61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cholistan Jeep Rally 2015 : News, Views, Videos & Results

Cholistan Jeep Rally 2015 : News, Views, Videos & Results - 11009612 954638821235594 669660446 o?oh64f3cee8bfc3c0132980785494e6ce6d
    Cholistan Jeep Rally 2015 : News, Views, Videos & Results - 10950652 898031456894981 6848763268337826780 o
    Cholistan Jeep Rally 2015 : News, Views, Videos & Results - 10367135 930700646954891 6032560178756350646 n?oh0170cde19e975dc581d243a462ae4494

Congrats to Saidhi on podium and Zohaib Jadoon on a valiant performance! Asad Khoro was running a supercharged 1GR. Heartbreaking to see the Sabab's Tundra after a nose landing busted the oil filter but a brilliant Stage 1 time. Asif Imam lost his way for 50 kms, Ronnie ran out of fuel before sage break. Zafar Magsi blue smoked his Evo at midbreak and Yours Truly took the patli gali (pipeline track) from CP5 after busting the accelerator cable.
    "If YOU don't believe in what you're doing it'll never work."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sami_voodoo View Post
    The figures I quoted were for the 1GR. Figure around 25% less for a 5VZ conversion. Of course if I knew the drive ratio of your setup and the model of the S/C, I could probably calculate what power you should realistically get.
    Trd roots type SC, should produce 6psi of boost with the stock pulley. Roughly 250hp at the crank on paper which is probably optimistic. Key is peak torque of +370Nm kicks in at 1800rpm. Smaller pulley should be good for another 2psi...add some fuel upgrades and you hit the magical 400Nm mark (hopefully)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    My apologies if I have offend you or have disrespected or underestimated local juggars

My point was nothing but juggar might let you down during rally.
    No apologies required as everyone is entitles to their own view. Anything can let you down in a rally, it may be the jugaar or it may be the one part where you couldn't get around to throwing money and time at because you were avoiding the jugaar. Nevertheless, in my view, clutches and adapter plates are not really places where you need to spend a lot of money for our rallies. The only rally which could be deemed heavy on the clutch is Rohtas because of the launch-stop-launch nature. Otherwise, its up to the technicians to get the clutch line correct and for the driver not to be dumb clutching on a high powered vehicle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It would've been a better comparison if there were a 3UZ Safari to compare with. As it stands, the wheelbases of the vehicles are very different. The Vigo is 122" as compared to 94", the PajEVO has 4W independent suspension. Also, if the 2JZGTE is stock, its boost response depends a LOT on the exhaust system size and design. Stock, you get a 2" restrictor ring right after the dump pipe. This helps smooth out the power delivery and limits the boost to 0.7 bar. If you remove this ring, as most people do, you get an almighty boost spike to 0.9-1.0 bar in the middle of the rpm curve (around 4000-4500 rpm), before it drops down to 0.7-0.8 near the top end. We've had this "problem" (more of a trait) right from the start. So a good exhaust design is essential in getting it to make a respectable torque curve.

And you are right, it's omnipresent, you can't ignore it. But, if you're running in B, and you want power, you need to go force induction. Of course if you're running in Cat A, all this discussion goes out the window, there you can fit in a Katech 8.2 LS-based alloy motor. 650 bhp N/A while emissions legal
    Yes, it may would have been a better comparison, but then again someone would say that it would actually be best if the 3UZ Safari had a 80kg ballast tied onto its nose WHY? I would ask ? And the smart *** would say that otherwise the 3UZs can left brake into turns while the 2JZs cant! Hmmmm....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As for the blow-off valve, only the free-air venting BOVs are noisy. The civilised ones blow-off back into the intake tract. You can hardly hear them when they operate.
    Can we move on to the blow off valve which is actually the biggest problem I have with petrol turbos. The jumpy torque curve is not exclusive to petrol and is manageable for the diesels. I have very limited driving exposure to petrol turbos, but what I have seen is that its tricky to even hold the accelerator in one place without "chussing" the blow off valve which invariably means that lose the torque kick. With diesels you can even release the accelerator for a quick "chanda" and come back to it with the boost guage holding up. With the 2JZGTE, I found that the moment you even back off a little bit on the accelerator, "chuss" and torque goes phuss.

So, the problem I have is not the noise, but inability to hold boost through a turn unless you keep it pinned all the way through. Am I overreading into it, or is there a way to live with it, as I guess the WRC guys manage it so ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way,, damaagh ki poori dahi bananay sae pehlay aap ko update kar doon kae my 2JZ not not remain twin turbo, Rashid Abdullah has advised to change the setup to single turbo. I agreed to this mainly because single turbo will not touch the steering rod

Rashid says that the singlr turbo setup will give us an even torque from 2000 rpms and there will be no lag aeound 4500 rpms which is one issue with twin turbo setup of 2JZ - GTE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yaserag View Post
    Trd roots type SC, should produce 6psi of boost with the stock pulley. Roughly 250hp at the crank on paper which is probably optimistic. Key is peak torque of +370Nm kicks in at 1800rpm. Smaller pulley should be good for another 2psi...add some fuel upgrades and you hit the magical 400Nm mark (hopefully)
    I should point out that changing the pulley on an Eaton Mxx based supercharger is no picnic. Needs LOTS of grunt force.
    Wise men think alike and fools never disagree...

A siren is just a woman's face on the body of a Tuna...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SuhaibKiani View Post
    Can we move on to the blow off valve which is actually the biggest problem I have with petrol turbos. The jumpy torque curve is not exclusive to petrol and is manageable for the diesels. I have very limited driving exposure to petrol turbos, but what I have seen is that its tricky to even hold the accelerator in one place without "chussing" the blow off valve which invariably means that lose the torque kick. With diesels you can even release the accelerator for a quick "chanda" and come back to it with the boost guage holding up. With the 2JZGTE, I found that the moment you even back off a little bit on the accelerator, "chuss" and torque goes phuss.

So, the problem I have is not the noise, but inability to hold boost through a turn unless you keep it pinned all the way through. Am I overreading into it, or is there a way to live with it, as I guess the WRC guys manage it so ....
    There is a fundamental difference between petrol and diesels. Petrol engines have a throttle butterfly to control power. Diesels control *Torque* using varying quantities of injected fuel. When you let off the accelerator pedal in a diesel, you reduce fueling, the exhaust energy reduces, and the turbine freewheels down to a low speed of its own volition. In a Petrol however, the throttle butterfly is after the turbo compressor. As soon as you let off the accelerator, the throttle plate closes, blocking off all air flow from the compressor, since the compressor is spinning hard, it will try to force air into a closed pipe. It can't, so it undergoes surge. That is bad for turbo chargers.

To stay away from that, you have blow-off valves, which divert the pressurised air back into the inlet of the compressor. So the compressor "freewheels". Now this is the important part. the blow off valve lets the compressor maintain its speed when you let of the throttle. So the next time you press down on the accelerator, you do not need to wait to get the turbo up to speed. As soon as the throttle opens, the blow-off deactivates, and you've got boost to play with again. Once a turbo is spooled up, you can play around with the accelerator position and you will not have that much lag honestly.

Also, boost control at part load is a shared work between the blow-off valve and the wastegate. Or rather, at full load when the throttle blade is open, it's the wastegate that manages boost. At part load when the throttle blade is partially open, the blow-off valve regulates the intake pressure. So yes, at part load, you will hear the blow off valve continuously open. Boot it, and the noise goes away till the next time you let off the throttle.

Besides it would be a fairly crappy engine if it keeps on giving torque even when you've let off the accelerator

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saidhi View Post
    By the way,, damaagh ki poori dahi bananay sae pehlay aap ko update kar doon kae my 2JZ not not remain twin turbo, Rashid Abdullah has advised to change the setup to single turbo. I agreed to this mainly because single turbo will not touch the steering rod

Rashid says that the singlr turbo setup will give us an even torque from 2000 rpms and there will be no lag aeound 4500 rpms which is one issue with twin turbo setup of 2JZ - GTE
    I seriously doubt that a single turbo setup could give you a solid torque output from 2000 rpm. If it could it would be tuned for torque and not RPM, and you would sacrifice your top end. Re: lag around 4500, it's down to the exhaust setup after the dump pipe that causes the dips and crests. Any idea what he intends to use as a turbo for the single turbo setup?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does anyone own a Mitsubishi pajero IO 1.8? Need some advice please
    Your Average Joe; When it Comes to CARs!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cholistan Jeep Rally 2015  News Views Videos & Results -1578544