Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How about Tata, Mahindra, Bajaj, TVS in Pakistan?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How about Tata, Mahindra, Bajaj, TVS in Pakistan?

Indian car companies like Tata, Mahindra and 2 wheeler comanies like Bajaj and TVS are one of the biggest manufacturers of automobiles in the world (Eg: Bajaj Auto is world's 4'th largest 2 wheeler maker).

These companies are also big exporters of Indian made cars/bikes to many countries in the world including India's neighbouring countries like Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh.

But sadly these companies have not been able to do business in Pakistan due to political reasons.

• Has the time now come for these companies to enter Pakistan with its products?

/li

• Will the Pakistani consumer accept these Indian automobiles?

/li

Closed for good
    [Mod Edit]

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -560137
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Gamezbond

I've not been to Mainland China although I've been to HK. There are no Indian cars in China as how there aren't Chinese cars in India (correct me if I'm wrong). You see, the question here is not about how you find the quality of their cars but how it is viewed globally. I know Chinese autos are extensively available in Pakistan but even in this forum I've seen a great deal of comments teasing Chinese products (i.e. from Pakistani PWheelers). And as I told you, Chinese cars are not popular in most countries they're sold in (ex. China). Moreover, you can't judge the quality of a car by driving it for a day, week or month. Any car will survive this.

Well, as Desiboy said, India showed it was more than willing to pay for quality by buying more expensive Japanese and Indian bikes! The Chinese however tried flooding India's market with cheap stuff and it was rejected by the people! And as he said, Global Autos who's selling Chinese (cheap) bikes aren't doing well. So now it's up to the Chinese to play catch by selling better bikes. That's what I'm talking about: Let the market decide.

nvd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Both Pak and Indian govts doing the right thing that not to start indian motors in pak at the moment.REASON, one day indians have to rule pak so why would they come so early;let the stupid leaders of pak spoil their country then 'favourite nation' like india will come and rule.
    2nd REASON, indian companies know very well that Paki companies are sleeping so let them have a good sleep and not to disturb by entering there.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@imtiaz786

Do you really think that the Ravi-Piaggio you showcased is comparable to Indian bikes of the same class, or a "world-class product"?

You may wanna see Bajaj's offering from the same range:

http://www.bajajauto.com/1024/vehicle/xcd.asp?vehicle=BAJAJ%20XCD%20125%20DTS-Si

Or perhaps TVS' Flame:

http://www.tvsmotor.in/flame.asp

I'm sorry if I offended you brother, but even that Ravi-Piaggio looks like something 10 or 15 years outdated. Although it looks a revolution ahead of those Honda CD70 series featured in another thread

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hooker100
    Its not about which bike looks better in the showcase, but it is a question of what is actually better for the country rather.
    "Inna mal a'maalu binniya"
    "Actions are based upon intentions"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont think that Pakistan want (tata,mahindra) cz Pakistan have better then (tata,mahindra) look
    .toyota prado
    toyota hilux surf
    toyota hilux vigo
    grand sportage
    land cruiser
    lexus

these r much much much much much better than (tata, mahindra)
    How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873502

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873503

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873504

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873505

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873506

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873507

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873508

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873509

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873510

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873511

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873512

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873513

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@GamezBond

All I did was reply to Imitiaz's comment which quoted Piaggio-Ravi as being more technologically advanced than Indian bikes. You seem like a well educated chap who's travelled far and wide and I'm sure you'll understand if I say that it is still outdated in comparison. Whether those bikes suit Pakistan's conditions better, I can't comment.

Oh, and to reply to Datzburier's comment that used the Indo-US nuclear deal as an example, I have to say Indian rascal politicians oppose ANYTHING that their rivals support. Whether it's good or bad, they'll oppose. All those US leverage things are a bunch of lame excuses. All they are interested in is garnering support for their party rather than seeking betterment for their country.

PWheelers from India may be angry hearing this but this was told to me by a fellow Indian.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regarding the quality of the chinese products, you simply get what you pay for (even in China), and that also applies in india and pak too. we havent tried the indian bikes in pak, although the indians here on pakwheels seem to be claiming better quality than chinese, but the chinese products do cost less. If you go to China and see what other qualities and prices that exist, you will simply be amazed. But one thing is sure, you wont see the indian bikes, or cars in China. That itself speaks about the quality, reliability and emission standards.

Tata has gone a bit OTT over its 1 Lakh car, especially the price, but China has been churning out the worlds cheapest cars for years.

Some Chinese cars that appear to be among the cheapest on the worlds markets are:

Direct Tata Lakh Competition:

BYD F1 (23,000rmb and up)

Geely AOO (23,000rmb and up)

Chery QQ2 (23,000rmb and up)

Binzhou Pride (18,000rmb - $2700USD)

30,000rmb and up cars (4,000USD)

BYD Flyer

Changhe Ideal

The Tata Lakh 1 seems like a great idea to get the people to upgrade their motorbike for a car, even if the car is barely a bit bigger than the motorbike. One more interesting thing about the Lakh 1, is that it appears to be rear wheel drive, with the engine in the boot, where as Chinese cheap minis all appear to be front wheel drive and front engined.

You can only tell about the quality of a vehicle after having used it for a while. Almost all vehicles look good when they are new, but their real built quality can be judged after a while only. There are indians themselves all over india who are buying japanese vehicles as shown in the pics above, instead of buying tata or bajaj.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hooker100

I'm with Imtiaz

All this thread needs is a comment(S) from the other long winded one(a.k.a India Hater no.1. the other one is on this thread) to complete this utterly useless and never ending saga of Indo-Pak this and Indo-Pak that. Don't even bother to engage over here. I'm sorry i didn't post your pics of TATA and Mahindra cars in Malaysia , but i'm sure you know the reasons why. The reason i update on the Indian automotive scene here is 'cause i was asked to do so by a small group of PW-ers and their sincerity and kind words made me agree originally and i've been at it ever since.And also the fact that 'Libra' has never said anything negative about it.After all this site is his creation. It is for them that i endure all the other ghouls who attack me. The rest of my post like roadtriops et al are offshoots of my original intent.I've also made some good friends here and i cherish that and we get along virtually , without any of the Indo-Pak stuff intruding and playing spoilsport. We enjoy looking at each other's cars, places of interest and chat about common items of interest. Simple.

I know that Indo-Pak anything bilateral will never happen and each country is eager to destroy the other, whoever gets lucky first, though India being four times larger, is going to be that much harder for Pak.Pak can keep pricking the elephant, though. Good luck!.
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have some pics of the nano rivals I mentioned above, and can post them here. But since this is not my thread, I am not going to bombard it with advertisements. So before I post them can the thread owner please let me know if he has any objections to it.
    Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well here are some pics of nano rivals, since I havent seen an objection.
    They look pretty good even when just the looks are compared. nano hasnt been around long enough IMO to be judged for reliability and built quality though. this still needs to be seen in the coming years.

Cherry:
    How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873535

F1
    How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873536

Geely:
    How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873537

Ideal
    How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873538

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam
    I think there is no need for that ********.Instead the Govt. shud provide cover to Adam,TMC,Ammar and S.Fakhir ud Din.
    we dont wnat to import more crap.That is a great risk to economy.If we support our own brothers then i definitely think that they will INSHALLAH b able to produce far more better quality.What we need today is to just feel confident.when our private companies such as Integrated Dynamics and Satuma Pakistan can make recoverable catapult and runway launched UAVs having short and tactical range for both purposes such as Recon and Tactical engagement,then i m pretty sure we can go for these smaal cars and trucks too.But wat we need is confidence.our private UAV producers r competing Samsung my dear.Nishan1,2, Tornado,Hornet,ababeel,Baaz etc.etc. theyr wonderful.
    think on that rather then importing the crap of neighbours.For instance Pak hero makes wonderful bikes too.i think it shud b praised too.
    So far Roger..
    Faza main Hebat ki Yalghaar
    Thunder Bird/Fighting Falcon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Nickatnite
    Yes, I have also noticed nothing but Indian bashing from certain users. It's totally unnecessary to bring in politics into an automotive forum. Perhaps that's their only way to stay afloat.

@Gamezbond
    We aren't seeing Indian automobiles in China and vice versa, but rather comparing markets where both are present where it seems Indian autos do better. That alone speaks a thousand words.

About the price/quality, as I said earlier Indians showed they were more than willing to pay more for better quality products by rejecting cheap/poor quality Chinese ones. I don't think the Chinese have yet penetrated their market with better items at higher prices. So it means no sales of Chinese bikes in India because Indians rather pay more and get better quality, something the Chinese haven't offered in India. They may have better ones, but it's not available in India. Of course you don't expect Indians to shop for bikes in China!

As with Pakistan, what's being suggested is to give Indian companies a chance in the Pakistani market and let the market decide if quality is good or not and whether they'll buy or not. Simple as that. If good, they'll stay, or else they'll be booted out. No problems. Of course Indians are saying they're good, but Pakistanis can't deny because Pakistanis haven't tried them. The ones who have tried in India say they're good.

I don't know why has this topic strayed to comparing Nano with Chinese Cars. To get to the point, Nano was designed for the Indian market and not for export. Various countries however have showed interest in the car. The point is a car like the Nano has never been offered in India and so it's considered a revolution in motoring for the masses. Anything more needed? Must it appease Chinese "cheap" standards? And you should have posted a pic of that $2700 car which is Nano's closest rival, it's available in the same 'China Car Times' website you took your argument from. But I think Nano is a better deal being 20% cheaper than that "Pride".

I see this trend where Chinese related stuff always pops up the minute India and Pakistan are compared. I understand that Pakistan is extremely dependant on China for right from autorickshaws (Qingqis) to building ports and dams. That's fine. But it's really sorry to see Pakistanis bragging about China's acheivement to counter Indians who are bragging about India's own acheivements.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some indian friends are insisting that their products are popular and high quality in the world.i have a question to them,why Suzuki,toyota,honda aand hyundai are more selling brands in india than tata and M&M.even they are chepest. why indian prefer those brands over indian brands.even the tata has not been able to desighn its own car "Tata indica".It was desighned by italian desighners
    "Gamesbond" approach is realistic in this matter.His replies shows his knowledge.some pics of different people having bikes is not the evedence that they hot sale there.
    indian friends don't get dishearted.Their one product is very popular in pakistan that is Hajumoola.khaya piya sub hazum kiya.Hajumoola is great.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dharjava
    Walakum Asalam brother.
    Very well written. Loved your post. A true Pakistani looking after the interest of PAKISTAN.
    100% agreed about PakHero too. A lot of people I know own them, and are very happy with them, year after year. There are MANY other manufacturers who are making extremely reliable small bikes. Importing only and only means giving our hard earned cash to others. As I already wrote and certain people already ignored, india itself didnt allow importing cars and used to sell their own first world war designed cars which they were proudly showing in their movies not very long ago. And today they want others to do what they didnt want themselves. Ridiculous. Talk about having double standards eh?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ hooker100

"It's totally unnecessary to bring in politics into an automotive forum. Perhaps that's their only way to stay afloat."

And you think that hindustanis coming on PAKWheels and promoting their own rubbish is ok? I have also seen some hindustanis in Chinese forums, and they do exactly the same thing......hmm....havent you lot got a better place to go? Havent you got anything better to do than to post and promote pics of hindustani stuff on PAK forums? Nothing better to do than to argue here about exporting your rubbish to Pakistan, even though the question asked in the original post has been answered by Pakistanis already???Havent you got any of your own forums to use???

Oh hang on, let me repeat your own words here friend: "Perhaps that's their only way to stay afloat"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hooker100
    Well your suggestion is to let the Indian companies in Pakistan, I dont see many indians here suggesting a bilateral trade?? How comes you and other indians here at Pakwheels (strangely enough) dont talk about letting Pakistani technology into India, and ONLY talk about letting indian stuff into Pak??

The reason for Nano comparison is simple, there is price to consider, and IF Pakistanis were purely after the price, we can easily go for the Chinese products. And if the quality is an issue, there is again the Chinese products which are good quality too (Not to mention that Inda-Pak are two rival countries). i already explained that you get what you pay for. No indian company is going to provide good build quality auto for a "cheap" price. Hence the comparison in inidan and chinese autos to see whats out there against the indian stuff purely promoted by indians here!!!

The Chinese stuff pops up, because we Pakistanis prefer to buy from china as compared to buying from india. very simple.... We compare who to buy from, when it comes to importing.
    When you or any other member start boasting about indian stuff here at PAKwheels without considering what website you are on, and what forum you are on, and what thread you are on, you should also consider that trying to advertise your stuff in "indianwheels" may be ok, but trying to compare and look down on Pakistani products or Pakistanis is NOT welcomed here at pakwheels. It is NOT OK for indians to think that you would be doing some kinda favour to Pakistanis by supplying indian made autos. IF you think that indian stuff is so great than perhaps you should answer the question asked by many, "why is it that within hindustan itself Suzuki,Toyota,Honda and Hyundai are selling more than tata and m&m etc?" If Pakistani autos are that bad, then what exactly are you and other indians doing here? perhaps you should go and argue to people (e.g Chinese, Europeans etc) who claim that their technology and ways of working is miles ahead of india.

"
    Indians who are bragging about India's own acheivements.
    "
    This is PAKwheels to discuss PAK wheels, not for indians to look down on Pakistanis while boasting their products. As I am sure if a Pakistani really wanted to find out about a prticular Bajaj model, there is the internet already, so I dont understand the urge for the indians to come here and brag about indian stuff as you say above. Havent you lot got anything better to do than brag about indian made crap here at PAKwheels??

Unfortunately regardless of what you and other indians here say, it is not in Pakistani favour to allow crappy imports as already written by "dharjava" quite clearly. Also as "khan_nomakhan" already wrote, why would Pakistanis want tata, mahindra when we have much better quality cars already???

We are proud of what Pakistan is, has, and produces. You should only criticise others, and their products if indian products themselves were perfect. And I think you, nickatnite, and other members of the indian advertising movement here, may agree too, that indian build quality is far from being perfect.

In any case, this is not the place to look down on Pakistanis, as this site is not about comparing Pak products to indian products, and definitely NOT for advertising and promoting indian autos.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^^^
    8-|
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Time to close the thread 8-| ...!
    --- Bmw is not in my blood - It's in my DNA!! --- Admin/Founder/Recruiter @ Pwcid ---

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nickatnite
    "
    Don't even bother to engage over here
    "
    So is that why you are at PAKwheels?? to "engage"???? cos all I see from you so far is no respect of what site you are on, no respect of what forum or thread you are on either. You go on spamming different threads (by posting huge irrelevant pics of cars found only in india) as soon as you detect the smallest hint that Pakistanis are criticising the vehicles in Pakistan. What I notice from your posts is that you totally forget that most Pakistanis are very self aware people, and we like to better ourselves and in that process we do critcise what we have. We are NOT like you indians who come to a PAK forum and boast about cars that most indians wouldnt buy themselves, given the chance and enough money. We dont go to indian forums PURELY to brag and advertise our products!!!! but unfortunately you dont seem to have anything better to do, and you go on bragging about tatas wherever you see a hint of criticism for Pakistani cars etc.

You say "
    The reason i update on the Indian automotive scene here is 'cause i was asked to do so by a small group of PW-ers and their sincerity and kind words made me agree originally and i've been at it ever since
    "
    Yup you are absolutely correct SMALL GROUP, and I dont think they asked you to spam every thread with irelevant pics and info of tatas (correct me if I am wrong). And once again you are absolutely correct "you have been at it ever since" without even considering how many Pakistanis have asked you otherwise!!!!!

I totally agree with you on this one though "
    I know that Indo-Pak anything bilateral will never happen and each country is eager to destroy the other, whoever gets lucky first
    ,"

However, regarding your last comment "Pak can keep pricking the elephant, though." I prefer to comment later perhaps

Anyhow, on a calmer note, just a piece of polite advice: the way you are "trying to make friends" here may not work. It is ok to think that indian stuff is good, and you can brag and boast about indian stuff elsewhere freely, but it is NOT cool to look down on and compare with Pakistani products or Pakistanis themselves while boasting about indian products here. I dont think you will be making many friends this way.

Please remember that we Pakistanis are already quite capable of criticising Pakistani autos that we have, against the top quality names that we always had access to (the likes of Honda, Toyota, Lexus, Land Cruisers, BMW, MERCs Nissans etc), but we do not need indian advertising squad here to advertise wherever they feel a hint of criticism for a Pakistani product. Pakistan has very good quality products already which we are very proud of, and we do NOT benchmark against the indian products.

As far as the original post is concerned, I think both questions have been answered a few times by Pakistanis so far, as mentioned in the posts above.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Questions are:

Why is Pakistans Goverment not allowing Indian Cars?

Why dont Pakistani's want Indian Cars?

If you think about it, India and Pakistan ..was all one at one time ..all India

now since Pakistan was established why dont they want Indian Cars??

Chinese or Japanese or Indian.....

what is it with Pakistan not wanting Indian Things?

reason being??

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List