2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Revo Fan Club

Dear Mr. Atif Shah We welcome you to Pakwheels. {:-)

Although I and my friends are admirers of the Revo there are also some crtics of this car on these forums .

We hope to have productive discussions with you.

Once again thank you for your attention.

yours sincerely
    pakwheel members.

KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Salimshaikh Bhai for appreciating the Revo GT.

Well, you ask a good question. Why do Adam Motors still has the picture of the REVO on their website. Lets think about it.

Its not just a car, brother, its an achievement, something that has never been done by any automaker in Pakistan. Its a milestone, sort of same iconic car as Beetle. Which may live on, as a first truly People's car, even after its discontinuation. Perhaps the company still believes in it. It serves as a reminder, or a Medal of Honor, a trophy, a feather in one's cap. You don't throw away a trophy, after you have achieved a milestone. You keep it, you treasure it. Because, you have deserved it.

I think its also to keep the spirits up, and a look back, at what they have achieved, what no one else has, in Pakistan. To be the first one to fully design and make a first Pakistani Car. To just remove the picture will be to just disown yourself from that fact. And its not a matter of Shame but sense of Achievement. To keep the sense of attainment. To value what, you and only you alone have achieved. To say the least, they should keep that picture up and keep the momentum going. To guide themselves to keep moving forward and be proud of what they already have achieved. Its like looking at your old ancestors and being proud of their achievement, sort of inspiration for the youngsters. To Show them, its all possible.

Yes we have done it, but we still have a long journey ahead, and by looking at REVO, you can atleast rest assured that You have taken the first Step, and its the first step that is hardest to take. Remain steadfast and never waver. You will keep moving forward.

We wish them all the best.

May Allah give them prosperity in all the future endeavors.
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

I got Turbo fingers... Anyone wants to race me in typing....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another Revo with different Headlamps... (Santro's)

Revo Fan Club  -806971
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi everybody. thanx for givin life to this post again. i eagerly wait for replies on this post as someone earlier said tht adam motors had some offers of a joint production from foriegn companies. So i always wait for some good news, for a hope, for a revo comin back to life. I always visit their website to see some news and the very existence of tht website gives me the feeling tht somethin good is on its way.
    I always have mixed feeling of joy n fear when i think of my country. sometimes i see it as a strong, powerful, developing country and thn something suddenly breaks tht image n i start thinkin where is our country headin coz of many problems its facin today. we have many foes n no friends. But thn one hope makes me stand strong. After every night there is a day.After every winter there is a spring. So surely thr will be good times for our country after all this suffering it has gone through since it came to existence. INSHA-ALLAH the bad times r on their end and the good times are about to start.

@bro datzburier the song u posted is one of my favorites. reminds me of some good old days at the politechnical university of bucharest and the severe cold winter in romania. tell me some other favorites of urs. I always think tht 90s gave birth to some gr8 music. now its all rap n crap n i have stopped listening to it. Even the rap in 90s was different.
    Ghulami Mai Khush Hai abhi dusro ki
    Ke rehte hai Janat mei woh Ahmako ki

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes.... Inshallah good times will come.....
    I have learnt that I have a lot to learn.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am moved after reading the sentiments expressed here. One thing that is common is that we don't treat cars as mere utility objects. I was as disappointed as any car fan in Pak when the Revo project went down. After night there is day. I'm sure something else will come along and i wish any future endeavour well.
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think this Thread has the highest number of replies or posts on pakwheels.com
    I have learnt that I have a lot to learn.

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes it does

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This thread went big when there used to be only 10 to 20 people online.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks all brothers for still keeping an interest in this thread.
    @Proud_Pak_Roman,

Como Ce mai, iti multumesc.

Nice to see you again brother. Romanian people are known to be very consistent. They are hardworking and gerenally good people. My company has an office in Bucharest, and we get to communicate with Romanians on daily basis. They have some similar cultural habbits, as people from South Asia, somewhat strong family values, compared to their Western European cousins. They remind me of Turkish people, they are not too different from them. And Turkey is only one country away from Pakistan.... and that too was part of the process of some change that our culture, society went thru. It was painful yes, but it was part of a huge force of chang

You are right brother, about the Music. Generally the Pop Culture (of US) has dominated the airwaves all over the world. Now the Rappers, and are followed by the young and impressionable teens like once the Prophets, Religous Alims, the Elderly relatives, were used to be respected and followed. Now you respect the People that look like Jay Zee and Fifty cents, Tupac (RIP), etc. and drive Hummers, and Rolls Royce, and flashing their Bling Bling (jewelry)

Actually, this is a moment to analyze, and carefully think at what is going on around us. This globalization is a powerful force. And CHANGE effects everyone, ultimately. Anyone resistant to change, just becomes part of history. We all know that, but we must also keep in mind, what and how to accept the change. There are many things that need to be changed in our society, yes...... and to acknowledge that is a good thing. That has always occured in all the societies. A new powerful culture, always affects everyone... Whichever that culture maybe. Before the Europe's rise around 16th and 17th century, it was the Islamic Khalifat (Ottoman's Empire) and the Mughal Empires, that infuenced us all, no matter what Religion we followed, in this Region of the Earth. It enfluenced, how we dressed, the way Buildings were made, the food that people began to eat, and that permanantly changed/enhanced India's culture certainly (Mughal buildings all across South Asia, Music (mughaal Sitaar, Tabla etc.), languages the creation of URDU... which is mixture of Indian, Turk, Persian, Arabic language, the Dress, introduction of Shalwar Kameez and Dupata, head garment for women..... Many Sikh and Hindu women wear Dopatta and that is considered a sign of Modesty, respect, introduced by Muslims in this part of the world).........India was our home till 1947, and Pakistan itself is an offshoot of India....also product of change....that was necessary at that time. And now both Pakistan and India are going thru another wave of Change.... that of globalization, with youngsters following the West blindly, dating, mating, drinkink like there is no tomorrow, and leaving behind their own culture values.. or as they call it baggage.... they think its better to dump the old baggage than to carry it forward onto the next generation... That they will regret, if they keep disrespecting their own culture, and its own values like respecting the elders, using a soft tone with elders and speaking in a respectful, grafecul language, as we all were taught in our young days, instead of humming to the tunes of the Rappers with alot of curse words...

But in the process of change, we must be aware of what and who is trying to change us. Yes, USA will be happy, if we just COPY cat them in every aspect of life, but is that the real goal in life, to Make USA happy with us. Nowzbillah, that would be committing a Major SHIRK (equating someone, something, some idol, with God).....

Even Americans themselves proudly say, In God We Trust and that God has a special eye for America. That may also be true, as God/Allah (S.W.T) has said that A status of Nation (ascendence), is determined by the individuals. No Nation will change unless its people Change themselves for the better. So, the American have themselves Followed, God's commandment.

But now, once that they have attained that ascendancy, of being all powerful and glorious, they now want to REPRESS all the other cultures and countries of the world. By dominating them by Force and WARS, under their own Culture, and subjugate them, to bow before their Rappers, and culture of Nudity, Alcohol, $ex and drugs and McDonalds and Hummers, and whatever it stands for, and if you don't.... Cobra Gunships and F-16s will be BBQing you alve ... and that too by your own dictator governments.... Sad but true..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@datzburier.

No, we should thank you on behalf of the whole community for supporting Revo the way that inspired many like me.

InshaAllah one day our dream will come true.

There is one thing that I would like to add here.

Revo was a success. People here generally believe that Revo failed because of its own deficiencies. They need to know that the car itself was a success. When I went to their showroom I saw loads of people taking interest in the car. But I was very disappointed to find out that their staff knew too little about the car. They lacked effort, energy and commitment. Probably, Mr. Khan's recruitment team appointed people based on personal relations than skill. We could be better salesmen than them.

Now Mr. Khan or anybody who wants to fulfill this dream should be very cautious about their next step. I am sure he knows a lot more about marketing and customer services than I do. Presentation is as important as designing a complete car. I feel that Revo was not presented well enough. The first pictures that we saw of the car were taken in the factories front lawn. Then, the units that were sent to the show rooms as first impressions were pre-production prototypes, cars that were used during testing. So, obviously, they were not good as new.

Despite all this, the people of our country went crazy about Revo. Revo's most fans belong to the low income groups and I am sure Adam would have sold a record number of Revos. Not only because there are still some people in Pakistan that truly love their homeland but also because it was a very good and a very competitive car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nightsurfer bhai,

Thanks for your kind words brother, but I am nobody and my words mean nothing, if there is no one that uderstands and cares for them. I thank all the brothers to patiently go thru my long posts, even I get tired while reading thru my own old posts... what was I thinking. Thanks guys.

Thanks to Almighty Allah, our land is blessed with sons and daughters that have practically shown time and again that yes we can do it when the world doubted us the most, and declared us as a failed state. We have courageous Men and Women among us, that DO rise to the occasion and sacrifice everything the've got when the nation needs them. And that is how a resilient nation LIVES on.... by the sacrifices of few and the brave, hundreds and millions continue to live on. We must not forget them. They are truly our heros.

We may be at odds with them, but they have proven their harshest critics wrong.

Muhammed Ali Jinnah, Liaquat Ali khan, Feroz Khan, Dr. Qadeer Khan, Dr. Abdus Salaam(Winner of Noble prize for Physics), Benazir Bhutto, Fatima Jinnah, Aziz Bhutti Shaheed, Tufail Muhammed Shaheed, Sawaar Shaheed, Rashid Minhas Shaheed, and all the soldiers of Pak Army, are those such heroes, that have lived for and many died to give our country a chance and save it from aggressors (both from within the country and outside). As long as our country has self less courageous people, brilliant, people as them, we have a bright outlook. Insha-Allah (God Willing).

I included B.B above because she could have easily lived a life of Luxury (either outside or even in Pakistan) she was already living, but she risked her life, despite knowing the high odds (specially after the first attemp on her life, soon after she arrived), and had come a long way, since her first Prime Ministership. I never supported her before, but after analyzing and seeing all the facts, it seemed like this time around she had politically matured and become more decisive, and had learned more only Allah knows best. May Allah rest her soul in piece. It was to be as such.

Our land has many good people, and their willingness to go above and beyond their call of duty to help the nation, is what keeps our spirits up.

Basic respect and dignity for all, the whole world is watching and judging us all the time. We need to keep our spirits up and hopes alive. We are not the only country that is a survivalist nation, their are many nations that faced extreme odds and have lived to be stronger nations. Japan is a perfect example.
    When you fall down you pick yourself and move on. Its not how high up you make it in life, but how fast you rise up again after a fall. This holds true both for an individual and a nation in general as well. We all know these things, we just say it remind ourselves and eachother.

May God help us all and make our nation prosperious, Ameen.

I thought I just saw a ghost of Revo.... We love that car... It will live on in our minds and hopefully have taught us alot, in terms of economic management, worker training, on time auto-parts procurement, etc. The next person who will try a venture, will certainly has to look into these TOUGH learned lessons from Revo.

You either learn from someone else's lesson or your own life becomes a lesson for others to learn from.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

**SIGH**

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@PavementPounder Bhai,

Why so upset brother... Cheer up.... Revo was an important step toward industrialization of our country. There is no reason to feel heart broken, but rather look at the birth of Revo, as source of inspiration and joy. We should be proud of the fact that such a fully functional car was completely designed and made in Pakistan with some parts from here and there...

Its a beginning and NOT the end. We will only move forward from here on, Insha-Allah.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the few hundred owners who bought the Revo must be very very dissappointed with Adam Motors.

there will hadly be any resale value on it now and not to mention availability of spares.

has any pakwheels member bought the Revo?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Revo Fan Club - IMG 2422 1
    REVO 80+ // Hobbyist photographer // www.farrukhpitafi.com // www.farrukhpitafi.deviantart.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zakwild
    Bravo! Its been long since we last saw one of your works.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Datz_Indian: "has any pakwheels member bought the Revo?"

Look at the post right below yours.
    And he's very happy with it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ooooooaaaaaeeee hhhhhhhoooooooaaaaaeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zakwild B hai!!!!

- What a descriptive image! (y)

I hope the new Government realizes that 'we' need a Local car! I hope they realize to help a local brethren not hurt...
    Syed Swift A|i.
    ( Arid soul bhai.. You will always be there in the hearts and souls of many! )

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about spares for the revo?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zakwild Bhai.... loved your answer to the Very Disappointed Copy cat INDIAN, with just ONE picture...

Absolutely loved it.

About Revo's spareparts,

Indian, we don't have any problem with the spares, as the 80% of this Pakistani car's parts are made locally and are used by the other almost Pakistani Car, Mehran, both Revo by Adam Motors and Mehran by Pak Suzuki share almost 70% to 80% of the parts, i.e. brake parts, axles, wheel assembles, shocks, wiring harnesses, etc. Same local parts vendors supplied part when Revo was made, and continue to supply these parts for Mehran. As long as local vendors for parts manufacturing are up and running, we would have no problem with any car's spare parts, including Revo's.

The only thing different is the drivetrain, which can be made and overhauled 100% by any local mechanic. These mechanics are experts and know these 800cc, 1000cc engines like the back of their hands. All these IC engines are same. Whether made by Suzuki, Toyota, KIA, Hyundai, or Wuling (the supplier of Revo's engines). So don't you worry.

Your replies show only disdain and vitriol like many of you Indians are known for. I know there are some good Indians too, but far fewer, that are sincere and wish all the best with true sincerety. We in the Pakistan are either neutral or wish the best in terms of any of our neighbor's success, including India's.

We just wish Indians were also just as sincere and well wishers of Pakistan as we are of them. I hope you get the drift.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List