Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA will most likely allows single tyre supplier because Michelin wants to be paid by the teams which is against the FIA's intention of cost cutting and I think in last 3 years we have some really exciting racing and no tyre fiasco as all the teams have to rely on the same tyres so on different tracks dfferent teams have a bit of advantage with respect to their cars.
    Michelin asking to be paid?...thats not happpened for a longtime, has it?...
    and yes 'cost cutting' syndrome has embedded deep into FIA's mind...they will do whatever to bring down the cost...personally i'd like to see more than one tyre manufacturers...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    Here it is something about GDI from wikipedia:
    Gasoline Direct Injection:
    In internal combustion engines, gasoline direct injection (GDI) is a variant of fuel injection employed in modern two- and four- stroke petrol engines. The petrol/gasoline is highly pressurised, and injected via a common rail fuel line directly into the combustion chamber of each cylinder, as opposed to conventional multi-point fuel injection that happens in the intake tract, or cylinder port.
    In some applications, gasoline direct injection enables a stratified fuel charge (ultra lean burn) combustion for improved fuel efficiency, and reduced emission levels at low load.

So, I think GDI is fuel efficient system which could really works with turbocharged F1 engines of the future.

Bro, I know Michal is a good punching bag by most F1 fans for a long long time but please punch responsibly because otherwise it could come back towards you in the near future.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All sounds good but will Ferrari agree to an inline 4?

Whatever Mercedes comes up with at Barcelona, it will look like a big step because the current car is clearly not what they expected but the next two or three races are crucial for him. Four races into the season and 10 points is not what he, Mercedes, the sponsors, fans or bookies expected. I hope they bring out something crap. Before the season started, i put some money on Schumacher not winning a single race this year. So far i am not doing badly and looking forward to a small profit

The question that needs to be answered is, why is Schumacher in F1, what is he here to achieve? If he wanted to get back behind the wheel, missed the competition and is here to enjoy himself and give Mercedes a lot of column space, help them develop the team for Vettel's eventual arrival, and if he won a few races doing that, then all is going according to plan. It's something that Bernie alluded to in a recent interview, the publicity they got because of him;

Q: How valuable is the combination of Michael Schumacher and Mercedes?
    BE:
    Michael’s Mercedes comeback has a touch of magic. I don’t know any other combination that on the one hand is so fascinating and on the other has a huge potential to be extremely successful. Maybe the only other that springs to my mind is Fernando Alonso and Ferrari. Michael is an asset to every team - and Mercedes can save a lot of money because they can get rid of the team manager, as Michael has already been the team manager at Benetton and Ferrari! (Laughs)

Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think he is there just to enjoy his self ... it is in human nature i think .. you just cant stay away from what are to addicted to ..i think it is just that .no doubts he will deliver sooner or later but i m sure he will
    Otherwise i'll kill him because i've heard alot about him and havent watched him racing before so i want to see
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Did Ferrari not produced I4 engines in the past, because I think they have manufacture I4 in past, plus GDI suggestion is coming from Ferrari's CEO so I think they are ready for I4. May be they are thinking of bringing an I4 powered road legal sports car in the future.

Well Vettel's arrival in Mercedes is a bit far away, at the moment Michal is helping Rosberg with his experience.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stefan attempting 2011 F1 entry
    Stefan GP has renewed its efforts to try and get a place in Formula 1, despite seeing its plans to get on the grid this season rejected by the FIA.

F1 warms to a return to USA
    Tony George is trying to bring Formula One racing back to the United States, but not necessarily to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, according to a report in the Indianapolis Business Journal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, I know Michal is a good punching bag by most F1 fans for a long long time but please punch responsibly because otherwise it could come back towards you in the near future.
    hmm...alright..got your point sir .....
    but punching bag is a punching bag..its there get punched..hard or soft..whatever..

that will be superb...and if its Indianapolis then its double treat...

Otherwise i'll kill him because i've heard alot about him and havent watched him racing before so i want to see
    please do from my side too...kill (punch) schumi..........alright just kidding genius83..
    u should download 2006 season races to watch him race his heart out against alonso..but alas alonso won the titles...haha...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post

that will be superb...and if its Indianapolis then its double treat...

It Will Be In NewYork

please do from my side too...kill (punch) schumi..........alright just kidding genius83..
    u should download 2006 season races to watch him race his heart out against alonso..but alas alonso won the titles...haha...

Any Particular race if you remeber or any two 3 races ? coz downloading whole season is too hard for me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    What I really wish can never come true and it is something I regret forever with respect to F1.

You really have not understand what UK was saying he says that he will kill(punch) Michal, if he starts showing good results otherwise he is happy with what Michal is doing at the moment. While you are punching Michal for the bad performance he will punch for the good performance, thats totally opposite thinking.

@Blackeye117
    Thanks for your concern, but no I remember all the races by heart so no request for any race.

As for US GP, Bernie wants it in or near NewYork but that report was suggesting a return to Indy is possible if and only if Bernie cuts the annual fees and that is a big IF.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Ferrari did have 4cylinder engines in the 50's i think. Not sure how they feel about it today. They GDI is a more fuel efficient system, something they already have on one of their production cars.

Vettel's move is not so far away. Schumacher is not at Mercedes to help Rosberg. He, Schumacher, got to where he got in F1 by not being nice to people especially his team mates. He is being measured against Rosberg, and he will do anything he can to beat him. Vettel can leave Red Bull after 2011, which looks more likely if he doesn't win with Red Bull. Mercedes need to evolve as a team by that time. The people at Mercedes are the same people from Honda years and Honda didn't win much with this lot except when they quit after pumping in millions to make a winning car, only to sell it and leave.

@m_waqas
    What I really wish can never come true and it is something I regret forever with respect to F1.
    The rain man is gone, if that's what you are hinting at. Some one killed the king.

@Blackeye117

If you want to see Alonso, down load the San Marino GP of 2005. Hungaroring 2006, Suzuka 2005, just to name a few.

Schumacher, Hungaroring 1998, French GP 2004, Spanish GP 1994, Spa 1995 ( that was a lucky win if there ever is anything as a lucky win )

@m_waqas

LOL! wasn't that just the most amazing feeling? All that rule bending, rule changes, FIA favoritism, silly penalties. Cry babies! A penalty for this, as Pat Symonds, rightly points out @1:20, this is what F1 was all about a few years back, one hour qualifying and everyone had to find space for himself.

Max Mosley weighs in, after finding spare time from h**kers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what ??? alonso was so far ahead of him .. how can he b penalised ?

and thanks Uncle for naming a few

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry bro i didn't get u there?...whats your wish??...

and no...i will also punch him when he's performing well too ... punch him whenever wherever............ alright enough of this rubbish..peace..

@UK
    ya i remember that season very well...it was like the whole world was once again against alonso...but thats understandable..schumi's reign was coming to an end..

and UK remember this??: (i don't know how to embed a video so i m providing this link..)
    YouTube - Schumacher cheat

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    It depends on what there marketing team's come up with plus as I said earlier that GDI part was comes from Ferrari's CEO which includes the power value and turbocharging so it certainly means there is some serious talks with in the company for such a move and if FIA goes for it they will welcome it.

As for RainMaster, I will wait till he shows his performance in the next few races and then we will see what really will happens.

@m_waqas
    My wish is to see Ayrton Senna and Michal 2 of my most favourite drivers battling a full season for the title, In 94' their was a chance of seeing that but luck was not on my side so now it is a regret for me w.r.t F1.

Here is a tutorial of how to embed youtube videos:

1)Go to post reply not quick reply.
    2)Click the youtube icon in the option bar.
    3)(YOUTUBE)(/YOUTUBE) appears in the reply box with this [] and not this ().
    4)Place the needed address of YouTube video in between the Youtube tags, like that
    (YOUTUBE)video address(/YOUTUBE)

Hope this will helps.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ thanks..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas

Sorry, i got that bit wrong. The " What I really wish can never come true and it is something I regret forever with respect to F1 "
    I was trying to quote what Genius83 had written but rather than him, it appeared with your name That was meant for genius83, as i thought he was talking about not seeing the great man. Turns out i wasn't off the mark.

The video just shows Schumacher's awesome parking skills But as genius83 said, he is waiting for the rain master to show his performance, umm rain master who? I don't know if you recall the last race of 2005, Brazil, Alonso having won his first title, the Renault mechanic down in the pitlane removed the top of his overalls and on the back of his T-shirt it said, Schumacher who?

In his illustrious career, Schumacher has given a lot of Oscar winning performances. I thought since we are having a go at him right now, why not put in one or two more of his stunts. After all, what better way to kill time One of his best work, Jerez `97. I love Martin Brundle's comments as Murray Walker tries to pretend it's a racing accident.

@genius83

I had mistakenly put-what was meant for you. Some one killed the king.
    Just out of curiosity, rain master who, Button? You are a Button fan now

@Blackeye117

Yes, he was penalized for that. Given a five slot grid penalty for blocking Massa, lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wink

@UK
    I know my german is not good but still may be thats the correct term for Rain Master in german Reinmeister.

As for Button fan no I will never become a Button fan even if he wins 7 straight titles, winning every race in a single season or takes pole in every race of a season, the reason he does not have the win at all cost attitude which is what I look in any driver that I like or will like in future. I can't stop laughing when I see British press calling Button a Rain Master.

Now as you guys are having a bashing session against Michal in next 2 weeks, I have a simple question why there is no debate about Michal's 95' title is there no controversy in that season regarding Michal. Also something from my side in the Michal's Oscar winning performances segment.

Adelaide 94'
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 67442

Same Incident Different Angle
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - 67443

Adelaide Incident

Even better all the incidents in One

As for my wish I think this is a wish which most F1 fans have and they all regrets knowing this is not possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I didn't know we were discussing his career. I thought it was only his "special" moments You know, just killing time by recalling his achievements

Now, he did the 5kg helmet thing in `95, but to get a better idea of how 1995 went, you will have to buy Johnny Herbert's biography to have an insight into things. Taking nothing away from Schumacher, who won that year in an inferior car, no doubt. But he won against a very ordinary driver, Damon Hill.

Getting back to the good old days. Here is another gem from 2003. When the title seemed like slipping away they protested the construction of Michelin tires, tires that had been used since 2001, and when did they do it? Between Hungaroring and Monza, when the summer testing ban came into affect. So, FIA changed the rule and said they would measure the tires after the race too but the best part was, Michelin had to make a totally different construction of tires for Monza, in about two weeks, and without any testing allowed

Here is a small clip of Patrick Head and Ross Brawn talking about it. Even the assembled journalists where laughing at the explanation being put forward by Brawn.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now as you guys are having a bashing session against Michal in next 2 weeks,
    haha..i m loving it..

The video just shows Schumacher's awesome parking skills But as genius83 said, he is waiting for the rain master to show his performance, umm rain master who? I don't know if you recall the last race of 2005, Brazil, Alonso having won his first title, the Renault mechanic down in the pitlane removed the top of his overalls and on the back of his T-shirt it said, Schumacher who?
    i clearly remember that UK...it was like a blasphemous quote on those t-shirts...such a rush man...i had liked alonso ever since..

and no doubt button does good in rain...i have no qualms about button..since he's counter-checking hamilton...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Thats why I have asked the question regarding 95', because all his title winning years have some controversy present but I have never read anything such specific about 95'. Even in non title winning years only 96' and 99' are something without any specific controversy regarding him, while all his other years have some thing in that the controversy column.

Lets see
    91' An amazing move by Benetton to buy Michal from Jordan just after one race.

92' At the start of the 1992 season the Sauber team, planning their Formula One debut with Mercedes backing for the following year, invoked a clause in Schumacher's contract which stated that if Mercedes entered Formula One, Schumacher would drive for them. It was eventually agreed that Schumacher would stay with Benetton.

93' A collision with Senna, although not a worthwhile incident but Senna was furious after that.

94' A total controversial year with including 4 race bans, a race disqualification, and the crown of controversy running into Hill.

95' The 5 KG Helmet and 2 collision with Hill.

96' No notable controversy.

97' The famous Jerez incident.

98' The Coulthard/Schumacher Belgian GP incident, the Win in pitlane British GP, the Frentzen Incident in Canadian GP.

99' No notable incident also miss near half of the season because of accident which caused leg fracture.

00' Minor controversy came at the 2000 Austrian Grand Prix where, after being hit at the first corner, Schumacher slowly moved his stricken car out of the gravel, and abandoned it on the racing line. Critics saw this as an (unsuccessful) attempt to force the race director to restart the race (2000 rules would have allowed him to take the restart in the spare car), a heated discussion between Michal and Mika after Spa GP.

01' I don't remember any particular incident but I think there were few incidents.

02' Austrian GP incident and US GP incident which make FIA to ban all team orders, also a penalty on Montoya for blocking Michal in Malaysian GP.

03' The Michelin Tyre Fiasco.

04' The Monaco tunnel incident with Montoya.

05' The Michelin tyre fiasco and the controversial race win by Michal in USGP.

06' The Rascasse incident and Monza penalty.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I think with the start of a new week we should start on a new driver Yes, most of the years Schumacher was surrounded by controversy but then again most of the champions in the last two decades have pretty much faced similar circumstances. Schumacher has had a lot more than other champions, he was and continues to be a polarizing figure. People either love him or hate him. It's much the same with Alonso now or even Hamilton, but i personally don't like putting Hamilton's name in the same bracket at Schumacher and Alonso.

The incident with Senna was French GP, and one of those things you get from young drivers. Going into the hairpin, he hit Senna and spun him around. Senna was let's just say unhappy about it

1999 had the famous bardge boards fiasco, when the stewards declared them illegal, giving Mika Hakkinen the world title, only to be over ruled later by a couple of judges.

Closed Thread

User Tag List