2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Revo Fan Club

Dear Mr. Atif Shah We welcome you to Pakwheels. {:-)

Although I and my friends are admirers of the Revo there are also some crtics of this car on these forums .

We hope to have productive discussions with you.

Once again thank you for your attention.

yours sincerely
    pakwheel members.

KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Revo is going to add relief to an only lil extent but IT'S GONNA DO THAT. See we can take example of motorcycle industry of pakistan. Before the launch of Pakhero; Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki were the only providers. As Pakhero took step see where the motorcycle industry is now in Pakistan. prices are reduced, quality is improved. thats what Revo gonna do INSHALLAH
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

I got Turbo fingers... Anyone wants to race me in typing....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way REVO is equipped with "Wuing" powertrain which is considered among the best powertrains available in China. GM of USA, also uses WULING engines in its Cars like Cheverolet, Buick, GMC, etc. being made in China.
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pakistan is a small country, we all need to lift it out of poverty, wherever we may be. People outside of this country are really helping Pakistan by giving it almost 4 BILLION Dollars of Remmitances every year. Thats a small number of people 4.7 million living abroad, or 2.5% of the population contributing to Pakisatn about roughly 30% of Pakistan annual exports equivalent ($12 Billion last year).

Allah help us all, achieve this common goal of making Pakistan a developed country.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its really pathetic to see the comments made by some people about the revo.Its true that the engine and transmission is from china but you cant achieve excellence the frist time.Just give adam motors some time.they have launched an initiative and it will be taken further in the form of an all pakistani-made beautiful car.ok.INSHA_ALLAH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No one here is forcing others to buy Revo. If you can buy yourself a Cayenne Turbo than don't buy Revo. Atleast don't say anything against it.
    Its chinese? ok go and manufacture an engine yourself and give it to adam motors to put in Revo. are you capable of doing that? If you don't know how industries flourish then Don't complain.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In order to differenciate itself from the competition, Revo may have to give a slightly more attractive package. The low range for basic 800cc for around Rs. 220,000 - 250,000 would be fine but the high range for 1000cc equipped with AC and CNG for Rs. 469,000 is a bit too steep for a small new car trying to enter the market. In US, when Hyundai entered the market the introduced small 1000cc cars for HALF the price of similar Japanese competitor's cars, as no American car maker made small 1000cc cars. But now Hyundai is getting noticed and has captured 2% to 3% of American car market. American Car market is so immense even capturing 1% of the American car market can make you financially sound. Many German automakers had tough time entering in US market due to Price disadvantage, as BMW only has roughly 2% of American market.
    Europeans have not been as successful as Asian automakers in US, mainly due to price disparity. Entering the US market in a big way, was the main reason Mercedez Benz merged with US's 3rd rate, Chrysler group, which was almost bankrupt a decade earlier.

Anyway, the Revo definately is a good car, but it is facing alot of criticism, and I am afraid partriotism alone may not keep it afloat, but good attractive package, just like what Hyundai did in US, with price reduction and good Warranty, as Hyundai has got one of the best powertrain Warranty in US, 10 years, or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. So, even if you Hyundai breaks down in 10 years, you can replace its engine or transmission free of cost from factory, which made this car popular here along with lower price.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adam Motors is the first Pakistan automaker, but that doesn't mean the only one. I'm sure technology will improve over time, and the possiblity of other Pakistani carmakers will arise, creating good, healty form of competition. For the Pakistanis, competition means more jobs and affordable cars in the near future. If businesses put enough money into Research and Development programs, we can develop modern cars that compete with the rest of the Asian market.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you make something yourself, even if its a sandcastle on the beach, for a moment you stop and feel proud of yourself.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Even a small achievement by Pakistanis, that makes most people feel proud, goes a long way, in terms of Confidence in National economy and its capabilities.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We can take pride in foreign imports but at best, these achievements belong to other men, Japanese in the case of cars in Pakistan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pride is the basis of keep on building and improving anything.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets make it simple. If No person took pride in scoring high in exams (A+ grades, or always 1st position in class), then you loose the motivation.
    You just loose competitive edge, when there is no incentive, no pride in working hard and achieving high marks.
    Everyone starts to cheat, and takes short cuts, copying other people during the exam, and thinking they are doing well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There are many types of pride one can indulge in. True pride based on your own achievements, or false pride based on someone else's achievement, i.e. cheating during exams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In case of automobiles in Pakitan, all the cars are either Japanese or Korean industrial achievements, and has not anything Pakistani what so ever about them. In a way, you are cheating in the exam for example, by just keep relying on other nations' achievements. We as Pakistanis need to be start taking pride in Pakistan and start to do something.. even if its a small step toward self reliance, we need to start... somewhere.. thats all...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Revo is the beginning of an idea. The idea that with a company like Adam we as Pakistanis will learn and gain experience in the Auto sector. A car is more sophisticated than the Space Shuttle and thus takes time to understand. Does anyone here think for even a moment that we possess the knowledge and skills to make a world class car today completely in Pakistan? Well, I'm here to tell you we don't!...Not yet. But Insha Allah, with time and commitment and especially support from the Pakistani buying public, Adam can grow and improve.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It will take 5-8 years to really gain traction and I only hope that critical mass can be reached and sustained during that time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adam (Feroz Khan) has inspired me alot, and I'm sure many will follow in his lead. People in this position can return to their homeland and give back what they have learned from the technology centers of the world. This is how it has worked for hundreds of years, and it will work here in Pakistan too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How long can we Pakistanis live on borrowed technology of Japan and Korea (wherever we are, we are still Pakistanis, I also happen to live in motown, Detroit Suburb and our hearts beat for Pakistan and pray for its safety and succuss).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If we rely on solely on Japan to provide us automobiles, then we are leaving ourselves at the mercy of these budhist businessmen. They (Japanese) are one of the most shrewd and extremely Profitminded individuals on earth. They don't have any care or well wishes for anyone, just where they can mint money they will set shop. As far as our hope, that Japan will someday teach us to make cars ourselves, that a fools dream.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

They, will never transfer us this technology, as they have not invested one dime in making the sophisticated Engine + Transmission in Pakistan ever since their initial presence in Pakistan (Suzuki, 1984 or 1985). It has been 20 years atleast now, what has Suzuki transferred to Pakistan, other than few Welding machines, that are used to put together (Imported and mind you obsolete auto parts from Japan).

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List