Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NS

Who would have thought a year or two back, you and i would be cheering for the same team, maybe different drivers within that team but the same team nevertheless. I am really happy to see someone else other than me who is upset at seeing Schumacher making a return. We, you and I, have different sentiments about him but his genius and greatness was never in doubt, ever. I just don't like seeing great sportsmen producing work long after their time has passed, clinging onto a sport they dominated once. Lance Armstrong did it and now Schumacher is doing it. Eddie Jordan doesn't make sense most of the time but the one thing he said in the interview was right on the money, " you should give up the sport rather than the sport give you up " Schumacher, nothing to prove, a man who holds just about every record there is in F1, and most probably we won't see anyone break that in our life time. Why come back? Some would say, he is back for fun, couldn't resist the temptation. Maybe true but my argument is, whilst it might be true for most people, some like him, Federer, Woods, Armstrong, and the likes have a legacy to protect and should resist that temptation. Of course, he can prove people wrong and win tomorrow but the odds of an asteroid hitting the planet are better.
    Alonso-Massa, no competition. Firstly, different rules this year. Races won't be short sprints like they used to be, where a Massa or a Hamilton could run for 15-20 laps, finish their tires, pit for fuel and new tires and repeat. A tactician is more likely to come out on top with these rules, a more intelligent driver. Secondly, Massa is an excellent front runner, all his wins have come either from pole or second place. The guy has never won from a lower position than second. He likes certain tracks like Bahrain and Turkey, and always goes well there but to be a regular threat to a field so talented, he 'll need to be on it every race and be capable of coming through the field if something happens to him in qualifying. Don't see that happening with him. He might just might have an edge in the first few races before Alonso settles down at Ferrari, after that .................

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default F1's 60 Years Celebration Event: Former Champs and Championship Winning Cars

@All
    Bahrain has seen the full history of 60 years of F1 in 1 day. As FOM and FIA decided that the 2010 season opener will also
    celebrate 60 years of F1 with all the living former champions and some of the former championship winner cars.

1950 Ferrari 125 'Thinwall'
    Driven by Nigell Mansell
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48129attach

1951 Ferrari 375
    Driven by unknown
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48130attach

1952 Ferrari 500 F2
    Driven by Kevin Wheatcroft
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48135attach

1954 Mercedes-Benz W196
    Driven by David Coulthard
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48131attach

1957 Maserati 250F
    Driven by Juan Fangio II
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48132attach

1960 Cooper-Climax T53
    Driven by unknown
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48133attach

1962 BRM P57 'stackpipe'
    Driven by unknown
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48136attach

1963 Lotus-Climax 25
    Driven by unknown
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48137attach

1968 Lotus-Ford 49
    Driven by Joshua Hill Grandson of Graham Hill
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48138attach

1969 Matra-Ford MS80
    Driven by Jackie Stewart
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48139attach

1972 Lotus-Ford 72
    Driven by Emmerson Fittipaldi
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48141attach

1973 Tyrrell-Ford 006
    Driven by Jackie Stewart's son Mark Stewart
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48142attach

1976 McLaren-Ford M23
    Driven by Rich Hall

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48146attach

1978 Lotus-Ford 79
    Driven by Mario Andretti
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48143attach

1979 Ferrari 312T4
    Driven by Jody Sheckter
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48144attach

1982 Williams-Ford FW08
    Driven by Keke Rosberg
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48145attach

1996 Williams-Renault FW17
    Driven by Damon Hill
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48147attach
    Attached Images Attached Images                  
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ great history review...wish could watch it live on TV..and i figured Mesaratti too in pictures..great..

Quote Originally Posted by UncleKracker View Post
    @NS
    Alonso-Massa, no competition. Firstly, different rules this year. Races won't be short sprints like they used to be, where a Massa or a Hamilton could run for 15-20 laps, finish their tires, pit for fuel and new tires and repeat. A tactician is more likely to come out on top with these rules, a more intelligent driver. Secondly, Massa is an excellent front runner, all his wins have come either from pole or second place. The guy has never won from a lower position than second. He likes certain tracks like Bahrain and Turkey, and always goes well there but to be a regular threat to a field so talented, he 'll need to be on it every race and be capable of coming through the field if something happens to him in qualifying. Don't see that happening with him. He might just might have an edge in the first few races before Alonso settles down at Ferrari, after that .................
    UncleKracker right u r..both in mclaren and ferrari button and alonso are smooth runners...but one thing's puzzling me... is it the rule that they will have to start race from 'same set of tyres' they qualified with or the 'same compound of tyres' they qualified with?...hope u get my question..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

great pics

@m_waqas

Sadly the FIA won't let us enjoy proper qualifying. It's the same set of tires they post their fastest lap time on in Q3, and not the same compound. So, if a driver say flat spots his tire during a qualifying run, he's shafted. To create artificial excitement he will have to start the race with the same set.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations, to Alonso fans for a well deserved victory.

Bahrain GP Race Result
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48340attach

@UK and m_waqas
    Thanks for liking the pics. UK, as I said Lotus is a better car because it is a car developed using both technologies while Virgin is only CFD based car and today's race just prove it both Lotus finish while both Virgins retires.
    I am feeling sorry for Vettel.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I felt bad for Vettel, when he asked his team if they could do anything to fix it and they said nothing, nothing it's a mechanical problem. Lucious Liz didn't come through for him today( pun intended). Those are things that come with Adrian Newey designed cars. The exhausts on the Red Bull are so different and it had given them problems in winter testing. In high temperature like today they were always going to be marginal. Red Bull starts 10kg lighter than others, Renault engine needing less fuel and around a track like this it was worth 4 tenths of a second per lap. Thats where his early run away lead came from. Ferrari always had something in hand, at least Alonso did, and they would have attacked Vettel towards the end. Whether they would have gotten passed him is a different matter.
    I ' m very happy for Alonso, almost a dream start. The only thing missing from this performance was pole. He joins Raikkonen and Mansell, who moved to Ferrari and won on Ferrari debut. Massa has a mountain to climb, perhaps not as big as beglar, who has to construct a podium some where

@genius83
    Lotus being ahead of others should never have been in any doubt, least of all because of the people they have onboard including their drivers, a proper set up and sponsored by a country.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso is back on a prancing horse, truly magical moment.

RBR had some reliability issues last year as well, bad day for Vettel but i am sure he will be back with vengeance. i hope Ferrari pulls out a good year this time. Force India has come along a long way too but Adrian Sutil is probably the most unluckiest guy on the grid. I feel bad for him.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hail Alonso!!...really happy...i myself felt bad for Vettel especially when Hamilton overtook him...

but god what a boring race...i mean no overtaking at the front..it was like following a virtual safety car...

Sadly the FIA won't let us enjoy proper qualifying. It's the same set of tires they post their fastest lap time on in Q3, and not the same compound. So, if a driver say flat spots his tire during a qualifying run, he's shafted. To create artificial excitement he will have to start the race with the same set.
    thanks buddy for clarifying...that sucks..so we r going to have races where drivers are too scared to overtake in order to preserve their tyres...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good race for Ferrari (Y) i'm glad both my favorite drivers ( Alonso & Massa ) performed well. I'm excited about this season, its going to be fun.

By the way, has any of you subscribed to F1.com text message service? I did, it updates you via text message in practice, qualifying and race. And its free.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Massa delighted with second on return<!-- end title -->
    Felipe Massa said he was thrilled to mark his return to Formula 1 with a second place finish, even though he lost out to his ultimately victorious Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso at the start.

Alonso celebrates 'very special' day<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso celebrated what he labelled as a very special day after scoring victory on his debut with the Ferrari team in Bahrain.

Hamilton rues stint behind Rosberg<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton reckoned he might have had a chance to keep up with the leaders in the Bahrain Grand Prix had he not lost out to Nico Rosberg on the opening lap.

Schumacher regrets lack of action<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher said he enjoyed his return to racing at the Bahrain Grand Prix, although the German suggested the strategies this year will not make for great racing.

Vettel: Failure cost us the win
    Sebastian Vettel believes he would have won the Bahrain Grand Prix had he not suffered an apparent probem with his car's exhaust with 20 laps to go.

Sauber laments double retirement<!-- end title -->
    Team boss Peter Sauber was left disappointed after his team endured a poor start to the season at the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Button 'too conservative' with tyres<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button declared himself happy with a seventh-placed finish as he opened his world title defence, but admitted afterwards that he was too conservative in his protection of the tyres.

Horner 'desperately frustrated' for Vettel<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing team boss Christian Horner described himself as 'desperately frustrated' that a technical failure cost Sebastian Vettel victory in the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Liuzzi says points finish is magic<!-- end title -->
    Force India driver Tonio Liuzzi says scoring points at the Bahrain Grand Prix was 'magic' after finishing in ninth position at Sakhir.

Lotus boss hails dream result in Bahrain<!-- end title -->
    Lotus boss Tony Fernandes was short for words to describe his happiness after the team got both its cars to the finish of the Bahrain Grand Prix on its first outing.

Kubica laments first-lap incident
    Robert Kubica says his first-lap incident at the Bahrain Grand Prix robbed him of a strong finish in the points.

Wirth: Virgin pace justifies CFD<!-- end title -->
    Virgin Racing's technical director Nick Wirth says his team's performance at the Bahrain Grand Prix justifies its all-CFD design approach.

Changes urged to improve show<!-- end title -->
    McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh believes Formula 1 needs to consider immediate rules tweaks to spice up the spectacle after new rules failed to deliver an exciting race in Bahrain.

Senna relieved to get some running<!-- end title -->
    Bruno Senna was happy to have completed nearly 20 laps of the Bahrain Grand Prix on his HRT team's debut race.

Montezemolo praises Ferrari's work<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said he was extremely proud of the Italian squad after a perfect start to the season in Bahrain.

Vettel hit by engine, not exhaust issue<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing has revealed that Sebastian Vettel's chances of winning the Bahrain Grand Prix were hit by an engine problem, and not by an issue with the exhaust as the team initially reported.

@m_waqas
    Are you sure F1.com is not charging any fee for providing updates via sms because if this is true then how could Bernie agreed to provide vital info without any fee. F1.com is FOM's website remember that.

Okay, if they really want to increase the excitement then do the following things:
    1) Remove the compulsory 2 tire compounds rule, bring only one tire compound for the race and also bring the second tire as a qualfying tire.
    2) Compulsory 2 pitstops should be enforced.
    And then we may be have some better races. As all the teams will qualify on different tires and race on different tires with 2 pitstops mandotary chances of lead changes will increase.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ genius83

it me not m_waqas, yes they are not charging anything.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A couple of things quickly. 1) Vettel is not yet the finished article that people think he is or should have been by this time. His lap times are all over the place once he started having that problem, they vary from 2 minutes 3 seconds to 2 minutes 1 second. I have not seen the full lap chart but I 'm sure someone will post it, most probably genius83. He started missing apexes by quite some way.
    2) Mandatory 2 stops cannot happen without the consent of all the teams. Why should Williams, or Toro Rosso or Sauber agree to that? They have a better chance of getting good points this way. The suggestion put forward by James Allen looks more feasible. Read his article here Here

@genius83
    I think it was zia1288, and not m_waqas. You are taking Schumacher's return and subsequent performance rather badly it seems

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bbooooRRRRiiinnnggg race
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Zia1288
    Sorry bro, shoul have rechecked my post before posting.

@UK
    No I have not take Schumi's performance badly but rather bamboozled by the news that FOM is providing such service for free because when was the last time they have provide something for free, they even don't attend the funeral without getting paid for it(pun intended).

Now serious question How will FIA implement 107% rule which Bernie wants to cut to 105% when applied next season in a 3 session qualifying format. Whether they will use it on the times set by Q1's top driver or will they use it with taking Q3's top time. Remember there will be a big difference between Q1 and Q3 Pole time. In this race all the drivers have lost time in Q3 except Massa who gain some time with respect to Q2 and I think we will see bigger gaps in the next few races between Q2 and Q3 times that is all the drivers will gain time on their Q2 time instead of loosing.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the laptimes of Vettel and fastest lap classification of the race.

Vettel's Laptimes
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48609attach

Fastest Lap Classifiaction
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 48610attach
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBull_ar View Post
    bbooooRRRRiiinnnggg race
    very true
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

McLaren confident it can catch Red Bull<!-- end title -->
    McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh is confident his team is not that far away from the pace-setting Red Bull Racing and Ferrari teams judging by what happened in the Bahrain Grand Prix.

FIA to clarify double diffuser issue<!-- end title -->
    The FIA is set to issue a clarification about double diffuser designs prior to the Australian Grand Prix, following concerns about a number of teams exploiting the area for added performance.

Domenicali: Ferrari needed an early win<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali believes Fernando Alonso's victory in Bahrain was a vital boost for his team after the troubles it faced in 2009.

Fry calls for reaction to improve show<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 risks being damaged if it does not respond to the criticism it has faced for the lack of action in the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix.

Gascoyne 'very proud' of Lotus effort<!-- end title -->
    Lotus technical chief Mike Gascoyne has said he is 'very proud' of everyone at his team who helped the outfit deliver a race finish on its debut in Bahrain.

Schumacher delighted with Bahrain form<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher says he never expected to be his old self right away after finishing in sixth position at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday.

Renault: R30 can score in every race<!-- end title -->
    Renault's technical director James Allison believes the French squad should be capable of scoring points in every race following a promising start to the season.

Mercedes hopeful it can catch leaders<!-- end title -->
    Mercedes GP says it knows exactly what it needs to do if it is going to be able to fight for the world championship this year, on the back of a fairly low-key Bahrain Grand Prix performance.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Everyone seems to be in a hurry to catch Red Bull. There might be a surprise or two in the next few rounds. Mclaren seemed to have decent race pace, okay one Mclaren did. Then again, i don't know if anyone was expecting much from the second Mclaren unless they happen to be British. F10 has better race pace, especially on the harder compound. We didn't get to see how it would have compared with Red Bull at the end because of Vettel's engine problem. Another factor could be the different temperatures in the next three rounds. Remains to be seen if Red Bull is as fast in cooler track conditions as it was in the heat of Bahrain.

@genius83
    Logically 107% or 105%, whatever is decided should be based on the pole sitter's time and calculated from there. Whether it's a slower time as it was in the first race or a quicker time as it should be in just about every race.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Williams confident of step forward<!-- end title -->
    Williams technical director Sam Michael is positive the team will improve in the next few races and believes that Rubens Barrichello's tenth place in last Sunday's Bahrain Grand Prix was not representative of its competitive level.

Points finish a consolation for Vettel<!-- end title -->
    Sebastian Vettel says the only consolation about his late race heartbreak in the Bahrain Grand Prix is that he did not miss out on any champagne - because the drink is not sprayed on the podium there.

@UK
    Logic doesnot work with FIA plus what you are saying will be immediately criticised as soon as they agrees for applying the rule. Smaller teams who most likely are affectees will file a case against FIA in European Competition Commission and a verdict in their favour will be given in a day or 2 because FIA is applying the law in a manner which could means that 24 or 26 cars in 20 mins(Q1) is equal to 10 cars in 10 mins(Q3). Are you not considering the fact that when there are more cars on the grid lap timings will be most likely on the higher side but when there are less cars, lower times are possible. I could even go to such extent that what if FIA is not able to fill the minimum number of grid that is 20 cars because of the rule and then the new point system will become a mockery.

We have said so much bad things about Tilke but after one question is still unanswered what happens if the cars from the past like from the 80's and 70's are been given to nowadays drivers on Tilke designed tracks if they provide more exciting racing then nowadays cars does it not means that the real problem for lack of exciting racing is because of cars and not Tilke design tracks. This question was in my mind for quite sometime and I just ask it after seeing the past cars in action in Bahrain.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List