Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ive some sympathy for alonso for not winning title after the
    race when he was sitting with pit members and others.i think
    massa will be very happy and shouting like when he was at
    roller coaster.....bad luck alonso, well done petrov russia
    will be very happy on ur six place....one thing that always bother me is why in every most of the races accident happens with force india team. i hate them alot, and they ruined most of the races, look in 2008 so much gund in the race. oh i hate them alot. they should be called FORCE RUINER or FORCE USELESS. inko is sport m nai hona chahye hr jaga ghusna hai inko....aaaaarrrggggghhhhhh....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrShaggy View Post
    @Mani1: absolutely sir, possible
    better body is always a plus but the real deal is the lens.... i dont know which lens aimen bhai used for these, but 200mm+ focal lengths are usually in order for these sort of pics, depends upon your positioning and access,.....a popular choice is 100-400mm zoom lens

for best results, prime teles with teleconverters serve well
    i used 18-135 kit lens, mostly at 135. most of my shots are cropped, 100-400 is ideal for day light. at night, i would have liked something faster then 5.6

thanks alliereyaz , i'll email u some
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Redbull:
    ah! sir then you must have got the 7D! congrats! 8FPS goodness! excellent shots sir...

Mani bhai, 55-250 is a very good lens for budget too...
    You don't play cat & mouse games when you are the mouse!
    Ragar diya!......Kulpi Wala.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir photography is a very expensive hobby. I am hoping meri lottery nikal aye before next year takay I too can purchase some stuff.

EDIT:

sir would this work with that I PMed you about

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes sir, it would, but go for the 70-300mm version, its optically better
    You don't play cat & mouse games when you are the mouse!
    Ragar diya!......Kulpi Wala.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@REDBULL_AR..

awesome buddy.. those pics are unbeliveable... wish u could watch the race and share some race action pics here... and yes u should have participated more here.. there are some RBR fans so you were not alone ...

though i don't feel like talking about this race anymore but all i want to ask WHY THE HELL FERRARI HAD TO PIT SO EARLY.. DAMN IT...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

James Allen's Abu Dhabi GP verdict

This was a fitting way to end a really extraordinary season.

Sebastian Vettel is a worthy world champion as he and the Red Bull were the fastest car and driver combination this year.

He has had some good days and some bad days, but over the season he definitely deserves his crown.

He becomes the youngest ever world champion, being 167 days younger than Lewis Hamilton was when he won the 2008 title.

He can add that to his other records: being youngest points scorer, pole sitter, podium finisher and race winner.

If you look back over the last five years, Fernando Alonso lowered the age bar, then Lewis Hamilton and now Vettel. I wonder how much younger drivers can get…

But it’s not his youth we are celebrating this evening, it is his skill as a racing driver.

Again today he was flawless; taking pole under intense pressure on Saturday and then driving brilliantly to victory today.

Champions need a bit of luck and he was lucky today on several counts.

First when Hamilton pitted, he came out behind Kamui Kobayashi and Robert Kubica, the latter of whom held him up for most of the race.

Second, when Vettel himself stopped, Kobayshai made a mistake as he came out and so Vettel was able to get ahead.

That put two cars between him and Hamilton and gave him the cushion for victory.

Third, his main title rival Fernando Alonso was the victim of a suicidal strategy call by Ferrari which brought him out behind Vitaly Petrov and Nico Rosberg.

The team wanted to cover Webber’s stop but there was no way that this tactic was going to work as Petrov and Rosberg had already stopped and were only 19 seconds behind him on the road, so he was always going to come out behind them.

It ended Alonso’s title hopes right there and to add insult to injury Kubica used his strategy of starting on the hard tyres and running long, to come out ahead of the Ferrari as well.

Having started third and needing only fourth place, Alonso and Ferrari contrived to finish seventh.

Mark Webber wasn’t really in the hunt this weekend.

He was six tenths slower than Vettel in qualifying and had to pit today quite early as his tyres were going off and this dropped him down the field.

He could have tried the same tactic as Rosberg and Petrov and pitted under the safety car. This might have given him a decent result, but it is unlikely that Ferrari would have made the mistake they did if he had gone that route, so it wouldn’t have changed his championship position.

And so another season comes to an end and we look forward to 2011, when we will have adjustable rear wings, Pirelli tyres and a host of other new things.

Let’s hope it’s as good a season as this one

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How did Ferrari make that strategy mistake with Alonso?

The championship is over, the title is decided in Sebastian Vettel’s favour but the nagging question everyone is wrestling with tonight is, how did Ferrari get its tactics so wrong?

We have seen often this season how strategy can win races, but today we saw it lose a championship. Of course no championship is won or lost on one race, but when a driver has an eight point lead and needs only a top four finish, it can cost a championship if you get it wrong.

Fernando Alonso started the race in third position, needed only to finish fourth and yet the team contrived to lose him positions so he ended up seventh. It meant that Vettel beat him to the championship by four points.

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali tonight declined to go into details of how the decision to pit Alonso on lap 15 was arrived at. He did however give us an inkling of the considerations.

“We made a wrong decision in terms of strategy for three reasons: we marked a rival with two cars (Alonso and Massa), we were unduly concerned about the wear rate of the soft tyres and we did not take into consideration the difficulty of getting past other cars on the track.”

The reason they made the mistake was because they were too concerned with what Mark Webber was doing and failed to see the bigger picture.

Webber radioed in to say that his tyres were losing performance and on lap 12 he pitted for new hard tyres. He rejoined behind the Toro Rosso of Jaime Alguersuari, who held him up for two laps losing him almost two seconds.

Before the race, there was concern about how long the soft tyres would last before they started to degrade. Based in data from Friday and Saturday practice, there were concerns that they might start to go off quite quickly.

Seeing Webber in difficulty as early as lap 11/12 clearly made Ferrari worry about how long Alonso’s tyres would go. But it was the same for everyone and Alonso was arguably in the best shape at this point, lapping in the high 1m 45s range, which was the fastest of the leading cars.

At this stage he had a lead of just 10 seconds over Robert Kubica in the Renault, who had started the race on hard tyres and would therefore clearly be running long. Right behind him was Adrian Sutil, likewise on a hard tyre strategy. But more significantly Alonso had a lead of just 16 seconds over Nico Rosberg, who had pitted under the Lap 1 safety car and 19 seconds lead over Renault’s Vitaly Petrov, who had done the same.

A pit stop at Yas Marina Circuit takes around 22 seconds, so by coming in on lap 15 as Alonso did, he was inevitably going to drop behind these cars. And in the case of Rosberg and Petrov, they were not going to stop again.

Now to the point about underestimating how hard it would be to overtake the Renault in particular. In qualifying, Petrov was the third fastest car through the speed trap at 316km/h. Alonso was able to do just 312km/h on the straight. So it was always going to be difficult, The Renault F Duct is among the most efficient in the field. In addition, last season proved how hard it is to overtake on this circuit.

To be fair to Ferrari, Red Bull has put Webber on strategies which require him to pass cars, such as Singapore, which is hardly the easiest place to overtake, but they really underestimated Petrov and his Renault’s speed.

Much has been made of the fact that Renault supplies engines to Red Bull so he would be particularly obstructive, but I think Petrov was driving for himself and for his own career tonight. He will have done his prospects no harm at all with this drive.

Alonso could afford to have only three cars finish in front of him, which is what he had on lap 14 and with this move he invited another four to move ahead, two of whom would not be stopping.

It’s surely not possible that Ferrari could simply have failed to realise Rosberg and Petrov’s positions. Like all teams they have a highly paid strategy person, who has a sophisticated computer to give advice. He would then propose a strategy to Andrea Stell, Alonso’s engineer and to Chris Dyer, who is in charge of operations.

The tyres were going through a graining phase at this time; Vettel’s pace had dropped off into the 1m 46s. But then the tyres came back in and the pace picked up again.

Perhaps as they thought about whether to stop Alonso they were concerned that if the tyres should start to go off they would be vulnerable to Webber and the cars that had stopped and therefore must have reasoned that Vettel, Hamilton and Button would face the same threat, so they too would be behind the cars who had stopped.

But they pulled the trigger too soon. Massa pitted on lap 13 and failed to contain Webber, he rejoined two seconds behind. So they called in Alonso to cover Webber and his world championship went up in smoke. It didn’t help that his in lap and out lap were 1.5 seconds slower than his rivals.

Had they left him out, he would have stayed behind Button, who went on to do 39 laps on his soft tyres. Alonso would probably not have been able to do that many laps, but he would have been able to pit around the time Hamilton stopped on lap 22/23 and rejoin ahead of Rosberg (just), in a net fourth place once the hard tyre runners stopped. Instead, stuck behind Petrov for 39 laps he lost time and track positions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sebastian Vettel is World Champion after dominant win in Abu Dhabi

Sebastian Vettel became the youngest ever F1 World Champion today when he won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ahead of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button.

It was a vindication of Red Bull’s decision not to make Vettel hand the win to Webber in Brazil, as it set Vettel up with the chance to do this. And he needed a slice or two or luck, as Hamilton came out behind the Renault of Robert Kubica who prevented him from having a go at Vettel.

He was also lucky on the day that Ferrari made a terrible tactical error, which crippled Fernando Alonso’s race. They were so focussed on covering the early stop for Mark Webber and reacted to that, bringing Alonso in early, rather than seeing the risk posed by drivers who had pitted under a safety car on lap one. That error cost Alonso the world title today.

At the start Button jumped Alonso for third place. Webber didn’t really try to attack while further back Schumacher got caught out by his team mate in Turn 5 and went into a spin. He was smashed by Tonio Liuzzi, who had nowhere to go. The nose of Liuzzi’s car narrowly missed Schumacher’s head.

This brought out a safety car, under which Rosberg pitted, as did Petrov, Di Grassi and the two Hispania cars.

It was a messy end to a patchy comeback season for the seven times champion.

The race restarted on lap six. Hamilton had to go off track to avoid Vettel as he braked to build a gap to the safety car for the restart.

Webber’s tyres started to go off and he pitted on lap 12. But he came out behind Alguersuari in the Toro Rosso and when Alonso pitted on lap 15, he was able to rejoin just ahead of Webber. It seemed ironic that a Red Bull owned Toro Rosso car would be the one to cost Webber the chance to jump Alonso.

Webber pushed Alonso hard, the pair closed up on Petrov. Ferrari told Alonso it was “critical” that he pass Petrov. Meanwhile Alonso had other problems because also ahead of him was Nico Rosberg, who had pitted under the safety car and thus would not be stopping again. This put him on course to be fifth in the race and thus lose the title.

Hamilton pitted on lap 23 and that forced Vettel to react. He pitted a lap later and was lucky that Kobayashi made a mistake as it meant Vettel could get ahead of both Kobayashi and Kubica. The Pole made a sublime pass on the Japanese a lap later. Neither of them had pitted at this stage.

Hamilton passed Kobayashi on lap 27, but couldn’t pass Kubica. Meanwhile Button led on lap 31, having not pitted yet. We have seen him several times this season getting much longer life out of soft tyres than his rivals. Hamilton was on the radio asking for permission to pit for new tyres as his left front was giving him problems.

Button stayed out and Vettel closed him down. Button pitted on lap 40, dropping back into third place.

Kubica pitted on lap 47 and rejoined ahead of Petrov and Alonso, compounding the misery of Ferrari. The Renaults certainly did a job for Red Bull, their customer for engines, today. But it was all fair.

So Alonso started third and finished seventh, Webber started fifth and finished eighth.

Vettel emulated Kimi Raikkonen’s 2007 feat of winning the title in the last round having been third at the start of the race.

“We have to enjoy this moment. It is our moment,” said Vettel. “I was thinking of Kimi’s situation today. It was similar, but we were in a stronger position. One big advantage with Kimi is that he does his own thing and that was my target all weekend long. Who would have thought that a Ferrari starting third with good pace would finish seventh? That’s how it goes some times. I’m just happy to add my name to the list with Schumacher and Senna.

“The car this year was phenomenal, it was a masterpiece. I had the clear target going into the season to win the championship, I was very focussed, maybe I got a bit tense mid season. But to come back after what happened in Spa and all the bad press I got, that’s when you realise who supports you. I realised that sometimes things don’t go your way but there is justice and today it went my way.”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RedBull_ar
    Excellent Pics.

@mani1
    I think we both should agree to disagree as it was impossible to come to a conclusion in the past debate and it still is impossible to find a suitable conclusion this time too.

So Agree to Disagree.

@All
    So, what is the decision for the GTG.

@m_waqas
    Ferrari were trying to cover the wrong person and ended up loosing everything by using both their drivers, I am guessing Luca certainly have broken another LCD after the race and would be thinking why the hell my idea of 3rd car was rejected if I have a 3rd driver I could cover the other guy too.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Liuzzi: Crash impossible to avoid<!-- end title -->
    Tonio Liuzzi said he had no opportunity to avoid his dramatic crash while Michael Schumacher on lap one of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Rosberg: Pit call earned fourth place<!-- end title -->
    Nico Rosberg says his fourth place in today's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was earned by the pitstop call made by his Mercedes team.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Alonso: 2010 still a satisfying year<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso says his 2010 campaign will stand out in his memory, despite being beaten to the world championship by Sebastian Vettel in Abu Dhabi on Sunday.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Button eyes strong qualifying in 2011<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button says his main aim for the winter will be to ensure he is more competitive in qualifying in 2011.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Alonso admits strategy a mistake<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso has admitted that Ferrari's decision to pit him on lap 14 of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, in response to Mark Webber's stop two laps earlier, was a mistake.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Schumacher says crash was frightening<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher admitted after retiring from the first lap of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix that his collision with Vitantonio Liuzzi had given him a fright.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Horner praises drivers' sportsmanship<!-- end title -->
    Christian Horner praised the manner in which Red Bull team-mates Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber conducted their rivalry this season.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Razia to join young driver test line-up<!-- end title -->
    Virgin Racing test driver Liuz Razia will join Jerome D'Ambrosio and Rio Haryanto in driving for the team in the young driver test in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday and Wednesday.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Montezemolo backs team after defeat<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo says that Fernando Alonso's failure to win the drivers' world championship should not cancel out the team's achievements over the course of the season.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ferrari: Alonso strategy a team decision<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has said his team will not single out individuals to blame for the strategy mistake that cost Fernando Alonso the world championship in Abu Dhabi.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Fernandes: Chapman would be proud<!-- end title -->
    Lotus Racing team owner Tony Fernandes reckons Colin Chapman would be proud of his team's efforts this season after it clinched its place as the best new outfit at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Fernandes still wants to keep Lotus name<!-- end title -->
    Tony Fernandes wants to continue to use the Lotus name in Formula 1 next year, despite the car company trying to prevent him doing so, but has said he will not do anything that would destroy the brand.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Newey: Vettel helped by Alguersuari<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing technical chief Adrian Newey reckons the lack of assistance Mark Webber got from Jaime Alguersuari in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix actually proved a vital factor in helping Sebastian Vettel win the title.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Petrov: No qualms about racing Alonso<!-- end title -->
    Vitaly Petrov has said he could understand Fernando Alonso's frustrations with him after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - but reckons the Spaniard should actually be angrier with his team and its strategy choice.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Hulkenberg to leave Williams<!-- end title -->
    Nico Hulkenberg will not race for Williams in Formula 1 next season.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Branson 'stewardess' flight to help charity<!-- end title -->
    Lotus Racing boss Tony Fernandes will auction off seats for charity on the AirAsia plane that Virgin rival Richard Branson will serve as an air hostess for losing a bet.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Williams retains Barrichello for 2011<!-- end title -->
    Williams has confirmed that Rubens Barrichello will remain with the team in 2011, and says it will annouce Nico Hulkenberg's replacement before the end of the year.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -163070

Sladex will surely be mighty happy with PET's performance ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@steve..
    even if nobody is interested in GTG.. i don't wanna miss my treat.. or we can wait for sometime for others to respond.. PM your cell no. (if and whenever u want) so that we can figure out something in case its only u and me ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Alonso blog..

In love with Ferrari

Waking up was hard after yesterday’s disappointment, I can’t deny it. It hurts to come so close to the goal and see it slip away like that, but that’s the way sport goes and we have to accept it. The closing chapter of the season must not erase all the positive things that we’ve done this year. And – I repeat – for me it’s been a top year. There have been wonderful moments, such as the Monza podium, that will stay in my memory and the bitter end will never be able to cancel them out.

Now it’s pointless to try and work out who got things wrong: a world championship that slips away by four points after 19 races can be lost on so many occasions, not just at the end. We are a team: we win and we lose all together. I’m happy to be at Ferrari – to feel, together with all the men and women who work here the pride of being a part of this family and this extraordinary history. We are a great group and we will show that – especially in this hardest of moments where this bitter taste will be felt inside every one of us. I know that at Maranello everyone will be working hard on the new car to try to be even more competitive at the start of next year. I know that here at Yas Marina the mechanics are again on track preparing for a week of testing. I can’t wait to get back involved on Friday when I’ll return to Abu Dhabi to try out the new Pirelli tyres on Saturday. This is the spirit of our people: they want to react straightaway, to work even harder to chase victory. That has made me fall in love with Ferrari even more today than ever.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Massa: Ferrari cannot dwell on defeat<!-- end title -->
    Felipe Massa says Ferrari needs to put the disappointment of losing the world championship out of its mind and focus on putting itself in the best position for 2011.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Domenicali reveals pain at title defeat<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has spoken of the pain he felt at watching Fernando Alonso lose the world championship in Abu Dhabi.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Horner: Red Bull team now best in world<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing has 'come of age' this season and proved itself as the best team in the world at the moment.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Webber praises world champion Vettel<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber paid tribute to team-mate Sebastian Vettel, following the German's world championship-winning victory in Abu Dhabi.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->We won it the right way - Horner<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing and Sebastian Vettel clinched the world championship in the 'right way' reckons boss Christian Horner, after the team refused to throw its weight behind one driver this year.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Red Bull: Title will make Vettel better<!-- end title -->
    World champion Sebastian Vettel will be a more relaxed - and better - driver next year after clinching his maiden title in Abu Dhabi.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Montezemolo dismisses politician criticism<!-- end title -->
    Luca di Montezemolo has reponded to criticism from Italian government ministers, after the team came under fire following the manner in which it lost the world championship in Abu Dhabi.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Valsecchi, Kral to test for Hispania<!-- end title -->
    Davide Valsecchi and Josef Kral will join fellow GP2 driver Pastor Maldonado in testing for Hispania Racing at Abu Dhabi this week.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Toyota aborts HRT collaboration<!-- end title -->
    HRT's plans to link up in a technical partnership with Toyota have been aborted after the Japanese manufacturer announced it had terminated its deal with the new team.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    Sladex will surely be mighty happy with PET's performance ...
    I'd prefer Petrov demonstrate his performance not only last race of the season.
    www.f1db.ru - my Formula 1 web site

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Horner: This is just the start for RBR<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing has so far only just offered a 'glimpse' of its full potential this year despite capturing both world championship titles.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ricciardo leads first rookie session<!-- end title -->
    Daniel Ricciardo picked up where he left off in last year's Formula 1 rookie testing, topping the timesheets on the opening morning of young driver running at Abu Dhabi.

Code:
    Abu Dhabi Rookie Testing 
    Day 1 Session 1
    Pos  Driver                  Car          Time       Laps
     1.  Daniel Ricciardo        Red Bull     1m40.813s  46
     2.  Paul di Resta           Force India  1m42.736s  28
     3.  Oliver Turvey           McLaren      1m42.933s  47
     4.  Sam Bird                Mercedes     1m43.201s  39
     5.  Jean-Eric Vergne        Toro Rosso   1m43.392s  46
     6.  Esteban Gutierrez       Sauber       1m43.410s  37
     7.  Mikhail Aleshin         Renault      1m43.661s  39
     8.  Jules Bianchi           Ferrari      1m43.894s  31
     9.  Dean Stoneman           Williams     1m44.051s  32
    10.  Antonio Felix da Costa  Force India  1m44.704s  20
    11.  Pastor Maldonado        Hispania     1m46.278s  59
    12.  Rodolfo Gonzalez        Lotus        1m46.910s  48
    13.  Rio Haryanto            Virgin       1m49.439s  21
    <!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Hispania 'surprised' by Toyota's actions<!-- end title -->
    HRT has expressed its surprise at Toyota's announcement that it has ended a planned technical collaboration with the Spanish team.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Abu Dhabi GP urged to alter circuit<!-- end title -->
    McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh has urged Abu Dhabi track chiefs to make changes to its 'flawed' track design following the lack of overtaking at last weekend's season finale.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Lotus: We must give Trulli a better car<!-- end title -->
    Lotus boss Tony Fernandes has acknowledged that his squad needs to provide Jarno Trulli with a better car in 2011, having confirmed that the team was now very likely to retain both Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Schumacher: First test key to '11 hopes<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher reckons he will know from his first test in the 2011 Mercedes whether the team has done enough to become a frontrunner next season.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ricciardo tops day one of rookie test<!-- end title -->
    Daniel Ricciardo kept Red Bull Racing at the top of the Formula 1 timesheets two days after the team clinched a world championship double, by setting the pace in the first day of rookie testing in Abu Dhabi.

Code:
    Abu Dhabi Rookie Testing
    Day 1 Session 2
    Pos  Driver                  Car          Time
     1.  Daniel Ricciardo        Red Bull     1m39.616s
     2.  Oliver Turvey           McLaren      1m40.725s
     3.  Antonio Felix da Costa  Force India  1m41.381s
     4.  Esteban Gutierrez       Sauber       1m41.432s
     5.  Dean Stoneman           Williams     1m41.522s
     6.  Mikhail Aleshin         Renault      1m42.073s
     7.  Jean-Eric Vergne        Toro Rosso   1m42.489s
     8.  Paul di Resta           Force India  1m42.736s
     9.  Sam Bird                Mercedes     1m42.985s
    10.  Jerome D'Ambrosio       Virgin       1m43.518s
    11.  Pastor Maldonado        HRT          1m43.750s
    12.  Jules Bianchi           Ferrari      1m43.894s
    13.  Rodolfo Gonzalez        Lotus        1m44.924s
    14.  Rio Haryanto            Virgin       1m49.439s
    <!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title --><!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Stoneman says F1 car a big step up<!-- end title -->
    Formula 2 champion Dean Stoneman said the level of aerodynamic grip offered by a Formula 1 car was the most significant step up after completing his maiden F1 test with Williams in Abu Dhabi today.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Aleshin expects F1 race seat in 2011<!-- end title -->
    Formula Renault 3.5 champion Mikhail Aleshin is confident that he can land a Formula 1 race drive next year after making his test debut for Renault in Abu Dhabi.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Gonzalez aimed for 'intelligent' display<!-- end title -->
    Rodolfo Gonzalez said his aim for his maiden Formula 1 test with Lotus in Abu Dhabi today was to do an 'intelligent' job for the team, before being given clearance to go for fast times tomorrow.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Mateschitz: RBR united by title success<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull chief Dietrich Mateschitz says his Formula 1 team is more united than ever due to its championship victories, and expects to keep his leading technical personnel on board as well as both drivers.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Vergne pleased with F1 debut<!-- end title -->
    Jean-Eric Vergne described his maiden Formula 1 test with Toro Rosso as a 'really good experience' and said he was surprised by how much the team was able to achieve.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ricciardo: I'm ready for F1 race seat<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull reserve driver Daniel Ricciardo believes he is now ready for a Formula 1 race seat after setting the pace on the opening day of the young driver test in Abu Dhabi.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Da Costa delighted to show his speed<!-- end title -->
    Formula 3 Euro Series race-winner Antonio Felix da Costa is hopeful that setting the third-fastest time on his Formula 1 testing debut will boost his profile and show his potential.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Maldonado boosted by Hispania test<!-- end title -->
    Pastor Maldonado is convinced that his impressive Formula 1 test with HRT in Abu Dhabi was a big day in his career as he chases a Williams drive for 2011.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had internet problems so i could not post earlier.

First of all congrats to Vettel. And i'm feeling sorry for Alonso, as his team's pit strategy him down. anyways best of luck for the next season.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    @steve..
    even if nobody is interested in GTG.. i don't wanna miss my treat.. or we can wait for sometime for others to respond.. PM your cell no. (if and whenever u want) so that we can figure out something in case its only u and me ...
    When And Where ....... I Am All So ready
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Webber: Driver tension spurred team on<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber believes his sometimes bitter rivalry with team-mate Sebastian Vettel during the 2010 season played a key part in spurring their Red Bull Racing team to its title successes.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Engine still a disadvantage, says Newey<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing's technical chief Adrian Newey believes the team is still losing out because the engine freeze rules leave its Renault V8 at a disadvantage, even though the squad swept to this year's championship.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Boullier: Team 'resurrected' in 2010<!-- end title -->
    Renault succeeded in 'resurrecting' itself during the 2010 season, claims its new team principal Eric Boullier after seeing the outfit finish the campaign with a strong showing in Abu Dhabi.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ricciardo still on top in Abu Dhabi<!-- end title -->
    Daniel Ricciardo continued to dominate the timesheets on the second and final morning of Formula 1 rookie testing at Yas Marina, posting a time just 0.154 seconds off Sebastian Vettel's pole position time for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Code:
    Abu Dhabi Rookie Testing 
    Day 2 Session 1
    Pos  Driver             Car          Time       Laps
     1.  Daniel Ricciardo   Red Bull     1m39.548s  45
     2.  Jules Bianchi      Ferrari      1m40.635s  62
     3.  Jerome D'Ambrosio  Renault      1m40.863s  27
     4.  Gary Paffett       McLaren      1m40.879s  46
     5.  Paul di Resta      Force India  1m40.901s  27
     6.  Jean-Eric Vergne   Toro Rosso   1m40.974s  43
     7.  Sam Bird           Mercedes     1m41.084s  47
     8.  Sergio Perez       Sauber       1m41.894s  38
     9.  Pastor Maldonado   Williams     1m42.850s  46
    10.  Luiz Razia         Virgin       1m43.950s  42
    11.  Rodolfo Gonzalez   Lotus        1m44.312s  41
    12.  Josef Kral         Hispania     1m44.752s  54
    13.  Yelmer Buurman     Force India  1m45.120s  14
    <!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->F1 decider attracts huge audiences<!-- end title -->
    The finale of Formula 1's epic 2010 title chase in Abu Dhabi last weekend attracted huge global television audiences, with many broadcasters reporting their highest F1 viewership figures in several years.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Hamilton: Button will boost team in '11<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton believes McLaren will be in a much stronger position as it prepares for 2011 now that his team-mate Jenson Button has been working with the squad for a full year and can get fully involved in winter development.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ricciardo dominates rookie testing<!-- end title -->
    Daniel Ricciardo completed his domination of the Formula 1 rookie test in Abu Dhabi, by setting a time 1.3 seconds faster than world champion Sebastian Vettel pole position lap for last Sunday's grand prix.

Code:
    Abu Dhabi Rookie Testing
    Day 2 Session 2
    Pos  Driver                Car          Time       Laps
     1.  Daniel Ricciardo      Red Bull     1m38.102s  77
     2.  Jerome D'Ambrosio     Renault      1m38.802s  83
     3.  Sam Bird              Mercedes     1m39.220s  82
     4.  Gary Paffett          McLaren      1m39.760s  84
     5.  Jules Bianchi         Ferrari      1m39.916s  93
     6.  Sergio Perez          Sauber       1m40.543s  91
     7.  Paul di Resta         Force India  1m40.901s  27
     8.  Pastor Maldonado      Williams     1m40.944s  81
     9.  Jean-Eric Vergne      Toro Rosso   1m40.974s  61
    10.  Yelmer Buurman        Force India  1m41.178s  67
    11.  Davide Valsecchi      Hispania     1m43.013s  32
    12.  Luiz Razia            Virgin       1m43.525s  70
    13.  Josef Kral            Hispania     1m44.143s  61
    14.  Rodolfo Gonzalez      Lotus        1m44.312s  41
    15.  Vladimir Arabadzhiev  Lotus        1m45.723s  49
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List