Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Land Cruiser 80 series Body Change

Hi Guys,
    I am going to buy Land cruiser wagon 80 series 1992 model. I just want to know that if there is a way to check if the body is changed from original body. As i am new to land cruisers and the body of models from 1989 to 1996 looks same to me. Any tips or points based on your expert opinions will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I doubt if any vehicle is there with its original monograms and frankly speaking I dont know the spec difference between the vx and the vx limited. Indus imports were south Africa or Australia or some other place.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    I doubt if any vehicle is there with its original monograms and frankly speaking I dont know the spec difference between the vx and the vx limited. Indus imports were south Africa or Australia or some other place.
    Thank you @qwertypoiu

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@a.zafar i acknowledge your patience to learn and empower yourself with knowledge before making a substantial capital investment.

to my knowledge THE DIESEL SUV specially LC is landing in PK from Asean [ Thailand, Philipines, Vietnam Malaysia Hong Kong & Singapore ] & UK only. not from JAPAN - @Sharabhi @CrashD please offer your input as you both have been actively helping members to source / Import vehicles. from UK & JAPAN

Its been almost 2 years I am doing effort to source & import a Diesel SEDAN so far failed to get one. The diesel sedan is not available from Japan & UK models are 5 Door Hatch or Mini-Van type only.

Japan Models LC with petrol engine, swapped to diesel motor is very common here in watan_ay_aziz. a genuine Diesel LC with no surgicals done will cost premium price as correctly mentioned by the boy from President House QTEPO [ @qwertypoiu ]. am sure patient search and help from 'hardcore' 4 wheelers of this forum you will find a gem in reasonable time at reasonable price. - Good Luck !
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

UK is best place then comes Thailand or South Africa best place to get a diesel LC from

But a fully spec UK model LC is best V8 in diesel will cost just for the car ?30,000 starting
    BUG ME AND I WILL CRASH INTO U!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To the best of my knowledge japan models have more or less set standard options(vx and vxl limited) am not sure of dual a/c, leather seats and last two seats. UK model is a whole different game they give out gx and gxl version with some standard equipment and let you choose various options and add to the price tag. In Pakistan it is a pain in the *** to find a clean one or you might say a genuine one and if u luckily find one and the owner knows it worth it will be expensive but than again very less people know how to differentiate between the two. Been through 6 lc80's and its very hard to buy a good one and than very hard to sell as u r being compared to every kind of rig. I have seen 96 models one with 91 model bodies and 91 model with 97 model bodies. My advice do u homework and take your time. Things you need to look for kind of alloy wheels (lug nuts are different) used till 93 and after that. Bumpers used in pre 93 and post 93 are different. Fender flares sizes vary in models( plastic, fiber glass and size). Grill is different. Gear and engine and engines are the obvious.
    Toyota All The Way !!!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @capsat , @CrashD , @TLCFJ40 for the information i really appreciate it.

I have found a 1HD-FT 1995 LC Wagon which according to TOYODIY.com is from Japan and 4200 CC VX Limited. I have seen the documentation and it is imported from dubai for Pakistan back in 1996. I really like the vehicle because of its look and feel and especially because its an LC 80 series . It has some issues with its Automatic gear which can changed at worst when i buy it.

But this is the point where things started getting suspicious. When i checked the documentation thoroughly its Make in documentation is TOYOTA LAND CRUISER II (which as far as i know is another name of Land Cruiser Prado) and on the documentation it has a 4200 CC 4 Cylinder Engine (I have never heard of a 4200 CC 4 Cylinder Engine). The chassis number and the engine number are correct on the documentation.
    So again i need the suggestions of experts here that how should i proceed.
    Thanks in advance for your time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my opinion when paper work dont match up just walk away. Rest can be solved but cant work with fishy paperwork.
    Toyota All The Way !!!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TLCFJ40 View Post
    In my opinion when paper work dont match up just walk away. Rest can be solved but cant work with fishy paperwork.
    Thanks @TLCFJ40 for your valuable opinion. Yesterday i went to the dealer to finalize the deal but when i see the miss match in paper work i didnt gave him any token money and returned home by telling him that i will let you know later.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its been almost 2 years I am doing effort to source & import a Diesel SEDAN so far failed to get one. The diesel sedan is not available from Japan & UK models are 5 Door Hatch or Mini-Van type only.
    @capsat What size sedan you looking for and what make. They are not all hatch backs in uk. Few examples are honda accord, toyota avensis, mazda 3&6, in European makes peugeot, Citroen, mercedes, bmw and audi all these have diesel sedans available new and used in uk.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@a.zafar was it a Local authority document or import documents from country of shipment / seller / shipper.
    Most important is Shipping documents over which the vehicle clears the customs after payment of duty & taxes.

In watnay-aziz the local authorities does not have brain / eyesight to do some WORK and ensure correct entries on papers corresponding to specs mentioned on Shipping / seller's invoice.

1 E-CLASS Mercedes is with customs since October 2014 The importer has taken customs to court. Its a LWB E 350 2012. The VIN over the vehicle translates to week 32 of 2012 [ july /august] manufacturing, Confirmed by the SHAHNAWAZ too,, BUT - The Appraiser FQED UP and put that Misdeclaration of Model, he did assessment as of E class 2013 model ..and..........and .... stamped entry with MODEL 2012 .. case is at court .. !
    @sufian_noshad a Diesel Toyota Sedan Size of AXIO or PREMIO with max 2000 cc engine ONLY.

- www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@capsat in that case the one and only choice available is toyota avensis with 2000cc d4d engine and is only offered with manual transmission and only comes in basic trims. The 2200cc diesel is offered in both manual and CVT options and comes with all the bells and whistles.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sufian_noshad that we all know. problem is finding a car worth buying and export to Pakistan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am in uk at the moment, as far as I understand trouble is the diesels are aimed at company car drivers here and they do mega miles so most of them even at 3 years old have done 80-100000 miles. You tell me your budget and requirements and I will check the local dealers and car supermarket for you and let you know what is available and what not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @a.zafar was it a Local authority document or import documents from country of shipment / seller / shipper.
    Most important is Shipping documents over which the vehicle clears the customs after payment of duty & taxes.

In watnay-aziz the local authorities does not have brain / eyesight to do some WORK and ensure correct entries on papers corresponding to specs mentioned on Shipping / seller's invoice.

1 E-CLASS Mercedes is with customs since October 2014 The importer has taken customs to court. Its a LWB E 350 2012. The VIN over the vehicle translates to week 32 of 2012 [ july /august] manufacturing, Confirmed by the SHAHNAWAZ too,, BUT - The Appraiser FQED UP and put that Misdeclaration of Model, he did assessment as of E class 2013 model ..and..........and .... stamped entry with MODEL 2012 .. case is at court .. !
    @sufian_noshad a Diesel Toyota Sedan Size of AXIO or PREMIO with max 2000 cc engine ONLY.

Thanks @capsat there were a bundle of documents including purchasing at Dubai and then shipment to Karachi and then some tax payments to local authorities and then transfer deeds to other buyers here, but when i notice the main issue in documentation i didn't examine other documents in details.
    Yes i also agree with your other point about the situation in watnay-aziz that's why i am more careful in this documentation aspect.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir jee wasay he Clean 80 series nahi milti aur aap itnay cautious hoe kar documents dekhtay hai.. jo koi saaf nazar aaye to wo bhe kaam kharab hoe jaye ga. Allah Allah kar kay koi clean Surf laye laye before you eat through your BUDGET. I did the same 2 times and now i regret doing this :/ , i left 2 4x4s because they were not 80 series but clean and owner was asking a bit more then market....
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Sir jee wasay he Clean 80 series nahi milti aur aap itnay cautious hoe kar documents dekhtay hai.. jo koi saaf nazar aaye to wo bhe kaam kharab hoe jaye ga. Allah Allah kar kay koi clean Surf laye laye before you eat through your BUDGET. I did the same 2 times and now i regret doing this :/ , i left 2 4x4s because they were not 80 series but clean and owner was asking a bit more then market....
    Thanks @qwertypoiu for your honest opinion. Mughey bhe yehi lagta hay ke clean 80 series jo ke meray jaisey aam admi ke beudget mein bhe ati ho woh dhondna na-mumkin he lag raha hay. Mughey SURF bhe bohat pasand hay laikin family size ke majboori ke waja se bari gari he dhondh raha hoon. LC 80 series ke baad meri second option second generation pajero hay magar kia keron jab bhe koi pajero ke deal kernay lagta hoon koi na koi LC 80 series nazroon ke samnay a jati hay aur phir mein uss ke peechay bhagna shoroh ker deta hoon.

App se aur baqi 4X4 club waloon se guzarish hay ke meray haq mein dua fermaiyan takay Allah mughey sedha LC 80 series wala rasta dekhaye.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sufian_noshad landed, paid & port cleared shall not be over PKRs. 2 Million
    - @a.zafar if you check the IMPORT document & customs sheet that is enough to know what actually is imported & 1st time registered at what date. and if all that is clean just verify last transfer & sale deed, AUR karyeay Bismillah, all other papers are just part of return file as it is.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post

@sufian_noshad landed, paid & port cleared shall not be over PKRs. 2 Million
    - @a.zafar if you check the IMPORT document & customs sheet that is enough to know what actually is imported & 1st time registered at what date. and if all that is clean just verify last transfer & sale deed, AUR karyeay Bismillah, all other papers are just part of return file as it is.
    Just to let you know I am not a dealer neither an importer as I was in the uk I gathered some info and tried to be helpful. You know better then I do baray Bhai custom and duties alone on 2000cc. To sum it up it's not difficult it's impossible to get a 3 years old diesel sedan in that budget.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

correct - in terms of Avensis you are very right my digits will not meet Avensis, it is TOO big. Matches C -class / Camry / Fiero size am restricting myself to corolla / yaris / axio diesel sedan if available in 1.4/ 2.0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List