Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome pics steve -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14 ..

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -161088

nice.. want more ...

great info... though 'Racing Laps Completed' section confuse ...

I think Hamilton has a great chance of winning the title actually. A DNF for Alonso, and a double Red Bull DNF will give him the title, or a DNF for Alonso will make the Red Bull pair drive like crazy, with winner takes it all, and any attempt to pass each other could very well end in tears. Given how this season has gone, that can happen.
    Other than Hamilton, i feel Vettel will win the race on sunday and win the title too.

Yeah, the title battle looks very close under both scoring systems. Btw, you didn't give us answers to those 4 questions you asked.
    yeah right.. HAM's WDC would be a slap on on RBR face..

ya steve what are the answers ??...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Alonso Blog

A weekend to get everything right

I arrived in Abu Dhabi yesterday evening, straight from Sao Paulo in Brazil. It was a long flight but I still managed to rest. Then I made a quick trip to the circuit where I met the team and fitted in a lap of the track on a bicycle.

Our approach hasn’t changed for this all-important race: we know that if we get everything perfectly right, then we will have the chance to reach the target that we set ourselves at the beginning of the season.

The Interlagos result allows us to be in charge of our own destiny: with a win or a second place we won’t need any more calculations. We can do it, even if we know our principal opponents are very strong: so far, perhaps apart from one race, theirs has been the best car on every type of circuit. That still doesn’t mean we expect to be beaten – anything but.

This evening, after taking part in an event organised by our partner Shell, I visited Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the theme park dedicated to Maranello that towers next to the circuit. The structure already dominated the view last year but to see it finished offers another impression altogether. Inside you can really live the emotion of a day inside the Ferrari world, from the speed of Formula 1 to the style and technology of the road cars.

From tomorrow we will concentrate totally on preparation for this race. We are at the final round of a season that will remain wonderful whatever happens. We aim to complete it in the best way – and rest assured we’ll be giving everything to achieve it!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Phoney war between drivers during calm before storm in Abu Dhabi

Before we got here this week Yas Marina Circuit was hit by a powerful sandstorm, which bent the trees backwards and dumped tonnes of sand on the track. This being Abu Dhabi they have a machine for sucking up the sand, so the racing will not be affected.

I’ve been at plenty of championship showdowns over the years. There is nothing like being here to look the contenders in the eye and see how they are coping with the pressure.

There have been some stormy ones, I recall Jerez 1997 for example and ten years later the acrimony at McLaren in the final race. But today we had a phoney war between the contenders in the press conference. Perhaps it is because this is not a duel for the title, but a battle between four contenders (albeit one with a slim chance) seems to diffuse the tension. None of the drivers was giving anything away. Webber was subdued, not about to hand any more hand grenade quotes to journalists. Vettel was relaxed and bouncy, he has nothing to lose and he’s enjoying “teasing” the media about whether he will let Webber through if the points dictate it.

This is the fourth time in six seasons that Alonso has been in the showdown, driving three different chassis, which tells its own story. He’s got the head for this, but he’s behaving in a very reserved way so far.

Everyone is talking about the possible permutations on Sunday, with most insiders expecting Sebastian Vettel to be out front waiting to see what kind of line up is behind him. In press briefings with drivers and with team principals, every scenario under the sun has been discussed, but until they go out ot qualify on Saturday no-one really knows.

My hunch is that Vettel will get pole and control the race and that the battle between Webber and Alonso for second place on the grid and into the first corner will decide the championship. Webber has struggled to match Vettel for pace since Monza, albeit some times he’s been only a tenth off in qualifying. He needs to raise his game and go out and take it this weekend, otherwise Alonso will have him.

The last two years’ champions, Hamilton and Button, have needed a fifth place to clinch. Ironically that is the result Vettel wants for Alonso this year, as it would allow him to keep his race lead and take the title.

Many feel that the championship has one more twist in store for it; a reliability issue, perhaps another engine failure for one of the contenders. Let’s hope not.

Red Bull confirmed today that Vettel’s failure in Korea, which dealt a body blow to his chances, was caused by a con-rod problem. The engine had done 1600km. Webber’s engine in Brazil had a radiator issue which caused it to run hot and the team won’t risk that engine this weekend. Alonso is on race three with the engine which won Monza and finished third in Brazil.

Meanwhile a group of us sat on the rooftop of the Red Bull hospitality this evening as darkness fell, talking tactics with Red Bull boss Christian Horner, who said that if the points dictate it he cannot imagine Vettel not letting Webber through, however he underlined that it would be “a gesture by the driver, not an instruction from the team.”

It would be a supreme irony if this season, which has been all about teammate rivalries and expectations, should end with Vettel handing the title to Webber. But we will have to see.

I also took in a visit to Michael Schumacher, who was pouring over the balance sheet of his season. A misfiring comeback, in many ways, the season has not turned out the way he or any of us expected.

He said he was not happy with some things this season, but was happy that he’d been able to get more out of the car recently not because of development, because they stopped that some time ago, but simply by learning more about it. He compared the way he feels today, “Really very good” with the end of 2006 when he retired, “Completely empty and overloaded.” He will be back next year, he said, because “I’m having fun.”

Further down the pit lane, the team currently known as Lotus threw in a curved ball by announcing that next year they will race in black and gold, the hugely evocative colours of Lotus at the time of the John Player Special sponsorship. For anyone 35 or over this is the car of their childhood.

Tony Fernandes is thinking on his feet as it looks increasingly likely that he will not be able to call his team Lotus next year due to licencing issues with Group Lotus, who are lining up to sponsor the Renault F1 team. Whether unwittingly or not, Fernandes’ move will irritate Renault F1 owner Gerard Lopez as I’m reliably informed by a French colleague that Lopez’ favourite toy as a child was his JPS Lotus and that it gave him a life long love of the brand..

Ferrari announced that Jules Bianchi will be the test driver, but stopped short of saying “reserve” driver, the spare man role at races currently carried out by Giancarlo Fisichella.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default AbuDhabi GP: Preparation Pics Contd.

@m_waqas
    The answers are present on the previous page, I was typing the answers when you posted. And I see you have found your first brid.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166668

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166674

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166660

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166647
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclusive interview with Red Bull’s Christian Horner

Fresh from clinching their maiden constructors’ championship in Brazil, Red Bull have arrived in Abu Dhabi with Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel in the hunt for the drivers’ title. Whilst the other two contenders - Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso and McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton - can count on the support of their team mates, the Red Bull duo will be fighting on their own. However, team principal Christian Horner isn’t worried...

Sebastian Vettel Q&A: I have high hopes for this race

All Formula One drivers dream of becoming the world champion. This weekend Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel could make his dream a reality. Vettel discusses his chances of title glory, ahead of this weekend’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix…

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default AbuDhabi GP: Team Marathon

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166616

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166605

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166619

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166611

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166613

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166614

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166610

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166606

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166617

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 166604
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ whats that marathon all about ??.. looks fun though... and don't tell me they completed a whole lap this way .. even the bird in one of the pic, with purple top..

Q: What is unique about the Championship leader this season???
    A: The unique thing about all the championship leaders is none of them has win a race when leading the championship.
    obviously ALO won the first race, thats why he was leading it at that time, didn't he ??.. or did i miss something ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default AbuDhabi GP: Ferrari World Pics Contd.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - z1289485815

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - z1289476896

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - z1289490626

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - z1289490652

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - z1289488043

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - z1289487979

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - z1289487969

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - z1289487988
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    Alonso was 8th at the start of the championship as per the FIA numbering, he wins the race and get to the top but has not won the race when he was on the top. I think you could understand it now.

It could be some fun loving activity, and most likely they have completed a lap but certainly not running all the way. They may have start walking after turn 1.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats gonna be nail biting weekend.....cmmooonnnnn!!!! best of luck HAMILTON.
    Lets go Webber....

i hope alonso DNF in this race....all other three contenders should finish at best positions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    Alonso was 8th at the start of the championship as per the FIA numbering, he wins the race and get to the top but has not won the race when he was on the top. I think you could understand it now.
    ^ no... thats some twisted logic man.. anyway don't bother..

It could be some fun loving activity, and most likely they have completed a lap but certainly not running all the way. They may have start walking after turn 1.
    lolz.. ya that would be understandable..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

James Allen on the title showdown

And so we head to the final race of the season with many question marks over what will happen. There are many possible scenarios and outcomes.

On paper this should play out as follows: Sebastian Vettel takes pole and wins the race, while Mark Webber and Fernando Alonso fight for second on the grid and in the race.

If Alonso gets ahead he will be champion and there is nothing Red Bull can do about it.

If he does not, then Webber will sit looking at Vettel’s wing wondering if he will do the decent thing and let him through to win the race and become champion.

In that scenario I think Vettel will make sure that a Red Bull driver wins the title, rather than hand it to Alonso.

Another scenario has Alonso hitting some kind of problem, so it’s a Red Bull one-two with Alonso running fifth or lower, which would hand the title to Vettel.

Any of the top three could hit problems, as we saw in Korea, but it would be a shame for this to be decided by a technical failure.

Ferrari are on engine watch. Even Webber has a slight concern, after his engine overheated on Sunday and he will have to use a different one in Abu Dhabi. Vettel had a spectacular failure in Korea, so he will feel he’s due a lucky break as far as reliability is concerned.

Qualifying will be crucial. Alonso’s objective will be pole, but he knows that on the balance of probabilities he is racing Webber for the championship and so his main target will be to qualify ahead of the Australian.

If he fails, he still has the start of the race to get ahead of him and control the situation from there.

The only thing he cannot deal with is a Red Bull one-two, because then it is out of his hands.

“We’ve given Alonso enough presents,” said Red Bull boss Christian Horner – and that has to mean that if one of the Red Bull drivers can win it, they will, whatever the instructions that need to be given to achieve it.

The only other variables are the McLarens and Felipe Massa.

The Brazilian has looked a dejected and demotivated figure lately and it must have been painful for him and Ferrari when he was lapped at Interlagos on Sunday. So much for him playing a role to help his team-mate.

Can he raise his game in Abu Dhabi? It has to be seen as unlikely unless his position is perceived to be under threat.

As for McLaren, they seem to have fallen short on pace at the crucial time.

Lewis Hamilton has been struggling to keep up lately, despite the fact that this car has the most downforce of any F1 car he’s driven.

Yas Marina suited the McLaren last year, partly thanks to KERS, and Hamilton was dominating the race before he went out.

A strong Hamilton performance is more likely to hurt Red Bull than Alonso, because Webber and Vettel need the points more.

Forecasts say it will be dry and hot. I’m not going to predict who wins, but I do think of all the above scenarios, it’s the fight for second place on the grid and at the chequered flag which will decide it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -161134

i like this picture alot, i wish hamilton join ferrari after 2012, they are cool with each other, but the press and fanboys ignite the war between them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ i don't want that to happen.. they will fight more freely when they're not in the same team...

Vettel will 'never be friends' with Webber

As one icy F1 relationship almost completely thaws, another has frozen solid.

Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso clashed infamously at McLaren in 2007, but Hamilton has now admitted he would be happy to reunite with the Spaniard.

"I'm happy with the way I have things now but I would have no problems having him as a teammate," the Briton said.

Hamilton also refused to agree that Alonso's potential 2010 title win has been tainted by the team orders affair, insisting the now Ferrari driver would "deserve to walk in the company of the great names of the past".

"You are going to be very hard put to find someone beat him on raw talent," he told the Mirror.

"When he comes to Zurich he texts me every now and then to meet up," revealed Hamilton.
    by the way did u read this ??.. HAM actually said some good things about ALO ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel and maclarens looking strong in practice session 1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ i hope things would be different in the race..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

redbull will be strong..all m looking for alonso to finish second or first or some issue with redbull.....
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thts awsome, look at alonso's face....... its world fastest rollercoaster....dddaaaaammmmnnnn!!!i wish to take a ride but no man.....its too fast, nop...no...no...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ lolz.. great share man... i wouldn't ride that roller coaster ever ..

by the way i found this.. what steve's favorite VET looking at here ..
    http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urh...10/1035153.jpg

Lewis Hamilton Q&A: McLaren closer than ever to Red Bull

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton was the only driver to dip below the 1m 41s mark in Abu Dhabi on Friday, setting a best lap of 1m 40.888s. Whether the inspiration came from P Diddy urging him to go for the ‘big thing again’ or not, it certainly did the trick. And if there’s one thing Hamilton needs this weekend it’s inspiration - as nothing but a win, and his rivals enduring poor results will see the Briton take his second title...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton gives title rivals something to think about

Lewis Hamilton was fastest in today’s second free practice session in the McLaren to add an interesting twist to the championship finale.

Last season’s pole sitter at this Yas Marina Circuit, Hamilton set a time of 1m 40.888 to finish 3/10ths ahead of Sebastian Vettel, with Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber following on. Webber was just 1/000th of a second slower than the Ferrari.

Hamilton looked quick all day in the McLaren, which has an updated F Duct rear wing this weekend. However he also courted controversy and was called to the stewards for cutting across the front of Bruno Senna and going across the while pit lane entry line. They let him off with a reprimand.

Hamilton believes that after several races where he didn’t have the car to challenge the Red Bulls and Ferraris, he can get in amongst them, “I don’t think I’m fighting for fourth this weekend,” he said with a smile.

The Red Bulls looked like they were sliding on the harder of the Bridgestone tyres. When Vettel went onto the soft tyre later in the session the car looked like it had more bite. But in today’s running Hamilton’s McLaren seemed to have the edge in the final sector of the lap, which features a lot of low speed, off camber corners.

Today’s performance is not necessarily conclusive proof that McLaren will be spoiling the party for Red Bull and Ferrari in qualifying tomorrow; McLaren have been quick on Fridays before then come up short on Saturday in qualifying.

But it would be very interesting of he bumped one of Vettel Webber or Alonso out of the top three on the grid. That would make for a very interesting race on Sunday.

Fernando Alonso, who starts the weekend with an eight point advantage over Mark Webber, complained of oversteer in the low speed corners.

His team mate Felipe Massa stopped out on the track the end of the second session when he ran out of fuel. He radioed this message to the team, which was broadcast to the other teams. It is interesting that he should have been running with low enough fuel levels to run out at that stage of practice.

Closed Thread

User Tag List