0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chery QQ (Experience)

Mod Edit: Dig
    Dear All,

I have recently purchased Chery QQ and its a good experience having a small compact car at a reasonable price. Till now all the cars in 800 cc were not offering such value additions as Chery has offered. The drive is excellent, the Gears are a bit harder than any other car of its range, which the dealer is claiming will become normal after some time. Fuel average I will quote when I will fill up the tank again. The seats are very comfortable, the interior is excellent. Quality control needs some improvement. Over all the car is good and I hope that I will be enjoying its ride. If any 1 wants to know more about this car. You are welcome to call me at 042-8419006.

May Allah Help Us All....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How is your experience on CNG...?
    Which company CNG have you installed and what is the mileage local & long on CNG and at what speed....??
    What was the RPM at 140 kmph and how was the grip of the car at that time...??
    Such a speed is not advisable on 800 cc car as the engine is not designed for high speed driving .
    I am still happy with my ride. I have done 500 Km and till now nothing against the car at my end.
    Any 1 else using chery and wants to share his experience is most welcome...
    Driving this car is a pleasure which I am sure that no other car in this price range can give.

I am waiting for another chery owner with CNG kit installed in his car to share his experience with CNG on Chery with us....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's pretty cool performance through CNG/QQ, means you're still getting above 90% of performance by using CNG.

GREAT RIDE EVEN ON CNG!!!
    http://www.aliqadri.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The RPM was at 5. Regarding the road grip, I felt I was in control of the car. The average on CNG is 120 km within the city and 135+ on long route on a 40kg cylinder.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The figures are interesting. Its almost 1.2 Rs/Km if such mileage is obtained. My car has done 410 Km yet and its almost near red line of Empty. Lets see how much fuel it takes to refill so that I can give you exact figures. Waisay if petrol is not a problem then I must say that having a Chery is the best a man can get within Rs=500,000/-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

means Chery aint giving as much consumption on petrol as claimed in their brochures and site? 13-14 is not a tough mark for even a new Mehran! n m seriously saying this! n that too for an MPFI engine!

and watever may be the standard, or statistics! like in another thread, I'd again say that THESE, and all other small cars specially..including the shitty REVO, r being given to us on really high and ugly prices! in our neighbouring country u get a Sonata in almost half the price we get here, same goes for MEHRAN (Maruti 800) or Alto etc! WHY? Chery at 489 IS NOT CHEAP! a normal "SUFAID POSH" person still can only dream of buying a Brand new small car.. let alone BIG!!!

In my opinion.. Reconditioned cars are the only option for the lower class of our country, the Minister claims that they r tryin to save pakistan from becoming a JUNK YARD, but the friggin person can still save, by allowing reconditioned cars upto only 5 or 8yrs OLD!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ virtuostica:

You picked half of the message and ignored it's theme.
    13-14km /ltr is in the city. and brochure showed 20+km/ltr in extra urban areas (not in city)

What do u think ? If engine is running and car is waiting for 'GREEN LIGHT' signal.? no fuel is burning ???

Fuel Average written on brochures are referenced with 'Ideal Conditions'

If you drive Exclusive/QQ/Santro @ 80km/hr (using top gear) on motorway, without any applied brakes and with lifted windows, prescribed tyre pressure, 2-passenger. then you can get well beyond 20-22km/ltr.
    and might touch 18-20km/ltr with mehran as it has only 4-gears..

One should calculate the milage of extra urban areas...

HorsePower(HP)/Weight RATIO:::

Chevy/Santro/QQ, these are Powered with Electric Powered Steering, which directly effects the engine performance.
    Chevy/QQ/Santro weights around 850kgs,
    HP/Weight ratio decreases as the kerb weight increases...

Height/Width plays resistive role when striking wind is concern, hence pays more load on engine.
    Height/Width are greater than Mehran (isn't it?)

Mehran weights less than 600kg with CC (800) engine. and no power steering (no extra load)

HP/Weight ratio for Mehran is greater than of Chevy/QQ/Santro

According to my Calculations, if you put in 5F geared box in mehran , it might go 160km/hr. with same engine.
    it should do more milage than what it's doing currently

Another thing...

When calculating prices, and comparing with other countries (like india in this case), keep in mind, what is the currency value difference between both countries...

Indian 100 rupee=140 rupee pakistani ??? (almost)

it will directly effect the prices... by about 40 to 50%

Means Maurity costs 200,000 in india will cost 2,80,000 in pakistan ///

Next thing that will change the price is the Market, India has much bigger market and having much more competition as compared to the pakistani market and competitors (isn't it?)

when you produce more/month or per/year, you save alot, on building rentals, salaries, utility bills,... hence more production reduces end user price. it can effect more than 10% here with this case..

Means 280,000 + 28,000 (10%)=308,000(PKR) (Price of Mehran in pakistan )

DO u know how many cars can india produce per year, compared with Pakistan ???

Alot more...

Another difference

Indian gov. is much sincere than of ours

They work for their nation, and our gov. work for their ownself.

Example: No one can have Non Custom paid Vehicles but or MNA/MPA and other officials can ... (with no justification) , even they (MNA/MPA) start a sort of business by selling NCPs on market prices... (((reference taken by GEO Program a year ago)

END OF STORY

What do u say ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After getting my tank refilled, the consumption of petrol in city is 13 Km/litre....
    I have not gone outstation yet, whenever I go I will let you know the consumption of petrol on long route as well....
    1 thing I must say that driving a car on CNG is 1/3 times cheaper than driving the same car on Petrol...
    As I used to spend 600 CNG in 1 week where as I have used 1850 Rs petrol covering the same distance...
    May God bless us all using Petrol cars without CNG...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have been stopped on the roads many times by people of different classes inquiring about my chery but the most interesting stop was yesterday night at 1130 when I was stopped and told that my rear lights were not behaving as they should.

At first I was not able to understand what the man was trying to tell me but after some time when I stared them for a while I noticed that my reverse light was switching on and off although I was standing behind the car and there was no 1 in the car. I went in and changed different gears while the car was static and the light went off permanently...

Now again the reverse light switching on whenever it likes and switching off whenever it likes... AFTER ALL ITS A FREE COUNTRY AND EVERY 1 HAS HIS/HER/ITS RIGHT....

I failed to understand the problem with the car and went to the Mehndi of my friend. May God Bless us all with Petrol cars & disco reverse lights...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another feature of QQ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got the fuel tank of My chery filled again today and this time it gave me 15 Km/Litres but I made sure that the RPM doesnt go beyond 3000.

The engine is becoming smoother and the gears are a bit softer from the day I bought it.I Hope that the gears will become normal after some time.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From my experiance I feel the optimum RPM for QQ is 3500 instead of 3000. I travelled 580 km stat today on QQ mostly on motorway. And this all was for Rs 640 (only 70 km on petrol and rest on CNG) and the speed was mostly around 120.)
    I plan to change the gear oil tomorrow as my car has now done 3600 km in all. Lets see what effect it has on smoothness of the gears.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I went to Sialkot yesterday and my car gave me 18.5 Km/Litre on the run. Maximum drive on G.T Road was @ 100 Km where as on motorway I touched 145 Km at almost 5500 RPM just to check the top speed. I think that this car can easily touch 160 if some time is given to it on motorway.

The only problematic thing was that my car was knocking in the 5th gear between speed 70-90 km constantly. Whenever I lower or higher the speed from the given range, the car responded excellently...

The FFS is due now and I will be visiting the Dealer today or tomorrow....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haaziq...thats what I meant about my experiance of optimal RPM at 3500. If it is less than that in 4th and 5th gear the engine gives a knocking sound.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, First of All, I drove chery about 1400km on High ways... (Motorway+GT ROAD)

i've not felt any knocking at 3krpm or even lesser then that. in 5th speed.

But, I don't know weather this problem is 'car' specific or what. I've been getting pretty smooth ride on it till date.

regards,
    Ali

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Find the difference...

Chery QQ Experience -625510

B/W
    Chery QQ Experience -625511

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ingenious...you really are ingenious, MashaAllah! Excellent and succinct commentary...at every level.

Now, @virtuostica, you really are the quintessential opposite of ingenious. What, pray tell, is so "shitty" about the Revo? I see a lot of potential, and comments like yours are pathetically uninformed. I don't know you, but I do know that if I were you I would watch my mouth and stay constructive, or keep your time on the street where your words belong.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got CNG installed in my Chery yesterday from Faisal Town CNG Defence outlet. Landi Renzo kit with turbo chip + emulator & 40 Kg Cylinder of EKC for Rs 36000... Just had a test drive on CNG and the drive seems to be OK.... I will be updating about its performance on CNG after couple of days as I havnt used it yet...

The spare tyre is at its original place and can be taken out from rear seat side....

No 1 at a glance can tell that the CNG is installed as the kit is hidden behind the air filter... Only if some 1 knows that cng is installed will search for the kit....

Lets hope that the car perfoms well on CNG... Ameen...

For any details you can call me at 0428419006 or 03219444151/03009444151 for further details about the car...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Drsyed

What do you suggest....??
    Why is this knocking sound in 4th & 5th gear...??
    I got my FFS yesterday before getting the Cng installed , Engine oil,oil filter & plugs were changed but even then I am getting the knocking sound in the 4th & 5th gear...

Have you checked with your dealer...??
    if yes then what is his reply...??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@haaziq
    I have no idea what the knocking is about...but its not there when u change the gears at more than 3500 RPM. I haven't talked to the dealer about this as yet. I wrote to Pakchery Motors Karachi about another issue...and the reply was shockingly pathetic and highly unprofessional. I'll post that correspondence soon.
    By the way why did u get the plugs changed so soon??. And kindly let me know of the place you got the job done and the price. I am in Lahore nowadays and need to get FFS done on my car too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is the first time i am writing to ANY sort of website...

lets see...
    my chery qq history starts when i fell in love with the car the first time i read about it...
    then i got ripped off when the karachi dealer said i have to pay premium...i was so angry i dropped the idea of buying a car altogether! then i contacted the owner of pak-chery and bought the car for base prise without premium from the chery pakistan head office.

i have had qq since before eid...and converted it to cng after only 200kms (the petrol price was emptying m pockets!!!)
    initially the cng kit was giving me LOADS of problems, it was difficult to run my car on AC and the pick was PATHETIC...then i got the advancer like AliQadri also did...now it drive like my factory fitted spectra GV...!!!
    i also got the plugs changed frm the head office...also the clutch was adjusted to give better feel when changing gears...

the chineese loved my cng conversion...and took millions of pics of my car...tho it was SO DIFFICULT talking to them and explaning it to them..!

today, i took my car cuz i heard viberating sound from engine and the steering was also making a weird sound whe i turn it...plus my deck went crazy....it hangs and changes to full volume by itself...then stops wirking altogether!!
    so while mechanics were looking at my car i was sitting with the owner and director of chery in pakistan..
    he and i were both reading your forum replies and he was also shocked to see SO much support from u gys abt chery and specially qq...

ur right...the newflag cloud ic coming soon...the director id going to china to get the 3 specifications on the cars that china wants to send to pakistan...sadly chery head quarters wat to send petrol first THEN diesel...lets see...

anyway...the director of chery told me some guy in lahore did 172km/hr!!! but he ALSO mentioned the same things that ali qadri did like the folded mirrors, etc to go higher..
    so i think the 2 high speed guys i heard abt might be the same person...(one clue is that the 172km/hr guy has a sticker on his car saying "who says cherys are slow" or sumthiing like that..)

is it u ali qadri who has that sticker or is it some other guy?

hmm...long msg...gtg...u guys keep me posted abt how ur cars are going...
    farooq (0333-3377539)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

User Tag List