Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lotus makes track debut at Jerez<!-- end title -->
    Lotus has completed its first run alongside the rest of the Formula 1 field as this week's Jerez test got underway this morning.

Aldar sells Yas Marina circuit<!-- end title -->
    The developer of the Yas Marina circuit has sold the track to the Abu Dhabi government, according to local media.

Indian driver Chandhok linked to Stefan drive
    Indian GP2 driver Karun Chandhok has reportedly signed for F1 hopefuls Stefan GP.

@UK
    Lotus is not using power steering and I must say that without power steering Fauzy has done an excellent job.
    From Autosport live testing
    @tonyfernandes: 50 laps done. Without power steering FAUZY has done an awesome job. 1.31 2 seconds behind williams and 3 ahead of virgin.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    What is this

14:57 The high-tech world of Formula 1 is sometimes... not so high-tech
    Massa's Ferrari with a bag on rear wing and diffuser
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -37751

14:59 Massa is finally back on track with the Ferrari
    14:59 This time without any bags covering his rear wing and diffuser
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel fastest as testing resumes<!-- end title -->
    Sebastian Vettel put Red Bull at the head of the order on a test day for the first time in 2010, as the third pre-season test got underway with another wet day at Jerez.

Jerez Testing II Day 1
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -37774
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

That is funny, given that a lot of pictures are taken of this very car, the F10, not only because it's a Ferrari, but also since the tests are in Spain, and the obvious interest in it because of Fernando Alonso. The team must think there is something they can hide by putting the black cover/bag over it's rear wing when it was towed back to the pits. Still, how exactly do these teams hide these things is beyond me.
    Have you been following the tests as they go? You should, if you are not because the jokes about Virgin GP are such that they cannot be reproduced here but are extremely funny. Claire Williams, daughter of Frank Williams, on twitter is very good too, giving the latest info though we can do without the pics she puts up. At least she is funny about them.
    Looks like the car you were waiting for, Lotus, has made a very decent start, unlike the oh so Virgin GP Doing good laps without power steering. All the news is about Stefan GP actually being on the grid and USF1, having fallen apart and youtube pulling sponsorship etc etc.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I am not able to follow the testing completely but every now and then take updates from Autosport live, so don't knows what kind of jokes they are making about Virgin GP but still have some idea because of the offseason discussion about the team from PlanetF1 and Autosport forum and yes they certainly are funny and but not reproducing type on here. As for why I was waiting for the Lotus is simple because out of the 4 new teams they are only one who have used both types of car designing i.e. WindTunnel and CFD, while Virgin is totally CFD based car and almost the whole grid has a unanimous thought about them is only CFD will not work as expected. The other 2 teams are having serious troubles and I think if I remember correctly that USF1 was aiming of desiging a car with only using WindTunnel while Campos is using a chasis built by Dallara who are good at building chasis and certainly have used both methods to design the Campos car. There are more rumours regarding Virgin GP that their Cosworth engine is rebadged to Russian Supercar manufacturer Marussia.
    Although no confirmation has come about that.

As for Stefan GP the rumours are now starting to become confusing as there are 2 contradicting rumours emerge one is stating that Stefan GP has not paid the dues to Toyota for the TF110 chasis and the equipment could be up for sale by next week again while on Autosport Forum in a topic regarding StefanGP a pic of Nakajima sitting in a Stefan GP car during a seat fitting experiment.

The joke about Ferrari's pic is it is an airbag which will be used incase Hamilton is behind them in the pits.

Now some blogs regarding Stefan GP and Campos situtation
    Joe Saward's
    Why Stefan GP wants more grid slots and

Will Buxton's
    Campos Out, Kolles In… Team Saved?

Lotus hails 'excellent' first day of work<!-- end title -->
    Lotus chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne hailed the team's public debut at Jerez as "very successful" after a promising first outing for the T127 car.

Di Resta happy with Force India run<!-- end title -->
    Paul di Resta has declared himself pleased with his half-day at the wheel of Force India's VJM-03 at Jerez today, despite the test being affected by constantly-changing weather.

Lotus thrilled with early reliability<!-- end title -->
    The Lotus F1 team was thrilled to complete a trouble-free first day of official Formula 1 testing at Jerez on Wednesday.

Toro Rosso eager for dry running<!-- end title -->
    Toro Rosso is hoping for more stable conditions over the remainder of this week's Jerez test after admitting that the frequently-changing weather during the opening day of running made it difficult to advance with its programme.

De la Rosa desperate for dry test day<!-- end title -->
    Pedro de la Rosa says he is "desperate" for some dry running after yet another test day at Jerez was compromised by bad weather.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Villeneuve Joins Stefan GP
    Exklusiv: Kazuki Nakajima steht als erster Stefan-Pilot definitiv fest, mit Jacques Villeneuve ist sich das Team einig - Karun Chandhok wird Testfahrer.

Google Translation:
    Villeneuve in Formula-1-Comeback!
    Exclusive: Kazuki Nakajima has definitely established as the first pilot Stefan, with Jacques Villeneuve, the team agreed - Karun Chandhok will test drivers
    (Motorsport Total.com) - Zoran Stefanovic still has no starting place for the upcoming Formula 1 season, but his ambitions, he still leaves no doubt. How 'motorsport Total.com' has learned from reliable sources, are the drivers of the Serbian Stefan teams now as good as solid - and one of the three men is an old friend!

Stefanovic has reportedly agreed to for some time with the former Williams driver Kazuki Nakajima. The fact that the Japanese would be on board, was more or less clear from the start - probably a concession to Toyota, including the car manufacturers has developed those cars to be employed by the Stefan-team in the upcoming season. Nakajima is still Toyota Executive driver would have otherwise, and in Formula 1 was unemployed.

Agree in principle, signature is missing
    But the far bigger surprise is number two driver: Jacques Villeneuve, Formula 1 world champion in 1997, agrees with Stefanovic, as regards cooperation in the 2010 season! The Canadians wanted to return after his abortive trip NASCAR necessarily in the premier class, brought in the winter with his physiotherapist Erwin Gollner in Austria in good shape physically and burns for a comeback.

If everything goes according to plan, will Nakajima and Villeneuve from 25 February in Portimão for the first time the 2010s-Toyota total package (including chassis, engine and transmission test). Whether the third driver, the Indian Karun Chandhok will be one of the party, still eludes our understanding. Chandhok was traded by some media, first as a teammate of Nakajima, but must now take on the substitutes bench.

Stands out, however, as is the Stefan-looking trio, because yesterday the finished racing overalls for the drivers and the rest of the team uniforms for the crew have arrived in Belgrade. Just as the two cars are decorated in red overalls, the Serbian Olympic movement. It is unclear yet, which sponsors sticker and be in the future are closer to the cars and on the overalls.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Barrichello on top at damp Jerez<!-- end title -->
    Rubens Barrichello put Williams on top of the times at the Jerez circuit on Thursday, as poor weather conditions continued to hamper the teams' preparations for the start of the season.

Jerez Testing II Day 2
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -38627

Massa laments poor track conditions<!-- end title -->
    Felipe Massa was left lamenting the poor track conditions on the second day of this week's testing at the Jerez circuit on Thursday.

Kovalainen: Lotus has good potential<!-- end title -->
    Heikki Kovalainen believes the new Lotus T127 has fundamentally good potential, although he acknowledged that the team would take a while to get fully up to speed.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Virgin: Reliability problems are solved<!-- end title -->
    Virgin Racing has overcome the reliability issues that hampered its running early in the Jerez test, according to the team's technical director Nick Wirth.

Buemi targets regular points in 2010
    Sebastien Buemi says he is much better prepared for his second season of Formula 1 and believes he will be able to finish in the points on a regular basis this year.

Interview with Sebastian Vettel
    Sebastian Vettel has completed his running in the second week of testing at Jerez, with Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber taking over for Friday and Saturday.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this thread should renamed to GENIUS KRACKER FORMULA 1 2010.

no offense to any one this is only suggestion

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sato says he wanted competitive drive<!-- end title -->
    Takuma Sato says driving for one of Formula 1's new teams was never an option for him, after the Japanese driver confirmed he is moving to the IndyCar championship this year.

Stefan GP fires up Formula 1 car<!-- end title -->
    Stefan GP's Formula 1 car has been fired up as the Serbian squad pushes on with its plans to race this year despite not having an entry.

Ferrari finds solution for faster tyre changes
    Ferrari has designed a new wheel nut in an effort to lower its tyre-changing time ahead of the season opener in Bahrain.

@alliereyaz
    None taken, but just a simple question why are other F1 fans are not joining our discussion.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

seriously yar in your thread its easy for me to get every news from f1 and im the huge huge fan of f1 and lewis hamilton. but not enough knowledge about tech of f1.
    btw keep up the good work and there is only few in our country or city who knows about f1 every body is stick with F******* cricket.....cricket sux.....the pinnacle of sports is F1.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alliereyaz
    Bro, just to clarify one thing I have start watching F1 back in 2004 and the reason was I have huge interest in cars and motorsports but don't know much about the technical stuff in the start so internet came to help me in this regards and now I have learned some technical stuff but still a learner of this sport. On Pakwheels I have said previously and I must say it again that UncleKracker is my teacher as he is the one who shows me the way to understand F1 much better then before.
    Also thanks for the complement.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kimis gone to wrc.... how bad, he was a good driver

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dunno abt others, but i regularly visit this thread, thanks for keeping it upto date

vellineuve back, wah this is hot news. (y)(Y)
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Webber dominates dry day at Jerez<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber and his Red Bull Racing team returned to the top of the timesheets at Jerez as the weather finally gave the teams a break on Friday.

Jerez Testing II Day 3
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -39136
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my money is on hamilton....button.....button.....his luck will not work in this season... coz big boyz are back with vengeance...

and please yar we all know kimi is in wrc its old news now.....so please leave kimi alone...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@alliereyaz
    Agreed 100%
    Now "Say no to Cricket"
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Finally a decent day's testing and a sightly better picture emerging. Tomorrow is said to be mostly dry too, showers expected only in the evening, so we can look forward to more running from the teams.
    Interesting day, Webber's time was done only on a five lap stint and anyway all the teams are sand bagging as the times are way off the fastest around this track. Tomorrow might be a different story and we might see some teams show their hand. The true test, of course is Barcelona, If your car is fast there, it will work everywhere.
    Mclaren looks very good. Button did a pretty decent time and if he is able to get that kind of time then Hamilton will be able to get a lot more from the car. Again, the fuel loads are a mystery. There were a couple of interesting indicators though, most interesting was Alonso and Schumacher on track at the same time with the same compound of tires and almost identical stint. Alonso's being 2 laps longer and this is how their times went;
    14:21 And Schumacher pits too. His stint was 10 laps, averaging 1m22.4s and with a best of 1m21.9s.

14:21 Alonso comes in after a 12 lap run averaging 1m21.8s and with a top time of 1m21.427s.

Read what you want into it, but I would rather be in the Ferrari camp right now than the Mercedes camp. They, Mercedes, are trying to sort out the front of the car, and Ferrari are waiting for their new DD diffuser to arrive.

Sauber did a 7 lap stint at one point, their low fuel run and their time being;
    15:50 Stats from the Sauber driver's stint: seven laps with a best of 1m22.2s and an average of 1m22.6s.

Red Bull, Williams, and Renault did the following on their shorter stints;
    Webber did 17 laps with an average of 1m23.8s and a best of 1m22.8s.
    Hulkenberg did 12 laps with an average of 1m23.3s and a best of 1m22.7s.
    Just five laps for Kubica, a best of 1m22.2s and an average of 1m23.9s.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Hmmm, so you have started posting Virgin news Virgin reliability problems solved, lol if you insist Ferrari has found a new way to mess up their pitstops i suppose with that wheel nut.
    Now only if they would ban cricket in this country as part of my third and final wish. I don't care about losing as far as ones team gives its best. Not the way we have been losing, sometimes within 3-4 days in test matches, being bowled out chasing 120 something runs etc etc.

@alliereyaz
    Non taken and everyone, all of us started like that at some stage in our life, little or no knowledge of F1. Nothing wrong about that or a need to feel embarrassed. We all ask each other questions here and try to understand it better. So, if ever you have a question about any aspect, please ask freely. All that are regulars of this thread will try their best to answer it. More will start visiting the thread in the coming weeks, regulars like Beglar, Nightsurfer, Comtrak, sub7er, raptor and others.

@RedBull_ar
    That's a better avatar than the red helmet

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kovalainen admits Lotus lacks downforce<!-- end title -->
    Heikki Kovalainen admits that his Lotus car's main problem is the lack of downforce, but the Finn is hopeful the team will be able to make progress with time.

Carabante takes over Campos team<!-- end title -->
    The Campos Meta team has confirmed that Jose Ramon Carabante has taken full control of the Spanish outfit, with former Midland, Spyker and Force India boss Colin Kolles being appointed as team principal instead of team founder Adrian Campos.

Button: Ferrari strongest at present<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button believes the Ferrari is the strongest-looking car after the first full dry day of testing at Jerez this week.

@UK
    You are one naughty person, Well apart from Frank William's daughter, I think RedBull's Twitter guy is the best and with a good sense of humour.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List