Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -1019188

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -1019189
    courtesy Sladex
    Too much sleep ... eh????
    Btw I feel sorry for the Chap. in first part of season he lost 100% winnable races due to RBR reliability issues. In 2nd Part he was abused by media and fans all around the world for letting Webber down... and now saftey cars are owning him!!!
    "Value has a value, only if its value is valued"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    For your efforts you have earned a date with Almas Bobby, just tell me when and where you want to meet "it". Okay just a consolation prize for your efforts.
    Paula Prize

@alliereyaz
    I am pretty sure the glass was made of plastic.

Okay seriously, Hamilton's retirement was because of gearbox failure or drive shaft failure and not an engine blow.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alliereyaz
    I am pretty sure the glass was made of plastic.

hahahahaha....no its made of glass ....

Okay seriously, Hamilton's retirement was because of gearbox failure or drive shaft failure and not an engine blow.

tht means 5 place grid penalty for hamilton at SPA?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Poll

I am not sure if polls are allowed on Pakwheels. If not, apologies in advance. Genius83 had asked a questioner before the start of the season, which very few answered.

As we head into the long summer break, with the championship tantalizingly poised, I thought it was as good a time as any to ask the question. You can vote and say who you voted for, and give your reasons why you think that particular driver will win, and by that i mean logical reasons to back your argument, or keep it a secret

The poll will close on the 20th of August. So, here is the question.

<noscript> Who will be 2010, Formula 1 driver's world champion?online surveys </noscript><script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://static.polldaddy.com/p/3561300.js"></script><noscript>Who will be 2010, Formula 1 driver's world champion?online surveys </noscript>
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alliereyaz
    So you mean the wall was made of foam, Right??? because I have not heard a crashing sound of krrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaccccccccckkkkk. If not Hamilton is guilty of an innocent glass murder and that is not a good news for him and for you too.

It depends what race Hamilton was running with that gearbox, if it was the last race of that gearbox life cycle of 4 continuous races then no penalty but if it was second or third on that gearbox then certainly a penalty is awarded in Spa.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Webber: Title battle still wide open<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber says there is still everything to play for in this year's championship following his Hungarian Grand Prix win.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Front tyres design hurting Schumacher<!-- end title -->
    The peculiar design of this year's front tyres are the main reason why Michael Schumacher has struggled in his return to Formula 1.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Mercedes to look into pitstop issue<!-- end title -->
    Mercedes GP boss Ross Brawn says his team will look into the pitstop problem that occurred during the Hungarian GP to make sure it does not happen again.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Red Bull urges Vettel to keep head up<!-- end title -->
    Sebastian Vettel has been urged not to get disheartened by his continued frustrations in Formula 1, after a mistake behind the safety car in Hungary cost him victory and the chance to lead the world championship.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Schumacher apologises to Barrichello<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher has apologised to Rubens Barrichello for his driving during the Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Domenicali says anything can happen<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali believes anything is possible in this year's championship battle, despite the performance advantage of Red Bull Racing.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->FIA sets date for team orders hearing<!-- end title -->
    The FIA has set the date for the disciplinary hearing of the World Motor Sport Council to judge Ferrari's actions during the German Grand Prix.

@UK
    Its a Disclaimer: I have accidentally voted for Alonso, although I want to vote for Vettel so if Alonso can't win this year's championship please don't blame me.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

8. 03-08-2010, 12:33 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    dupli

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Spreading your jinx again, i see Guess I should vote for Vettel in that case.

And what are you doing giving him " treats " He deserves only Almas Bobby or if you really feel bad for him, then give him pics of his Karun. He has missed race after race despite repeated warnings.

Even torrent links should be banned for him

On a different note. I had a different view yesterday, but having watched this, I think a 10 place penalty is nothing. The punishment should have been harsh. A possible one race ban would have worked good in many ways. For starters, getting Heidfeld in the car for one race would have been interesting, rusty as he might have been.

This is too close and too dangerous.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -1019208

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are allowed one blocking move and you can move 1cm or 1 kilometer in one direction. As the blocking move is being executed, the onus of overtaking is on the driver behind and the driver in front is allowed to complete the blocking manouver. This if F1 FFS and not a game of Ludo. Overtaking anywhere at anytrack is dangerous. Here Rubens could have braked or moved to the left but he didnt.

Anyways Scuhmi got a penaly. Fair or not, its over. Schumi didn't got hurt and neither did Rubens. Get over it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It Looks Like Its Time For Micheal To Be In HeadLines .. Alonso , Massa ,Vettel And Webber can Get Some Good Sleeps ..... (I Know Alonso Is Not Even Botherd On Screen About What Happend At Germany Gp )
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -116390

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -116391

another one from vettel..
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -116392

menacing clouds..
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -116393

beauty queen,...
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -116394
    courtesy Sladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani..
    bro, as u said, its been done but here is one for u...

Schumacher says the hardest word
    Michael Schumacher has apologised to Rubens Barrichello for trying to put him in the wall in the closing stages of yesterday’s Hungarian Grand Prix.

excerpts:
    “Yesterday right after the race I was still in the heat of the action, but after I watched the scene again with Rubens, I must say that the Stewards are right with their assessment: the manoeuver against him was too harsh. I wanted to make myself of course difficult to overtake. I wanted to make it hard for him to pass me. I clearly showed him that I didn’t want to let him pass. I wasn’t trying to endanger him with my move. If he had this feeling, then sorry, that was not my intention. ”

i believe the move was dangerous.. but barr is being too sensitive about it.. 'Nearly Killed'.. lolz.. get a life barr... nothing happened to u.. not even a scratch.. u 've made your point, schumi got penalty.. what else do u want?.. do u want all his wdc titles transferred into your name ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poll..

i'd say its gonna be Hamilton.. button no chance... webber and vettel will keep taking points off each other.. that leaves alonso.. but i'd not like to put his name in favorites. (for some 'secret' reasons) ...

i know, its gonna be tough for hamilton and mclaren due to their current development problems.. but i 've a hunch that they'll be back and once they do, hamilton will be their favored driver.. all efforts will be focused on him... so lets see..

current form of RBR is very threatning.. any slip-up by ferrari/alonso can give them huge advantage and that too in closing stages which means less time for recovery... if both drivers of RBR keep on finishing on podiums then inevitable may happen ... i'd rather its webber than vettel..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    For your efforts you have earned a date with Almas Bobby, just tell me when and where you want to meet "it". Okay just a consolation prize for your efforts.
    Paula Prize
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon8 (thats for almas boby) ...
    the provided link contains only one pic worth watching .. she's the 'beauty queen' -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14 ...

i hope hamilton gets a penalty ... sorry hulk...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Senna has pushed Prost towards the wall in Estoril 88', here is the video

So whats the difference between this and Michal's move, also last season Webber bumped into Barrichello in Nurburgring and only gets a drive through for that, in Spanish GP last season Webber push Alonso against the wall before Alonso make the pass on the grass at the start/finish straight. I think the punishment that has been awarded is more then enough because if you look at which position he is qualifying in last 2 or 3 races then he will start the Belgian GP from almost back of the grid.

@m_waqas
    You are forgetting that our deal is for Alonso's win and if he even comes second then you have to wait for your treat.

Hamilton and McLaren is now in a sort of trouble they can't make blown diffuser works and because they have give more then enough time for developing that they don't have any other major upgrade at their disposal, next race at Spa they again try that diffuser to work with some more upgrades before deciding to stop developing it or not.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Montezemolo hails Ferrari's fightback<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has praised the progress of the Italian squad to get back into the championship battle.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Mercedes set to switch focus to 2011<!-- end title -->
    Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn says his outfit will switch its focus to the 2011 car following the end of the summer break.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Schumacher was nearly black-flagged<!-- end title -->
    Former F1 driver Derek Warwick says Michael Schumacher came close to being disqualified from the Hungarian Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Alonso says now it's time to deliver<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso says Ferrari has to be the best team in the remaining part of the season if it is to win this year's championship.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Senna has pushed Prost towards the wall in Estoril 88', here is the video
    And, your point being? If Senna has done it, so that makes it right or less dangerous? Or are you suggesting that when it happened 22 years ago, it should happen now too? I am not sure what your point is.

also last season Webber bumped into Barrichello in Nurburgring and only gets a drive through for that,
    So this video of 2009 German GP start and the picture posted above look the same to you? No difference. Am not suggesting for a moment what Webber did was right but they are completely different in nature.

in Spanish GP last season Webber push Alonso against the wall before Alonso make the pass on the grass at the start/finish straight.
    One, there is a small difference between grass and wall. Secondly, i am sure it was dangerous and should have been investigated. The fact that Alonso decided it was worth going on grass and try to pass Webber, who re-passed him right away might have worked in Webber's favour.

I don't think Rubens was looking at being stuffed in the wall. And just because something has happened in the past, does not make it right now. F1 stewards are not known for being right or quick to respond.

Lastly I 'll add that there is a thing called being a " habitual " There is a pattern and since you seem to be hell bent on digging up stuff that people got away with then look up Silverstone GP, 2003 too, and quote that as an example too when a Renualt driver was pushed on the grass at over 180 mph.

Plus a few pages back, were you not saying something along the lines that " you are prepared to go to any lengths for safety " Shouldn't you be up in arms against a move like that on safety grounds?

What is wrong is wrong. Kindly don't justify it by quoting other examples that were disgraceful too, not that many come close to this one.

@m_waqas

Good one mate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    @mani..
    bro, as u said, its been done but here is one for u...

Schumacher says the hardest word
    Michael Schumacher has apologised to Rubens Barrichello for trying to put him in the wall in the closing stages of yesterday’s Hungarian Grand Prix.

excerpts:
    “Yesterday right after the race I was still in the heat of the action, but after I watched the scene again with Rubens, I must say that the Stewards are right with their assessment: the manoeuver against him was too harsh. I wanted to make myself of course difficult to overtake. I wanted to make it hard for him to pass me. I clearly showed him that I didn’t want to let him pass. I wasn’t trying to endanger him with my move. If he had this feeling, then sorry, that was not my intention. ”

i believe the move was dangerous.. but barr is being too sensitive about it.. 'Nearly Killed'.. lolz.. get a life barr... nothing happened to u.. not even a scratch.. u 've made your point, schumi got penalty.. what else do u want?.. do u want all his wdc titles transferred into your name ...
    Plain old school media BS to keep majority of F1 fans happy and not tilt public opinion against him. I wonder why anyone would any buy the apology when nothing wrong was done in the first place.

People talking about pushing/squeezing should first get out of sleep and look at the video. Pushing/Squeezing happens when two cars are side by side and not when one car is behind and is attempting an overtaking maneuver. Schumacher was allowed one blocking move which he did so whats all the fuss about? No one forced RB to stick his *** against the wall. He could have braked, slowed down, or moved to the left but looks like the dead horse just needs some media attention on his dying career.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He Passed Micheal Coz What Happend In 02 I Know I Might Be Wrong But ThaTs How I Am
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Disgraceful, I don't think so and here is the Silvestone 2003 video you requested and in this video I don't think it was any more dangerous then what Trulli did to Kubica 4 years later in Montreal, so if this was wrong then whatever happens 4 years later was also wrong.

So as you want to dig incidents then what punishment Ralf got for his stupid braking attempt on the fast straight in Melbourne 2001 which resulted in Villenueve crashing into the wall and a Marshall got killed by the piece of debris.

How about Spa 2001 incident between Eddie Irvine and Luciano Burti on the Blanchimont corner, who really was at fault. Here is the video as a reminder.

And the biggest of them all last season Barrichello tries the same move against Hamilton in Interlagos as a result got his car puncture and loose the chance for carry the title fight till the last race.

I am not defending Michal's move I am only asking why the precedent examples are not punished, plus even Barrichello makes his pass on the grass just like Alonso did in Spain 2009. I was shocked by Rubens comments that there could be wheels interlocking between them, I like to know how, Michal has not moved over the white line along side the wall and Rubens was outside the white line throughout that time.

Here is how wheels get interlock, On the same day at BrandsHatch in SuperLeague Formula(A series where FootBall Clubs runs Open Wheel Race Cars) a huge accident happens because of wheels interlocking. Here is the video, driver suffers some serious injuries but he is okay.

Yes, I was talking about Safety at the highest level where drivers could come out of the car after a big shunt unhurt. But that was in the light of equipment safety and not drivers going in a queue for 70 laps to categorised as racing. Just tell me is there no difference in a normal road car going over 60mph with full working brakes and another car with faulty brakes over 30mph, who do you think is in more danger of causing a big accident. If your answer is no then we should agree to disagree but if your answer is yes then imagine the car with full working brakes as Michal and Barrichello and the car with faulty brakes is an F1 car with some equipment problems(such as broken wings, unbolted tyres etc).

You are 100% right that justifying any action "habitual" Michal did is wrong but can you please tell me in his first 16 years how many drivers were put in the wall, or barriers. Only one if I remember correctly and that is Heinz Heraltz Frentzen in Canadian GP 97', other then that he has not push any driver in the wall.

I know Michal is a punching bag but I have asked before and I am asking again be carefull when punching this bag because I think you also knows about boomerrang and how it works so what goes around comes around too.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hungarian GP – New tech on the cars

With the Hungarian Grand Prix falling just one week after the German race, there wasn’t much time for the teams to add major updates to the car, however there were some scheduled updates, such as the blown diffuser on the Force India car, which was used only in the practice sessions and some interesting solutions for getting maximum downforce.
    And as the weekend’s action revealed, downforce was everything at the Hungaroring.

Why new FIA flexi test won’t clip Red Bull’s wings

The FIA has responded to lobbying from McLaren and Mercedes in particular and has decided to beef up the tests they carry out on the flexing of front wings.
    On the face of it this will oblige Red Bull and Ferrari to stop their wings from flexing as much as they do now and this will cost them lap time. But let’s look more closely at this and establish how much we think this will slow the cars down relative to the opposition.

Closed Thread

User Tag List