2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Revo Fan Club

Dear Mr. Atif Shah We welcome you to Pakwheels. {:-)

Although I and my friends are admirers of the Revo there are also some crtics of this car on these forums .

We hope to have productive discussions with you.

Once again thank you for your attention.

yours sincerely
    pakwheel members.

KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahsan1702
    Welcome brother. Revo is made to compete with Mehran and Coure not Vitz. The Japs have been making cars for decades it is not fair to compare them with a company that has just started making cars. We have compared all the other small cars with REVO on this particular post and we came to some surprising results. REVO is the cheapest/ the strongest and the best looking car in its class. Please revisit the previous pages.

Yes, still early days to say anything about its reliability and performance.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dude you not getting me ... we support crap so it can go against the crap being made. So all they do is what ... add power windows and make it more modern ?

Adam needs to make the Revo into something the Vitz would fear. Target for whats standard in the world so that we can get our stuff upto that standard!
    1st Generation Integration

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You want the cheapest car in Pakistan to have power windws/steering etc. This car is made for the people of Pakistan who want to own a brand new car. Our nation does not need mercedes class cars beacause they can't afford them. It all depends upon the needs of a market. Revo can't beat Civics and Corollas because it is not made to do so.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure we can add power windows etc. but what that will do is that it will increase the cost and the cost is the best thing about Revo.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes mate thats what I am saying. WHY has this been done. We aint seeing the mehran, alto, cuore etc being wiped out for a LONG time.

With the Revo constantly getting upgraded to compete in this class in the end it will become the leader of this class inshallah ... but it wont matter as these decade old subcompacts arent the future.

Its jus like winning in the retarted olympics ... even if you win you are still a retard.

All im saying that Adam should have made the 105i truly something to be had.

And dumped the old tech in the 80S ... kept it the same price as the normal mehran wagaira but gave truly amazing stuff, the engine sounds ok, suspension is gona cry on KHI roads ... power steering and windows should have been there. Plus the interior ... strong dissapointment.

Sadly id still wouldnt buy this just now. Esp after I just read that even the 105Si wont give power everything ... not that the others give that but hey its supposed to be the cheapest and give you value for money like no other. It aint doing that ... and risking in a new company ... id rather get a well proven car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all I am not a representative from Adam Motors, but quite contrary to that, I am the furthest removed person sitting in USA, supporting our country's first car. Because, I have seen, how much Americans support their own Car Industry, even though their own car makers admit loosing out to Toyota and all the othere foreign automakers, mainly Japanese. So, if the Americans, the people who pioneered the Autoindustry, with Model T-Ford and along with European help invent this Industry are fearful of Japanese, Where do we stand. No Where. So, the only thing positive for us, is our Entrepreneurial spirit, and the will to stand on own feet one day.

And also, NEVER BE AFRAID OF YOUR COMPETITION. Like in Urdu "Jo Durr Gya wo Murr Gye", I am all for Competition. Let it come, baby.

Let it play its due role, but we also have to know our own strength. You do not Throw a 1000 Lbs Weight on a featherweight, weight lifter that can only lift 100 lbs or so, just an example, I pulled out of hat. Our auto industry is in its infancy, but fast growing. All the countries in our region, be it China, India, Malaysia, HAVE 160% or more DUTIES on full imports, and their Autoindustry is more advance than ours. We are a developing country. We need to learn to build cars first, ourselves, if we are to survive as a respected and dignified nation, and not just keep exporting Rice and Towels, and keep importing heavy ticket items, which are KILLING our economy right now.

Adam Motors is the First and only Attempt at making a sub compact car by anyone in Pakistan, and that too with China's help. So, let not KILL THIS BABY, at its inception, let it breath a bit, let it grow a bit, then we can make it race against fully grown Adults like Toyota and Honda.

And it can grow one day, provided, we don't KILL it today.
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

I got Turbo fingers... Anyone wants to race me in typing....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

give me an example of the closest car to REVO that has power everything. You will say Joy/ Santro/ Cultus/QQ.
    What is their cost? 500,000 minimum. How can you expect REVO to beat them in such a price?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This power package can be bought in market for around 15,000 rupees. 4,000 to 5,000 for Powerwindows, and 7,000 to 10,000 for Powersteering kit.

So, it would be really great, if Adam Motors can just offer an OPTION, if someone is willing, to have these installed for and addition 15,000 Rupees. It will still keep the Revo as the cheapest car in 1000cc range as well, with all these options, that people are so in love with.

Infact, I will just e-mail Adam Motors, to have this as an option.

The CEO does read the e-mails, and you may even see this package on Revo one day.
    I am not related to CEO or anybody at Adam Motors, just an anonymous Paksitani in US.
    Permanent positive change (in your life, or the society) with proper planning occurs slowly. While without planning any change becomes a disaster rather quickly. Said by Whocares...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You didnt get my value for money point mate.

I mean ... Id rather would have liked paying for a 800cc Revo which would cost the same as the Mehran and offer power steering and windows and a better suspension and more advanced tech rather than paying 2,79,000 for a car that is made to compete primarily with a car that was made almost 20 years ago!

Now its more like hey u can get a mehran for less ... try the Revo.

It would have been better ...

Hey you can get something much more for the same price of a Mehran. The Revo!

The aint changing the suspension, dash layout etc that easily on the car ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i do not understand why you are comparing new cars with older cars. Will the old car give you more economy? will it give you peace of mind? No. If that is the case then all the small cars which are made in Pakistan are beaten by other older cars. You can get a late 90's Civic in the price of a new Santro, and a good late 90's Pajero in the price of a civic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To prove my point that this isnt a NEW MODERN car. Its comparable and beatable by old stuff from the 90's.

Leaf spring suspension, that tacky and very bad looking interior etc ... they should have made it more costlier but made it more advanced so atleast it would be considered modern by some standards atleast.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have just e-mailed Adam Motors with this Power Package idea.

Hopefully, it would be taken seriously.

Here is the context of the e-mail
    "
    Assalam O Alaikum,

Insha-Allah you would be in best of health, may Allah bless you with more prosperity and health.

I your old Revo Fan from USA, as you may already know. Basically a member of Pakwheels.com, a web based Pakistani Automotive community portal.

There are many members that are suggesting if a Power Package for Revo was offered, specially in 105 Class range, it would really make Revo Stand out even more. This is already a great car, but there is no limit in making it better, as with any car, including top of line cars like Lexus (which I drive, here in US), and Mercedez.

The Power Package can be offered as an optional package. The Powersteering, can be bought in aftermarket for 8,000 to 10,000 Rupees and also Power Windows can be bought for 4,00o to 5,000 Rupees. So, if a Power Package for Revo is made available, for 15,000 Rupess additional or so, it will really be worth it. You will not need any major investment, just use the available, China Made kits in the market.

One of the biggest Competitor to not only Revo but other cars is the Chinese Car, Chery QQ, as you may already know. Their main attraction for buyers is this Power Package, Powerwindows, Power Steering, powerlocks, and their car cost well into 5 Lakh.

So, this Power Option, will really make Revo Stand Out, and all this can be done with just a little bit of effort, but would pay off a lot in the end, as the car would be more attractive compared to Chery QQ, and the likes.

Take Care Brother.

Wish you all the best and praying for Revo's (our Country's) success.

Allah Hafiz."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ahsan,

Actually REVO was MADE to compete against Mehran.

The initial decision was made about 6 or 7 years ago, when there were no other small cars in this class of Mehran, and there still Are not.

Adam Motors realized early on, that there is already a Supply and Demand Gap in Pakistan, so they decided to make a small car, at the level of Mehran, and NOT TO COMPETE AGAINST TOYOTA VITZ, A CAR SELLING AT ABOVE 6 LAKH, WITH A CAR SELLING AT 2.7 LAKH.

Remember vits just arrived, the plans for Revo were started in early 2000, as I read somewhere in Feroz Khan's (the CEO of Adam Motors), Interview.

So, Do not make it, force to Compete against Toyota Viz, Revo was never meant for that. It was MADE TO COMPETE with Mehran, using the LOCAL PARTS, all made in Paksitan, which Mehran also uses.

Lets end this here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir I know thats why it was made. Its pretty obvious.

What I am saying is that they should have NOT done that. The Mehran is old tech ... with a bit of more pricing ... Im sure they could have got fairly better and more tech. in it, from the mechanical point of view.

I mean ... even if they beat Mehran ... dont expect the Revo to be competing against any other cars. Because all other cars will be mechanically superior.

The 105i to me is the main disappointment. It should have more bling bling to attract people. Alloys, a lil spoiler and other stuff ... they can manage in the pricing im sure.

Plus the interior ... I never liked it from the start.

If they offered the Revo 80 for 3,00,000-3,10,000 with the Power stuff i.e. Keyless entry, power windows, power mirrors, power steering. That would give the car that edge that it needs ... for that price you get the 'bling bling' that would seriously make Mehran and Cuore a run for their money! Oh and is it me or is the rear shelf missing ???

Excellent idea with that Power Package thingy.

Im not against the car ... I just want it to be that damn good that people wont compare it with Mehran or Cuore... they would be certain its a different league!

Given the power package stuff etc ... the Revo may get in my garage next year. If I buy new only though ...

I still havent had a ride in the car so cant say how the leaf spring setup does for the ride ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We are expecting a Mercedez from Adam Motors, and are not even willing to spend 2.7 lakh, when it comes to Pakistan made cars.

Revo is PERFECT for its price range. CAN NOT GET ANY BETTER WITH THIS PRICE RANGE. It already beats Mehran, its only COMPETITOR in 800cc range.

We are hoping for a miracle. Miracles my fellow pakwheeler do not happen in such a small price range. Chery QQ has got all the toys you have listed, powerwindows, Power side mirrors, power steering, and they are asking almost 5 LAKH for it.

So, We can ask the whole mountain full of luxuries out of Adam Motors, but we should also be willing to spend a whole mountain for cash, atleast 5 Lakh for all those goodies, as all the other car assemblers are cashing out on, like Santro, Alto, etc. even without the power options.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahsan1702

Well if you want to get those tech and features you want to see in Pakistani car, then promote it today no matter how bad it is. Sacrifice today and tomorrow you will find Pakistani cars competing with Germans.

What you think those Japanese, Koreans, German etc got this high reputation in car manufecturing automatically?

I’m afraid if we don’t promote this car now, then Adam motors will become a history.
    REVO 80+ // Hobbyist photographer // www.farrukhpitafi.com // www.farrukhpitafi.deviantart.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly my point zakwild bhai.

None of the big automakers like GM or Ford or even Toyota were making Luxury Top of the line cars, when the first started making cars. Look at TATA, they were making 50 years old Buses and Truck uptil 1990. Then, everything changed, with foreign assistance, TATA made India's first MODERN looking car TATA Indica, not too long ago, in 1998. Now Tata is making SUVs, Modern Looking Cars, Station wagons, Sedans, everything. Why, because of Support of Indians. Their Indica was not too different than our Revo, with all basic things, but Indians ordered over 300,000 of those in its first year of Launch.

What are we the Pakistanis doing with our first car. Just Criticising it, day in and day out. If we are not interested in buying it, then we should also not pass negative comments about it. Simple as that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assallaam-Alaikum

Guess who's back!!!!!

Yaar I looovvvveeee allllll you guys, you've really made this post rock!!!!

REVO ROCKS !!!!!

Yeeeee-Hah

omigosh!!!!!!!!! 1217 replies

Mashallah.
    KNOW THYSELF!---When it is dark enough, you can see the stars---Is it us who live in fantasy, or is it reality, which is unreal.---The thoughts you have,is the stuff you are--Billy was a thirsty boy but now he is no more, cause' what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah datzbueir,

Its funny when Revo was just announced and not even came out of factory and our people started criticizing it.

Pakistan is great country with great potential and resources. but its nation is not supporting.
    REVO 80+ // Hobbyist photographer // www.farrukhpitafi.com // www.farrukhpitafi.deviantart.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that is what i have been tring to tell our fellow. REVO is best in its price. Let the company grow InshaAllah we will see many more cars with all the gadgets you need.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List