One of my firend is in Uganda on his new job. He has to purchase an offroader in the following scenario:
1. Land Cruiser Prado: quotation and specs are attached
price approx. 58,000 $
I am interested in the KZJ120R version (3.0 turbo).
2. Cherokee Limited: Quotations/specs attached (files 5-8).
Out of the 3 versions of Cherokee, I am interested in the 2.8 'Limited' version. 'Sports' version is quite basic and 'Renegade' version is not available. Grand Cherokee is out of my range.
price approx 53,000 $
Here is the comparison he has made himself
1. Internal Space (I don't the exact specs, but it feels like
Toyota provides more internal space.
2. Family Size (4 adults)
3. Luggage compartment: I am ok with both, no specific requirements
4. Off-roading requirements: road conditions are generally OK for
main inter-city high-ways. But quite a few smaller towns are
approachable only by non-gravelled/dirt roads. I am expected to travel
outside city around once a month and to a safari area/dirt roads once
every quarters. However, some roads are really bad and have huge pot
holes (but they are like 10% of all main roads).
5. Speed Road grip. I think Cherokee can offer better acceleration
as well as better grip at high-speed grip.
6. Safety: both have Air Bags for driver and front passenger. But I
think Cherokee is also providing side airbags for side impacts
7. Style: Cherokee
8. Luxury: I guess Cherokee ????
9. Technology for structure, Engine, accessories: (????)
10. After-sales service: Prado is the clear choice. I don't think
any mechanic outside Kampala will be able to handle Cherokee.
11. Music: it looks like Cherokee is offering a better one.
12. Wheels: I like Cherokee rims, plus they are also offering Good
13. Warranty: Prado 50,000 km, Cherokee (40,000 km)
14. Cost: both are in my range.
15. Overall: ?????
What do you guys say about this situation?
I am a little dumb when it comes to 4X$'s so i am seeking guidance here from people like Voyager, Jeepaholic, Shani606, Offroad, TLCFJ40, libra, Racerf1 and others who can help
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad