14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cholistan Desert Rally 2007.

For all offroading Enthusiasts, kindly post about yr ride and trip plan and vehicle modifications for ur ride, if ya are planning to venture into adeventure of a life time.

Multan—Tourism Development Corporation Punjab (TDCP) will try to attract international racers for participation in its third annual Cholistan desert jeep rally expected to be held in March 2007 at Bahawalpur.

TDCP has decided in a meeting to contact ambassadors of foreign countries, particularly the Arab countries, to come to Cholistan desert to watch the rally.

“We will also try to ensure participation of at least ten jeep racers from foreign countries to give international colour to this rally”, Regional Manager TDCP Multan Shoaib Ahmad told APP by telephone.

The Sep 23 TDCP meeting was chaired by its Managing Director Irfan Ali. Representatives from Four Wheel Drive Club (FWDC) Lahore Mujahid Zafar and Suhail Ahmad, Roni Patel from FWDC Karachi, Mehmood Majeed from FWDC Bahawalpur, Col (rtd) Kamaluddin Rana from Houbara Foundation, general manager (operations) TDCP Mrs. Shazia Ikram, EDO F&P Dr. Raheel Siddiqui, tourism officer Ashfaq Khan, and rally cell members Musa Raza, and Saqib Rasheed attended the meeting.

In 2006 jeep rally, Dubai car rally champion had registered for the contest but voluntarily withdrew for his four-wheeler was powerful and well equipped than the other participants. “We may add more categories to accommodate powerful vehicles in 2007 rally”, Shoaib said.

“An ambassadors’ city comprising of luxurious tents equipped with all facilities would also be set up near historical Derawar Fort in Cholistan desert to facilitate the ambassadors in case they decide to witness the rally.”

March 9-10-11 are the tentative dates for the mega three-day event which would be finalized later. “We may hold the event earlier than the aforesaid dates in March.” Shoaib said, Punjab government has offered a helicopter to get aerial view of the rally and to serve as ambulance in case of any accident.

The 2007 rally route would be over 250-kilometre long, some 20 kilometres longer than the 2006 rally, Shoaib said adding the route committee has been formed comprising Shoaib himself, EDO Dr. Raheel and FWDC members Mujahid and Mehmood Majeed who will visit the area for inspection of route after Eidul Fitar.

Prime Minister Shoukat Aziz has sent an appreciation letter to the TDCP on two successful jeep rallies in Cholistan desert and has promised federal government’s coordination in holding the event in future.

Promising strict observance of rules, Shoaib said entry fee has been enhanced from Rs 10,000 to Rs 15000 per pair of participants i.e driver and navigator. Procedure for allotment of numbers to participants has also changed.

Participants would have to join a race at a five-kilometre long oval-shape route at the dry bed of river Sutlej to get numbers according to the positions they will secure in the race.

According to tentative programme, dinner at Darbar Mehel Bahawalpur would be held on March 9, 2007, stickers would be pasted on vehicles and their fitness would be checked at circuit house on March 10 and five-kilometre race at the river bed would be held the same day at 12 pm.

Main race will be held on March 11. Prize money has been enhanced from Rs 100,000 last year to Rs 150,000 for first position holders in all categories. Second position holders will get Rs 100,000 each and third Rs 75000 in each category.—APP
    Jayala....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@charterali
    don't confuse and anti-roll bar with a roll cage.
    one (anti-roll bar) is to restric your car from leanng over in turns (suspensino part)

the other (roll cage) is to save your hide in a roll over situation and add rigidity to your chassis

@F1
    the wait is almost over.... (and yes, i agree for dust the oiled cotton setup would be better)

@spectra
    as F1 said an oil bath would fail early on in the rally, however I think a 2nd paper/cotton filter would work but will be slightly restrictive, but worth doing on most cars without a snorkel or a good filteration system (dust is very fine & can slip past most cleaners)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Sajid
    I am in Dubai, there are shops here which specialize in 4x4 parts but not specifically Landy. But there is a lot more you can find then Pak coz Landy was the choice of vehicle in the 70s and 80s and quite a few still out here. What are you specifically looking for, maybe I can help
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm
    Yes it is! I just remembered this when I was discussing the filter thing with Saqib. I thought I might share since this is the best way to keep things dust and sand free while in the desert or rallies.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the TD5 engines in land rovers have even got a centrifuge in the oil path to help seperate dirt/dust,... but it sucks since it runs on an ECU which is located under the drivers seat (in the seatbox) and therefore cannot wade propperly - more useless info from my side.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a company called Allard Turbo Sport, they seem to have many performance enhancing products. Their web site address is http://www.allardturbosport.co.uk/
    Pls do check them out.

I am also looking for K&N filters and any hoses or pipes that can improve performance.

Regards
    Sajid
    Pakwatan Explorer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm, I was referring to that anti-roll bar which is lik a big shock and installed inbetween the front kamani's. I think its called as a sway bar or sorta thing like that.

Temme more about roll-cage, means its effectiveness incase of a roll over.

Update:

Front Differential and Drive Shaft installed.
    Brakes rock solid.
    Radiator hose pipes changed.
    Engine Flush and Engine oil changed.

Thnxx..
    Jayala....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Racer, K&N filter can be installed in any vehicle this socks type? Or can we put a socks at the air inlet hose. So that the major sand can be catched. Or one can change air filter during the race. 3-4 air filters as spare.

Bhai seats are quite expensive ya showed me, outta my range. I am not that much weight concious...lolllzzz....

Thnxx..
    Jayala....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sajidd & charterali

u got competition...

Cholistan Desert Rally 2007 -680862

believe me one of our members is coming on with this thing for the challange.....

I'm not kidding....
    This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ salar bhai
    in the last rally some thing like that also competed in the cholistan rally ...that was made in Pakistan, single seater .... but did not finish....
    He who hesitates is not only lost but miles away from the next exit

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Look at the following pics...this is the interior of a Supra. See the pipes...this is called a Roll Cage...GOD Forbid...in case of a roll over you roof wont be collapsing on your head.

Cholistan Desert Rally 2007 -680863

Cholistan Desert Rally 2007 -680864

Cholistan Desert Rally 2007 -680865

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@iffe

this is not a joke from Pakistan, its a serious machine designed in USA for dune bashing... .all the links and chassis is strengthen by supporting stuff... like the triple (actually duoble strengthen) A arm in the front... if u saw its steering system, u'll be shocked... very rugged!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lets see how it will perform in the rally ....what are the engine specs??
    He who hesitates is not only lost but miles away from the next exit

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salarzae...bring it on..(-:

Something like this was in the Ormara rally as well and I think it ended up in DNF category...

Lets see if this one will do any better.

By the way, the JHAL Magsi event starts this Friday.

Sajidd
    Pakwatan Explorer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Arid
    One very important thing regarding Roll cages do not fit them in Street cars, they can be very deadly. Its like a Roll cage being a Hammer and Human head as a water melon, I am sure I do not have to explain any further. Or otherwise have a Helmet on all of the time while in the car. That is one very big reason I do not have a rollcage in any of my cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Arid
    I know, I have seen the post by you and others too. But that was my general warning regarding Roll cages to all.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sajidd, @OmerArshad, @charterali
    The Gwagon is a very strong SUV .I Have GD240 from Last 7yrs it has engine is 5CYL Diesel a powerfull engine and it didnt give me any problem regarding anything. Its a good machine.and GD300 and GD 249 r same with dew changes
    @sajidd the one u saw at creek club was mine .and i am also planning to buy GD 280 1993
    The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Wasiq,

Your Gwagon parked at the Creek club, seemed little run down. Perhaps the engine is good but the body and over all condition can be improved. Is that something you plan to do ? or you are ok with it the way it is?

Ranasarana seem to have a completely different opinon than yours in regards to G wagon. He says they are nothing but trouble. I guess every one concludes from their own expereince.

The 93 G wagon you are about to buy, is it in Pak ? and is hte condition any better than what you have currently?

Regards
    Sajidd
    Pakwatan Explorer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All Hose Pipes Changed once again.
    New Engine Gasket and Head Surfacing.

Btw, I am having a deal under pipeline, if things worked out as they are planned then I might be driving something more competitive in Cholistan otherwise my old Double Cab will work fine.

Thnxx..
    Jayala....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ronnie patel has flipped his Pajero EVO,... sad but then again there was nothing out there ready (or capable) to catch him as far as i know.

@all
    i just noticed the post by salarzae, i have seen this beast in the flesh and trust me if it entered in the cholistan rally it'd dominate the rally,... take my (and F1, F2 & SLR's) word on it....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Storm, I am looking at Racer in the pic. Is he the "One". I can imagine the suspension travel and Chasiis response. Its more like a ///M of offroad, looks brutal.

Thnxx..
    Jayala....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List