Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and i know nobody wud believe me...but i m gonna say it..i was watching the practice sessions through the link provided by steve ... was watching on and off but i was connected...in second practice it started to drizzle a lil bit in the end...

When F1 is in Monaco, they are there to show bling bling and not providing anything useful for F1 itself. Even Monaco doesnot comply many FIA standards for holding a race but the money they have provide them the oppurtunity to holds a race as Bernie wants money.
    guess you're rite..

@Blackeye117
    There is no comparision between Kimi and Webber, Kimi is always a No. 1 driver for any team while Webber was never been considered as a solid #1 in any team. So Mr. Steve Slater is doing what he used to do, annoys F1 fans with things that are not correct.
    eddie here is a lesson learned for u...'never take Steve Slater seriously'..

PS: this is my 400th post...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i didnt took that serious but i was angry on him bcoz he was saying that My Fav Driver is not the best there is someone esle like crappy driver webber is better than him ... Now I Have to listen to that crap guy every weekend as Super sports is banned now.. i asked cable operator today he said its closed it wont b coming back soon.. lets c than . i watched practice too by the given link thanks
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius

thz for pics update..never knew they had to change so much stuff for the race
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'm big fan of alonso but this pic kept me laughing again n again when i saw this from the link posted by genius.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -75525
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahahah lollzz .. same here cant stop laughing at this pic .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First things first.

You have to take your chances if and when they come by, not wait for another opportunity. Ask Mario Theissen, if he had not tried being smart and called a halt to BMW developing their 2008 car, the way that championship panned out, they would probably have won it. Instead they decided to develop a car for 2009, it turned out to be a dog and they are no longer in F1.

Kubica must grab any opportunity he gets to get a top drive. The lure of Ferrari is too much for anyone. If they come calling, i would be telling him yes go, take on Alonso, to be the best you have to beat the best in almost equal cars if not identical. But if he is so afraid of Fernando, then it's a different matter. If he doesn't get on well with Alonso after their battles then be it, at least he would know he tried. Renault might be looking good this season, but just like Schumacher will not be able to work the famous Schumacher-Brawn partnership again, Kubica will not be able to recreate the Alonso-Renault years. There were more than two people in play in both those cases at Ferrari and Renault.

Webber would make sense, if he becomes world champion and has no drive or is not retained, where can he go than Ferrari? is there a better place! He would think he can take on Alonso. Other front line teams have drivers signed up for long.
    Massa and Alonso are not friends, not even close to it and as Martin Brundle famously said after Alonso was announced as a Ferrari driver; " Alonso is not looking for a new best friend at Ferrari "

If Raikkonen comes back, and i stick to my view, he was over hyped and over paid, always but damn, he was a quick and uncomplicated driver, a racer's racer without the charisma and flair of Montoya. Again, being an Alonso fan, i would say no one is quicker than Raikkonen over a single lap. As team mates, Alonso will beat him nine out of ten times to the world title, but Raikkonen will out qualifying him and out race him too during the season. If he decides to come back, IF, he will have no problems at Red Bull. Vettel can be a what ever number of times world champion, he cannot match Raikkonen. Vettel is blown away by Webber certain weekends, both in qualifying and races, and Webber is nothing more than a journeyman. Kimi can walk into potentially a championship winning car and destroy everyone.

@genius83

Kimi's lack of motivation in 2008 and early 2009 is down to many things and one of them was Ferrari trying to give an even chance for both their drivers make a fundamental error in desiging 2008 car which was more suited to Massa's style the end result Kimi start loosing motivation as he is the kind of driver who needs a bit more attention then some other drivers.

Sorry brother, i couldn't disagree more. Kimi is the last driver you would think, who needs more attention. He is very different in that respect.
    Just out of curiosity, is it so out of the realm of possibility to think or accept that Alonso is just so much better, so much better than Raikkonen was, in adapting to a new car, new team, having that team build around him getting the best out of a car.

Ferrari made a car to suit Massa in 2008, when Raikkonen was the reigning world champion? Why would they do that? The F10 was not built with any input from Alonso, he was not even allowed to wear Ferrari gear untill the new year, but he doesn't seem to be having problems. I said all that for arguments sake, just as everything else being said like car was made to suit Massa, Raikkonen lost motivation etc etc, if all that can be believed then there is a chance that the argument i made might be true too. Of course if you happen to be a British journalist, which judging by your name, Steve, i think you are, than it's obvious you won't accept it.

and i know nobody wud believe me...but i m gonna say it..i was watching the practice sessions through the link provided by steve ... was watching on and off but i was connected...in second practice it started to drizzle a lil bit in the end...
    I believe you bimbo pualioni, and don't you just wish you were a hot Italian chick, dream on

i didnt took that serious but i was angry on him bcoz he was saying that My Fav Driver is not the best there is someone esle like crappy driver webber is better than him ... Now I Have to listen to that crap guy every weekend as Super sports is banned now.. i asked cable operator today he said its closed it wont b coming back soon.. lets c than . i watched practice too by the given link thanks
    Eddie dear, like bimbo paulino said, let this be a lesson for you. Stay away from that idiot Slatter, believe me, you will be a better and much wiser F1 fan. I can say without any fear of contradiction, that i have not heard his commentary for more than 5 minutes at a time in the last three -four years. The man is an absolute idiot. I watch the races through online streaming. I even watch races where the commentary is in Spanish or German or Italian, not understanding a word except the names, but i refuse to listen to Steve Slatter. The TV is always on mute during races.

We still have SS, be it the wrong one with my cable guy insisting on showing soccer

@genius83

Just another example came last season before Alonso's contract with Ferrari was announced Steve Slater wrote in one of his column's that Alonso is going on a one year contract to McLaren for 2010 season while in 2011 he will join Ferrari and we knows at that time that it was not possible at all.
    Steve Slatter should share his secret with us? tell us, was he you dropped on his head at birth or is this something he acquired through years of hard work? Oh and please, for the love of what ever is near and dear to him, i hope he is not married and never does. He cannot spread this stupidity! There should be a law against it.

@Blackeye1117

Seen the certificate, Steve seems convinced. We will leave it to him though he might ask you to take bimbo Paulino for a test drive to see if all is working over to you Steve, in race central

Ferrari's pace looks good. Last year the fastest time,Q2 was 1:14.514 by Raikkonen. There is more time to come obviously with Mclaren clearly sand bagging i believe but Ferrari looks good. Mercedes have reverted back to the shorter wheel base car for this race so it will be interesting to see how Schumacher and Rosberg go this weekend. Rosberg lost a lot of time this morningbut Schumacher seems to be pretty close to him on times when they were out on track together. Qualifying should be fun.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I just don't understand why you think I am in any way degrading Alonso's efforts until now in Ferrari. If I am saying that Kimi needs a bit more attention then it is rather degrading Kimi and not Alonso because special attention is only provided to those who lack something, if a driver can't point out the problem in the car in a 5 min debrief then certainly team have to give him some extra time to point out the problem even if it means they have to unbolt the whole car for him or whatever is needed to be done to solve his problems.

Kimi in Ferrari can't get that type of attention in 2008 and early 2009 but when he gets that his results shows improvements. I am also amazed that you are neglecting the fact that F60 was the worst car by Ferrari after over a decade and that is what Luca Di Montzemelo and other team members have accepted whole heartedly. Kimi made the comment just before the last race I think that F60 was not as bad as Fisichella and Badoer made it looks like.

Yes, Ferrari have build the car in 2008 for Massa's style and there are many reasons, Michal wants an even playing field and at the time of car designing he has much more influence on the team then in 2009. Massa has come out in public saying that I am not a 2nd driver to Kimi, although I was a 2nd driver for Michal but not now, because now we both are at the same level.

And I have said it previously and I am saying it again Kimi likes throw his cars in the corners in McLaren days but in Ferrari we have not seen him doing such things until last half season of 2009 when he was throwing his car in the corner and a glimpse of old Kimi was showing.Why in the first place he was not able to show the same thing in early 2 and a half years, is it the car, or Kimi's motivation or something else???? I don't understand???

I am not an english journalist and just to prove that I have change my name from Steve to Stefan Edburg. I think you know who is he??

@All
    Believe it or not but yesterday my cable operator has accidentally tune SS2 and I have seen the last 1/3 session of practice session 2 live.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

O Stefan you are one lucky person

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how about mercedes Gp now...rosberg was second on second practice..can the mercedes Gp perform batter......although ferrari and red bull looking more strong .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Practice Sessions Never tells the real story ... so lets wait for the qualifying and alonso's fastest lap was on his long run ... soo lets wait and see

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Degrading Alonso, i don't know where i said or implied that. If you wish to praise or criticize a driver, you are obviously entitled to your opinion like everyone else. I can only compare Raikkonen to Alonso, i can't possibly compare him to Chandhok, now can i ? I can compare him to Schumacher, if i want to insult him i can compare him to Hamilton. But what better way to compare two drivers, one who was replaced by the other.

I have a sneaky suspicion, you are spending a lot of time on planetf1 forums. Schumacher had a big say in designing Ferrari's F1 car, when he had retired, and Ferrari actually designed it as per his suggestions to help Massa, and ignore the driver they paid millions to hire for one reason, win titles for them, their reigning world champion Why didn't Schumacher help Ferrari save those millions by making Ferrari make Massa their #1, their team leader, after Schumacher retired and not have to hire Raikkonen. If they can design cars based on his input to favour one driver they sure can hire and fire a driver, no? Schumacher was a paid Ferrari driver, nothing less nothing more. He didn't own Ferrari to make those decisions. Ferrari, and Schumacher would have been crucified in Italy if that had happened.

This was the extent of his influence towards the end of his career at Ferrari.
    The True Story of Michael Schumacher’s “Retirement”?

Don't know if i posted this before, i have very little interest in having a long discussion or any discussions with Schumacher fans, you know who they are. Two types of fans, one who like a driver but can see his faults, the second kind, ones that you made me delete my last paragraph about, remember? You know they exist

Raikkonen had no motivation, it's simple as that at least to me. He wanted a fast car, a race winning car without having to put a lot of work into it. That hardly ever happens. You think Schumacher for example got all that success because Ferrari made a fast, reliable car and he just turned up on weekends, drove it, won the race, sparayed champagne, talked to the media a little and went home, only to return two weeks later to win and repeat all that. He had so much going for him, but he had amazing dedication too and worked extremely hard.

If we go by what and how you have described Raikkonen, then there is little left to discuss. He was not good enough, if he needs special attention, if he can't give a good debrief, can't help the team solve the cars handling issues, he could not work on the car during the season to get it more to his liking, his team designed the car for a second tier driver, one who is not even in the top five and possibly six drivers, and if you count Schumacher, not even in the top seven and if going by my list not in the top eight drivers, and importantly enough a retired driver, who was pushed from the team, got them to design a car to suit his team mate and not him. Damn, he was really over hyped in that case.

Drivers at the top of their profession seldom have off days, if at all. They don't get beaten by their team mates, and if they do it's not more than two or three races, never mind almost two years unless their team mate is almost at the same level as him. If all that happened to Raikkonen, then i guess he really was over rated.

My opinion, he lost motivation. He never had any skills developing a car because of his racing background which is almost non-existent when he arrived in F1. He enjoyed fast cars, he had/has talent, disliked the media, racing made him a rich man, he won a world title and that was enough for him. Such was his level of stupidity, if one can use that word-that after being effectively fired by Ferrari, what can be more humiliating than being paid not to do something because you do it so bad, he went around asking X amount of millions to drive for other teams, demanding only a championship winning car. I mean-that is something that would have looked good with Schumacher at the end of 2006, not Raikkonen.

Anyway, we can continue this discussion after the race is over like the tire war discussion. Bimbo might have something to say about it, being a Raikkonen fan. And no, i on behalf of everyone insist and vote for your name to remain Steve aka WTE.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dark horse Kubica says all is possible<!-- end title -->
    Robert Kubica reckons anything is now possible for him at the Monaco Grand Prix, after he emerged as a dark horse for victory following a strong showing in practice.

Trulli to teams: Don't complain about Q1<!-- end title -->
    Jarno Trulli says he will be furious if any of the top teams or drivers end up complaining about traffic in Monaco qualifying - because they all failed to come up with an alternative solution.

Disc split caused Vettel's brake issues<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing has revealed that Sebastian Vettel's brake problem in the Spanish Grand Prix was caused by a freak split of the front-left disc.

Ecclestone working to secure HRT future<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says he is working to make sure all 12 teams finish the season, suggesting the Hispania Racing squad has financial issues.

McLaren plays down Pat Fry's exit<!-- end title -->
    McLaren is confident that its form will not be hit too much by the departure of chief engineer Pat Fry.

Alonso targets 'perfect' qualifying<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso thinks he and Ferrari will have to deliver a 'perfect' performance in qualifying at Monaco if it is going to have a chance of carrying forward its strong practice pace into the race.

Sauber says drivers have full backing<!-- end title -->
    Peter Sauber has delivered a firm vote of confidence in drivers Pedro de la Rosa and Kamui Kobayashi - after admitting he has been baffled by reports suggesting that their places have been under threat.

@UK
    You have bring Alonso with these remarks "Just out of curiosity, is it so out of the realm of possibility to think or accept that Alonso is just so much better, so much better than Raikkonen was, in adapting to a new car, new team, having that team build around him getting the best out of a car." in a discussion which have nothing to do with Alonso. And now you are saying that you have not degrade Alonso, bro If I have said anything about Alonso then your those remarks were justified but I have not said a single word about Alonso.

I could assure you that I don't like Alonso but my not liking him is not because of his abilities but something else, for his abilities and racecraft I admire him and will remain an admirer forever.

No, my assumptions and comments about Raikkonen is not based on PlanetF1 topics but from other forums and even from some news pieces from 2008 and 2009 which I could provide the Autosport links but they will no use as you need to be a subscriber to read old news pieces.

Do you know who has designed the Ferrari's F2007 car, and no it was not designed by Rory Byrne.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

great...i read it completely, all parts, and must say i was stunned at this revelation...seriously... i always thought it was schumi's own decision.. very insightful...thanks..

and about Kimi...well i can't write a spiel in favor of raikkonen like u've written somewhat against him..(gosh how long did it take u to write it, and thanks for the paras..made it easier to read )...i guess your point of view is more on technical aspect of it..like what driver in a team must or must not do...while i like to talk in terms of entertainment value...

i mean a viewer wudn't care if driver driving his car had given any inputs in development or not.. if the drivers r racing on track they've got what they've got... they've to win using their skills and strategy..certainly no car development can be carried out during the race of course..

kimi raced good..i don't care whether he participated in development or not.. but on raceday he used to drive good...thats all what i want..
    ur point of view is critical of driver and his professionalism..which is correct too...

And no, i on behalf of everyone insist and vote for your name to remain Steve aka WTE.
    ditto...i vote for steve...u can't change...
    u can run u can hide but u can't escape my love (steve )...paula's calling ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

What has Aldo Costa got to do with anything ? Unless he was secretly employed by Schumacher and we didn't know One would think that Schumacher's influence was at it's peak with Todt in charge, Brawn running the team, Byrne designing the car and Stepney there.

The Alonso part is just to compare him, Raikkonen to a driver of his era. Again, who should i compare Raikkonen's work ethic with? He , Alonso, looks to be the logical choice because they competed against each other and their names are taken pretty much in the same breath. Who else can he be compared with, and yes, rather than making excuses for Raikkonen one can say his work ethic, race craft and technical abilities were never on the same level as say Fernando Alonso. Okay so you don't want that name, who should i replace it with Schumacher? Okay not on the same level as Schumacher, but then you will go and say only one or two drivers were on Schumacher's level or maybe no one ever was. AND that's why Alonso comes in, same circumstances, same team, same postion, same team mate, same people running the team.

Anyway, provide me the autosport links if you can please. I am a subscriber, and i would like to read news that implied Schumacher's role in the design of the car, his influence on the design of 2008 car, Ferrari wanting to favour Massa over Raikkonen etc etc.

@Bimb

I wrote a much bigger piece, then saved it and didn't post it here

My argument is simple-thats the requirement of modern day successful F1 drivers. It's that work ethic which separates the good from the very good and from the best. You either have that or you don't. Can't have things like cars designed by Schumacher to help Massa etc. Have one designed for Massa, ooopppsss i am going to take that name again, Alonso, put him in the same car and see what he does to Massa in a car designed for Massa. Schumacher in his glory years, same situation and he would blow away his team mate. The list is endless or shall i say very exclusive. The great ones, who will drive around a problem, give them any car, give them HRT, they will extract the most out of it and then there are the likes of Raikkonen and to me one better than him, Montoya His aggressive style, his flair, the swagger with which he would win when he did. A racer's racer. That's a different breed, Raikkonen belongs there.

And yes, don't make Steve get away with changing his name. Just because you had a se* change, he thinks it's easy to change names

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I could understand what you are saying but if you are comparing the best driver of this generation (i.e. Alonso) with a driver who you think lack the motivation then tell me are you doing justice or not. Because for me this is not justice for either of them.

We both knows how Alonso lost the 2007 title, we also knows that Luca wants Alonso in Ferrari at the end of 2006 for 2007 onwards, tell me if you are in an organization who don't want you what you would do, because if I am ever been found myself in such a situation I would resign immediately the very first movement I feel they don't need me.

Kimi joins the Ferrari knowing the fact that he was not the first choice to replace Michal, how could you expect him to do anything extraordinary for a team who could throw him out for no reason. Yes, they throw him out for no reason in 2009, if they have did this after 2008 then it was justifiable but after bringing the worst car for over a decade they shouldnot do that.

As for comparing, next time compare Michal and Button, I would not object because you looks like feels good to do unjustice with your favourite driver, which I would never do to even those whom I don't like. A better choice would be Hamilton and Chandhok don't you think???

Sorry for being harsh. I will try to find the related news links.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

*cough cough*
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

O O ..... Alonso Banged His Ferrari Hard ... Hope gets His Ride Running Perfectly soon before quali

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just 1 hour to go

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fernando Alonso won't be taking part in qualifying in Monaco because his car is too badly damaged to be repaired

autosport.com - F1 News: Alonso forced to miss Monaco qualifying

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As JPM would have said , what a fu***ng idiot!!!!
    That car was mega around Monaco. "Everything rests on Massa" according to the Ferrari guy on twitter. LOL!

Come on Schumacher, show some of that old magic. I am resigned to supporting you, now that Alonso is out of it. On second thoughts, Kubica would be okay too. So, my hopes rest on a 41 year old geezer and a guy who is making his car look better than it is.

Closed Thread

User Tag List