Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Bro, what to make of Schumacher's time and what about Sauber are they doing sponsor attracting run or is it the BrawnGP repeat story. There is another rumour of another team working on B-spec car guess who??
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I think Renault are rumored to be working on a B spec. Not sure though if they are the ones.
    Schumacher's time was good, given that he drove an F1 car after so long. Can't read much into it for now because it was the first day and the fuel loads people had. The picture might become clear after the first couple of tests. I don't remember the exact year when Villeneuve made a return with Renault for three races it was i think. He had done a test at Silverstone before that and had put in sensational times. Come the race, he was no where. Not suggesting Schumacher will be anything like that, but he did only 40 something laps of not a very demanding track. Brawn GP have gone a different way with the front of the car, so who knows, maybe Ross Brawn has found something. Will have to wait and see but his time is impressive. Sauber was the surprise of the day. They might be doing it to attract sponsors though. Don't have drivers of great repute so they might need to do something like.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Planetf1 is not the most reliable website but this is one of the funniest things i read on their forums.

Link

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius83 View Post
    @UK
    Bro, what to make of Schumacher's time and what about Sauber are they doing sponsor attracting run or is it the BrawnGP repeat story. There is another rumour of another team working on B-spec car guess who??

Ferrari .. M i right Genius....
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Nothing to see here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With 1 and half hour to go Ferrari's Felipe Massa leads the field much as he did all of yesterday. He is the only driver so far to dip in the 1 minute 11 seconds bracket.

Massa (Ferrari) 1:11.722

Kobayashi (Sauber) 1:12.056

Hamilton (McLaren) 1:12.368

Rosberg (Mercedes) 1:12.899

Barrichello (Williams) 1:13.377

Kubica (Renault) 1:13.369

Buemi (Toro Rosso) 1:14.862.

Kubica is the driver doing long runs, he is in the middle of a fairy long run, pit board says 31 laps remaining. Hamilton's pit board shows him on lap 16.
    Ferrari are preparing for the arrival of Fernando Alonso tonight - lots of barriers up to stop the fans crowding its motorhome, as a big crowd is expected tomorrow, when Alonso finally takes to the track in a Ferrari for the first time.

@ToofaneBatameezi

Umm can't see any pic or link

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brawn says Schumacher pace not a surprise
    Ross Brawn says he was not surprised at all by how quickly Michael Schumacher got on the pace on his return to action.

Teams play down new diffuser row
    Fears of a fresh row over double diffusers in Formula 1 have been played down by two of the men who helped pioneer the concept last year.

Stefan GP sends equipment to Bahrain
    Stefan Grand Prix has shown it remains determined to race in Formula 1 this season, despite having no entry, after sending equipment to the first race in Bahrain.

Teams approve new tyre rules for 2010
    Formula 1 teams have approved a rule change that will force the top ten starters to begin the race on the same tyres they set their best qualifying lap on.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

UC: They're there man, Refresh your browser. Hard refresh!!
    Nothing to see here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Blackeye117
    Bro, sorry wrong answer UK has already mentioned it just 2 post before you and the other team is Renault. Ferrari working on B-spec is what was the first rumour as you could see on the previous page that I have mentioned that then this Renault rumour starting to emerge and I ask about it as a guess.

@Toofan
    Bro, can you please elaborate hard refresh because I even try to restart the computer after deleting my internet history and still no picture shown.

@UK
    On the Autosport testing live feed this was mention
    15:42 The outright lap record at Valencia is still 18.540(1min 8.540 secs), set by Anthony Davidson back in 2006. 2010 times are still far from that.

Why they are mentioning this because the engines in 2006 were quite different then what they are using nowadays as those were 20K RPM engines and nowadays these are 18K RPM engines, and certainly this 2K difference in RPM is have its effects on the times. Right????

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Massa quickest again at Valencia<!-- end title -->
    Felipe Massa helped Ferrari maintain its position as the team to beat on the second day of pre-season Formula 1 testing at Valencia in Spain on Tuesday.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -31121

Di Resta confident of future race deal<!-- end title -->
    Paul di Resta is confident that Force India sees his deal to become reserve driver as the first step towards a race seat.

Rosberg shrugs off Barrichello's remarks<!-- end title -->
    Nico Rosberg insists that he is strong enough to deal with being Michael Schumacher's team-mate at Mercedes despite Rubens Barrichello advising him to "get out of there".

Stefan to test car at Portimao this month<!-- end title -->
    Stefan GP has announced it will test its first Formula 1 car later this month in Portugal, as it continues to push with its plans to race in the sport this year despite not having an entry.

New McLaren gets Hamilton excited<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton says there is a "night and day difference" between this and last year's McLaren following his first day at the wheel of the MP4-25.

@UK
    This Stefan GP is looking more serious then Campos and USF1 and I think they certainly have some assurance from FIA and FOM for competing in this season, now the only question is whether Campos could make it to the grid as there are rumours that suggest that they are facing financial trouble or not. If they will then we may have 14 teams and 28 cars on the grid otherwise 26 cars will still be able to compete during the season. The only reason I think Stefan GP could make it to the grid is they are using Toyota's car and technical assistance and Toyota has signed the concorde agreement so they are eligible for the racing slots. And as we knows that they are not been penalised for breaking the agreement which was a surprise, I think they were able to reserves their slots by negotiations with FOM. Remember FOTA agrees that if Sauber would find a way to get to the grid they will allow them to join the grid as special entry(14), Sauber was able to secure the team and they are been allowed for the grid irrespective of Toyota drops out of F1. Now it looks like the same deal has been done for the Stefan GP to get to the grid and its irrespective of any team's dropping out option.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am very happy to see Schumacher's timings yesterday. This is the perfect 'in the face' response to all those who doubted the great champion. If he still manages to post top 3 timings tomorrow, I would have not doubts of him being a title contender this season.

However I am somewhat disturbed by Rosbergs timings. Either he is not up to the mark (which I seriously doubt) or those ferraris have really come up with something under their sleeves and I am doubting a much better engine. Lets see what happens

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont know what went wrong man, Khair I reupped the images on that post, hope everyone can see em now!!
    Nothing to see here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Toofan
    Thanks bro for these pics but I don't know these looks like CGIs or may be they have some fine tuning from the original pics.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Campos are being sold to that A1GP guy, no? There seems to be a mess with most of these new teams and Stefan GP, having acquired the Toyota Chassis etc have hired Mike Coughlan, spygate fame, and Dave Ryan, Hamilton lying fame, to help them out. They look serious and good for them because others seem to be no where. I doubt they have a slot, Toyota pulled out and their team was not sold to Stefan GP. I think they are banking on Campos not making it, and then be prepared and ready to take their slot on the grid. Now that the new teams have permission to miss any three races, most will probably miss the first three. Fans might, oh well I am sure they will, miss the razzmataz the constructors brought to F1. These new teams are perhaps not the best replacement for car giants.

I was looking for Valencia lap record myself, for 2009, but all that would come up was the street circuit and when i finally found something it was pretty much the same, Davidson, in a Honda from 2006. Well, turns out that Massa's time of 1:11.722 is seven tenths slower than the 2008 time. I can't find the 2009 testing time which i am sure must belong to Brawn GP. Either way, it's a pretty impressive time by the Ferrari, although they did short runs all of yesterday so fuels load might be a question mark. Mclaren have started throwing paint at their diffuser already, trying to find out more about the air flow. Might be 2009 all over again for them. Times are all deceptive anyway, as Rosberg's time is pretty identical to what Schumacher did considering everyone went at least half a second quicker in the afternoon, when Schumacher first took to the track. Rosberg has been complaining of his seating position which will be sorted by the next test. Renault showed good pace, given they did the longest run. Williams look seriously off the pace and with reliability issues.
    All eyes will be on the champions today, particularly the Spaniard, and doubt that he will do a better time than Massa in his first outing, that will make people talk.

@ToofaneBatameezi

I can see them now

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Yes, there are talks of Campos been sold to Tony Teixera the A1GP boss but Bernie has not like this especially what Tony is planning to do with his F1 team(Campos). He is planning to use his F1 team as a A1GP advertising machines which Bernie will really hate plus he has bought the team but still has not paid any money to Campos. A1GP is already facing financial troubles I don't think F1 world will allow that burden of another series to become a part of them. Its like an F1 team tries to get a slot in IRL and start advertising F1 during the races in whatever way they think, do you think IRL will like that or if an IRL team joins F1 and start promoting IRL do you think FIA and FOM like that.

Now these are the last 2 reports of season 2009 races plus the offseason report.
    Brazil 2009
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -31294

Abu Dhabi 2009
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -31295

Offseason 2009-10
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -31296
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Virgin Racing has revealed its first Formula 1 car, the VR-01, although its planned online launch was delayed by technical difficulties.
    The VR-01 was due to be unveiled on the team's website this morning, the team having opted for an 'all-digital' launch to mirror its 'all-digital car' - reflecting the fact that design company Wirth Research created the car entirely using computational fluid dynamics rather than using a windtunnel.

Booth happy Virgin ahead of schedule

Branson already proud of his F1 team

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -31485

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Virgin Racing VR-01 launch

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Valencia Day 3 - Testing

Predictably the day so far has belonged to Fernando Alonso. The Spaniard made a stunning start to his Ferrari stint. His best time 1:11:470 is by far the quickest of the three day test so far, and a couple of tenths slower than Valencia lap record in a 2008 spec car.

The order so far:

1 Alonso 1:11.470
    2 De la Rosa 1:12.094
    3 Schumacher 1:12.438
    4 Alguersuari 1:12.576
    5 Button 1:12.951
    6 Hulkenberg 1:13.669
    7 Petrov 1:14.009

- So, so far this week, Schumacher has been quicker than Rosberg, Alonso quicker than Massa, Kobayashi quicker than de la Rosa, Hamilton quicker than Button, Kubica quicker than Petrov, Alguersuari quicker than Buemi, and Barrichello quicker than Hulkenberg.

- Four mile car queue to get in the circuit today.
    Official spectator figures from Valencia: 36,400 fans today.

-
    Ross Brawn speaking to BBC "It's always very difficult to judge. On full tanks yesterday (Tuesday) we didn't look too bad but we're a little bit off on pace and (there are problems with) the handling and balance of the car which we can fix for (the next test in) Jerez. We know what the problem is.

"Of course the other teams will be progressing as well so we are reasonable, not as quick as Ferrari and Lewis looked quick yesterday. So it looks like we've got a bit of work to do."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FOTA urges fans to participate in survey<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 fans have been urged to let the sport's leading figures know exactly what they think of grand prix racing, and how it can be improved, in the biggest ever survey.

Button gets first taste of new McLaren<!-- end title -->
    World champion Jenson Button got a first taste of his new McLaren at Valencia in Spain on Wednesday, on the final day of this week's first pre-season Formula 1 test.

Kobayashi cautious over early form<!-- end title -->
    BMW Sauber's new signing Kamui Kobayashi says it is too early to say whether the team's new C25 will be a front-running contender, despite setting the second fastest time in testing at Valencia on Tuesday.

Force India to launch online next week<!-- end title -->
    Force India has confirmed that it will reveal its new Formula 1 challenger in an online launch next Tuesday.

Buemi confident of strong season<!-- end title -->
    Sebastien Buemi is confident that the Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 will be competitive this season after testing the car for two days at Valencia.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Schumacher not expecting early wins<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher does not expect Mercedes to be an immediate contender for victory when the 2010 season starts in Bahrain - but insists he always anticipated a low-key start to the season.

Alonso keeps Ferrari on top at Valencia<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso helped Ferrari end the first pre-season Formula 1 test as the team to beat after setting the best time of the week on the final day of action on Wednesday.

Valencia Testing Session Day 3
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -31618

Combined times from Valencia test
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -31619
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List