405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Got this Hydraulic Jack and other stuff

Today I went for shopping and got this hydraulic jack. I had missed this a few months ago when Metro Isl placed on special offers stands. Now it is back again on offer. So grabbed it some other stuff. Amazingly after the new tax structure and devaluation of rupee things are much more costlier now.

I am special astonished at the price of Shell semi-synth. In March I got it for Rs 1,030 and on every visit to Metro, I saw a couple of hundreds added and today it was for 1,370.

I have yet another 2K Kms to get an oil change, but bought it because by then it will be selling for more than 1,500 rs. Tomorrow will go to Toyota 3S and buy the oil filter, don't know what price they will charge now, it was already an ever rising item price wise.

Did anyone use/buy this hydraulic jack? Any feedback? But I think it is worth trying.
    Got this Hydraulic Jack and other stuff -559902

Got this Hydraulic Jack and other stuff -559903

Got this Hydraulic Jack and other stuff -559904

Got this Hydraulic Jack and other stuff -559905
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

awsome goodies you got there masroor bhai...how much did the jack set you back??..i just got the oil changed of my city 2 weeks back, paid 1430 for the same blue oil (purchased from shell outlet)...prices are just insanely sky high...God help us all..
    Bees waal 4 life

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm

ive ben using this jack since long
    as my cars are real heavy to be lifted by normal jacks easily

it takes alot energy on others
    (1)Austin of England, a35, 1958, 850cc,,, (2) Mercedes benz , w202, C - 180 ,,, (3) 2003 HONDA CITY,,,, (4) Triumph TRW 500cc, 1952,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont think this jack can fit it under a civic...atleast in front...
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good stuff . Now i know where to run when i need a spare jack
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@AkbarGr8, thanks, well it is not much just 475 bucks.

@Spectra. Most welcome anytime
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

More shopping, more shocks

Corolla oil filter: 814 rs
    COrolla air filter (Thai) : 1,518 rs

Got this Hydraulic Jack and other stuff -872434

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh my God

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Was thinking myself for how long will be able to buy genuine stuff from 3S dealer? Though OEM products like Guard also do the job, but one is never satisfied.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autophile:

sir airfilter 1518 ?? sir g kia ho gaya hay i bought 1 for my xli few months back for 600 the guy said its original.

600 wala looked pretty original but i guess it wasnt coz so much price diff nahi ho sakta can u plz guide

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Newton. This I got from Toyota Capital, I-9 and this is their new listed price and I have the cash memo. The Thai one was 800 rs appx last time and they said have discontinued Japanese one.

I don't trust what auto parts dealers in the open market are selling. They may be good, but still there are too many copy, counterfiet and fake stuff being sold in the name of toyota.

You may trust the smuggled one, provided they come form a reliable and trusted persons. But still the price difference would be not much.

You can check the price at your neares 3S, by calling them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You change air filter after 20k kms?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The first was changed at 10,000 Kms

I am not sure that the present one has done 21,000 or I replaced in between. But it its condition is still good.

A few moments ago I was thinking when an air cleaner is totally blocked. Is it from the physical appearance or blackness we say it is chocked and has passed its useful life, or there is some other method.

Now I think that the first stock (Japanese), I threw out tooooooo early and it had not blackened much.

Can we use Vitz filter, because in Metro I saw Guard filter for Vitz. It's code was similar to Xli's?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If part number is same than you can use it. Filter blockage is judged by blackness on the cleaner side and amount of dust on the dirty side. This is how i check it. Also different type of filters have different character. One is called namday wala as in your case and others are synthetic paper type. Paper type has more life

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't really understand when people go for genuine stuff just for the sake of it. It's not to say genuine stuff is not good, but most of the time you are fleeced for brand loyalty.

What do you mean by 'fake' when you say oil filter? Heck, it's fake when toyota has not made it and you have the name toyota on it box.

I for one have made it to experiment. I've tried Guard, Qaim, Leppon and VIC oil filters. I know the parts marked SGP (Suzuki Genuine) are most of the counterfeit parts i.e. I am paying for genuine but not getting genuine, unless and until I buy them from a dealership. The dealership would be extremely costly, and in the end the engine life I would be getting is a mere extra 20k km.

Well I have tried different filters and found out that with Guard/Qaim filters (Rs. 80) the oil turns blackish after 1000 or so km (which means the filter element has failed and the oil is running through the bypass valve, and hence no further filtration is happening), whereas using Leppon this interval is around 2500 km. With VIC C110 (made in Japan), the oil on the dipstick is as golden as new when I check it after 5000 km (when change is due). It means that VIC filter is best even though it sets me back Rs. 225.

Hence VIC is better than Guard/Qaim. It doesn't take rocket sience to undertand that. The Genuine SGP parts are repacked Guard. Hence by my own judgement I am able to buy a thing better than OEM. Correct?

Suzuki still fits cotton-gauze air filters to all their cars (Rs. 130). It has to be replaced every 5000 km and air-blown every 2500 km. I buy Nitco (made in Malaysia) paper type, never get it air-blown (doesn't choke so easily) and replace every 25000 km. Rs. 210. Which is more expensive, when the filtration you get from paper type is also better?

My boys the genuine stuff is not always better. It is usually expensive and there are other, cheaper options available in the market, which are better in the sense that they are longlife, and they will cause no harm or shorten the life of your engine.

What you use is your own judgement and EXPERIMENT for God's sake. I for one have never re-bought any engine oil. There are so many options in the market, I want to try each and every one.

I feel very angry when somebody comes and tells me so and so brand name is very good, just because they heard from somebody. I for one experiment with everything (my great benefit is that our cars run a lot). E.g. I've tried Nippon, MK Kashiyama, SGP, Schnieder, local made (unbranded), Tasaki and Asuki brand brake pads/shoes in my car so I can give a first hand knowledge on the wear, life, performance, price etc. of every one of them. Why don't you people also do the same instead of sticking with genuine things? Not saying genuine is bad but its really expensive and it stifles your learning if you keep sticking to the brand your grandad once bought.

What of you buy some other ail filter of some other material? If its not so good, the only thing that would happen is that it would choke earlier. Then you'd at least have the knowledge that 'falaana' brand is inferior to 'falaana' brand. It won't blow your engine, right?

To reiterate, I don;t in the first place see the need to search for 'original' items. If you shop carefully, you'll find parts even better than genuine or recommended.
    The low down on CNG cylinder testing: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/cng-lpg/170776-done-cng-cylinder-testing-hdip-photos

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ahsanzs....a very comprehensive reply...n i totally agree with u....i would like to share an experience that happened with me n one of my collegues....my college runs a 99 baleno...he was complaining lately tat his car jerks on speed breakers n bumps n the car suddenly loses power n such things..we went to a mechanic who said that the plug-wires would be changed. now my collegue is also 'brand loyal' n always likes to go for genuine...we went to Mandviwala motors at old queens road n asked for the wires..to my astonishment, they invoiced the thing to 4100 approx where the wires were 3500 n rest is the sales tax etc...anyway..i had to go to plaza to buy brake shoe for my own car after a couple of days..i generally asked the shopkeeper for the price of plugwires of my car (I own a 95 honda civic)...n i was more astonished to hear that it was for 3000Rs(From Nasir Autos Plaza).....so...i hardly c anypoint going to 3s dealers n buying such expensive parts..
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahsanzs. thanks for an enlightening and convincing reply.

@c4capricorn. No doubt prices at 3S are higher as compared to open market where sometime the stuff is sourced or smuggled from Afghan transit trade or via launches.

@Spectra, yeah now I remember this is the third airfilter I have bought (if add to it the stock, then fourth). Car has clocked nearly 32 K. I will check according to your guidelines.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That hydraulic jack is seriously useful. I remember we bought one back when we didn't have a 2 car garage, and couldn't jack up the car easily with the standard jack.
    This comment was made by a person with a tested IQ of negative 9.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Make sure u ALWAYS use jack stands with the jack. Lift the car where it has strong support.
    Large displacement and nothing else!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this kind of jack is very
    dangerous
    this will tilt real easy, be careful bhai...... when ever you use this jack make sure you support the car with cement blocks under it, before working..... dont just relay on this jack to support the car.....always buy a Hydraulic with 4 wheels......so it balance right....If I am you I return this and invest little more money and get safe one..... life is very precious...
    I'm a freak who lost his mind in the busy world of today and takes his frustration by being funny with others

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List