Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Seems like at 41, he is still quicker than our reigning world champion. Just another example of how mediocre a driver has been crowned world champion.

Asim ul Haq did every one proud indeed by beating Federer, who doesn't play a lot of doubles, and was playing without his regular doubles partner, but still, it's no mean feat to defeat Roger Federer.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I was going through different topics on planetf1's forum when I came to a topic discussing Hamilton's Abu Dhabi GP brakes problem and in that the opening post was referring to BBC's pit lane reporter Ted Kravitz report about the GP in which he has describe what was the problem with the Hamilton's car. The part which really deserves attention is about Brawn's next season planning as Ross told him that they have start working on next season's car as early as June just after Turkish GP and if this is true then I must say Ross Brawn is not only an intelligent aero engineer but a real genius team manager because using some amount of what Honda had give him for this season to work on next season's car is a real brave and intelligent decision. Here is the link
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/f1mole/20...habi-gran.html

Yes, it is a great achievement by Aisam but look at the way our nation have receive this achievement no news of congratulations to him apart from the tennis federation.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

There was quite a bit of interesting info on the link you posted. Poor Brits, can't quite understand why they might end up without a GP of their own after producing back to back world champions Moving on to the Brawn situation, doubt they will produce anything near the car they had this season. Ross Brawn is very good but the car they had this year had the might of Honda behind it, a works team, and they had the DD diffuser. Without the DD diffuser they would have been caught very early on in the season. Even with all that, their rivals missed open goals to win any title. Their likely competition next year will be of the ruthless variety, be it in the form of Alonso, Hamilton, Massa or Kubica. Might still have Raikkonen on the grid although it is looking increasingly unlikely. Even within the team, Roseberg will be a tougher competitor than Rubens and at Red Bull Vettel will have matured a lot after this season. Realistically, Brawn GP has no hope of being at the front unless they come up with something that others have not thought and others, most notably Ferrari and Mclaren make a hash of things. If i were Ferrari or Mclaren, i would worry about Red Bull and what Adrian Newey might come up with, than lose too much sleep over Brawn GP.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h1Michael Schumacher vs Adrian Newey, 1991-2008 (F1 in numbers)/h1

Michael Schumacher’s biggest rival was not a driver but a designer: Adrian Newey.

So said K last week in the comments on an article about which driver won the most races. Journeyer suggested a graph showing how the seven-times world champion compared with the man who designed title-winners for McLaren and Williams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2PF1's Prediction Bloopers & Troopers/h2

PF1's Michelle Foster, Frank Hopkinson and Pete Gill, plus Skybet's Dave Pilgrim and Autotrader's Keith Collantine looked at their crystal balls at the start of the season. Some were dustier than others...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rosberg: 2009 results raised my value
    Nico Rosberg believes he has increased his standing in the paddock with his performances in 2009.

STR hopeful about first non-Red Bull car
    Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost is optimistic that the need to construct its own car in 2010 will not mean his squad loses ground, but admitted that there could be a difficult transition period.

Tost certain rookie pair will blossom
    Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost expects Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari to have enough experience to show their true potential by the middle of the 2010 season.

Brawn: Team can be even stronger
    Ross Brawn believes that his team can be even stronger next season, thanks to beginning work on its definitive 2010 car far earlier than a year ago.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sam Michael: Blame tracks for lack of passing

Williams technical director Sam Michael believes that circuit design is currently the biggest reason for the lack of on-track overtaking in Formula 1.

Wholesale aerodynamic rule changes brought in for this season in order to allow cars to pass each other more easily, but Michael still thinks that more can be done at the tracks to improve the spectacle for fans.

"I think that clearly the changes made the cars easier to follow, however, there's a lot of work that still needs to be done," said Michael.

"One of the things that wasn't addressed in the 2009 rule changes was circuit design. If you look at tracks like Barcelona where nobody overtakes, and take exactly the same cars to tracks like Monza, Hockenheim etc, there's plenty of overtaking. The difference is circuit layout.

"Organisers need to look closer at creating slower speed corners which feed onto straights, and at removing chicanes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Battle of the engines
    With the 2009 championship now completed, Mercedes can bask in the knowledge that its engines were the dominating force in Formula One this year, with rival Renault taking second place ahead of Toyota, Ferrari and BMW.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Williams aiming for the next level
    Williams enjoyed a strong start to the season with Nico Rosberg notching up 25.5 of his eventual 34.5 points in the first ten rounds of the championship. The team - along with Brawn and Toyota - got the jump on their rivals at the start of the year by running the double diffuser concept, something later adopted by the rest of the field.

However, the latter stages of the season saw Williams drop down the championship table to finish in seventh position overall, a fact not lost on technical director Sam Michael as the team look to make gain in 2010.

“2009 was a good step forward from where we’ve been in previous seasons, particularly from an aerodynamic perspective and in terms of consistency of the car across different tracks,” he said. “It was a very competitive season this year with only a second covering the field at some races, so it was also satisfying when we were getting an extra one or two tenths out the car at those tracks. Overall, this year was a good step forward, but we didn’t end it where we wanted to be.”

Rosberg is off to either Brawn or McLaren next season while Kazuki Nakajima has been dropped by the team following the decision to move from Toyota engines to Cosworth. With the FW32 in development and with Rubens Barrichello and Nico Hulkenberg joining the team, Michael remains bullish over the team’s chances in 2010.

“It’s a big aero race over the winter to see how much downforce you can add and drag you can take off,” he explained. “It’s also a matter of optimising all the different design parts and mechanical development as well. Both are areas of intense activity at the moment and we’re making good progress, but there’s still a lot to do.

“Our objective is to push everything to a much higher level from the solid base that we had with the FW31; from our drivers to the engines, chassis and trackside performance. Everyone in the factory is up for that and we want it to be a year about moving to the next level. We need to re-establish ourselves as one of the top teams and 2010 is our best opportunity to do that.”

While Hulkenberg shone in GP2 and Barrichello is a known quantity, the decision to run Cosworth engines next year is one area of uncertainty.

“Cosworth have a lot of work to do over the winter on the dynos, particularly on fuel consumption but, in terms of performance and reliability, it will be difficult to judge how competitive they are until we get out on track,” he said. “They are an engineering-led company, they’re pushing hard and what we’ve seen so far is encouraging.

The team will take the opportunity of conducting a ‘young driver’ test in December, running F2 champion Andy Soucek for one day and then Hulkenberg for the remaining two days. The new FW32 is scheduled to run for the first time in February.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Here is a topic from Planetf1 forum, I suggest you should bookmark it till December 1 and also a Joe Saward article regarding Mercedes/McLaren relationship plus Mercedes plan of Brawn's buyout.

Schumi's B194 is on sale on ebay, here is the link B194 for Sale
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

The idea of Button at Mclaren seems a little far fetched. Hamilton would love it, Mclaren would too, and so would Mercedes, but I am not so sure about Button wanting to go up against Hamilton, just like Hamilton will not be looking forward to having Raikkonen as his team mate. Having seen Button this season in a competitive and then an uncompetitive car, he will be made to look second grade if up against Hamilton, although next year's rules might favor a driver with Button's style of driving.
    The link showing Schumacher's car has one odd thing about it, the steering wheel. It's not one that was used in `94. That was a round steering wheel unlike the one shown in the pics.
    Rumors of Mercedes buying out Brawn have been circulating for some time. Read something about it on James Allen's blog. Pasting some of it here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Brawn name could disappear and cars run as Silver Arrows next season

The World Champion’s number one plate could once again appear on a Silver Arrow next season.
    Reports in Germany suggest that a deal is being discussed whereby the Brawn GP name could disappear after just one all conquering season in Formula 1 and the champions would be rebranded as Mercedes from next season onwards.
    According to Auto Motor und Sport, the deal for Mercedes to acquire 75% of Brawn, via its main shareholder Aabar, is in the closings stages and now it is a question of negotiation with McLaren as to whether Mercedes is able to rebrand the team starting next year. Mercedes still has a contract with McLaren until the end of 2011 and McLaren-Mercedes sponsors, like Vodafone and Johnnie Walker are contracted forwards several years. So it is a question of what those deals are predicated upon, in terms of the look and feel of the cars, the branding and naming rights as to whether Mercedes can run its cars as Silver Arrows or whether this would be a conflict. There will be a deal to be struck as there will over the valuation of Mercedes 40% shareholding in the team.
    For Mercedes Brawn this represents a chance to start more or less afresh, cutting loose from the “scandals” of the last three years and conflicting road car projects. They want a controlling interest in a winning team and would never have got that from McLaren. This opportunity comes at a time when costs have been greatly reduced in F1.
    It also offers the company its first opportunity to work with Ross Brawn, having raced against him in sportscars (when Ross was at Jaguar) and F1 (when Ross was with Benetton and Ferrari). As well as retaining a shareholding he is likely to be the subject of a “key man” clause in the sale contract which will tie him to staying on at the helm for a period of time – perhaps three or five years.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default The Hindsight

@UK
    Amazingly enough I have read James Allen's article and as I know that you are keen follower of his articles so thought not to post it here and thatswhy I go for JoeSaward article. Well it is a win win situation for McLaren if Button joins them next season because they get a WDC who have to be a British and it would be the first time since Senna and Prost when McLaren have 2 WDC's driving for them next season, Plus McLaren becomes a full time British team. Hamilton try to show he is the best British driver while Button try to prove he is a worthy champion. The only hind sight for McLaren is when these 2 got tangle into a battle The Matador from the Reds will get a clear way towards his destiny with more ease and that would be really awesome.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota's TF1-10 design for sale

Completed 2010 designs up for sale

Toyota's completed 2010 Formula One car, the TF110, is reportedly available for purchase by other teams.
    The French newspaper Le Parisien said that despite the Japanese manufacturer deciding to pull out of F1 immediately, its Cologne-based team had completed the design for next season.
    USF1 and Manor would be the most likely potential customers, given that fellow new entrant Lotus is working with Aerolab on its 2010 car, and the Dallara-built Campos chassis has already passed its front and lateral FIA crash tests.
    Meanwhile, development of Sauber/Qadbak's car has been continuous despite BMW's withdrawal, and although Toro Rosso must for the first time be a full constructor in 2010, work on the Faenza-based team's next car is well advanced.
    It is also believed that the car design of the rejected 2010 entrant Lola is for sale, after a 50% scale wind tunnel model dubbed the MB-01 was revealed recently.

SIGNE.A. © CAPSIS International
    Source: GMM

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 376
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good to see alonso in ferrari.....waiting to see him testing the new car

BTW why ban for him till feb?
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

It would be a win win for all of them but for Button, unless he is really stupid or maybe very clever and knows another world title is not likely, so why not take more money from Mclaren. Looking at the 2009 rules, the will favor a driver like him, where you start will full fuel tanks and need to be smooth, look after the car, tires with an eye to going on as long as possible on one set of tires. The difference between lap 1 to the last lap would be somewhere around 5 seconds per lap.
    Brawn GP might be on to something given the stability in rules next season, and whilst i don't expect them to have anywhere near the advantage they enjoyed this season, they will be one of the front running teams. One would think Red Bull would be the team to beat next season after their strong end of the season form and the lack of testing allowed but one can never be sure about Adrian Newey. A genius, who can at times go berserk and produce a dog of a car as he did with Mclaren, i think it was in 2003, when the car he made Mclaren spend millions on never raced.

@rozzzzz

It's not a ban for him alone, it's a ban for everyone as a means of cost cutting measures taken up by the teams. In Alonso's case, he might have some contractual issues which need to be sorted out which might get in the way of him being able to participate in Ferrari's end of season celebrations in Valencia this coming weekend.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brawn: Car makers will return to F1

The world's major car manufacturers will return to Formula 1 in the future, according to Brawn team boss Ross Brawn. Formula 1 has lost three car makers over the last 12 months following the exits of Honda, BMW and now Toyota, who announced last week it was pulling out of the sport with immediate effect.
    Japanese tyre maker Bridgestone has also revealed it will quit the sport at the end of next season.
    Brawn, however, remains hopeful that the likes of Honda will return to Formula 1 once the recession is over.
    "They've obviously decided that this is how they need to respond to difficulties they are facing, but they have got a lot of history in Formula 1, particularly Honda and Bridgestone, so let's hope," Brawn told Reuters.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Some Classic Videos

FIA criticises Briatore's data leaking
    The FIA has condemned the leaking of documents from Flavio Briatore's legal case against Formula 1's ruling body.

@UK
    I don't know whether you have seen these videos or not so I am posting these here. I like these videos because of the way these are been edited by the poster. All the videos are edited and posted by the same, but on the account of violation of copyright act and also because of FOM and Bernie's disliking the poster's Youtube account was banned and now someone else have posted these video with giving credit to the original poster.

F1 Gladiators Tribute

F1 Passion and Excitement

F1 Action and Drama

There are more videos from the same poster that I will post in future.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso to attend Ferrari World Finals

Fernando Alonso will be able to attend the Ferrari World Finals in Valencia this weekend, after the Renault team allowed the Spaniard to be at the event with his new team. Alonso, who will drive for Ferrari from next season, was in doubt for the Spanish event as he still has contractual obligations with Renault.
    However, the two-time champion will finally be able to attend the event.
    Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali was thankful to Renault for the gesture.
    "We are pleased that Fernando will be able to attend what, for us, is a very important event," said Domenicali.
    "It will be a great opportunity for all our fans who will be able to give him a warm welcome and for Fernando, who, for the first time, will be able to see and experience an insider's view of the world of Ferrari.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gascoyne trusts Lotus will be on pace

Lotus F1 Racing technical director Mike Gascoyne is confident that his team will not fall off the pace of the established teams when it makes its debut next season. There are fears that the four brand new teams - Lotus, Team US F1, Campos Meta and Manor Grand Prix - will struggle to be near the pace of the nine existing outfits next season, but Gascoyne believes that although there is a danger of a "two-tier F1", his team will not be too far off the pace.
    "There is a risk that there will be a pack at the back, but we don't intend to be in it," Gascoyne told AUTOSPORT.
    "Our aim is to be pretty close. F1 has been incredibly competitive this year with all of the teams within 1.5 seconds and I hope that we are not going to be far off that group.
    "Where the other new teams are, we will have to wait and see."

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 183 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

User Tag List