Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

interesting race. for me nico rosberg and kubica were the drivers of the day as they managed to stay there with the faster cars (Y)
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeye117 View Post
    Vettel's contract is coming to an end this year ... massa's contract is coming to an end this year .... wat you guys think about vettel moving to ferrari ?
    Vettel is contracted to Red Bull until the end of 2011, with an option for one more year. An option Red Bull will be keen to take up. After that, he will move to Mercedes. No Ferrari seat for him in the near future. Kubica is likely to take Massa's seat at Ferrari, whenever they decide to drop him. For now,Massa is the best number 2, and a good team mate to Alonso. A good fast competitive driver but not fast and good enough to trouble Alonso, and upset the apple-cart. He will bring good points and the odd victory to help with the constructors championship.
    Sooner or later, Kubica, I believe will end up at Ferrari alongside Alonso.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    damn it...alonso screwed it but recovered well...
    i didn't like his cheeky pass over massa just before pit stop but understood he didn't want to follow massa in third race in row....look where massa ended...so in that way alonso could've been 10th if he piously followed massa...but we gonna see unhappy massa for sometime..
    same here.....we may see both team mate fighting each other later on
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmm who ever gets the seat hope he brings points nd race wins to ferrari
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All
    I am really not happy with the way stewards have deal this race, there were 3 incidents which all deserve a serious penalty whether time penalty or grid penalty in next race. Hamilton and Vettel incident in the pitlane Hamilton should be penalised, Hamilton and Webber incident at the restart Hamilton again should be penalised and Button's coming to a stand still just before the restart again should be penalised.

Also why Vettel is been reprimanded he has been released first and he has done what is the right thing to do.

One question about the Ferrari drivers incident at the entrance of pitlane, do you guys think Ferrari was waiting for whom Alonso or Massa to come first for the pitstop. Ferrari is using their legendary light system once again.

Another thing best overtakes are been done by Vettel whether it was against Sutil or Michal, Hamilton takes 2 laps to overtake Michal and Vettel did it in one lap.

HRT has now leapfrog Lotus too with their both drivers finishing in this race while Lotus has only one finish who was ahead of Williams. As for Virgin after their CFD failure they even forget to put the car down on the circuit before the formation lap and has to retire. Sauber really are having hard times one engine failure and other driver retires in the first lap because of some one else mistake.

@Blackeye117
    Bro, you said you would download the race, from where you would download the race, can you please tell us??
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

same here.....we may see both team mate fighting each other later on
    hmm..i don't think so...as UK has put it appropriately that massa is now at best number 2 driver for ferrari...ferrari needs to focus attention on one driver to compete with Redbull, mclaren and now roseberg merc rather than in-house fighting...if they don't do that championship will move away from them...

Vettel's contract is coming to an end this year ... massa's contract is coming to an end this year .... wat you guys think about vettel moving to ferrari ?
    kubica is the strongest candidate for that...vettel nopes...

@genius83
    you're absolutely right brother (though i don't need to tell u that)...hamilton is now acting like a spoilt brat who gets away with anything he does...he needs to get some penalty so that he comes back right to his senses...

also now driver championship is now headed in different direction now...its no more alonso versus vettel...alsono needs to wake up...

01 Jenson Button 60
    02 Nico Rosberg 50
    03 Fernando Alonso 49
    04 Lewis Hamilton 49
    05 Sebastian Vettel 45
    06 Felipe Massa 41
    07 Robert Kubica 40
    08 Mark Webber 28
    09 Adrian Sutil 10
    10 Michael Schumacher 10

FIA GT1 News:
    Ford
    Matech Competition team has won the first race of FIA GT 1 season...ford is an amazing car but the victory is tad unexpected...maybe b/c zuber's corvette got 10 place penalty..and it helped Romain Grosjean and Thomas Mutsch to win the race.....ya Grosjean former F1 renualt's test driver?...i m not sure..

sorry genius83 for this...i don't have guts and energy to start a new thread altogether..will try in next race...

Next race is in Silverstone (Britain) 30 Apr-2nd May..

Watch highlights of qualifying and full race in Abu Dhabi here:
    http://www.gt1world.com/gt1tv

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Blackeye117
    Bro, you said you would download the race, from where you would download the race, can you please tell us??
    ya please...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Again Micheal is disapointing, it seems that he is driving extra carefully and may be age factor got better of him
    he shouldn;t be there

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All
    Here are the re-run and highlights times on StarSports

No re-run or H/L on Monday
    5:30 AM H/L on Tuesday and re-run on 10:30 AM on the same day.
    4:30 PM H/L on Wednesday and if some one wants to see old races then F1 Classics series on 7 PM showing Japanese GP 2000 on the same day.

@m_waqas
    Hamilton is a spoil brat from the very first day, he is the only driver who has been litterally been lift off the gravel and put back on the track, allowed to complete the race a lap down(Nurburgring 07'), while another driver was been disqualified for taking outside help(Senna, Suzuka 89').

Allowed to run into a standing car at the end of pitlane because got distracted by the red light and no penalty was awarded where it should be a race or 2 ban. After all Yuji Ide's superlicensce was revoked for causing a crash why not Hamilton's.

Tells a lie to gain a benefit and only been disqualified where it should be a race ban atleast.

Even in this race, in the pitlane he was driving on the Blue Bufferline which means he has to slow down and give way to other driver who is using the Tarmac part of the pitlane.

Bro, no worries I will wait till Silverstone for GT Thread.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'll download it by torrent ....i have all 3 races of this season nd currently downloading today's one ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i m new to formula1 as this is my first season m a rookie here ....As i dont know the rules nd things about formula one much ..... but i m learning ..... i dont think it was fair driving by hamilton wat he did in the pit lane ...i was watching nd it was a shot from the hamilton's on board camera i was like here they go here they go .. it was too close ....nd wasnt fair .... nd so far i like the driving of alonso and surely he is my fav driver ... nd fav car .... my signature says it all

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Volcano fallout now worrying F1 teams
    Formula 1 teams have admitted they are just a few days away from facing difficulties getting ready for the Spanish Grand Prix if the travel chaos caused by the Iceland volcano eruption does not ease.

@All
    Okay have seen the highlights, and I was amazed that no one has pointed to Hamilton's entrance to the pitlane for the first pitstop he has done another blunder there by first taking the normal turn towards the Start/Finish straight and then enters in the pit which means he has gone backwards which is not allowed in any kind of racing. Hamilton and Button have done enough blunders in this race that they should have been disqualified from the race altogether and that is a minimum penalty. There blunders are of such magnitude that even Martin Brundle has said that if they don't get penalised for these I will be amazed.

Michal in Hungary 2006 miss the pitlane by slipping out of it when he enters in it and have to complete a full lap to return to pits which cost him the win.

Kimi also misses the pitlane entrance in Ferrari, I don't remember the race and have to complete an extra lap to return to pitlane. Why Hamilton don't do the same and why no penalty was awarded for that too???

My theory again proves right that never calls both of your drivers in the pitlane at the same time because you will loose more time then on the track running in the changing condition. Vettel could have taken the lead if he remains on the track and as it was shown by Button, Rosberg, Kubica that rain was not that hard and Slicks could work in that without much of a problem.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull is a young team. They don't have established drivers, their team leader is a young up coming driver and people on the pitwall are not of the same caliber as some of the other teams, especially teams they are up against.

Making a tire call in changeable conditions is a huge decision when you have race victories and a championship at stake. If it had rained for a few laps more the first time, their decision would have been vindicated and those who stayed out on slicks lost out big time.

Either way, Red Bull was not going to win, whether they stayed out on slicks or pitted for inters.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ecclestone downplays volcano ash threat
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is convinced that the travel crisis caused by the exploding Icelandic volcano poses no threat to next month's Spanish Grand Prix taking place.

Whitmarsh says McLaren needs big push
    McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh thinks his team needs to push 'very hard' to improve its car if it is going to keep its advantage at the head of the world championship.

Lapthorne steps down from McLaren
    Richard Lapthorne has left McLaren just a year after he was appointed non-executive chairman of the group.

Ferrari targets qualifying improvement
    Ferrari must focus more of its effort onto improving its qualifying form if it is to stand a good chance of winning the world championship this year.

Teams hoping for swift tyre decision
    Formula 1 teams hope to finalise their tyre choice for next season by the Spanish Grand Prix next month, with both Michelin and Cooper Avon interested in supply deals.

Renault boss praises Petrov's drive
    Renault team boss Eric Boullier has praised Vitaly Petrov's drive in the Chinese Grand Prix, where the Russian rookie scored his first points in F1.

Red Bull working on F-duct for Spain
    Red Bull could be the next team with an F-duct system running on its 2010 car.

'Stop moaning about Hamilton' - Ecclestone
    Bernie Ecclestone has told Lewis Hamilton's rivals to "stop moaning" about the on-track tactics of the 2008 world champion.

@UK
    My theory is for every team and any type of conditions and is not directed towards any specific team at all, last 2 year I have said this about Ferrari as they were the team who brings both their drivers in the pits in such situation and in this race this thing is been done by them and RedBull and they both have lost some time in that regards.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

r we seeing a biased Ecclestone?...

whats an F-duct??...is it the small (tiny) air-intake placed on the hood of mclaren?...
    and whats so special about it?...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wink

@m_waqas
    Yes, we are seeing a biased Ecclestone but the reason is he don't want to loose the attention F1 gets because of Hamilton's spoild brat behaviour. As the famous saying is that "Negative publicity is also a kind of publicity, or in Urdu "Bud hongay to naam na ho ga" that is bad name is also got mentioned in the discussion.

As you are asking and I am replying about Hamilton's bad behaviour it is after all publicity for F1.

Yes, F-duct is tiny air intake on McLaren's hood and Sauber's sidepod. Its work is to stall the rear wing on the long straight and the gain is somewhat around 10 Kmh extra speed on the straights. McLaren's F-duct works with the help of driver's left leg. I will post the complete working mechanism of this as soon as possible.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is the McLaren's F-Duct info, from James Allen's blog just before the Bahrain GP last month.

McLaren’s Rear Wing, which seems to have the ability to cut drag on the straights, giving the car additional extra speed. In Barcelona the McLaren was 5km/h faster through the speed trap than its closest rival.
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - McLar slot2 300x202
    This is achieved by passing air through a slot in the rear wing (the black line near the bottom of the wing in the picture left), which neutralises the rear wing, cutting the drag. Such a device would also reduce the overall downforce, which would be a bad thing. So switching it on and off when needed on the straights is the key. That is where the question of legality comes in.
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - Picture 416
    The way it works is this: there is a hole in the cockpit to a duct through which the air passes. The driver decides when to open it and he does so with his knee. Air then shoots through the duct in the sharkfin engine cover and exits through a slot in the underside of the rear wing. This causes the airflow under the wing to separate from the wing and this cuts the drag.
    Also looks like the mystery of RedBull's ride height has been solved as Mark Hughes from Autosport's have a interesting theory

RedBull's Mysterious Ride Height
    Essentially it's the pull-rod rear suspension and the way it works with the current diffusers. Obviously diffusers are highly sensitive to ride height because their effectiveness is largely dictated by the air pressure under the car.

Put simply, the cars must run more ground clearance than they want in qualifying (so when race fuel is added ride heights are still manageable) which ruins the performance of the diffuser as the gap between track surface and car floor becomes too large to create the ideal pressures. All the top teams are supposed to have broadly similar designs with the exception of Red Bull, whose diffuser is so compromised by their unique rear suspension layout that it is significantly less effective.

Components of the pull-rod suspension occupy the same space through which diffusers like to be fed air. That's the disadvantage of the RBR suspension. The advantage (when properly exploited, as it is here) is that the rear bodywork behind the sidepods is noticeably slimmer and less fussy, supplying the rear wing with cleaner air and allowing it to work much better than would otherswise be the case.

It's a standard balancing act. Do RBR gain more downforce from the optimised rear wing than they lose from the compromised diffuser? The cars ultimate pace suggests they're not losing out, but more importantly this system seems to give them a huge advantage on low ('light') fuel.

Because they rely proportionally less on their diffuser to create downforce, and more on their rear wing, they lose less overall downforce when running big ride heights (downforce provided by the wing isn't affected by ride height, downforce provided by the diffuser can be crippled by it). And the effect is compounded.

With their super-effective rear wing doing more to push the car low to the ground Red Bull are losing less of their diffusers functionality than teams with less wing. This might explain why McLaren (allegedly suffering specifically with a lack of rear downforce) seem to be particularly hobbled in quali compared to races.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting. That was the suspicion, their different rear suspension, after a ride height device was not found. Makes for an interesting read and sounds like a bit of a compromise. It's certainly not something other teams can copy this season at least. Maybe more cars will be designed that way next year especially after we lose the DD diffusers.

@genius83

My comments were not about Red Bull bringing one or both drivers in. I was talking about their lack of experience in general. Races are lost and won in split seconds. Take the famous Alonso-Massa incident for example. That was done at the last moment, the team was waiting for Massa, but Alonso's move made the difference between finishing 4th or finishing 9th or 10th as he might have.

Red Bull tried the " keeping one driver out for longer " strategy in Australia, where they kept Webber out for a lap too long and it destroyed his race and denied Red Bull a possible win. Nothing seen so far suggests keeping a driver out for an extra lap is worth it. Too many risks involved and the lost time for a driver with the wrong tires on track is far greater than making them pit at the same time. Now that there is no refueling, the total lost time is not more than 5-6 seconds.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Button enjoying 'best year of his life'
    Jenson Button says he is having an even better time at McLaren this year than when he was en route to the world title last season.

Red Bull says no rush over F-Duct
    Red Bull Racing will only bring its version of the F-Duct to the Spanish Grand Prix if the team is convinced that it will deliver a performance boost to the team.

Hamilton vows to race 'the easy way'
    Lewis Hamilton has conceded that it may be time to calm down his approach to racing after another spirited charge through the field in China failed to help him overhaul team-mate Jenson Button.

Montezemolo: No rift between drivers
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo says there is no dispute between his drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.

Spanish GP ticket sale increases
    Ticket sale figures for the Spanish Grand Prix are 10 per cent ahead of last year, with general admission tickets already sold out nearly three weeks ahead of the event.

Toro Rosso rules out F-Duct system
    Scuderia Toro Rosso's technical director Giorgio Ascanelli has ruled out introducing an F-Duct system in the near future.

Massa, Alonso insist relationship is fine
    Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso insist their relationship is as good as always despite the Chinese Grand Prix incident.

McLaren reveals management changes
    McLaren has announced a management restructure following Richard Lapthorne's resignation as Non-Executive Chairmanship of the group.

Hamilton praises race stewards
    Lewis Hamilton has praised the role played by the FIA stewards during the first four races of this season, saying they are the best he has experienced in his Formula 1 career.

@UK
    Yes, RedBull are making mistakes in general but in China there mistake has cost Vettel 16 secs. As he has to wait behind Webber and then Webber have damage the jack during his pitstop so the jack has to be changed, If he was on the track he certainly have made enough time to come back in the next lap into the pits and goes out in no less then 6 or 7 position while in reality he comes out at around 13 or 14 position that is a big difference.

The question about RedBull's ride height why all the experts never think before the ruling that it could be something else then an active ride height system, why they wait for the FIA's ruling and then the result of that ruling on the RedBull qualifying pace.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83
    wow thanks mate for the intro and explanation..and as u said approx. 10km/hr increase in straight line speed, then its surely worth having...

and interesting point their about Berne..u r saying that he's supporting Lewis b/c he's attracting attention??...good or bad doesn't matter..and not because of any personal reasons?....hmm..new angle..never thought about it...

Closed Thread

User Tag List