Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nightsurfer View Post
    Oh and did anybody see a Michael Schumacher? I though he was back.. Where was he?
    It is his 2nd race after 3 years. What were you expecting? a podium? Considering he is returning after 3 years he has delivered pretty good results so far considering the car and the circumstances (the accident in this race for example)

As far as Rosberg is concerned, he has showed everyone how pathetic of a driver he is. Can't attack and can't defend. And when it comes to qualifying all he can manage is 1 position up from a driver who came back after 3 years

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hail Alonso....seriously....

and what a race man...quite a ride..

poor vettel..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso drove brilliantly as well after that first corner mishap. Massa was with lucky with 3rd that he had Alonso between him and Hamilton towards the end, because Hamilton would have eaten him had be been there alone. Alonso is a great defender, he really is.
    very true...and if he wanted he could've jumped Massa but he didn't..showed team spirit i guess...

Lewis and Webber hahaha...
    hahaha....but i think it wasn't his fault though..webber touched him from the back...
    Alsonso must be relieved and laughing...

Oh and did anybody see a Michael Schumacher? I though he was back.. Where was he?
    It is his 2nd race after 3 years. What were you expecting? a podium? Considering he is returning after 3 years he has delivered pretty good results so far considering the car and the circumstances (the accident in this race for example)
    at least we expected a bit more from schmi..i saw that he was even struggling to overtake some back-markers...anyway i don't care..

Kubica, a great drive and only 17 more races to go before he wears the iconic red overalls.
    care to explain??...what r the rumors around this development?..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    There you have it all the cricticism from the last race has disappeared and the season is exciting now. LOL.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel says failure robbed him of win<!-- end title -->
    Sebastian Vettel believes he would have won the Australian Grand Prix today had a brake failure not pitched him off the road just before half-distance.

Kubica: Team deserves 'special' podium<!-- end title -->
    Robert Kubica described his second place in the Australian Grand Prix as a 'special' result for the improving Renault team, but warned that it was not the kind of finish the squad could expect in a straightforward race at the moment.

Delighted Button says tyre call was his
    Jenson Button says the decision to pit for slick tyres in the Australian Grand Prix was key in taking his first win with McLaren.

Hamilton criticises McLaren's strategy<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton described the Australian Grand Prix as one of the finest drives of his career, and blamed a poor strategy and Mark Webber's mistake for costing him a good finish.

Massa happy with best-ever start<!-- end title -->
    Felipe Massa believes his best-ever finish in the Australian Grand Prix can help him challenge for the world title this season.

Lotus praises Kovalainen drive<!-- end title -->
    Lotus Racing has been encouraged by Heikki Kovalainen's performance in today's Australian Grand Prix, despite the fact Jarno Trulli failed even to take the start.

Barrichello surprised by tyre strategies
    Rubens Barrichello admitted he was surprised that his upper midfield rivals did not make a second tyre stop in Melbourne, having fallen from eighth to 10th briefly when he pitted and Tonio Liuzzi and Pedro de la Rosa did not.

Webber says he went down fighting<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber says he at least was happy to "go down fighting" after a disappointing Australian Grand Prix.

Liuzzi delighted after 'perfect' weekend<!-- end title -->
    Tonio Liuzzi labelled his seventh place at the Australian Grand Prix as a perfect result following another strong race for the Italian.

Rosberg happy to collect points<!-- end title -->
    Nico Rosberg was happy to collect points at the Australian Grand Prix, where the German driver finished in fifth position.

Horner: Vettel set for comfortable win<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner says Sebastian Vettel was on his way to a comfortable victory in Australia before he was hit by mechanical problems.

Hispania hails step forward after finish<!-- end title -->
    Hispania Racing boss Colin Kolles hailed his team's step forward after completing its first race distance in Australia.

Webber reprimanded for Hamilton clash<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber was given a reprimand by the race stewards after the Australian Grand Prix for his part in a collision with Lewis Hamilton.

Alonso says it was possible to win<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso declared himself extremely happy after recovering to fourth position at the Australian Grand Prix.

Button: Victory will spur McLaren on<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button hopes that his Australian Grand Prix victory acts as a platform to spur his McLaren team on to even greater success this season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kubica, a great drive and only 17 more races to go before he wears the iconic red overalls.
    care to explain??...what r the rumors around this development?..
    It's one of those rumors, like Alonso to Ferrari, and been doing the rounds for some time. They got stronger after Kubica, left without a drive after BMW pulled out, elected to only sign a one year contract with Renault.
    There were rumors of him going to Mercedes too but we know what happened there. That seat can be available again, and sooner than expected, but i personally don't see it happening before the end of next year.

@genius83

LOL! So, F1 is all fixed now?
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    That is my question too. I just can't believe that James Allen is also a bandwagon journalist and I think you could understand it if you have read his race report.
    Also, I have not post my comments regarding the race because I was not able to watch the last 20 laps as you know what reason. But have to say that HRT and Lotus are getting better while Virgin's CFD nightmare is continuing as they now have to develop a whole new chasis to fit a larger fuel tank. If Kobayashi's wing was damaged because of a tangle with some one at Turn 1 and 2 then it is a racing incident but if it is a wing failure Sauber should have been penalised for that as they already have a wing failure during the friday practice this weekend.
    So as the season is now looking as exciting as ever what do you think will happen at Malaysia next week, what if Malaysia again turn out to be a boring race just like Bahrain. Fans again starting to cry to make some changes to give a better show or not. Button has gives the correct answer in the press conference when asked why there is more overtaking in here then in Bahrain that all the top 8 drivers were in the top 8 positions in Bahrain while here we have a mix up of a grid after the first lap and that really cause more overtaking oppurtunities plus rain also played a vital role in the early part of the race.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zia1288 View Post
    By the way, has any of you subscribed to F1.com text message service? I did, it updates you via text message in practice, qualifying and race. And its free.
    what about this weekend??..did u receive any msges?...i didn't get a single msg...i think nazar lag gaye hai free msging service! ko...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

missed today race...what went wrong with vettle....second race and no luck for him
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes thats right...but if u notice at the end (though u've gained immunity by saying that u didn't watch last 20 mins) of the race top three guys were settled and wasn't pushing...even alonso didn't overtake massa..though he could have.....and had hamilton and company not changed their tires they would've been following like guys at the top just like in Bahrain...
    so i think this was one of race where we saw real racing...and i hope the remaining season turns out to be as good as this race....rain also made things a bit interesting...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

missed today race...what went wrong with vettle....second race and no luck for him
    haha...don't ask...poor guy...he had a brake failure...but before that he was flying...............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    haha...don't ask...poor guy...he had a brake failure...but before that he was flying...............
    oh man thats very bad..getting pole and then brake failure.....n how was the schumi performing..looks like alonso on the roll
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    If you are referring to me then I have missed last 20 laps and that means around half hour of race been missed so I will only comment when I will see the rerun today on StarSports. I don't think season will turns out to be as good as this race because if you want same kind of race then you have to do a Raindance just before every race otherwise some races will be exciting some races will be boring that is for sure.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ ya sorry..was referring to u...anyway when is the retelecast scheduled today?..timing please...thanks.

oh man thats very bad..getting pole and then brake failure.....n how was the schumi performing..looks like alonso on the roll
    schmi did just ok...gathered last point and mostly battling/struggling at the tail end...
    and yes alonso is on a roll...he came 4th after being 22nd on the very first lap..and he attacked and defended very well...i still think that he could've over taken massa but didn't do on purpose...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    rerun was aired from 90 AM morning today. They also have highlights at 7:30PM too.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh god..missed....gonna miss the highlights too ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton: Strategy cost McLaren a 1-2
    Lewis Hamilton reckons McLaren threw away a one-two finish in the Australian Grand Prix by making him come in for his second set of tyres.

Whitmarsh defends Hamilton strategy<!-- end title -->
    Martin Whitmarsh has defended McLaren's decision to bring Lewis Hamilton in for a second pitstop during Sunday's Australian Grand Prix, despite Hamilton's claims that it cost him second place.

Melbourne happy with second event slot<!-- end title -->
    Australian Grand Prix chiefs are now happy to accept their race not regaining its season opener status, because of the television audience boost its 5pm start time has given it.

Horner: No panic over Red Bull reliability
    Red Bull Racing says there is no panic in its ranks about another victory slipping through its grasp - after a wheel failure pitched Sebastian Vettel out of the Australian Grand Prix.

Teams say too soon for an F1 shake-up<!-- end title -->
    The bosses of Formula 1's leading teams believe the sport needs more time before deciding whether emergency changes to improve the show are necessary.

Fauzy set for Friday Lotus drive in Sepang
    Heikki Kovalainen will give up his Lotus T127 to local boy Fairuz Fauzy during the first practice session of the Malaysian Grand Prix, after losing out on a coin toss with Jarno Trulli.

Mercedes working on McLaren-style F-duct
    Mercedes is hoping to have its own McLaren-style F-duct working on its car in time for the Spanish Grand Prix in May, according to the team's motorsport boss Norbert Haug.

This is an actual comment from Stefano Domenicali "Maybe we will have another boring race in Malaysia and then we will start again discussing it. All the FOTA teams need to address the real issue, which is having cars perform less efficiently in the wake." Can anybody please explain what is wake and how does it generates?? Because as far as I know wake is generated by the diffuser of the car and it stops the following car's front wing to work efficiently. Am I right or wrong. If I am right then does it not means that the new DDD, TDD and MDD are the real culprits of less entertaining races and these diffusers are part of aero package and not mechanical package.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton 'understands' team's strategy<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton says he now understands why McLaren chose to bring him in for a mid-race tyre change in the Australian Grand Prix - a strategy that left him angry at the end of the race.

Schumacher remains positive<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher insists the Australian Grand Prix marked a step forward in his Formula 1 comeback, even though he only finished 10th.

Williams sure Hulkenberg will deliver<!-- end title -->
    Williams's technical director Sam Micheal is convinced Nico Hulkenberg will deliver despite a difficult start to Formula 1 racing in the first two events of the season.

HRT targets double finish in Malaysia<!-- end title -->
    Hispania Racing boss Colin Kolles says the team is aiming to finish the Malaysian Grand Prix with both cars before it begins to focus on improving its performance.

Kolles confident of two-second gain<!-- end title -->
    HRT team boss Colin Kolles believes his team has at least two seconds in store and is confident it will catch up with the field soon.

Button keeps expectations in check<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button has warned not to expect McLaren to be as strong as in Australia this weekend, as he reckons the Sepang circuit will not suit his car as well.

Renault to push harder in races now<!-- end title -->
    Renault boss Eric Boullier thinks that his team can set its sights on pushing even harder in the races now - after Robert Kubica's breakthrough podium finish in the Australian Grand Prix.

Coulthard tells Hamilton to hire manager<!-- end title -->
    David Coulthard has told Lewis Hamilton to hire a manager as soon as possible following his off-track incident in Australia last weekend.

Haug: Schumacher as good as always<!-- end title -->
    Mercedes GP is adamant that Michael Schumacher continues to be as good as he always was - despite a less than stellar return to Formula 1 so far.

Brembo denies Vettel's brake failure<!-- end title -->
    Brake manufacturer Brembo has denied reports that Sebastian Vettel's retirement from the Australian Grand Prix was caused by a brake failure.

Red Bull would welcome suspension ruling<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing would welcome a clarification from the FIA about the use of suspension in Formula 1, following allegations that it is running a mechanical form of 'active ride' this year.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari al da way !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lotus aims to be in top five by 2013<!-- end title -->
    Tony Fernandes is aiming for his Lotus team to be fighting among the top five Formula 1 outfits in the next three seasons.

Button boosted by early-season haul<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button believes his McLaren team is laying the early groundwork for a full-on assault of the world championship this year - even though it does not have the quickest car.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List