0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chery QQ (Experience)

Mod Edit: Dig
    Dear All,

I have recently purchased Chery QQ and its a good experience having a small compact car at a reasonable price. Till now all the cars in 800 cc were not offering such value additions as Chery has offered. The drive is excellent, the Gears are a bit harder than any other car of its range, which the dealer is claiming will become normal after some time. Fuel average I will quote when I will fill up the tank again. The seats are very comfortable, the interior is excellent. Quality control needs some improvement. Over all the car is good and I hope that I will be enjoying its ride. If any 1 wants to know more about this car. You are welcome to call me at 042-8419006.

May Allah Help Us All....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@jeanius: I only recommend joy because it is 4cly 62hp engine based paki assembled car.
    QQ is chinese having less resale than joy
    coure is simple over priced car.
    Joy has minimum 10 more features than Coure.
    1-PowerFull Engine
    2-EFI very good fuel economy compared to 850cc coure
    3-Rear Defoger
    4-Safety underhood rod.
    5-rear viper+washer
    6-sidermirror powered and internal controlled
    7-power steering
    8-power windows
    9-matching side mirrors
    10-cd/mp3 player
    11-new design compared to coure
    12-spacious compared to coure
    13-13" RIM size compared to 12" of coure
    14-Digital Clock
    15-etc. etc.

Don't be confuse, if you're intending to buy new small car, joy is the best choice. or otherwise pay 600,000 rupees to buy EFI cultus, coming in next month or two.

Regards,

DR.MAQ
    http://www.aliqadri.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankyou Dr. MAQ
    Yea.. from the specs Joy sure seems to be a good choice
    but my limitation is that i need to stay close to 500k budget. Don't you think within this budget range QQ is a better choice ?
    From the reviews i've read here on PW, QQ sure seems to be a very nice car for its cost (479k with FF CNG)
    I won't be travelling outstations much, and QQ'z drawback only seems to be its 800cc engine compared to 1000cc of Joy
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

man...i fell in love wid QQ the very 1st day i saw its ad in newspaper.so much options,packed in a small 800cc car....amazing...its 200% worth buying.having more options that xlis....even city.
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalamo Alaikum all,

i went through all these 18 pages and almost am convinced that under 5lac budget, Chery seems to be a good choice.

However, most, if not all, members who posted in this thread belong to big cities.

I live in Joharabad (Distt. Khushab) and not even in the Joharabad city, but about 30km away frm it. What will you people recommend to me about buying a car whose dealers are nowhere near in my vicinity.

Besides, its my FIRST experience to buy a car, and before that we never had any car in our home. So i m a complete experienceless person in this regard.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Akif.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer
    well i am also buying myself a small car and did seriously considered QQ and sure got interested in buying it.
    But as you mentioned, the after sale is still a concern.
    and there are some users who are facing very high consumption from their QQs
    I would like to advise you not to go for QQ also knowing they do not have any dealers in your city
    even in Islamabad QQ dealers closed their office, becoz of very low consumer response.. there must be a reason
    no doubt its a power pack and sure seems very very attactive but the chinese products are always doubtful.
    soo.... dekh lo
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

chinese products are always doubtful! ( every mobile and microchip in our computer are made in china). the quality is based on price so cheap price cheap product.
    as for this car, its not cheap. its an expensive car which requires octane level of 93(see fuel lid) with shell plus engine oil. if a person fills pathetic quality petrol or cng and low quality shell oil then car will certainly knock, engine light will lit and car will give poor millage and accelration.
    so my advise is this that go for cherry qq only if you want a first hand luxury car.you will have to fill high octane and best quality oil and then see how good this little car can be.
    just as every other luxury car it will never have good resale because of personal interst of car dealers.
    akifnaseer should not even come close to cherry qq!
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Resale is not of a prime consideration to me.

However, what i don't want is to face problems and finding nobody here in my vicinity be able to address them.

So provisionally, i take Qasim's comments as a caution.

Other than that, let me tell that i can manage to go to lahore after a fortnight and can stay there for a week everytime. I have my grandfather living there. So i wonder if it would be enough to own such a car in such conditions? One thing is for sure that i m not goin for Suzuki. My second choice would be a 2nd hand Santro.

Any more advice ?
    -

nvc
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@qasim_ali_qureshi

yeah. like our Pakistani products are better quality than the crap Chinese ones. typical

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had heard two kinds of news, firstly someone on pakwheels said that chery is leaving pak, and clearing old stock.
    Secondly there were also rumours that chery is building a plant in pakistan.
    Chery is a good car, but it has to make its name in the market.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

paki products have no quality control. cherry is equal to alto price because it is being imported otherwise it would have been even more cheaper.
    as for rumnors only god knows best. but if someone have proof do let us know.
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For all those concerned about quality of Chery cars just because they are from China, I must say that don't base your points on pre-conceived notions. Chery is making waves all round the world for their quality and price economy - they are entering into partnerships with renowned car manufacturers all over the world, including Daimler-Chrysler, the owners of the Mercedes brand. For God's sake, come out of your cocoons and open your eyes to the reality that Chinese stuff is not always inferior. You GOTTA read this to get the real picture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chery

Some major extracts from the page:

In 2001, Chery began exporting its cars to Syria, becoming China's first car exporter. Chery also received its ISO-9001 certification. In September 2002, Chery received its ISO/TS 16949 certification, the highest certification at the time.

2003 to present
    In 2003, Chery founded a research and development organization, and began working with foreign consultant firms to improve its technology and quality. Chery hired a Japanese engineer from Mitsubishi to head Chery's Lean/Six Sigma production systems, which were first applied to their cars in 2003. They adopted DURR Paint Systems in their paint shop in 2004, becoming one of only 5 factories in the world to have this advanced paint system. SAIC sold its stake back to Chery in 2004 due to rising tension between Chery and its other partners General Motors and Volkswagen

In 2005, Chery was upgraded to ISO/TS 16949:2002 production quality, the highest and strictest quality control system in the global auto industry. They also began working with Malcolm Bricklin's company, Visionary Vehicles, hoping to be one of the first Chinese automobiles sold in the United States. The plan was to import five new car lines. Bricklin planned to have 250 dealers in the United States selling 250,000 cars a year by 2007. However, after 2 delays and various disagreements over finances and car design, the deal broke down. Instead, Chery is pursuing its own export plans and is designing a large array of cars for the American and European market and Chinese market. Aesthetic design is being aided by Bertone and Pininfarina of Italy known for their designs for Ferrari and Lamborghini. AVL of Austria is also working with Chery to produce 18 engines, including a turbodiesel, for the new line of cars. The new engine brand, called ACTECO, meets Euro IV emissions standards and uses advanced technologies such as aluminium alloy cylinder blocks/heads and direct fuel injection. Bosch is helping Chery to design modern transmissions. Lotus Engineering (known for their racing car chassis expertise) is aiding Chery in car design and quality. Ricardo Consulting Engineers is also devolping a hybrid powertrain for Chery for use on China's first hybrid vehicle. Chery recently entered into a partnership with Chrysler to produce mid to compact vehicles for the United States and European market.

Now, what do you have to say, dears?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

after driving 19000km i can assure chery qq is excelent car at this price. No repair or manitance needed unlike other small cars at this price. however unfortunately due to poor performnae by our pakistani cherry personel the negative points in the begining remain same. even after almost two years their is only 1 service station for this car in rawalpindi/islamabad. i really wonder why they setup a show room in islamabad when the cars needs to purchased only once. they should have establihed anothert service station so that owners living in f5 don't have to travel 20 km to service their car. only after this step one can think of increase in car resale and other things.

akifnaseer you should avoid purchasing this car atleast untill cherry bring larger cars(early 2008). go for santro even though new chery might be slighty better than 2nd hand santro with zore option.
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Again & Salam to All Members.

I have visited this site after a long time to contribute in this thread which I started long ago.

I am facing problem with my Cherry now a days. The clutch is very stiff and even after visiting the dealer many times it has not improved.

If any one has faced this problem and was able to get rid of it, kindly contact me at 0321-9444151.

Keep in mind that my car has done 32000 Km in almost 1-3/4 Years.

Will keep in touch with all of you inshallah.

Have a nice time, Allah hafiz.

Haaziq Mehboob
    0321-9444151

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a Joy and I've heard Chery owners are facing parts availability issues... is it true? Chery owners reply. The gear/clutch problems are present in all Chery cars according to what I've heard.
    Speed thrills and kills better than anything else.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Haaziq: WAS, you still have got QQ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Ali, Aoa

The car is in my family and I keep enjoying its drive. The only problem now a days is of the clutch.

Any new cherry owner around.......??
    Any difference in the gears and clutch of new cherry 2007 & cherry 2005......??

Haaziq Mehboob
    0321-9444151

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i covered 20000 km last month and the same day i got a serious problem with my car. it rained that afternoon while i was come homing from isb. i didn't face any trouble then but latter in the evening i faced trouble in starting the car. when it did start, the engine light remained on and raise also did not go beyond 3500rpm. as i turned off the car and again started this time every thing went normal. however for 1 week i faced the same problem. i took the car to chery workshop (Rwp one). they diagnosed it to be fuel pump problem estimating a repair of around 11000 however they fixed it for 1500. however after two days the same problem appeared. i again got it checked on previous thursday. he again fixed and told me there is a fault in ecu.if i need to replace it , it will cost me 20 to 40 thousand. however he assured me that these problems happen to even expensive car so i should not worry much.

i considered to sell this car two days back but i think its better to keep driving this car instead of selling and suffering a loss of 30000-600000. i may spend this 30000 whe nthe problem arise because after all this cars drive is much better than mehran and alto. what do you say? please tell me how much is it worth after 1 and half year.
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

main last 3 din D G khan gaya howa tha .. uther bhi main na cherry qq dakhe .. with sindh no .. in silver colour ..
    ^hellyeah^... cherry QQ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want to know about the availability of parts in ISB/RWP. And also about there prices. Are the parts availability/prices compareable or better to those for its competitirs?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@acmefever, chery dealers are avoiding to sell chery, Arif Motor and Another & Peco road has stopped selling chery QQ, neither they are keeping it.

Buying brand new chery is not a good option currently, instead buy used1 at around 3.5lacs. swap gearbox, engine etc, use ChevyJoy's part etc.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

User Tag List