Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm...nice...after all realizing that penalty may hit sooner or later....but i doubt him...

of course .......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kovalainen pins hopes on Spain updates
    Heikki Kovalainen believes that Lotus's major upgrade plan for the Spanish Grand Prix will be a key indicator of how the team will perform over the rest of the season.

Korea boss confident GP will be a hit
    South Korea's Grand Prix boss hopes that doubts about his venue's state of readiness have now been totally laid to rest following Bernie Ecclestone's recent visit to the track.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Something like that, what happened with Webber, can happen at anytime whether two cars come in or one. Red Bull for all their talk of sub two seconds pitstops have not made decent pitstops this season. There was a sticking nut in another one race, Vettel's wheel nut was not put on properly in another race, Webber had a slow stop in one of the races too etc etc. It might be mere coincidence that the only race they have won so far this season is the one where the team nor any of it's drivers were under any pressure.

If you have read the last two articles by James Allen, then it's quite clear that bringing in both cars is the right choice. In one instance, Nico Rosberg lost 10 seconds on one lap when he stayed out for one extra lap. Red Bull, despite having the fastest car have come away from the first four races not leading anything. If the hypothetical scenario, which is based on the data provided by Bridgestone, is correct then Red Bull would have lost even a dry race in china to the Ferrari of Alonso. It's all based on the data collected by Bridgestone during Friday and Saturday free practice. I will post parts of that article later.

Everyone was convinced that Red Bull had found a very clever way of adjusting the ride height, some saying they used a special gas which would leak slowly thus reducing the ride height, others said the gas evaporated as the temperature went up, there was a theory that the fuel cell was designed in a different manner and all sorts of stuff. I think everyone had to think on different lines after FIA gave Red Bull the all clear and Red Bull made clear they would protest anything like that brought by Mclaren.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Uncle ... i think redbull have some different rear suspension then the other teams as i said i will download the race and i downloaded it . it was a bbc coverage there was a race buildup and then the race it self ..in race buil up the guy was talking to the drivers looking at cars he went to redbull and mechanics were standing infront of the rear suspension then he asked can we have a look at it ? then christian horner came from behind and said no you cant have a closeup look at it .... so i think they are using some kind of different rear suspension that is helping them
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Blackeye117
    Bro, we knows RedBull is using a pull rod rear suspension configuration from last year. The thing is that suspension is the biggest advantage RedBull had for setting their car low in the qualifying and gain extra downforce.

@UK
    Yes, they could loose it, but it would then goes down as a racing incident, what happens with Vettel in China is he has to wait behind Webber until Webber got released from the pitbox, while if they both goes in the pit just one lap apart such problems could be avoided as what ever time they loose is still lesser then the time needed to make another lap, and I think at the first pitstop Safety car was on the track, so the time difference is much larger then the normal single race lap time.

Bridgestone is exaggerating a bit, because in the first 3 races RedBull and Ferrari both have done almost the same laps before their pitstops, Although in Australia they have made a small error of judgement but other then that they are almost equal, as for the data gathering in Friday and Saturday practices, don't you think that its because of different setups teams are trying.

De la Rosa: Key a big boost for Sauber
    Pedro de la Rosa believes James Key's arrival at the Sauber team has been a big boost for the Swiss squad.

Barrichello not expecting big leap soon
    Rubens Barrichello says he is not expecting his Williams team to be able to make a sudden leap forward following a discreet start to the 2010 season.

Schumacher could have won Oz - Haug
    Michael Schumacher could have won the Australian Grand Prix had he not gone off on the first lap, according to Mercedes boss Norbert Haug.

Haug: New rules must suit independents
    Norbert Haug believes Formula 1's next generation of engine regulations needs to suit the sport's smaller teams more than the leading manufacturers.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Blackeye117

You probably saw Martin Brundle doing his grid walk. Yeah, the Red Bull has a pull rod suspension and one of the biggest stories of this year is how they do so well from qualifying to race. The latest theory is the rear suspension.

@genius83

Why would they or any team keep their driver out for an extra lap and risk him throwing the car off but that's an argument for another day. I think the teams with their advanced simulators etc have figured out the fastest way is to bring both cars in.

Sir, I don't think Bridgestone are exaggerating. One, they have no reason to do so, not like they will get anything out of giving these figures. It might have been the case if there was another tire manufacturer in F1. One could argue- that Bridgestone was trying to show they had a better tire in that case. Two, the story is reported by Mark Hughes, Autosport's director. That is as reliable as they come because Autosport will not publish anything that would make them look like taking sides etc.

I believe, Red Bull does not have the race pace of Ferrari. We have not had a normal GP so far this season. The first one was dry, but being the first race the teams were concerned about tires and how they would behave so we didn't get to see the real pace of cars. Anyway, it's a hypothetical scenario thats been painted based on how the tires were used. It's the complete data and must have taken into account everything, laps, fuel etc. We might see a different picture in the races to come and Red Bull might dominate everything but this was the first track they went to which is very hard on tires.It's going to get worse at the next race which is even harder on tires than Shanghai.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Schumacher could have won Oz - Haug
    Michael Schumacher could have won the Australian Grand Prix had he not gone off on the first lap, according to Mercedes boss Norbert Haug.
    Ouch! the pressure must be immense on Haug. That's as far as a hypothetical scenario can possibly go. How exactly Schumacher was going to turn in with Alonso's car next to him and Button's car on the inside of Alonso, Haug didn't care to explain that. IF, that's the thing, if this had happened, if that had happened. As Murray Walker once famously said," IF is a big word in Formula 1, IF is F1 spelt backwards "

As hypothetical scenarios go, here is a slightly more believable one, at least compared to the one given by Haug.

Red Bull vulnerable to Button and Ferrari at Spanish GP

When both Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber pitted prematurely for a rain shower that quickly passed, Red Bull's chances on Sunday were scuppered.

That set the stage for Jenson Button's victory. In a dry race, the chances are it would have been Fernando Alonso's Ferrari that beat the Red Bulls - and the reasons why make the Spaniard a strong contender for victory at the next race in Spain.

Bridgestone's technical manager Hirohide Hamashima spoke post-qualifying in China about the big variation in tyre usage he was seeing between different cars - and between team-mates in the same cars.

The Shanghai circuit - with its middle sector of long-duration fast sweeps coming soon after the tyres have already been punished by the never-ending grind of Turns One-Two-Three, flat in top on entry, constantly slowing and turning until down to second gear - is the biggest tyre killer of the four tracks visited so far.

Of the top cars, the Red Bull was taking the most out of its tyres, the Ferrari was by far the kindest. One McLaren - Jenson Button's - was almost as good as the Ferrari in its tyre usage; Lewis Hamilton's car was almost as bad as the Red Bulls.

The soft compound tyre being used as the option in Shanghai was much faster than the hard, but also much more delicate.

From the wear rates Bridgestone was seeing in the practice sessions, it was unlikely to have lasted much more than 15 laps on the most aggressive usage, with a possibility of up to 30 laps for cars that were gentler on it.

In other words the Ferrari was likely to have been able to use the faster tyre for up to twice as long as the Red Bull, had the race been dry.

Alonso's car may have been a couple of tenths of a second per lap slower at its peak than Vettel's Red Bull, but the difference in tyre performance after a few laps was going to be far more than that. Over a sequence of dry laps, the Ferraris - and Button's McLaren - looked likely to have been faster than the Red Bulls.

A routine dry race there with the existing grid might well have seen the two Red Bulls leading the early stages but soon being hunted down by Alonso's second-row Ferrari.

Once past, Alonso would likely have left them well behind as their tyres deteriorated at twice the rate of his.

Button? From the third row he would likely have been fighting with Nico Rosberg.

The Mercedes was pretty good on its tyres too, but arguably not quite as fast as the McLaren. Button may well have lost too much time in fighting Rosberg to have been able to take the challenge to Alonso.
    It's also likely that they would have been joined in battle by Felipe Massa's Ferrari, the Brazilian having qualified out of the car's natural position on account of a crucial mistake on his final qualifying lap.

The Red Bulls would likely have fallen back into this group as the race went on, all playing further into the hands of Alonso as they held each other up. All total conjecture of course - but based on very clear tyre usage patterns seen during the practices.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank You Genius and Uncle For Telling Me About The Suspension.. I didnt knew it before because this is the first year i am watching formula one ...

(Forgive me On this bcoz i m new in this)

If everybody knows redbull using pull rod suspension then why were they hiding that part of the car . ?

and one more question
    i've read that formula one is going to have turbo charged in line four cylinder engines in near future..
    i'd love to hear from you guys on this
    thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Blackeye117
    No need for an appology, we all are here to discuss and share info like you told us that "Christian Horner says that no you can't see it" because we don't know about that at all. Now I am also curious that why they are hiding their suspension configuration when every body knows it. I think the only possible answer is they want it to hide from other teams just so that this thing remains a surprise until next season when everyone will go for this solution as DD diffusers are ban for next season.

Yes, FIA is seriously considering I4T as the next F1 engine configuration from 2013 onwards but the only hurdle in this regards is Ferrari so lets see what decision will make for next engine configuration.

@UK
    The IF and BUT scenarios are a real headache, just another scenario for the Chinese GP, A dry race Alonso jump starts, no incident between Liuzzi, Buemi and Kobayashi, Alonso handed a drive through penalty which he serves means lost about 18 secs in the pits, comes out in traffic and then start loosing time because of car starting to heat up and in the ending stages engine blowout. How about that???

Now this is as absurd scenario as they are saying that RedBull and Ferrari have a difference of 15 laps at most, I just cannot believe such a huge difference could exist because if such gap exist it should have shown in previous races too. My assumption is the most gap that may exist is 5 laps, softs can last 25 laps this is what Bridgestone says a while ago, how could they change their assumption so easily is amazing.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you Genius .. i m going to see that video again lets see if i can catch anything intresting in it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Blackeye117

Like Genius said, no need for any apology.
    I am all for a turbo because F1 is trying to portray a greener image and it, the turbo, might actually help with one of the biggest demand a lot of people have from F1, have more over taking. The boost can and will be used in a different manner by drivers, it's a different style of driving where you either have nothing or very little and suddenly have a lot. Drivers will run different boost and that will affect fuel consumption so we might see some drivers having to go slow towards the end and save fuel. All that said, the new concorde agreement will be the most difficult to achieve.

Personally, I don't care about over taking or lack of it. F1 is not about over taking but the best technology on show. The over taking debate has been going on for a very long time and will continue to do so for years to come.

As to why they hide the back from others to see, it's something you will see with most front running teams. They will hide the car from people taking pictures etc to avoid getting the details out so easily. My opinion on the Red Bull, it's not the suspension in all probability which is giving them an edge in qualifying but they will want to make people think it is the suspension so that people are thrown off and work on things in a different direction. What is it exactly, no one knows.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

It's not so absurd because of the reasons pointed out. I am not a fan of IF this or IF that.
    I think the pace, the out right pace of Ferrari and to some extent Mclaren is for all to see. We have seen their race pace in short stints. The reason why it's not been seen is that we have not had a normal race except the first GP in Bahrain.

The figures quoted by Bridgestone have to be taken at face value because they have nothing to gain from the numbers. What possible good can they get out of it? The numbers might be different because China is one of the hardest tracks on tires and the GP after it is even harder on tires. Barcelona, has been known for it for as long as i can remember. It's a combination of the track lay out, the temperature and the track surface.

Red Bull is known to be extremely hard on it's tires and not just this year but last year too. Ferrari, we know from all the winter testing is the kindest. It's a hypothetical scenario and nothing more. The real picture will only become clear after Spain.

All the writer was trying to do is paint a picture in response to what Horner had said, "IF it had been a dry race we would have won" It's a hypothetical scenario. So, IF that was the case, then Alonso would not have jumped the start either because all of Christian Horner's theory is based on a big IF, IF it had been dry.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mosley hits out at Montezemolo, Ferrari
    Luca di Montezemolo is a weak character and his team would not be winning races using the same budget as its rivals, according to former FIA president Max Mosley.

F1 equipment expected in Europe today
    Formula 1's car and equipment are expected to land back in Europe later today, following the air chaos delays caused by the Icelandic volcano, easing fears that teams faced a major headache to get ready in time for the Spanish Grand Prix.

Lotus upgrades on schedule for Spain
    Lotus's upgrade plans for the Spanish Grand Prix will face minimal disruption, despite the recent volcano-caused travel chaos, claims technical chief Mike Gascoyne.

Pirelli eyes F1 return
    Pirelli is ready to open talks with Formula 1 teams about a tyre supply deal, after company chiefs this week gave it the green light to evaluate a return to grand prix racing.

McLaren: Success down to work rate
    McLaren duo Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton believe their team's success this year is the result of the supreme effort their outfit has made behind the scenes in the early part of the season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

huhu hahaha...wtf??...where did it come from?...yes he could've won the race if he was the ONLY driver....he was struggling to overtake even the back-markers.....

i think redbull have some different rear suspension then the other teams as i said i will download the race and i downloaded it . it was a bbc coverage there was a race buildup and then the race it self ..in race buil up the guy was talking to the drivers looking at cars he went to redbull and mechanics were standing infront of the rear suspension then he asked can we have a look at it ? then christian horner came from behind and said no you cant have a closeup look at it .... so i think they are using some kind of different rear suspension that is helping them
    buddy i also watched that...you're talking about the race buildup in which David Coulthard was also invited?..right??.....

Red Bull vulnerable to Button and Ferrari at Spanish GP
    sweet...really hope so..

ah..tire supplying issue is getting hotter...hmm...i would love to see multiple suppliers..seriously,...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Personally, I don't care about over taking or lack of it. F1 is not about over taking but the best technology on show. The over taking debate has been going on for a very long time and will continue to do so for years to come.
    i care...after all its RACING we're talking about...whats the use of technology in race if it doesn't increase overtaking...if only tech is the purpose u can have F1 model cars (in exhibitions/motor shows) with latest technology but no race....

i would rather have stripped down F1 cars (with no or min tech) but with speed and overtaking ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

M waqas .. Yes I m talking about race build up

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    Bro, you are wrongly assuming that he was struggling to overtake backmarkers, there was damage to his underfloor of the car which happens as the car goes through grass after the Alonso/Button incident which also damages his car's front wing.

It is quite hilarious that the 2 who were directly involved in the incident don't suffer any damage at all but the one who was the most innocent has the biggest damage to his car and also ruins his race too. There were visible sparks from the car when he returns to pits and those sparks were coming from everyside of the car, front, left, right and rear.

Secondly, the headline was misleading, in details Haug have said that a podium was possible and may be an outside chance of victory too. Michal was on the most widest line entering in that corner and was perfectly in place to take the curbs of turn 2 full and exit the corner with Alonso side by side, if Button have not tries that move which I am still not able to understand what he was trying their Alonso was ahead and in position to take the corner first Button was behind and if he tries to take the corner he would only take it by going on to the grass and cutting the corner which means a penalty could be awarded without any doubts.

As for overtaking I am with @UK and don't give a damn about overtaking at all because overtaking is an art which have to be learned and not taken as for granted. Only those overtaking moves are counted as great which are been done by a strategy and thatswhy Alguersuari's move against Hulkenberg at Sepang was amazing, so is Vettel's on Schumacher and Sutil in Chinese GP, they were precise moves done with full authority and not like Hamilton's move on Schumacher which takes 2 laps to complete.

FIA will most likely allows single tyre supplier because Michelin wants to be paid by the teams which is against the FIA's intention of cost cutting and I think in last 3 years we have some really exciting racing and no tyre fiasco as all the teams have to rely on the same tyres so on different tracks dfferent teams have a bit of advantage with respect to their cars.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari: New rules must push technology
    Formula 1's likely switch to smaller turbocharged engines from 2013 must include the introduction of cutting-edge fuel efficiency technology too, claims Ferrari's CEO Amedeo Felisa.

Mercedes to increase W01 wheelbase
    Mercedes hopes the longer wheelbase car it plans to introduce at the Spanish Grand Prix will help it get a grip on the weight distribution issues that it has encountered so far this season.

Rosberg expects Schumacher to improve
    Nico Rosberg is not expecting to maintain his early advantage over team-mate Michael Schumacher all season - admitting that he never thought he would be able to deliver such strong form.

@All
    A turbocharged 1.5L producing only 670bhp is not what I wanted because it is only 70bhp more then what GP2 engines are producing, I wants a near 1000bhp turbocharged 1.5L engine and looks like thats the same thing what Mercedes boss Norbert Haug wants too. As for Ferrari's suggestion of GDI or Gasoline Direct Injection system I am all for it instead of nowadays EFI engines.

So mercedes admit publically that they have gone for the wrong weight distribution in the first place, I hope long wheelbase works for both Michal and Rosberg, instead of providing unfair advantage to anyone. It also proves that Michal was gathering data in the early races for solving the issue.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For Sure He Was Building the car for himself ... its his first season after 3 year break and with a car that wasnt made for him . i never saw micheal racing .. but i think he will come up good from now on or at the end of the season but surely he will come up ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ obviously schumi will improve..everyone knows that...but until that happens he's the favorite punching bag of everyone (or for me at least)...i just love to see schumi under-perform .....

i like that..

A turbocharged 1.5L producing only 670bhp is not what I wanted because it is only 70bhp more then what GP2 engines are producing, I wants a near 1000bhp turbocharged 1.5L engine and looks like thats the same thing what Mercedes boss Norbert Haug wants too. As for Ferrari's suggestion of GDI or Gasoline Direct Injection system I am all for it instead of nowadays EFI engines.
    hmmm... is GDI system fuel efficient or not?..doesn't sound like one...

Closed Thread

User Tag List