Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBull_ar View Post
    alonso == shumacher

both effing Brazilians
    hahah very true
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feel sorry for Massa...i think all the talks done on radio made the situation even worst......

but still alonso was quicker and could have gain the position but chance of hitting each other was there as red bull guys did in a race this season

@Vettle
    to me this guys will be a big challange to ferrari guys in coming races....though always ferrari perform batter in last races but vettle is a pure aggresive driver...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UncleKracker View Post
    Ferrari given a hundred thousand dollar fine and asked to appear before WMSC for bringing the sport into disrepute. This is from a tweet, not confirmed yet.

If ever more proof was needed-that Ferrari need a change of personal on the pit wall then this was the race. Stefano Domenicalli should have made that call himself, and to allow Massa's engineer to make those stupid comments on air further underlines the need for a change.

@Blackeye117

I changed that into posting those news bits. Had not seen the news posted by Steve already.

@genius83

I only heard Martin Brundle talking about it during the grid walk. I had not checked the autosport page or here. Seems both are being looked at, though for some reason Brundle spent some air time talking about the Red Bull front wing only.

Edit: confirmed.

Ferrari fined, referred to WMSC<!-- end title -->

The FIA has announced that its World Motor Sport Council is to consider whether Ferrari should face further sanctions for the team orders controversy at the German Grand Prix, after the team was fined $100,000 for its actions. Fernando Alonso was handed victory at Hockenheim after his Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa sacrificed the lead on lap 48 - soon after the team had told the Brazilian that he was slower than the car behind him.
    teams should be allowed to do this....team should focus on the player who can win the championship and give advantage to him

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I believe Webber should learn from Massa how to deal with media and keeping emotions to oneself in such situation. Massa is a great team player!!!!
    "Value has a value, only if its value is valued"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saadtn1
    indeed massa has shown great maturity in the press conference..

...i think all the talks done on radio made the situation even worst......
    very true,.. i mean why the hell Rob had to apologize on the radio so that everyone could listen it...

Ferrari has made fun of itself.. ugly situation..

Ferrari fined, referred to WMSC<!-- end title -->
    ok.. but i hope ferrari isn't stripped off the points.,.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RBR vs Ferrari

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -111431
    courtesy Sladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It would have been nice to see Massa win today. I believe today is exactly a year to the day when he had that horrible accident at Hungaroring.
    really??... then victory would've been so sweeter then...

If ever more proof was needed-that Ferrari need a change of personal on the pit wall then this was the race. Stefano Domenicalli should have made that call himself, and to allow Massa's engineer to make those stupid comments on air further underlines the need for a change.
    i never thought that change was needed.. but yes now i m thinking u were right after all.. and did anyone see Domenicalli chat after the race with BBC guys (david coulthard and martin brundle, i guess).. pathetic...

Poll: How do you feel about Ferrari's team order today?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is the time of repeat telecast?
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is the time of repeat telecast?
    6:30 AM is the pre-race show and race is at 7:30 AM. Info provided by genius83.

i never thought that change was needed.. but yes now i m thinking u were right after all.. and did anyone see Domenicalli chat after the race with BBC guys (david coulthard and martin brundle, i guess).. pathetic...
    I don't have a problem with it as such. Ferrari are the only front running team right now where the difference in points between their two drivers is rather big. It was even before this race. Team orders are banned only in theory. Other teams will go about it in a much better manner, for example, "Felipe, we need to conserve fuel" That would have done the job.

Allowing Rob Smedley to have a proper conversation, commiserate with Massa on air, then tell him at the end he was magnanimous and say, I know you don't know the meaning of that, I will tell you later. That kind of stuff cannot be allowed to happen.

For that reason, either Domenicalli should stand up and be counted or Ferrari better start looking for someone more assertive. The other teams will do pretty much the same thing but in a better way.

The same team employed team orders in `07 ans `08

It's the radio and the way Massa did it-what made it look so bad and anyone under any illusion-including Massa, about who is boss at Ferrari must have received a rude awakening. There was always going to be only one driver at Ferrari, and Massa should know that. He re-signed for the team knowing that.

ok.. but i hope ferrari isn't stripped off the points.,.
    Doubt it very much. Probably a bigger fine and in extreme case, taking their constructor points from this race maybe, though very unlikely. And Jean Todt is going to sit in judgment, lol, how ironic....let's not go there

The feed died so i didn't get to see what they talked about at the end of the race.

LOL @RBR vs Ferrari
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can I Get Those Pictures Of the Wings That Are Being Disscussed / I m Searching but no result for me so far
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->McLaren duo says team must improve<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button say McLaren must improve quickly after being outperformed by Ferrari and Red Bull during the German Grand Prix weekend.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Force India blunder to be investigated<!-- end title -->
    The German Grand Prix stewards will look into Force India's pitstop incident during the Hockenheim race.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Kovalainen reprimanded for clash<!-- end title -->
    Lotus driver Heikki Kovalainen has been given a reprimand following his clash with Pedro de la Rosa during the German GP.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Force India reprimanded for tyre swap<!-- end title -->
    The Force India team was given a reprimand for its pitstop blunder during the German Grand Prix on Sunday.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ferrari won't appeal stewards decision<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari has ruled out appealing against the $100,000 fine that it was handed for imposing illegal team orders at the German Grand Prix, and is confident that the FIA will act in the right way when it comes to look at the events of the day.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ferrari, Red Bull wings get all-clear<!-- end title -->
    The FIA has given the front wing designs of Red Bull Racing and Ferrari the all-clear in post German Grand Prix inspections, following a flexi-parts row in the build-up to the race.

@UK
    Don't you think Rob Smedley made it obvious because he don't like those orders. Also this thing happens because of Flavio Briatore's visit to Ferrari's Maranello factory.

@m_waqas
    WMSC most likely awarded a bigger fine, of over Million $, and in extreme case take Ferrari's Constructor Points from this race. Neither driver has done any thing wrong so they should not be penalised for team's stupidity.

@rozzzzz
    Bro, how can a team decides that which driver is in contention, because at the moment Massa is not out of the title contention mathematically. In previous years 2007 and 2008 when team orders came drivers that follows them were out of title contention.

@All
    Just a bit of reminder of an old phrase
    "Where there is Alonso, There is trouble."
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is hilarious that on the very same day we have 2 controversial races first in F1 then in IRL. Read the news piece below, IRL handed over 40 secs to Penske driver Helio Castroneves for illegally blocking his teammate, Will Power, handing the victory to Ganassi's Scott Dixon. The best part is they have did it on the very spot just before the Chequered Flag.

Dixon awarded controversial win<!-- end title -->
    Scott Dixon was awarded victory at Edmonton after Helio Castroneves had the win taken away, having been adjudged to have blocked his team-mate Will Power.

Okay, other then the Ferrari controversy I was mad at how the German GP's broadcasting director has handled the best overtaking move of this race, Pedro de la Rosa was closing on Hulkenberg before the hairpin, and just when he was about to make the move camera was switched to Hulkenberg's suspension cam, and we can't see the move in live. Although they have shown the replay but it was not the same as to saw it in live.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The feed died so i didn't get to see what they talked about at the end of the race.
    to UK and all.. whoever is interested..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay, other then the Ferrari controversy I was mad at how the German GP's broadcasting director has handled the best overtaking move of this race, Pedro de la Rosa was closing on Hulkenberg before the hairpin, and just when he was about to make the move camera was switched to Hulkenberg's suspension cam, and we can't see the move in live. Although they have shown the replay but it was not the same as to saw it in live.
    lolz... u r forgetting that Hulk is a german..

Just a bit of reminder of an old phrase
    "Where there is Alonso, There is trouble."
    lolz but -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon8 ..

@UK..
    absolutly... why make it so dramatic..
    u r right about what the msg should've been.. even just "Alonos is faster than u" was enough... anything more than that is stupidity... it was not like Rob was acting in true sense of team-spirit, and his attitude sort of encouraged massa to do that thing so conspicuously.. one can understand their feelings but infront of everyone those were not the best things to say...

and financial penalty is not a problem... even for that matter, constructors points to an extent are not important.. i guess same thing happened to Mclaren in some previous year when their contructors points were nullified... but its surely a bad publicity for Ferrari.. having 0 points in constructors championship..

Lolz... force india high on Eddie's stuff ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Disappointed race. I do not envy the audience at tirbunah.
    www.f1db.ru - my Formula 1 web site

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

real winner is MASSA, ALONSO was gifted podium, he dont deserves to win this race. and the phrase is correct absolutely.im disappoint....i was very excited when alonso attacking massa and putting pressure on him but suddenly........all the race was spoiled by alonso. he should fight till the end of the race like a worthy competitor...but thts not happen. anyways good luck for him and MASSA should strike at Hangaroring...and dont forget my man hamilton.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    I am not forgetting about Hulk being German but rather disappointed that they have not seen it coming, Pedro was on the SuperSoft Tyres and was faster then Hulkenberg, if they don't want to show that move they should not have showed it at all. Just like at the end Vettel was closer to Massa but they have not shown him but rather shown Alonso winning because it was more important.

May be that phrase is harsh but its true, just see the last 5 years of Alonso's racing. In 2006 Renault was hit by a serious infraction of technical rule(Mass Damper System), In 2007 McLaren was hit by Hugaroring incident and then the Spy-Gate Saga, In 2009 Renault was hit a 2-race ban for Crash-Gate Scandal which happens in 2008 Singapore GP, and Now this Team Orders issue which will lead Ferrari to WMSC hearing, a possible heavy fine and severe penalty of no-WCC points for this race and extreme situation of WCC disqualification.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

May be that phrase is harsh but its true, just see the last 5 years of Alonso's racing. In 2006 Renault was hit by a serious infraction of technical rule(Mass Damper System), In 2007 McLaren was hit by Hugaroring incident and then the Spy-Gate Saga, In 2009 Renault was hit a 2-race ban for Crash-Gate Scandal which happens in 2008 Singapore GP, and Now this Team Orders issue which will lead Ferrari to WMSC hearing, a possible heavy fine and severe penalty of no-WCC points for this race and extreme situation of WCC disqualification. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    i m not contesting that phrase.. i was just heart-broken to read that..

...and dont forget my man hamilton.
    lolz.. of course...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some interesting Q&As from post race conference.

full text can be read at : Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website

Q: Then Fernando got past you. Was that your decision to let him past?
    FM: Yeah, definitely.

Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Fernando and Felipe, via a coded message it appears that we've just witnessed a clear case of team orders being handed out. To Fernando, do you feel embarrassed about taking such a win, and to Felipe do you feel angry about having to give up such a win?
    FM: For sure, you always want to win. That's always what we're working for. For sure we don't have team orders, so we just need to do the race that we can and if you see that you cannot do the race that you can, you need to think about the team. I think that's the most important thing.
    FA: Yeah, same. What's important is the team result, so I'm happy.

Q: (Fredrik Af Petersens) Felipe, you said earlier that you lost out to Fernando on the hard tyres. How come that after you were passed, that you were doing more or less exactly the same lap times, a couple of times even faster?
    FM: I was pushing hard as well but maybe I think he slowed down, I don't know. He was controlling the pace.

Q: (Alan Baldwin - Reuters) Felipe, after this afternoon, do you now think you're the number two driver at Ferrari?
    FM: Well, I cannot say that I'm there fighting for first position in the championship. I've lost many points, important points, and the only thing I can say is that I know what I can do, I can win races, that's what counts and everybody saw today that I can win races and I can be competitive. For sure, what happened today is something that has happened in many races this year: when I put on the hard tyres I struggle. This is exactly what happened in the race. On the soft tyres, I was very strong and then when we went onto the hard, I was struggling again, so there's no news about that. So I know why sometimes I'm a little bit penalised, it's just because of the very hard tyres that we have this year. I don't think it's a good thing, to be honest, because you don't have strategies any more. Then also the grip level on hard tyres for me was always a little bit of an issue this year, and most of the races that we used these tyres I was struggling. And this is another one where I was very good on the soft tyres in the first part of the race, and then we put on the hard tyres and I was struggling again. It's a similar issue that we have had in some races.

Q: (Livio Oricchio - O Estado de Sao Paulo) Alonso, in a normal race, do you think you could have overtaken Massa, and Massa, in a normal race do you think Alonso could overtake you?
    FM: Well, I think I was holding in a good way anyway, but the race is long and you always have many laps, so you never know what can happen in 20 laps. So maybe yes.
    FA: Yeah, I think there was one moment also on (I don't know) which lap it was but we were side-by-side into turn six, especially with the people we were lapping - always there is a better chance to overtake and even though we didn't see too many overtakings here today we've seen a lot in the past on this circuit but this year maybe with the new cars etc we didn't see too many.

Q: (Ian Gordon - News of the World) Eddie Jordan just said that you two should be kicked out of the race.
    FA:
    Again, if this is the final thought of the weekend for you, I think it is because you didn't see the performance of the team and the performance from our car this weekend.

Q: (Byron Young - The Daily Mirror) The reality is, though, that you couldn't beat him on the track, so you had to get the team to do it for you.
    FA:
    If that's your opinion.

Q: (Byron Young - The Daily Mirror) I'm asking you, is that not your opinion?
    FA:
    No.

Q: (Byron Young - The Daily Mirror) He had to give you this win, didn't he, Fernando?
    FA:
    No.

Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Fernando, you've said that you're happy with this win but to be honest, I've never seen a driver look less happy in the middle of a podium there today, and in the middle of this press conference here. Why can't you just be honest with us for once, and just admit that this win was handed to you on a plate today?
    SV:
    Can I go?

Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Go Sebastian! Sebastian, give us your thoughts?
    FA:
    Hopefully the next question is for Sebastian. No, stay, stay. As I said, I think we were competitive on Friday, I was very competitive on Friday, first position. Finishing second in qualifying by 12 centimeters, I heard yesterday and today I think we scored the fastest lap of the race, so overall I don't think I was very slow this weekend.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    some interesting Q&As from post race conference.

full text can be read at : Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website

Q: Then Fernando got past you. Was that your decision to let him past?
    FM: Yeah, definitely.

Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Fernando and Felipe, via a coded message it appears that we've just witnessed a clear case of team orders being handed out. To Fernando, do you feel embarrassed about taking such a win, and to Felipe do you feel angry about having to give up such a win?
    FM: For sure, you always want to win. That's always what we're working for. For sure we don't have team orders, so we just need to do the race that we can and if you see that you cannot do the race that you can, you need to think about the team. I think that's the most important thing.
    FA: Yeah, same. What's important is the team result, so I'm happy.

Q: (Fredrik Af Petersens) Felipe, you said earlier that you lost out to Fernando on the hard tyres. How come that after you were passed, that you were doing more or less exactly the same lap times, a couple of times even faster?
    FM: I was pushing hard as well but maybe I think he slowed down, I don't know. He was controlling the pace.

Q: (Alan Baldwin - Reuters) Felipe, after this afternoon, do you now think you're the number two driver at Ferrari?
    FM: Well, I cannot say that I'm there fighting for first position in the championship. I've lost many points, important points, and the only thing I can say is that I know what I can do, I can win races, that's what counts and everybody saw today that I can win races and I can be competitive. For sure, what happened today is something that has happened in many races this year: when I put on the hard tyres I struggle. This is exactly what happened in the race. On the soft tyres, I was very strong and then when we went onto the hard, I was struggling again, so there's no news about that. So I know why sometimes I'm a little bit penalised, it's just because of the very hard tyres that we have this year. I don't think it's a good thing, to be honest, because you don't have strategies any more. Then also the grip level on hard tyres for me was always a little bit of an issue this year, and most of the races that we used these tyres I was struggling. And this is another one where I was very good on the soft tyres in the first part of the race, and then we put on the hard tyres and I was struggling again. It's a similar issue that we have had in some races.

Q: (Livio Oricchio - O Estado de Sao Paulo) Alonso, in a normal race, do you think you could have overtaken Massa, and Massa, in a normal race do you think Alonso could overtake you?
    FM: Well, I think I was holding in a good way anyway, but the race is long and you always have many laps, so you never know what can happen in 20 laps. So maybe yes.
    FA: Yeah, I think there was one moment also on (I don't know) which lap it was but we were side-by-side into turn six, especially with the people we were lapping - always there is a better chance to overtake and even though we didn't see too many overtakings here today we've seen a lot in the past on this circuit but this year maybe with the new cars etc we didn't see too many.

Q: (Ian Gordon - News of the World) Eddie Jordan just said that you two should be kicked out of the race.
    FA:
    Again, if this is the final thought of the weekend for you, I think it is because you didn't see the performance of the team and the performance from our car this weekend.

Q: (Byron Young - The Daily Mirror) The reality is, though, that you couldn't beat him on the track, so you had to get the team to do it for you.
    FA:
    If that's your opinion.

Q: (Byron Young - The Daily Mirror) I'm asking you, is that not your opinion?
    FA:
    No.

Q: (Byron Young - The Daily Mirror) He had to give you this win, didn't he, Fernando?
    FA:
    No.

Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Fernando, you've said that you're happy with this win but to be honest, I've never seen a driver look less happy in the middle of a podium there today, and in the middle of this press conference here. Why can't you just be honest with us for once, and just admit that this win was handed to you on a plate today?
    SV:
    Can I go?

Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Go Sebastian! Sebastian, give us your thoughts?
    FA:
    Hopefully the next question is for Sebastian. No, stay, stay. As I said, I think we were competitive on Friday, I was very competitive on Friday, first position. Finishing second in qualifying by 12 centimeters, I heard yesterday and today I think we scored the fastest lap of the race, so overall I don't think I was very slow this weekend.
    Wahooaa!!! They (Media persons) sound like Geo and Express news reporters
    "Value has a value, only if its value is valued"

Closed Thread

User Tag List