Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sauber to launch car on 31 January<!-- end title -->
    Sauber has become the first Formula 1 team to set its 2010 launch date, having announced that it will reveal its new car at the Valencia circuit on Sunday 31 January.

Boullier eager to boost Renault morale<!-- end title -->
    Renault's new team principal Eric Boullier says his priority is to reinstall the confidence in his staff that was sapped by the turmoil of the past 12 months.

Briatore plans action against Piquets<!-- end title -->
    Flavio Briatore intends to pursue legal action against the Piquet family now that his ban from international motorsport has been overturned by a French court.

Ecclestone: Briatore 'welcome' in F1<!-- end title -->
    Bernie Ecclestone says he would have no problem with Flavio Briatore returning to Formula 1 now that his ban from motorsport has been overturned by a French court.

Brawn: Schumacher has not faded<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher's talent and ability will not have been faded by time, according to Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn.

@UK
    You are right that any civil court will throw out the evidences against Flavio because of far too many reasons so the real question is what will FIA provides in their appeal which could force the court to take back the decision of lifting the ban and restoring Flavio's ban.
    Yes it is quite amazing that all the key players of last season's FIA-FOTA war are out of the F1 in one way or another. Luca left the FOTA chairmanship, Flavio was banned, BMW and Toyota withdrawls from F1, Max retires from FIA presidency, looks like the deal that ends FIA-FOTA war have some clauses which states that all the key players have to gave their positions to some one else. What I don't understand is why is Bernie is still here he was also a key player in that war plus how you look at Bernie's comment regarding Flavio.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am late in the thread this year
    busy with studies
    will come soon
    wish me luck everyone
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mercedes launch date leaked
    Mercedes will launch its 2010 Formula One car on January 25 at its museum in Stuttgart.

@SLR
    Bro, all my best wishes for you to do good in your studies and don't worry your studies are more important then F1.

Now it is time to have some fun again hope you all like it.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -19941 -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -19942 -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -19943 -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -19944 -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -19945 -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -19946
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mosley: Briatore affair far from over<!-- end title -->
    Former FIA president Max Mosley says the 'crashgate' affair is far from over, despite a French court overturning the lifetime ban imposed by the governing body on Flavio Briatore.

Lotus will join second Jerez test<!-- end title -->
    Lotus is scheduled to get its new Formula 1 car out on track for the first time at Jerez in Spain from February 17, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Briatore's lawyer: FIA appeal pointless<!-- end title -->
    Flavio Briatore's lawyer says the FIA has nothing to gain from appealing the verdict of the French court that overturned the Italian's lifetime ban from motorsport.

Double diffusers set for Formula 1 ban<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 teams are closing in on a move to ban double diffusers in a bid to cut downforce and slow the cars down from the start of the 2011 season, AUTOSPORT can reveal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys what r expectation from lotus...dont have much knowledge on their background and now

will they be challenging top teams or looking for a good start
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rozzz
    Lotus is a new team which only carries Lotus name from the past other then that nothing is from the past. How well they will do its all depend on mostly how good the Cosworth engine would be because if Cosworth comes up with an engine like DFV then all the teams who are using that engine will be a challenge for the top teams but if they come up with an engine that will be less powerful then other engines then teams having them will be no match for the top teams. Lotus have enough money as it is been backed by Malaysian government so money will not be a problem for them. Most F1 fans thinks that Lotus will be the top team out of the new teams who could potentially challenge for midfield positions throughout the season, so I think it will be a good mid field team for next season atleast.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius

Nice cartoons bro!
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Button plays down Hamilton advantage<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button has downplayed the advantage McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton will have this year, but the world champion admits he will need some time to adapt to his new team.

US F1 car to make Alabama debut<!-- end title -->
    The US F1 team will run its car for the first time at the Barber Motorsport Park in Alabama next month.

Kovalainen 'better' after McLaren stint<!-- end title -->
    Heikki Kovalainen is convinced that he has come out of two tough seasons at McLaren a better driver - and thinks the experience will help him push new team Lotus forward.

Ecclestone in bid to buy Saab
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has joined a bid to purchase struggling Swedish car maker Saab, according to the BBC.

@nightsurfer
    Thanks bro, for liking the cartoons.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Teixeira linked with Campos role<!-- end title -->
    A1GP boss Tony Teixeira has been linked with a deal to buy into the new Campos Grand Prix team, with the Spanish outfit considering options to bring in outside investors.

Alonso ready for first Ferrari appearance<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso is to make his first appearance in Ferrari colours on Monday afternoon, when he arrives at Ferrari's traditional winter ski event.

Bahrain still hoping for F1 tests<!-- end title -->
    The management of Bahrain Grand Prix venue Sakhir remains hopeful that Formula 1 teams could get dispensation to test at the circuit before the start of the 2010 season if weather conditions in Europe are poor.

Lotus line-up is a 'statement of intent'<!-- end title -->
    Lotus chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne says the decision to sign Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen for the team's debut season rather hiring well-funded rookies proves that team boss Tony Fernandes is serious about succeeding in Formula 1.

Schumacher: Mercedes is still hungry<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher says he is impressed by the Mercedes team's continuing hunger for success, after spending two days at the squad's Brackley factory this week.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius

Bro, you sent me a message through PM in Nov. I am sorry, I just opened my PW mail box after a long long time and found your mail there.

I missed almost all of the last season thanks to the hectic timetable I am following these days. Even now, I am having classes on the weekends from 2PM to 8PM F1 seems like a distant dream now.

@all
    We all should post timings of re-runs for every race because for people like me re-runs are the only hope. If PW Admin allows, we can also post links of websites that telecast live races as these days, people are likely to be sitting closer to a broadband connection than a TV.

I suggest we "the F1 club of PW" add each other on Facebook and start a group names F1 club of Pakistan. What do you guys say?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

F1 fans, please join this group!

Formula 1 Fan Club : Pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Nightsurfer
    Bro, I know that you are having some really tough timetables because of your classes and thats why I hope during this season you could be available for comments after races because this season looks like to more exciting then the previous season. As for the livestream links I have provide a link for that purpose in the first post and I would be very thankful if you could find some more. As for the re-runs I will try to post the timings during the season after every GP. I am in for the facebook group.

Now some serious info sharing I have read on PlanetF1 about the carrying capacity of fuel for the 2010 cars and it suggest that Renault will carry the lowest amount of fuel in Kgs i.e. 165kgs then the rest of the field while Cosworth will carry the highest amount of fuel in Kgs i.e. 185 Kgs. Ferrari will carry about 240litres which is about 168Kgs of fuel while Mercedes will carry 175Kgs of fuel.
    The original article is in french while the google translation is given below.
    The Renault R30 equipped with triple diffuser?

We learned already for some time that the main colors are yellow and black, reminders to debut in F1. Furthermore, Renault should not have a title sponsor in 2010.

The Renault R30 should be equipped from the start by a triple diffuser, the Diamond has already tested at Jerez in early December when the days of private testing for young drivers. Renault finished the 2009 season with a double diffuser while some teams were using the triple. One could even go to quad before the start of the season ...

Furthermore, Renault should abandon the "big" nose she had in 2009 to make way for a front as Red Bull / Toro Rosso. In addition, the front wing should be equipped with various aberrations to improve downforce.

The Renault R30 should be submitted in early February, during private testing at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia, Spain.

Published: Sport Auto magazine in its transmit number 576 of new information for the next season.

We learn by example that Renault plans a reservoir 165 kg against 175 to 185 for Mercedes and Cosworth. The center of gravity is so low. Furthermore, the ground clearance is adjustable by mechanics during pit stops.
    Indeed, the behavior of the car will be different between the beginning and end of race.

In addition, the wheelbase of the cars will be extended by 5 to 10 centimeters. An extension of the reservoir, the largest in 2010. It will have the wheelbase is the shortest possible, which would pose problems on the winding circuits.

Regarding the rear of the car, the exhaust outlets are displaced over backwards to avoid the hot air goes on suspensions. The rear wing, it will descend lower (like Red Bull and Toyota) and go up to the broadcaster.

Other changes: a gearbox shorter disappearance of wheel flanges. Aerodynamic side, the underside of the car will be rounded, like Red Bull in 2009. The pontoons should be sauce Brawn GP: air intakes more width than height. In addition, the brake ducts are more important to cool the car will be heavier with large quantities of gasoline. The front wings have more support and should look very strongly at the wing of the McLaren.

Thank you and a quidam Big One of RF1-Forum.com for their information
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is a supposed pic of Ferrari's F2010 or F61 or codename 661.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -21497

Also I forget to add in my previous post that although it looks like Cosworth teams will carry more fuel then any other engine's cars but remember they are the only engine who are allowed to upgrade their engine in 2 areas until the end of June 2010 as it is what all the FOTA teams are allowed them to do. These areas are fuel efficiency and engine reliability. All the other engines are under engine freeze mode as soon as the first car carrying them comes on track. So the chances are if they could be able to bring the consumption down to what Mercedes will get they are competitive in the second half of the season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

John Anderson joins US F1 team<!-- end title -->
    The US F1 team has announced that John Anderson has joined the American squad as its new team manager.

Schumacher to test GP2 car at Jerez<!-- end title -->
    Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher will return to action on Tuesday when he tests a GP2 car at the Jerez circuit in Spain.

@UK
    The next news is specially for you bro.

Hamilton splits with girlfriend Nicole
    Former world champion Lewis Hamilton and long-time girlfriend, singer Nicole Scherzinger, have split.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no way hamilton and nicole splitted....?Damn!!!!
    sad news

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

genius83

cartoons are awsum.the most funny man in this cartoon is button....lolz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari seems to be copying the Red Bull car, so says James Allen on his blog. Though his source is not entirely reliable, he says the person has pretty strong contacts within Ferrari. He quotes the fuel tank at 240 litres. All this will be guess work as no team will give the actual consumption of their engine, but looking at last year, the Renault engine was the most economical by far and the Mercedes engine, though most powerful, the most thirsty.

@genius83

NO!!!!!!!!! I am heart broken at least they will remain good " friends " Beglar, if he had been around would have jumped on the first flight to offer Nicole his shoulder to cry on I am sure where ever that weasel is, he is thinking on the same lines. Much like Beglar, James Allen, Hamilton's secret wife, must be rushing to his house.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA to appeal Briatore case verdict<!-- end title -->
    The FIA has decided to appeal the decision of the Tribunal de Grande Instance to overturn the motorsport bans handed down on Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds for their involvement in race fixing.

Kovalainen: McLaren vs Ferrari for title<!-- end title -->
    Heikki Kovalainen has tipped his former team-mate Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso to be the two men who will be battling it out for the world championship this year.

Pedro de la Rosa on brink of Sauber deal
    Pedro de la Rosa will be confirmed at Sauber as Kamui Kobayashi's team-mate for 2010, according to reports.

@alliereyaz
    Thanks bro for the complement.

@UK
    One thing is for sure that we will not see her jumping up and down during the GPs which is necessary because next season GP broadcasters should focus more on track action and less in the garages. I just want to contact beglar in any way possible because it is almost 3 months we have not seen him here.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

McLaren reshuffles engineering crews<!-- end title -->
    McLaren has undertaken a reshuffle of its race engineering crews in a bid to help get the best out of both Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button this year.

Hamilton excited about Button link-up<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton believes he and Jenson Button will feed off each other throughout 2010 - and the nature of their partnership will help drive McLaren forward.

Alonso appears in Ferrari colours
    Fernando Alonso has made his first public appearance in Ferrari red at his Italian team's annual ski camp at Madonna di Campiglio.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull to skip opening pre-season test<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing is to skip the first of the official pre-season Formula 1 tests next month, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Cosworth engines ready for shipping<!-- end title -->
    Cosworth has announced that its first batch of engines for the 2010 Formula 1 season is now ready for shipping from the company's headquarters in Northampton.

Schumacher kicks off Jerez test<!-- end title -->
    Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher returned to the cockpit of a racing car on Tuesday morning when he began a three-day testing programme with GP2 machinery.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List