Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If anyone wants to download the race here is the torrent link.
    German GP Torrent
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here is another one.. from the guy who 'lets his drivers race' albiet with different packages ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -111627
    ^courtesy Sladex

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -111628
    ^courtesy Sladex

Look at the Massa's faical expression... is he crying?..

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -111629
    ^courtesy Sladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari should b penalised for this race and heavy penalty too. i want to see massa to win this race, look his expression after the race he was so disappointed and p*****. i really feel sorry for massa he deserves to win this race.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank God That Ferrari Kick In MCLAREN's *** Badly ...Sorry For Hamilton Couldnt catch a ferrari .... Better luck next time Hamilton

@All ..This weeks top gear is a must watch ...Specially Steve for you .... i recoomend to watch it in hd lemme post a torrent for you here ...

Top Gear Ep 5
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A rule is a rule and it's meant to be followed at all times. One cannot argue-that running a red light at 3 am on a deserted road is okay just because there is no traffic. So to argue that team orders are okay at one stage but not okay after the half point of the season is plain silly. Team orders have only been banned in theory. What happened in Canada `08 between the two BMW drivers? What happened between the two Mclaren drivers at the German GP in `08? Neither of those two were last races or close to last races. What happened in Brazil `07, and China `08, between the two Ferrari drivers?

As for Massa, sorry, this silly argument that he some how can win this year is absurd. What, he needs two retirements each from both Mclaren drivers, two retirements each from Red Bull drivers and at least two retirements from his team mate, and he needs to win all those grand prix, in order to be a championship contender, not win the championship but to become a championship contender. If anyone thinks that's possible in 8 races, then good for them and even better for a friend of mine, who is a shrink because he will get a lot of business from these guys, having their heads examined.

It was absolutely the right call, no doubt about it. What was wrong is the way Ferrari went about it. It was handled badly and they need to have a good look at how they are going racing. Situations like this are discussed even before the race. Nothing changed during the race, i.e Massa suddenly didn't get 30 extra points for leading the race. It's something that should have been talked about before the start. Ferrari has one driver who is capable of winning this year, at least so far that's how it looks. They are right in backing him just like they made Raikkonen back the same Massa in `08.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Schumi: Ferrari's actions totally right
    Michael Schumacher says he totally understands why Felipe Massa let his Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso past to win the German Grand Prix - and thinks it was the right outcome.

@All ..This weeks top gear is a must watch ...Specially Steve for you .... i recoomend to watch it in hd lemme post a torrent for you here ...

Top Gear Ep 5
    thanks... i 've watched three episodes so far...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Turkey 2010 = team orders
    Silverstone 2010 = team orders
    Germany 2010 = team orders

the only difference is Ferrari is much more honest about them
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well to be honest, everyone knows that was the right thing to do from ferrari's point of view.. we all know team has to back and support one driver at one point or another to remain in title contention... its not like Massa and Alonso are neck-to-neck in terms of points and has 'equal' chance of winning the championship... massa has squandered his chances of winning title this year by not performing at the start of the season.. so now as it stands there's a considerable difference between him and his team mate (unlike other top runners)...

the thing killing ferrari here is how they went about it (radio communication was the stupidest thing)...

Turkey 2010 = team orders
    Silverstone 2010 = team orders
    Germany 2010 = team orders
    pardon my ignorance but Silverstone 2010 team orders?? ... my memory sucks ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Don't you think Rob Smedley made it obvious because he don't like those orders. Also this thing happens because of Flavio Briatore's visit to Ferrari's Maranello factory.
    LOL! That could very well be the case, my friend Having said that, had some one like Flavio, Dennis or Todt been running the team, a man like Smedley would be working at the factory from now on. I won't be surprised if that happens later this year or if there are some changes in the people who are on the pit wall.

I don't want to open a can of worms but one thing you should research, the mass damper issue. Don't put that or for that matter 2007 in Alonso's bag. You need to look at the back ground of both incidents.

@m_waqas
    absolutly... why make it so dramatic..
    If Smedley has loyalty to one driver or a personal agenda or is a man of such high morals as suggested by Steve, then he needs to look for a different job, and he well might find himself doing that. After being a drama queen, he has landed his team in a lot of trouble and a PR disaster. He is looking after a second tier driver, who will have an occasional good race, nothing more. When his guy was fighting for the title, he had no problems with team orders and what not. In some parallel universe, Massa is fighting for this year's world title.

Since you had asked for any upgrades that Ferrari might have brought to the last race. Here is a link Gives you details of what each team brought.

It's pretty rich coming from Horner about racing and team orders. EJ was being an ******* even during the race, then again he pretty much always has been one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ lolz.. ya right.. EJ could 've killed alonso if he was in range ...

here is one from him ...

Jordan wants team orders rule ditched after Ferrari row
    Former team owner Eddie Jordan says the rule banning teams from giving orders to their drivers that affect the outcome of a race should be dropped.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lolz.. ya right.. EJ could 've killed alonso if he was in range ...
    EJ should have been reminded of Spa `98, when his two cars were running 1-2, and the instructions he issued at the time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Whitmarsh to hold private Ferrari talks<!-- end title -->
    McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh plans to hold private talks with Ferrari to let them know his views on the team orders controversy that rocked the German Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Fry: Team orders damaging to F1<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 teams should put the good of the sport above their own personal ambitions, and realise how damaging the use of 'team orders' can be to the image of grand prix racing.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->McLaren looking to copy rival front wing<!-- end title -->
    McLaren has vowed to get to the bottom of exactly what Ferrari and Red Bull Racing are doing with their front wings, after the FIA gave the designs the all-clear after the German Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Renault hails Petrov's performance<!-- end title -->
    Renault team boss Eric Boullier has praised Vitaly Petrov's improved performance at the German Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Horner laments 'manipulated' race<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull team principal Christian Horner says it is a "great shame" that Formula 1 fans were offered a "manipulated" race in Germany.

@UK
    Eddie Jordan was reminded about the Spa 98' and he has revealed a shocking truth that Damon has told him to ask Ralf to back off or neither of the Jordan cars would see the finish line.

Bro, there is a fine line between absurdness and well thoughtout planning of team orders. What happens in Ferrari duirng 2007 and 2008 were the case of well thoughout planning, where the team has worked out the plan before the race, what happens here is the same as Austria 2002 which was cause of banning team orders. In both those cases 2007 and 2008, Felipe and Kimi both were out of the title contention respectively, here Felipe is not when the call was made.

I think you have misunderstood my description of that phrase, I was not accusing Alonso for creating controversy but rather saying that in last 5 years he has caught many times in a middle of controversy. I know the mass damper issue, a legal part was declared illegal because it could provide some illegal assistance. Just like this weekend's flexi wing issue Ferrari and Renault both have been suspected for gaining unfair advantage from the Mass Damper, McLaren have filed against both teams and after a complete study by FIA Renault's MD was declared illegal while Ferrari's remain legal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Paula ,,,, skip the fourth episode and watch fifth one .... the documentry about Ayrton Senna is just Great and so emotional and heart touching that i've watched it 2 3 times in a day .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Eddie Jordan was reminded about the Spa 98' and he has revealed a shocking truth that Damon has told him to ask Ralf to back off or neither of the Jordan cars would see the finish line.
    And he, Eddie Jordan gave into a threat by Damon Hill of all people? Damon, an absolute gentleman made that threat

what happens here is the same as Austria 2002 which was cause of banning team orders.
    Bro, since you are good at these things, can you post the stats of 2002 season. Like which race, as in number was it, what was the situation regarding the drivers at that time, what was the lead of a certain driver in points when team orders were implemented, who was that driver's main rival at that time, who went on to win the title that year, how many races did that team win in that season, and most importantly tell us how many races that driver had won in that season before Austria?

It won't look good if i put up that information. This is nothing like Austria, not even remotely close. I agree completely that there are better ways to handle the situation and for that, Stefano has to answer but Austria 2002 and this, no comparison what so ever. But please, do post that info that i requested.

Ferrari and Renault both have been suspected for gaining unfair advantage from the Mass Damper, McLaren have filed against both teams and after a complete study by FIA Renault's MD was declared illegal while Ferrari's remain legal.
    How odd, don't you think so? Firstly, given that it had been used for quite some time and it suddenly became illegal and that too at a very crucial time in the championship and in a very crucial year But let's not go there.

In both those cases 2007 and 2008, Felipe and Kimi both were out of the title contention respectively, here Felipe is not when the call was made.
    What does rule 39.1 say, bro? Does it say that team orders are banned or does it say team orders are allowed if one driver does not have a mathematical chance of winning? Does the rule make a distinction?

Mathematically, HRT, Virgin, and Lotus drivers are championship contenders too because with 200 points still to play for, Chandhok can win the title.

Different race scenarios should have been discussed in the debrief after qualifying especially given that Alonso was on the dirty side and Massa by virtue of sucking to the tune of half a second was on the cleaner side and thus likely to get ahead of his team mate. It's not rocket science to realize who the championship contender is in that team.

Horner, Mclaren and EJ giving their opinion on the situation. Well, it's rather rich coming from Horner in particular given the recent past. As for Mclarren....

What is happening here

That's Hamilton being let by Heikki, ironically the same track in 2008, and that was was third or fourth place.

And what is happening here

Ooops! That looks like Heidfeld letting Kubica through. It was going to be a BMW 1-2 anyway.

No one was so bothered about either of those incidents. Let me say it again, I am against team orders and i didn't like how things were done but any team that says they done use team orders and then actually grab a microphone and give their opinion about it, people like Horner and Whitmarsh are hypocrites.

Yes, it was made to look worse by Smedley and Massa. Smedley will pay for it sooner or later.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I love Being Here you guyzz Arguing with each other and me just reading everything Come On Guyss Reply to Each Other Quickly So i Can Read Alot and have fun reading everything

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Montezemolo: No interest in polemics<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has told Formula 1 fans that he has 'no interest' in the furore that has been caused by his outfit using team orders to help Fernando Alonso win the German Grand Prix.

@UK
    Eddie agreed because first win for his team was insight and it would not look good if neither of the drivers could make the finish line.

Bro, since you are good at these things, can you post the stats of 2002 season. Like which race, as in number was it, what was the situation regarding the drivers at that time, what was the lead of a certain driver in points when team orders were implemented, who was that driver's main rival at that time, who went on to win the title that year, how many races did that team win in that season, and most importantly tell us how many races that driver had won in that season before Austria?

It won't look good if i put up that information. This is nothing like Austria, not even remotely close. I agree completely that there are better ways to handle the situation and for that, Stefano has to answer but Austria 2002 and this, no comparison what so ever. But please, do post that info that i requested.
    Thats the very reason why Team orders were banned because Ferrari have used it blatantly for an unneeded victory, It is hilarious to know that 2002 was always referred but this is the first time I am hearing about Spa 98' so how about Sepang 99', Melbourne 98', the real thing is before Austria 2002 Team orders were allowed after that they were banned. It is that simple.

Also you are forgetting, France 08' where Kimi has to back off because of exhaust trouble to give Massa the lead, but just like Brazil 07' and China 08' it is a decision which was made after carefull thinking. In Brazil 07' Ferrari have cleverly delayed Massa in the pits, and in China 08' we have made fun of Massa that he was slow and Kimi have to literally stop on the back straight to give Massa the lead.

Mathematically, speaking if the points available for any driver is more then the difference between that driver and championship leader at that time, he has the chance to go for the title but if it is vice versa then he is out of the title race.

Probability wise, HRT, Lotus and Virgin have scored 0 in 11 races so the chances of them scoring any in the remaining races are 0 too. So if any one is considering them to win the title is living in another world.

Here are the stats you were looking, Michal has won 4 races and 1 3rd place finish before Austria 2002, and has 44 points with 12 races to go including Austria. This blatant use of team orders in Austria forced FIA to ban them altogether.

What really are team orders can you please explain, does only orders that came asking to give way to your teammate are team orders? OR Any orders team give are team orders, like to tell drivers to hold station and don't crash into each other, does it means they are allowed to crash into other drivers but they are prohibited from racing eachother. Telling to switch fuel settings are also team orders and they could use to manipulate the outcome of the race, does FIA could ban them, because if they do what are the chances that teams were providing correct info to the drivers and without that info they could run out of fuel before the race.

As for Flavio Briatore's visit I could easily make a more ridiculous assumption that Flavio was their to finalise the deal for Mark Webber in Ferrari for 2011 onwards as Fernando's teammate while RedBull would likely to hire Massa alongside Rob Smedley for 2011. Remember Flavio is still Mark's manager.

It is also funny that you guys were happy that Mark has shown what kind of situation he is facing at RedBull but not liking the fact that Massa and Rob Smedley has shown what situation they are facing in Ferrari. Why double standard????

The rule 39.1 clearly prohibit use of team orders and there is no distinction at all when to use or when not to use. But in F1 teams are used to go around the rules with clever thinking, Ferrari should have did that in the only pitstop or even should have called Massa for a second pitstop, and even if they want to go with a blatant order it should be give by Stefano Domenicialli and not by Rob Smedley.

I want to know one thing do you think in any of the future races Alonso would give the lead back to Massa if ever the situation comes, Michal have did that in US GP in 2002. Remember the nature of this year's championship is quite topsy turvy.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

ok eddie.. let both of them fight.. in the meanwhile here's something for u.. it will help u understand Kimi's 'moods' better...

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -112154

how's that ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -112157

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -112158
    courtesy Sladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What the FIA should do about team orders in Formula 1
    ^ superb article... realistic point of view..

some excerpts from the article..

"A day on from the furore over the Ferrari team orders row in the German Grand Prix, it seems to me that there has been a bit of an overreaction, with some sections of the media calling them ‘cheats’ and others calling for them to be banned by the disciplinary arm of the World Motor Sport council.

This is nonsense. Yes, it is a serious situation because they violated a rule which says that team orders are banned. And we should be in no doubt, despite the denials of Alonso that team orders were invoked here. But you have to look at the wider picture and acknowledge that it is a question of degree and that some common sense needs to be applied when sorting this matter out.

This situation is different on many counts. leaving aside the rule specifically banning team orders for a second, the championship is well advanced and it is closely fought. Ferrari feel aggrieved that they are at least 30 points worse off with Alonso than they should have been, largely due to some stewards decisions which have gone against them, rightly or wrongly. Massa too has lost points, but hasn’t been on the kind of form Alonso’s been on, so the Spaniard is clearly the one to go for the title, if Ferrari can only get him in the game.

A big part of the problem here is the way it was handled, with Rob Smedley being given the task of giving his driver the bad news. It should have been Stefano Domenicali, the team boss, or Chris Dyer, the senior engineer. Smedley’s close relationship with Massa meant that he would inevitably struggle to deliver the message impartially and when he felt obliged afterwards to apologise – “Good lad, keep it going, sorry” – it sealed the conviction in our minds that this was a team order.

Think back to 2007, when Massa moved over in Brazil to let Raikkonen win the championship or the following year when the roles were reversed – did anyone object then? No, so that means that fans can understand there are occasions when teams do need some mechanism for shuffling the order, it’s just a question of the circumstances.

But to reinforce the rule that team orders are banned full stop, would be a terrible mistake. It would create yet another artificiality, which would be more damaging to the sport in the long run."

Closed Thread

User Tag List