWheels just now - there is a really clean one in Lahore which you may want to check out

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no wat i mean is that the auto transmission will be from a g wagon most prob and it will completely change the gearing of the mog hence messing with its capabilities. Articulation was referring to the suspension travel of the mog, its not really that much and when there is no more room to travel, the wheel is lifted into the air off the ground.

Are u talking about the green one or the white one in peshawar?
    I see,
    Yaar that was black colour one,maybe dark brown but definitely not green or white..You know a green or white one?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I see,
    Yaar that was black colour one,maybe dark brown but definitely not green or white..You know a green or white one?
    not sure abt dark brown one, but the green is my mamu's and white is my own

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear as u r interested in pajero , i can give u good advice because am a proud owner of one . she never let u down if u get success in finding a clean and sound one . i went to whole northern area from Chitral to Skardu to Babusar in one go without having a single issue with my beloved Pajero 2.8 4m40 engine . the budget u r asking is also matches for MK2 pajero . for reference see the pic what u can get Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1424422927.947588.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  257.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by travelinghell View Post
    dear as u r interested in pajero , i can give u good advice because am a proud owner of one . she never let u down if u get success in finding a clean and sound one . i went to whole northern area from Chitral to Skardu to Babusar in one go without having a single issue with my beloved Pajero 2.8 4m40 engine . the budget u r asking is also matches for MK2 pajero . for reference see the pic what u can get Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1424422927.947588.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  257.6 KB

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Thanks "Traveling Heavens" i prefer it instead calling hell :-), Masha Allah clean ride, but again its a bit "lucky" or "nerd" to have a clean one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All

Allow me to rephrase my question with a bit higher budget now;

What if i sell my Civic 2014 which is priced today around 2.4~2.5 million and go for:

1. Vigo Champ, what main difference i will have apart i will not be able to park in my limited space porch?

2. I persoanlly like honda Crossroad but afraid to invest such big amount (which is a bit safe in civic's case) in a SUV which is scarcely seen in Lahore at least!!

3. Any other good option to opt as daily runner and to satisfy the inner "SUV fan" :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Abd008 View Post
    Dear All

What if i sell my Civic 2014 which is priced today around 2.4~2.5 million and go for:

1. Vigo Champ, what main difference i will have apart i will not be able to park in my limited space porch?

2. I persoanlly like honda Crossroad but afraid to invest such big amount (which is a bit safe in civic's case) in a SUV which is scarcely seen in Lahore at least!!

3. Any other good option to opt as daily runner and to satisfy the inner "SUV fan" :-)

i don't about your preference of comfort , but as far as i know they are not comfortable like Surf or Parado ,, in 2million you can get a fine 98 to 2000 surf in mint condition .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

not sure abt dark brown one, but the green is my mamu's and white is my own
    Chalo- that was not green(if you mean the bright green) and def not white...More like a fauji brownish black colour

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't sell your civic. Buy a decent gen 2 pajero. 3 door or 5 door, its up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd008 View Post
    Dear All

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List