2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Revo Fan Club

Dear Mr. Atif Shah We welcome you to Pakwheels. {:-)

Although I and my friends are admirers of the Revo there are also some crtics of this car on these forums .

We hope to have productive discussions with you.

Once again thank you for your attention.

yours sincerely
    pakwheel members.

KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am also a member of Revo Fan club. Next year when I will return to Pakistan (Insh Allah) I will run a project to design interior for this car. It will be an acedemic exericise carried out by university students working for their degrees and will be gifted to AMC if successful. The entire work will be done by a dedicated team without any monetary incentives, as thier primary goal will be to earn thier degrees. This exercise will be based on my experience of working on car interior designs and plastic materials with GM, Daewoo and Hyundai since last ten years.

The link between acedamia and industry is vital for development and design of new parts. Every year thousands of academic projects are done and results go to waste as these research work are not properly channeled to industry.
    Drive safe, life is precious

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Welcome to the club mic420 bhai. You are right about the link between academia and industrial entities. This is how Toyotas of Japan made a place in this world. Americans were all over the world, with their Fords, Dodges and Chevies but what happened in last 30 years or so.. Japanese came from NOWHERE.. and surprised everyone with their small fuel efficient cars. The Japanese cars were not really reliable when they first hit the market in 1960s, but slowly with help of their own research, they are at this stage. They learned from their own failures. Toyotas and Hondas used to have alot of Quality and reliability issues during the 1960s but slowly they corrected their mistakes, learned where they failed and tried again, listened to their loyal customers in Japan, and made improvements diligently. And ARAB countries imposing OIL Embargo on USA and other Western Countries also helped the Japanese tremendously. They Americans started buying smaller more fuel efficient cars from Japan, and then 1970s turned around the whole of Japan into Richer countries.. only at the back of their AUTO industry.. A little bit of luck .. but also alot of hard work, brought Japanese to where they are today.

Its certainly can be done in Pakistan as well, if we all support our People, like Adam Motor people.. They are doing a noble work for all of Pakistan... and also want to make money in the end, thats understandable..
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

I got Turbo fingers... Anyone wants to race me in typing....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@autobanda
    Good thinking.Adam should first introduce power and automatic options to beat all the Small cars of pakistan.If the do this everyone will have a very good reason to buy a revo.
    Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CHECK OUT NEW ADAM VEHICLE

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!12768~ForumID!16~pw.html

JumboJet
    It's been a long journey

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"Controlled and limited" Competition at this stage CAN benefit Pakistan's developing auto industry. Now you will Suzuki seriously do something about its Mehran. They took all of Pakistan for FREE RIDE for Far too long, in their substandard car, now with all this competition from REVO and Chery QQ, hopefully, Suzuki would seriously offer something better than Mehran in that price range or upgrade the design of mehran or just eliminate it all together and reduce the price of ALTO VXR, there is a chance, as now they are seriously seeing some competition in 3 to 4 lakh range car segment, which they had none before to worry about.
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The nerve of the guys at Honda Atlas motors. They have increased the price of the piece of S**t called City by 50,000 rs and they are saying they need protection!!!! I would rather kick there asses.

Excuse me for the outburst, yet there is a limit to how much s**t one can take.

Long live local car REVO.
    KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MUBARAKAN MUBARAKAN Datzburier bhai

We have just gone beyond 100 replies.And more and more people are joining in.

by the grace of ALLAH Long live Revo Fan Club.

Ameen.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Century ho gaaey.. Wah bhai.. That was fast. Alhumdulilah. This car is only gaining more and more steam everyday. The reports so far are all positive. May Allah Keep it that way. Insha-Allah this car will prove to be what Model T-Ford did for America. Provided an economical and good ride, Made in America to Millions of Americans. Model T-ford also created this ripple effect of good jobs in USA which is still going on to this day...

Its true, before, the Model-T Ford was introduced, only Prosperous, well off Americans could afford a car, but as more and middle class started to buy cars, this generated a tremendous economic activity. Which also led to growth in other industries, like Washing machines, vacuum cleaners, Radios etc. Infact 1920s was known as ROARING 20s, due to Americans being so well off in their history uptil then, but sadly in 1930s there stock markeet crashed, and all the economy fell, its a cycle, one decade good, one decade bad, then also in 1940s we all know, WWII consumed that decade and after the war, 1950s, Americans again prospered, mainly on the back of the success of their AUTOMOBILE industry. And in 1970s, America had a depression, again due to slow down in AUTOMOBILE Industry.. and in 1990s Americans had a great decade.. now it was not just auto but COMPUTER Industry which made America prosperous, AUTO Industry also boomed, with sales of SUVS and new cars, hitting all time high. Almost 17 millions cars (1.7 CRORE) sell every year in America. And this AUTOMOBILE industry is one reason behind America's prosperity it always had been, but now ofcourse, America also has very matured, defense, computer, housing market, etc. But AUTOS MADE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY none the less play a very significant role in development of any country.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is for new brother, Xcom_Cheetah, wanted to know about Revo. Please read above replies brother. Hopefully it will help in making a decision about purchasing Revo.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mics420...Are you serious about the interior? If you are you should drop me a line. What will be your theme? What shape vocabulary will you use and how will you harmonize materials use and availability against the needs of the market? So many questions...

Regarding academia's efforts going to waste, remember experience is the book of the mistakes we made until we got it right. My father once said, "Any damn fool can design something. It's the Genius who makes it work!"...No insult intended, but an interior design is a VERY sophisticated task, as I am sure you know. How will you get the studednts to learn all they need to know to solve the myriad problems in fit, finish, tolerance for a low cost nice interior? What is your plan?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Revo Lovers
    Adam Motors are not sleeping and they do read and reply the emails. I am copying below the e-mail I sent to them on 9th of Jan-06 and their reply today on 17th of Jan-06.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Your suggestions have been noted
    for future product planning purposes.

Sincerely,

Marketing & Sales Dept.
    Adam Motor Company

Asif Zahoor wrote:

Assalamoalaikum! I just want to ask as well as suggest that why don't you use Daihatsu 660 cc super fuel efficient engines on your Revo, nstead of using Chinease engines. Atleast you can adopt the technology from Daihatsu for such a superb highly fuel efficient engines wich generat much more power and torque. Please do revise the Dashboard,speedo meter etc. Atleast you can design better interior with no cost.
    Regards,
    M Asif Zahoor Tahiri.
    Always Remember Allah while you are standing, sitting or lying down.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@datzburier
    i was seriously thinking of getting a REVO inplace of my current '92 CNG fitted Mehran but whomever i talked to advised me against it (My friends and my elder bros who will be probably providing some additional finances)...

i have just seen the car from the outside... haven't visited any dealer yet, but for me the important thing is some feedback from actual owners of the cars... there are just 2 feedbacks in 100+ post in this topic and none of them said anything abt the mileage and CNG efficiency and other aspects of engine.. So i m a little hesitant now myself. only worth noting comment was by one who said that it has a slow pickup which doesn;t sound too good to me.

Moreover the repeated delays in launching the car is also a little source of concern. either they shouldn;t have launched it officially way back in April 2005 when they knew they won;t be launching for public right away.

Lastly price of REVO is attractive but wot abt the parts cost..? the biggest advantage of the Mehran is that they have parts which are cheaper than CD70.
    But i still like to buy it if engine and CNG kit is better than Mehran and have some sort of peace of mind that parts will be cheap.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar cheetah bhai (I hope you dont mind me using abreviated nick)

The basic thing is that the Revo a new car . All new cars have their moments of uncertainity. We seriously hope that the Revo wll be a succeful car in Pakistan.
    I personaaly think that you should first try the Revo drive it around than decide upon not buying it. There is no doubt that the Revo is a better car than the Merhan, but the thing that gives it away is that it is new, there will always be the risk factor of resale value. If you are buying a car for personal use and dont intend to sell it soon, I would suggest you the Revo.

SORRY YAAR I AM RUNNING OUT OF TIME WILL REPLY LATER.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Revo Fan Club  -626825
    It's been a long journey

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jumbojet Bhai, that Adam Motors van design by you is looking really nice.

Cheetah bhai, you concerns are valid. But what are the alternatives you are considering, in that price range. Mehran is the only other option you would have open, or used cars which have already put 10+Years on the body and engine. So, only REAL options are either a slightly used Mehran since new one will cost 310,000 PLUS OWN, or a BRAND NEW REVO, which you can drive home for 286,000 Taxes, registration included.

About the pick of the car. Its true that Revo is slightly heavier than mehran due to added safety features and a bigger body but not too much heavier. I think anumalik who has owned Revo has said it gave him good fuel economy on CNG. It all depends on how you drive. If you accelerate the cars, too much while initially moving the car, then obviously car will consume more petrol of CNG. but if you just drive easy, and don't press the accelerator too hard, the CNG consumption would be good, plus it also depend on where you drive. Inside the city, it will always take more CNG.

About parts. Revo uses almost all the same local parts, as Mehran does. Both Revo and Mehran have 70% local parts. So, whatever you can buy for mehran, like shocks, brakes, other local made parts should be able to fit into Revo. The main difference is the engine, which both get from abroad. So, Maintaining REVO will not cost you more than maintain Mehran. But infact it may even be more cost efficient, due to being a new car, and more attention given to quality. Alot of new Mehran owners complain of noises comming from Shocks, struts, brakes being too loose, etc. but in Revo no owner has mentioned such thing.

Engine on this car is also trust worthy, as GM of USA is using engines from same company WULING, in China for their cars being made in China.

So, Go for Revo Brother. There are more reason to go for Revo, then choosing Mehran. By buying REVO you can not get a car inferior than a Suzuki Mehran. Suzuki people don't care about quality, they know they can sell it and people have no choice, BUT NOW, its different, now YOU have a better choice than Mehran.. Then why go back to a company, like Suzuki, which does not care about its customer and keep selling them same Substandard, low quality car like mehran for almost 17 Years now.

Think about it. Revo is better choice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@datzburier bahi i would like to add something on spare parts even i had this concerned in mind that parts would be expensive then mehran but when i called them they said the parts in market are 30-40% cheaper then mehran in some cases and some parts are of equal cost not expensive then mehran he gave me example of front headlight of revo which cost 3600 rs per pair and crystal lights of mehran cost more then 5000 or may be more then 6000

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are absolutely right brother ali. The reason being is that, Owner of Adam Motor company also owns Jibran Engineering company which SUPPLIES parts to Suzuki, and therefore, Adam Motor Company can provide some parts for REVO, that are infact 30% to 40% cheaper. Thats a good point. Thanks for bringing that up. So, Revo is not only cheaper to buy, but also cheaper to maintain, then mehran.

So, you always WIN with the REVO.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar cheetah bhai this is for you and all other guys who doubt the Revo. These are the dimensions of the cars of same category.

(REVO)
    Length 140 in 11.7 ft 11'8''
    Width 59.5in 5.0 ft 5'
    Height 57.9in 4.8 ft 4'10''
    Wheelbase 93.5in 7.8 ft 7'10''
    Tread F 50.8in 4.23 ft 4'3''
    R 50.3in 4.2 ft 4'2''

(Mehran)
    Length 131 in 10.9 ft 10'11''
    Width 55.3in 4.61 ft 4'7''
    Height 55.5in 4.62 ft 4'7''
    Wheelbase 85.6in 7.13 ft
    Tread F 47.8in 4.0 ft 4'
    R 47.2in 3.9 ft 3'11''

(Santro)
    Length 137.6in 11.5 ft 11'6''
    Width 58.9in 4.9 ft 4'11''
    Height 62 in 5.2 ft 5'2''
    Wheelbase 93.7in 7.8 ft 7'10''
    Tread F 51.8in 4.3 ft 4'4''
    R 51.1in 4.3 ft 4'4''

(Joy)
    Length 137.6in 11.5 ft 11'6''
    Width 58.9 in 4.9 ft 4'11''
    Height 58.5 in 4.9 ft 4'11''
    Wheelbase 92.1 in 7.7 ft 7'8''
    Tread F 51.8 in 4.3 ft 4'4''
    R 50.4 in 4.2 ft 4'2''

(Alto)
    Length 133.7in 11.1 ft 11'1''
    Width 58 in 4.8 ft 4'10''
    Height 57.5in 4.8 ft 4'10''
    Wheelbase 93 in 7.5 ft 7'6''
    Tread F 51 in 4.3 ft 4'4''
    R 51 in 4.3 ft 4'4''

After reading this you can just see how large the Revo is

and its cheaper than the Mehran
    Prices cheapest models

REVO 280,000
    MEHRAN 315,000
    SANTRO 559,000
    JOY 585,000
    ALTO 419,000

I am extremely tired, would like some appreciation.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is not how I typed it

its all jumbled up

hope you gus understand it
    if not let me know

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xcuse duh! typin mis take tis

if you guys dont understand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 128 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

User Tag List