29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Car a/c compressor

!--[if gte mso 9]xml w:WordDocument w:ViewNormal/w:View w:Zoom0/w:Zoom wunctuationKerning / w:ValidateAgainstSchemas / waveIfXMLInvalidfalse/waveIfXMLInvalid w:IgnoreMixedContentfalse/w:IgnoreMixedContent w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderTextfalse/w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText w:Compatibility w:BreakWrappedTables / wnapToGridInCell / w:WrapTextWithPunct / w:UseAsianBreakRules / wontGrowAutofit / /w:Compatibility w:BrowserLevelMicrosoftInternetExplorer4/w:BrowserLevel /w:WordDocument /xml![endif]--!--[if gte mso 9]xml w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=false" LatentStyleCount=156" /w:LatentStyles /xml![endif]--!--[if gte mso 10] mce:style! /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size; mso-tstyle-colband-size; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-altin 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-marginin; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} --

Hello everyone!

Yet again, I need your help and advice. Though the problem is not a huge one but still would like to hear from you all before I decide anything

Anyways, I have a Nissan Sunny with a GA15DS engine. The problem is with the car air conditioner. Once the gas is filled, the pressure will not drop for hours but the gas goes in air after about 2-3 days. Have checked for leakage, the pipes are fine, the filter (bottle) is fine, the front condenser is fine. Now only two things remains, the compressor and the unit inside the car but according to the ac mechanic that pressure goes down only when the compressor is turned on that shows the leakage is in the compressor and not anywhere else.

The compressor is the original, which comes along GA13/15 engines. I have got the washers changed but still the same problem. Now the ac mechanic is saying that we should change the compressor and he is for a Senden 507. And he thinks that a Kabli which will cost around 4500 is much better than spending 10-11k on a new one. But he is very much against going for same sort of compressor which is factory fitted according to him such compressor wont even last for s single season (but the my problem is this compressor did last for over 15 years so cant another such kind can last for few years?)

Anyway now need your ideas, what should I do? Should I go for a Senden? New or a second hand? (the difference of about 6-7k is huge, specially if we are talking about such a old car).

By the way anyone selling a Senden 507 (in good condition) do let me know.
    "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@TM

If your A/C mechanic is reliable, go for a kabli one, otherwise buy a new one. By the way, I also object on his comment on factory fitted compressor. It should work better than the replacement made by some other vendor. find a good kabli compressor of same that came fitted from factory.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kabli one is a shot in the dark. It might work for 1 year, 2 or 5, just depends on your luck. There is no way of telling. The way they are stored is also questionable. Just a small amount of dust entering the intake and exit can shorten the compressor life or kill it completely. I would recommend that you get a new one. First check the model number of the compressor that is installed in your car. It will probably be a Sanden ot a Nippon Denso. Search on the internet to get an idea of the compressor displacement. Then see what options you have in the market for compressors of the same displacement and decide on one accordingly.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

TM
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ afarooqi! Thank you very much for the reply. Well according to them those compressors are not made according to our weather conditions. Listing to them it sounds Senden is made in (and made for) Sibi

@whiteangle! That is the thing I am worried. There is no surety how long it can survive a month a year or for ages. Nope I dont think Nissan uses Senden or Nippon Denso. I think either it is Zexel or Calsonic.
    "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I changed the compressor in my 96 civic 2 years back. Got a new one. There were two options at that time, the chinese Sanden was about 10-12 K the Japanese one was 18K. I went for the Japanese compressor.

Moral of story... peace of mind never comes cheap.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List