2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Revo Fan Club

Dear Mr. Atif Shah We welcome you to Pakwheels. {:-)

Although I and my friends are admirers of the Revo there are also some crtics of this car on these forums .

We hope to have productive discussions with you.

Once again thank you for your attention.

yours sincerely
    pakwheel members.

KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zakwild bhai

nice to hear that the Revo is still going strong after 2200kms, but i think we will get a better idea of what this car is made of after 25,000-30,000 kms.

by the way zakwild bhai what is the consumption on petrol, this is one very important figure, and i bet almost everybody at pakwheels would like to hear it.

and how mich is it costing you per km on cng, and what is the performance like on cng.another thing, have you installed an airconditioner, what is the performance like with ac and cng and ac and petrol.

would be extremely glad if you could answer these questions.

regards

autobanda
    KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice questions .. waise the car will perform like any other 800cc or a bit thirsty for petrol because of its body weight .. i think the 1050cc petrol will perform better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just some time ago today night on 12th September there was a program Executive Dialogue on CNBC where Mr.Feroze Khan interviewed and answered the question of the people. The salient point of interview are:

1) Sold 550 cars so far with production rate of 8 cars/day
    2) Production rate is being increased
    3) Back of the car is being redesigned with back mirror being lowered and so is the case with back bumper.
    4) The speedometer was radically designed by engineers and matches the new BMW design but in not liked much by people, so it is also being redesigned.
    5) Aim to sell 3000 cars next year.
    6) Govt is considering to purchase REVO cars
    7) Will consider to establish a plant at Bangladesh

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its good that they are working on the car's design. I hope the production increases and the 3000 cars aim next year becomes a reality. Did he give any time frame? when will the new improved REVO hit the streets?
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He did not give time frame but may be its REVO 2007 model that will incorporate the said changes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salamz

Well Well....

I have been following this Car even before it launched ...As one of my friend did Intenship from Omer Jibran .He told me about this car for the first time since than I have being alway looking after the progress of this car and the company

Even one of Friend worked there for almost 4 months there then he left the job from there , and at Prensnt my two friendz are still working in Omer Jibran [mother Company ]

and professionally I admire Mr Khan the way he told brave decision in his life ,
    Making Revo is one of them ....

There are few problem in the management of the company according to my friendz that is all because all the higher management is in the Hands of Mr Khans relativez and he always support them

Omer Jibran is a profitable organization where as Adam Motor is running in lossess

Initially it was also doing well because of itz truck Zabardast but unfortunately Zabardast is overtaken by Master Motor Company ,Which is also Progress and growing very fast

You can See Masterz truck almost all the where

Master and Hyundai Shezore are the successful trucks

I know Mr Khan is facing a tough time in terms of Selling Revo and at the Same time is also busy in improving the quality

As this car was made by reverse Engineering [ easy wasy of designing ] so its has problems in this doors and bonet and degee and there were huge gaps when u close between doors and body for they acquire the services of best denter of the City and tried to rectify the problem which is being rectified by far now ,

still itz interior give u the feel of cheapness which should be work on and Mr Khan himself admit that we are working on it .I know lots of inside stories of this company and manay more but all should not be discuss here .

At time company faces problem in material storage . and many other thing

Mr khan want to imporve quality for that he produces majority of the component in house but still u have to have Vendorz and at time Vendor does not get payments on time

It was history and I m telling u about the stories of 4 month back

as per Mr khans interview he said that we are making 8 car per day

if we consider that the production of thes cars being from this calender year from Jan
    then u can calculate how many carz should be there
    30day * 9months equal to 270 days *6carz per day equals to 1620 cars

so there should be 1500carz at least but there are only 550carz so far
    One Hope and always Support Mr Khans and Adam Motor that it increase it Production Level and sort out all the internal matter by doing so one can acheive the task and make progress at high rate
    Inshallah Adam Motor will come out of all the difficulties that came to its ways
    Ameen
    Life is to live with happiness

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My personal analysis of Revo is that they need to be a little proactive...

1) I mean ppl didn;t like the interior esp speedometer so they should have changed it as soon as possible.

2) secondly they should have done some planning before launching.. i mean if u have sold only 550 cars in 9 months than this means either ur production line is not fully ready or u have not been able to generate the demand.
    2a) If ur production line is not fully ready than u should wait before starting... i mean how can a company expect to earn the profit by selling 60 cars per month..?
    2b) if u r not able to generate demand than u should be a little proactive by bringing some new idea in the market... booking on 10% payment or something like free AC for specific period like 10 days in the price of the standard edition... u need to spur the demand by giving some incentive even if it cost u a little ...

3) secondly they need to bring new models soon.. i mean they should announce that they will be giving out new model every 2 yrs...

4) and lastly they should have plans for increasing their production... in low end market u earn by not price but by volume... let the economies of scale help u keep ur balance sheets in green... They should plan to get ur production upto 15000+ cars per annum atleast as soon as possible...

I really wish they succeed but so far they have not been able to impress me with their strategy...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ X com

Nice analysis .....

One hope that they should come up with something inovative

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just went through some previous pages in a flash.. have to say this fan club post is phenomenal. All the discussioin/information about REVO is available in the archives(previous pages). And one can safely say that this post is A TRIBUTE TO REVO from pakwheelers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I sincerely wish Adam Motor and Revo all success. I am disturbed by the fact that depsite the project undergoing teething problems, there has not been the overwhelming response required by homegrown buyers or the Govt. to support such an endeavor.In the US, it is the Government that purchases the bulk of locally made cars to keep the production lines running.As a person of Indian origin, i researched and found out that the Indian Government has sanctioned TATA Motor's Indigo sedan as an official car for middle level babus to use as an official car.The Indica hatchback is sanctioned for multipurpose use by govt. departments to purchase as required.TATA Motor sold 17541 passenger cars in August '06 alone.The bulk of the purchases are by govt. departments and taxi fleet operators.I hope the car buying Pak public and Govt. will support this project and make it a success!.
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nick

Exactly, but Adam don't have that big a production line at the moment to fulfil the ever rising demand. Hopefully, Adam's production will increase when the improved model of REVO will arrive.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ATTENTION :

@Datzburier (the Baap of the Revo Fan Club ) is MIA for almost 2 months.

What happend to Him ^o)...

there must be something wrong ..
    It's been a long journey

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Datzburier/JAKEEM posted the Toyota Revo topic not so long ago, I hope he will be here soon.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tata has lots of advantages over Adam Motor as TAta is one of the biggest group in India so Capital has never being an issue with the company where as it was designed by the an italian designer which might also gave it an edge in the domestic market as people in sub continent always beleive in imported things. and India always support its local industry and protect it by manay means tax and other stuff

Where as In Pakistan Adam Motor is owned by Mr Khan who started business in 1988 with Omer Jibran with the intial capital of 18 Million and which has now reached to around 600 Million

In 2001 Adam Motor was established with the assembling of trucks which were performing very welll and it was perhaps the 1st Chinese truck which was assmebled in Pakistan and Almost with the establishment of Adam MOtor ...Engineers from Omer JIbran were trained and 6 Persons Team made for the Project

In April 2005 it was lauched but at the same time problems occured within the company As their Truck was overtaken by Master Motor which at present have huge market share in that segment and now Master Motor is in Market with 5 different model and capacity

Time and again they were facing Problems but I must say MR Khan was still determine he could have chosen a easy wasy by expanding OmerJibran as vendor for the Assemblers as it is still of the biggest vendor in Pakistan and provide parts to almost all the brand and known for its plastic mould components in Auto sector

But Mr khan took this challege and they had improve the gaps by far now and I hope they will change the interior quickly to satisfy people

REVO does have it demand but Adam Motor is not able to fulfil the demand as ....their assembly line some how remain Idle for one or many reasons

Once they able to coup with Planning Problem then they would made bulk n bulk of Revo

I wish they will do so ......

People will Inshallah Support this car .....

Our govt and our leaders look always look for the shorter gains ....they should always strive for Nation Building and supporting and facilitating the Company which really work for the nation Building

On the other hand we always heard that our govt is Involve in one ot more scandal from Steel Mill , Thatta Cement
    and manay more

My one friends family is well known Business man in Pakistan and works in Cotton Exchange and steel ,they had give highest Bid for Thatta Cement 880 Million but our great govt decline there bid and gave it to the second higest bidder

Do u know why they withdrew from acquiring the Cement factory coz Minister issued the notice that whoever will buy this company have to pay its loan and they were npt telling the amount of loan as My friends company was asking for it coz they want to do business but they said If u have to buy this unit than u have to pay Loan and loan amount was not told

In short we can Image the way our govt is running this country

they are privatizing all the Profitable Unit at throw aways price , After 4-5 years when these foreign investor takes the profit out from our country than we will have to face hugh trade deficit

I am not against Privatization but the method that has being adopt by the govt is wrong

they all get huge KICK BACK MONEY

Revo is an sincere effort by a sincere person which lived outside the country then came back and invested in Pakistan and now he is investing building the future for they country

He even said that he will open COLLEGE FOR AUTOMATIVE DESIGN of world class in Pakistan

I wish he succeed in his massion ...
    MY SUPPORT IS ALWAY With him

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adam Motors is not being run efficiently. They have failed to create and meet the demand. In April 2005, when the car was launched, they announced that they have the capacity to produce 5000 cars per annum, and now it turns out that that statement was not correct. After more than 16 months, they have only made a tenth of that number.

They should have streamlined their assembly line before launching the car. They don't even have a country-wide dealership network as yet. It would be very unfortunate if Revo is allowed to go into oblivion just because of the mismanagement of the company.
    Evolution interrupted.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adam Motor shuld market there cars all over pakistan... n give dealerships to people...
    Jaguar E-type is a beauty

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salamz
    Well
    A person who take the dealership .....need some good quantity of vehcile to be booked every month in order to meet the expenses but If Adam Motors doesnt deliver the good quantity of vehicles than it would be very diffficul to meet the expenses for the dealer

In Karachi on Main Sharah E Faisal ...there is Adam Motor Show room ....which is also dealing in imported vehicles as well
    when i asked him ....she just told me the above mention reason

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With the production rate increasing by October/November expectations are that more and more numbers of vehicles will be sold by dealers and the seller of REVO will not have to keep other cars to make his living.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CEO’s Message
    For September 2006

Dear Valued Customer/Reader,

Adam Motor Company is coping with the challenges presented by our environment. We are working to exploit the strengths we possess by virtue of being a truly local and flexible setup. The market is dynamic and competitive and we are determined to make our way through.

We are working for quality enhancement and supply chain consolidation. The results so far have been encouraging. The staff at AMC believes in our products and put in all their efforts to ensure that the product is also valued by clients. Since day one, our aim has been to provide affordable 4 wheelers to the people of Pakistan and this philosophy has kept us going forward. We are willing to keep working in the same direction and contribute in improvement of life style of an average Pakistani citizen.

Continuous improvement has been the forte of all successful organizations and we sincerely believe in that. We have been able to take some quality issues by horns and are making serious progress in their resolution.

We thank our patrons and supporters for appreciating our effort and hope that Adam Motor Company would be able to achieve more in days to come.

Sincerely,

Feroz Khan
    CEO

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Saw a REVO in front of my office dashing at cruising speed, Evacuee Trust Plaza adjacent Marriot Islamabad, the car is smooth on road, needs some re-designing on the back and some aesthetic adjustment throughout, its a knock out to MEHRAN from my perspective.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List