0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Kia Sportage

Could someone please share some information about Kia Sportage. Such as drive, 4wd capabilites, fuel average, engine performance, any weak links, reliability, etc... Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good 4WD abilities
    Gives 8,9 km/liter, 10, 11 on Highway
    u have to be carefull about overheating in extreme driving conditions
    good comfortable suspension
    engine is not very good compared to rest of the vehicle, underpowered like many other vehicles in Pakistan
    Overall i give it 7/10
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you Spectra for your reply.

After reading it, I am not impressed with Sportage's fuel average. I was expecting a higher number in that area. And I am also suprised about the engine's overheating condition.
    You have mentioned good 4wd abilites, does Sportage support rear differential slip technology ?

Well here's a link to another short discussion on Sportage's performance, as it was touring in the Quetta area. Check it out : http://offroadpakistan.com/pictures/quetta_2004/speed_demon.html

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

fuel consumption is not bad considering its a 4*4, (i think)
    Overheating is related to closer gear ratios, people are just not used to this, if driven properly as per instructions in owner's manual, u wont feel any such thing.
    i dont know much about rear differential slip technology, but it does maintain speed on declines itself,(like range rover) u dont have to do anything, and it has autowheel locks for 4*4, u dont have to get down and engage the locks.

in short if u know how to use a good 4*4 u can get a lot out of this machine.
    my friends are using these and they have done good miles also without major troubles, company gave some upgrades themselves without cost, like oil cooling system, better radiators and cooling kit.

u cannot get such good value for money in any other 4*4 around
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had a Blue Grand Sportage (IDN-2177), bought it new,... sold it after 10,000kms. For some reason MY car had a brake problem (would fail at times)and kia refused to fix it under warranty (though they did offer me a trade in with the new facelifted one). I think it was a incurable manufacturing fault.

It's a good vehicle and quite comfortable but for 15.5 (then) it was a little expensive for what it was. If you buy it as an alternative to a 2.0D corolla it's a wonderful & versatile car/jeep. Off road its pretty good & offers great comfort on the pathetic roads in pakistan.

All in all I'd give it 6/10 mainly due to the poor service provided by Kia Islamabad and high(ish) price. If it was for near 12-13 and offered the old cloth interior (leather is poor quality) I'd for sure buy another one.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just spoke to Anila at Kia Islamabad and she has surprisingly informed me that the booking for the current shape sportage is closed because there is allegedly a new shape/vehicle coming. She also informed me that the sportage price IS GOING UP!!! and that it will be an imported car.

Interesting.......
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the comments.
    The reason I commented on the fuel consumption is that I have an old 4x4, 2346cc, TD and it averages 10+ km/l with Ac and 100km/hr plus speeds. So, I was kind of expecting Sportage with 2000cc, Tdi and ofcourse with a new engine to do better. Anyway, that is how it is.

The pathetic part is that we don't get the after sales services, warranty as it should be and consumers have to put with the attitude and low service, even after spending such a huge amount of money. I hope the situation improves.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sportage is a poser 4x4. I drove it almost 250km offroad and 60 km on road. So in my observation, Its engine is 2.0 but feels like one thts 3.0 on higher RPM's but due to low displacement low End Torque is quite low which is an important consideration offroad. Thts the plus point due to intercooler mounted. Suspension is pathetic as far as offroad is concerned and a bit better on road. Interior is okii. Although not as roomy as a SUV shuldd be. 4x4 capability is simply digusting. Feul Economy is not tht gudd keeping in mind as its 2.0td. Ground clearence is not tht gudd. DVD option is gudd. Price is a bit higher. Shape is pass.
    Iwill give it 5/10.
    Thnx..
    Jayala....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List