Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Moss on the title showdown
    One would have to be a real gambler to pick a world champion with four races remaining, and that's a brilliant position for the sport to be in. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Mark Webber, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Fernando Alonso; it could be any of the top five, it's wide open.

@All
    One thing I like about this article is Stirling Moss doesnot want any of the 2 fast but some what crash liking drivers(Hamilton and Vettel) to not give up their style but just learns how to remain calm under pressure.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alliereyaz View Post
    Lewis Hamilton blasted for "aggressive" driving - mirror.co.uk

bla...bla...bla...poor horner....cry baby cry....hamilton will strike back and he will not change his aggressive driving style.

horner rotu....send me christian horner email address...ill show him aggression.

Lewis Hamilton still in title race, says Fernando Alonso - mirror.co.uk

Fernando Alonso still fears Lewis Hamilton in the Formula 1 title race. < u should be and all the drivers in the grid too.HE IS THE CHOSEN ONE.
    nice article btw. and yes Mr. Alonso. Lewis Hamilton is still in the championship title race.INSHALLAH lewis hamilton will be 2010 WD Champion.
    LOLz -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon10 ... i m loving your jabbering.. very colorful ...

let me ask u one simple question,.. what is at stake for u if Hamilton wins or does not win WDC??.. i guess nothing ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm.. is this harbinger to giving up ?? ... i hope not,.. but next tracks are very tough and suits RBR more.. now some DNFs from WEB are required...

interesting.. then we 'll see a real chaos and sometime unexpected race winners or podium holder ... should give it a try for a race or two ...

come on.. lets get it over with... renault is just trying to keep the hype alive...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius83 View Post
    Moss on the title showdown
    One would have to be a real gambler to pick a world champion with four races remaining, and that's a brilliant position for the sport to be in. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Mark Webber, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Fernando Alonso; it could be any of the top five, it's wide open.

@All
    One thing I like about this article is Stirling Moss doesnot want any of the 2 fast but some what crash liking drivers(Hamilton and Vettel) to not give up their style but just learns how to remain calm under pressure.
    nice article.. unbiased,.. but i think he was critical of HAM and VET ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    LOLz -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon10 ... i m loving your jabbering.. very colorful ...

let me ask u one simple question,.. what is at stake for u if Hamilton wins or does not win WDC??.. i guess nothing ...

INSHALLAH if he wins PAAAARRRRRRTTTTTTTYYYYYY in the house all night, and if he doesnt, never mind better luck next season

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Lotus to use Red Bull gearbox from 2011<!-- end title -->
    Lotus Racing has confirmed that it will use Red Bull Technology gearboxes and hydraulic systems from the 2011 season.

Yamamoto and Senna set to race in Japan
    HRT team principal Colin Kolles has confirmed Sakon Yamamoto and Bruno Senna will drive for his team at this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix.

Heidfeld confident he will stay in F1 next year
    Nick Heidfeld's manager is confident his driver will be racing in Formula One next season, despite the recent news that his current position at Sauber will be occupied by rookie Sergio Perez in 2011.

Red Bull won't dominate again - Button
    Jenson Button is confident Red Bull will not dominate any of the remaining four races of the 2010 championship.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

INSHALLAH if he wins PAAAARRRRRRTTTTTTTYYYYYY in the house all night, and if he doesnt, never mind better luck next season
    right.. and i 'll be there even if i m not invited and even if i hate HAM winning WDC (i'd love to crash HAM's party) ...

and i might throw a party if ALO wins ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i hope so too..

"Suzuka suits Red Bull particularly well but they've had to make some changes to the front wing and the floor," he said. "They won't be as dominant as they were in Budapest anymore."

hmm.. this might be true...

Kimi 'would have to prove motivation'

Renault team boss Eric Boullier says Kimi Raikkonen would have to convince him he was ready to fully commit to Formula 1 again if the squad turned to the Finn to replace Vitaly Petrov.

The Anglo-French outfit is currently assessing its options over the second seat at the team for 2011, with rookie driver Petrov yet to have done enough to cement his future at the team for a second season.

^ yet another news related to Kimi's return ... this is making me sick now..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    right.. and i 'll be there even if i m not invited and even if i hate HAM winning WDC (i'd love to crash HAM's party) ...

and i might throw a party if ALO wins ...
    u r welcome indeed, but im not crashing ur party if alonso wins the title i dont want to waste my time on alonso thing.. i know HAMILTON will win 2010 WDC title and many in the future too INSHALLAH. but the question is if if if if if if if ALLAH na kare webber wins the title thn whom we are gonna crash the party.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Breaking News

Kimi rules out F1 return with Renault

Kimi Raikkonen has categorically ruled out a return to Formula 1 with Renault next season – and accused the Anglo-French team of exploiting his name for its own commercial purposes.

Comments from Renault’s team principal Eric Boullier have fuelled media speculation in recent weeks that the 2007 world champion was poised to end his dalliance with the World Rally Championship and return to F1.

Boullier has said that Raikkonen had contacted Renault, was “on the radar” for a 2011 seat but would have to prove he was fully motivated for an F1 return.

The Finn has now broken his silence on the matter and criticised Renault – insisting that, although his management had contacted Boullier on one occasion, he has not had any serious discussions with the team about a 2011 drive.

“I am very disappointed with the way how they have used my name for their own marketing,” he was quoted as saying by Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat.

“I have never even seriously considered driving for Renault, and I am 100 percent sure that I will not drive for Renault next year.”

With Raikkonen now conclusively out of the picture, Vitaly Petrov looks more likely to keep his Renault drive, although Boullier has made it clear the Russian rookie still has more to prove between now and the end of the season....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u r welcome indeed, but im not crashing ur party if alonso wins the title i dont want to waste my time on alonso thing.. i know HAMILTON will win 2010 WDC title and many in the future too INSHALLAH. but the question is if if if if if if if ALLAH na kare webber wins the title thn whom we are gonna crash the party.....
    Party is ON for sure if ALO wins ...

WEB's win won't be celebrated,.. but i might arrange something for the occasion that HAM couldn't win 2010 WDC ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default good news for Hulk!.. somewhat..

McLaren “throwing kitchen sink” at title battle

McLaren is leaving nothing on the table in its pursuit of this year’s championship, according to managing director Jonathan Neale.

The team, which had a strong run of form over the summer, has recently fallen behind Red Bull and Ferrari in what is already the closest title battle we’ve seen. Accidents for Lewis Hamilton in the last two races, costing a theoretical 24 points for a pair of fourth places, have not helped, but there is a feeling that McLaren needs to find something more technically in order to get the upper hand over its rivals.

“We’re throwing everything and the kitchen sink at it,” said Neale in a Vodafone phone in today. “We will be pushing very hard. If we can pull a modification forwards, even if we’ve only got limited components, I’d rather have the drivers to have that fraction of a second in lap time, than delay until we’ve got a comfortable set of spares. We are running on the very lean edge of what we’ve got.”

This weekend in Suzuka the team will try out a new package of updates during Friday practice including new aerodynamics and new ways of running the engine to make the most of the double diffuser,

“We’re taking a reasonable sized package to Japan, we’ve got front wing upgrades, we’ve got a new rear wing, there are some aerodynamic details and some of the engine modes. What we’ve got is a big test package for Friday. We’ll be in a better position to say what we’re going to run in anger (following Friday running). Certainly we’re taking everything that we took to Singapore, and some more, to Japan.”

The engine modes are interesting and Neale spoke to a few of us about this subject on race day in Singapore. The rise of the exhaust blown diffuser this season has led teams to work closely with engine builders to maximise the pressure of exhaust gases passing across the diffuser to gain extra downforce. This is particularly important when the driver lifts off the throttle for a corner.

To compensate, the ignition is retarded on the over-run, which maintains exhaust gas pressure even when the driver lifts off the throttle. This maintains the performance of the blown diffuser and keeps the downforce up when it’s most needed. It thus avoids the main problem of an exhaust blown diffuser whereby when a driver lifts off the throttle for a corner, the downforce goes missing when you most need it and the rear stability changes.

The challenge for engineers is that this process causes the temperatures to rise. But it seems that as the season has progressed, the clever engineers have found ways to do this for more than just a few laps, without sending temperatures through the roof.

Anyone who stood trackside in Singapore will tell you that the McLaren exhaust note sounded very strange on the over-run, this is another key battleground in the tech race which never sleeps.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Former Lotus boss Peter Warr dies<!-- end title -->
    Peter Warr, who was best known as a former team boss of the Lotus Formula 1 outfit, has passed away.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Bell leaves Renault team<!-- end title -->
    Bob Bell has stepped down from his role as managing director of the Renault Formula 1 team, and will be replaced by Eric Boullier - who will add the managing director title to his current position as team principal.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Clive Chapman pays tribute to Warr<!-- end title -->
    Clive Chapman, son of Lotus founder Colin, has paid tribute to Peter Warr after the death of the long-time Lotus team manager yesterday.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Wurz rejoins stewards' panel for Japan<!-- end title -->
    Alexander Wurz will again be the driver representative on the FIA's steward panel at this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix.

Massa won't settle for No.2 role after 2010
    Felipe Massa has made clear he is not prepared to play second fiddle to Fernando Alonso at Ferrari beyond the end of the season.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ferrari: Massa 'still a number one'<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has emphasised that Felipe Massa will not become a permanent number two driver, even though Fernando Alonso has ended up being the focus of the team's title push this season.

Liuzzi speculation rekindled by vacancy comment
    Speculation over the future of Tonio Luizzi has increased after Force India's operating officer told Autosport there was a seat up for grabs in 2011.

Rain forecast for race weekend
    Despite heavy recent rain, better weather greeted the teams as they arrived for this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->De la Rosa completes first Pirelli test<!-- end title -->
    Pedro de la Rosa kicked off his work as Pirelli's test driver, carrying out a two-day test at the Valencia circuit.

Here is the time schedule for Japanese GP this weekend
    Code:
    Japanese GP 
    Friday
    Practice Session 1               6;00 to  7:30
    Practice Session 2              10;00 to 11:30 

Saturday
    Practice Session 3               7;00 to  8;00
    Qualifying Session              10;00 to 11;00

Sunday
    Race                            11;00 to 13;00
    @m_waqas and alliereyaz
    I will give the party if either of the 2 RedBull drivers wins the title, so now the only question is who will throw the party if Button wins the title. You both are invited along with @Blackeye117 and @UK.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking The F1 Title Showdown, 2010

courtesy Sladex

^ LOLz!! .. Massa taking his revenge ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we 'll see about that in future... i hope ALO beats him in intial races next year again to get the priority from Ferrari...

thats useless comment at this stage,.. perhaps to encourage MAS to support ALO for WDC..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats useless comment at this stage,.. perhaps to encourage MAS to support ALO for WDC..
    @m_waqas
    Please bro, make up your mind, how can you say in one sentence that this is useless comment and then you find a use of that comment too.

For me, that comment just shows the rudeness of Luca and nothing else. I have no respect for Luca after how he treats Kimi last season, even when it was known thing that Ferrari have caught out by the big rule changes, and 2008 season long title fight which remains till the last race.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas and alliereyaz
    I will give the party if either of the 2 RedBull drivers wins the title, so now the only question is who will throw the party if Button wins the title. You both are invited along with @Blackeye117 and @UK.[/QUOTE]

im not a fan of button....so sorry mate im not coming, button....!!!! r u serious?......if u said Massa, hell yes, but no for button last season he was very very very lucky, i was hoping for the BARICHELLO to win the title but.....

@waqas
    i hope its gonna work for Mclaren and hamilton INSHALLAH. i hope this weekend will be good enough for me. now the title fight is between hamilton and alonso. webber flexibility (front wing of RBR) are knocked down by the prancing horse and Red bull not giving him any wings any more.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

@m_waqas and alliereyaz
    I will give the party if either of the 2 RedBull drivers wins the title, so now the only question is who will throw the party if Button wins the title. You both are invited along with @Blackeye117 and @UK.
    yeah baby.. thats good,... i 'll be there at WEB's party or may be at VET's too (to crash) ... i don't care about Button..

HUlk should arrange party in case BUT wins, since BUT is HAM's team-mate ...

it seems u 'll be the one who's gonna loose some money throwing party, most probably cause WEB is looking good to win ...

at my party everyone's invited (Hulk, Eddie, Steve, UK, any random female ALO fan )..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alliereyaz
    Bro, please read carefully, I was asking who will give party if Button wins, and I will give party if either Webber or Vettel wins.

@m_waqas
    You mean you are inviting Paula too, because she is one of the biggest Alonso's fan.

Well Webber's party means you have to fly high and Vettel party will be only about crashing into someone or something.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    Please bro, make up your mind, how can you say in one sentence that this is useless comment and then you find a use of that comment too.
    year right mr. steve .. thats the dichotomy of my sentence that makes it so rich ..

u know i m not that much genius like u r.. but i meant why did Montezmolo need to do this in public??... (useless but useful) ...

useless in public, useful in private ...

Closed Thread

User Tag List