Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Funny what pressure does to people. Comprehensively out performed in the last two races, Vettel made a silly move and then turned on his team mate before even completing the pass. Webber did not move even once from the line he had, though he made the mistake of not covering the inside line which allowed Vettel to try the pass. For a guy, who can't pass anyone even if his life depended on it, Vettel sure was very ambitious to try it on his team mate. His mistake, he should own up to it and move on.
    The blame was firmly layed at his door by Brundle, Coulthard and Whitmarsh. Eddie Jordan was on a different wave length though.
    Either way, it makes for a fascinating season. Most likely, a four way battle for the title. Both Red Bull drivers, Hamilton and Alonso. The rest are all supporting cast.

Similar story at Mclaren and it was only when Hamilton realized the cameras were on him did he return and " pretend " all was okay within the team. There might be more to it, both drivers were given orders to cruise to the finish and save fuel. Button took 1.4 seconds out of Hamilton on that lap, don't know if Hamilton made a mistake, and might feel Button tried to take advantage of the situation when they were supposed to be cruising. Button didn't do a good enough job to defend on the start finish straight and that was his race win gone.

@genius83

LOL!! She was giving an interview after the race, saying " i nearly had a heart attack ( talking about the Button-Hamilton battle ) and i didn't know the cameras were on me. I am so passionate about racing, i get so much into it" and before she could yap away more, DC cut her saying, "yeah yeah we know the camera is never on you, thanks "

I think one person who must have enjoyed the sight more than me is Beglar

@m_waqas

Beware now In case you refuse to watch a race or something, i could turn all that attention towards you Ahh btw, some of the new parts are coming for Canada and the bigger package will be on the car in time for European GP. Confirmed by the man himself. Here

How much that helps only time will tell. Both tracks should suit their car a lot more than tracks like Barcelona, Istanbul, Silverstone or Suzuka.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its very good week for hamilton and nicole. hamilton won the turkish gp and nicole won dancing with stars competition.

and man what ive to say about steve slater he is just an old man, now he has hiccup in his commentary,hear him when drive line up shows before starting the warm up lap....every time he misses one or two drivers name.....

and hamilton is reckless coz he needs to finish this race with everything intact, and his gf....awsum....oops m ban to nai hojaonga????

and i laugh on button when he try to overtake hamilton, but he didnt know that the person front of him is MR.LEWIS HAMILTON.

but in the end....winning is winning hamilton won the gp, next CANADIAN GP.let see what will happen RBR driver is it gonna be penalised or what?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sauber happy to end points drought
    Sauber's technical director James Key welcomed the team's first point of the season following a double-finish in the Turkish Grand Prix.

Webber in fuel-save mode before crash<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber had to turn his engine down on the lap that Sebastian Vettel tried to pull a move on him for the lead, Red Bull Racing has confirmed, but the team insists that was still no excuse for its drivers colliding.

@m_waqas
    Can you please elaborate about how you think ESPN Star's coverage of F1 has improved from previous years because they are still doing the same thing they use to do in previous years.

@UK
    Are you watching Indy 500???
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius..
    ha...as far as i remember they (espn/starsports) never showed drivers going to the area before they come on stage...also they showed more of the on-track scenes before and after the race instead of showing their chattering in the studios...its not best especially till steve is there..but i thought they've improved...

no doubt SuperSports was the best though...

Beware now In case you refuse to watch a race or something, i could turn all that attention towards you
    no need bro -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon11 ...i think we both need to focus more on our respective drivers instead of starting fight mid season ...u did brilliant job today man -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14 ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    I think the reason for a bit more showing of on and off track scenes is Force India, Karun Chandhok, and most likely Bernie's demand. Plus I think the GP feed itself is showing more then they were showing a few years back.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I missed the start Watching it now.

You know the real reason why he/she/it thinks star sports espn coverage is better, so stop pretending. It's because of you, and we know he/she/it's feelings for you
    What happened to Castroneves? Will Power probably has the fastest and best car but his lack of experience on ovals might hurt him.
    Okay nevermind, I found him. He is in second place Watch what he does if he wins, his celebrations are a little different to others. Not something we will see in F1.

@m_waqas

Good! As long as we are on the same page, brother I have to pick a different target for next race, my eyes are on a silver car, i mean the silver ones that matter, not the also-rans

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ All I Didnt Watched The Race ... So Will Be Download It And then Watch .... I Love When A Team mate Bangs His car Into his Team Mate .. Its Fun To Watch
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i'm waiting for Ferrari to come up with the pace along with the RBR and McLaren. Then it'll be real fun to watch these cars fighting real hard. in my view the no fuel pit stops has made pit stops boring.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull denies favouring Vettel<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull's motorsport advisor Helmut Marko insists that both its Formula 1 team's drivers are treated exactly the same - even though he has publicly blamed Mark Webber for trying to defend his position during his Turkish Grand Prix crash.

Off Topic Indy 500
    Franchitti dominates the Indy 500<!-- end title -->
    Dario Franchitti claimed his second Indianapolis 500 victory with a commanding drive for Ganassi in the 2010 edition of the IndyCar Series' premier race.

Andretti regains third place at Indy<!-- end title -->
    Marco Andretti has been restored to third place in the Indianapolis 500 after the race organisers reviewed footage of the moments after the final full course caution was called.

Conway breaks leg in huge crash<!-- end title -->
    Dreyer & Reinbold driver Mike Conway sustained a broken left leg in his horrific crash on the final lap of the Indianapolis 500.

@UK
    I lost the net connection just after 150 laps completion so have not seen the last 1/4 of the race.

Also in the WRC Kimi's teammate Sebastian Ogier has win the Rally of Portugal beating Sebastian Loeb and Sebastian Loeb is considering him his biggest rival for this season.

@All
    Reply with honesty to this question "Do you think this race is better then the previous races this season?" Yes or No.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reply with honesty to this question "Do you think this race is better then the previous races this season?" Yes or No.
    NO...considering what happened yesterday at the end of the race, it created some excitment but other than that it was a normal / boring race...
    race with rain (don't remember exactly which was it) was good ...

@eddie...
    eddie u r one unlucky kid ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

despite this denial it seems that RBR is favoring vettel..

Excerpts:
    "he has publicly blamed Mark Webber for trying to defend his position during his Turkish Grand Prix crash."

"He [Vettel] was already ahead, at least two metres ahead, and there was a corner to the left side coming, so he had to go for the line."

"The large mistake remains that not enough room was given..."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post

@eddie...
    eddie u r one unlucky kid ..

Yup Bimbo ... I Wont Be Able to Watch Next race too and race after that too and race after that too .. thanks to KESC

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Blackeye117
    I think you would be able to see the next race as it will be around 9 or 10 PM PST as it is in Canada but after that yes you could miss the races.

@m_waqas
    What else you want them to do, they have decided to not give Webber a new contract and Webber is taking a revenge by doing this.

Seriously, I am happy that RedBull has decided to back Vettel because last year it was him who has shown how to fight till the second last race, Webber and RedBull has given up hope on the title chance and Vettel was not giving up that. A wrong penalty and a chaotic qualifying has ruined his chance.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Genius ... sad For ME As 10 Pst Is loadshedding time on my side .. ... thats why i said .. hard luck again brother

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull vows to avoid driver fallout<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel have been told by their team that they will not be allowed to take any bad feelings from their Turkish Grand Prix clash into the next race of the season - as Red Bull Racing chiefs vow to move quickly to try and prevent the situation spiralling out of control.

Renault praises Petrov's performance<!-- end title -->
    Renault boss Eric Boullier has praised the breakthrough performance of Vitaly Petrov in Turkey last weekend - even though the Russian failed to finish in the points.

Ferrari pins hopes on Valencia upgrade<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari is pinning hopes of a return to form on a major upgrade package that it is scheduling for introduction at the European Grand Prix in Valencia next month.

@Blackeye117
    Really amazing and sorry to hear that you could miss the next race too.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its okay .. I Hope Some Day I'll Enjoy The Full live Action Of F1 too ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, it was the best dry race of the season. I was looking forward to a race like this for sometime, where the Red Bull, not on a track that rewards aerodynamic efficiency like Barcelona or to the same extent, would be in the mix with either Mclaren or Ferrari. I felt all along-that their race pace was never as impressive as their qualifying pace. Ferrari ran them very close in early part of the season and Mclaren seems to have overcome their qualifying woes and should run them close now.

Webber was right in not moving an inch. If he moved once, he would have been expected to move every time. Red Bull can do what ever they like and say what they want, they have a huge task on their hands. Managing their drivers now is not something Horner seems capable of doing. Maybe someone like Adrian Newey might be more helpful.

Vettel put the pass on Webber, and the onus is on Vettel to complete it. People are not going to get out of their cars and get on their knees and bow as he goes past. If he was getting on the dirty side, as the Red Bull press release says, then he clearly knew the risk he was taking. He got what he deserved and there will be more in coming races hopefully.
    When i see a sissy driver like Vettel trying his half a$$ed pass, i wish there was a Villeneuve, a Montoya, or Schumacher in his prime. They would have buried him in the run off area. Next time, i hope he tries it on the Alonsos and the Hamiltons of this world.

@genius83

Were you not watching it on ESPN? One of the links on the net was only showing me aerial footage with commentary, and the other was showing a normal race but no commentary

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

McLaren praises 'sensible' drivers<!-- end title -->
    McLaren has praised the 'exceptional' behaviour of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button in being able to fight wheel-to-wheel without colliding.

Mercedes still hoping for more in 2010<!-- end title -->
    Mercedes GP may be making progress with the development of its car, but motorsport boss Norbert Haug says the outfit will not be satisfied until it is winning.

@UK
    You are giving me a heart attack, first I was expecting a flambouyant reply from you about Vettel/Webber incident last night but your reply at that time was a bit softer then my expectations and now you are saying that this is the best dry race of the season and that too on a Tilke track.

One thing is for sure that a line has been drawn between Webber and Vettel and even if Christian Horner would be able to stop this from expanding for now but it will be a matter of another wrong decision by RedBull in the future to fuel the fire in either of them and specially Webber. Even in the qualifying of this race neither of them was happy of changing their exit sequence in the Q3.

RedBull already have enough of weird mechanical failures that any thing further would just been suspected to be a delibrate attempt. I don't remember I have so many weird failures like these, Wheel Nut failure, Spark plug issue, brake pad thin, and now the Anti roll bar failure.

As for Indy 500, at my side the TV cable was down because of loadshedding and that too a long one. So I can't see the race on ESPN. I have seen the highlights of Indy 500 on Youtube and the last crash was really horrific and after knowing that Conway only sustained a broken leg it is a small injury considering how bad it could be.

Why are you not watching the race on IndyCar's website, you just need to be registered to see and they show it for free. They also gives you choices of see from 3 or 4 selected drivers onboard cameras too. I was watching the race on that.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I was not aware of their website showing the race and as you say, giving viewers an option to watch the race from different onboard cameras. This is in a long list of things why F1 cannot compete with IRL or NASCAR for that matter, when it comes to giving fans more options.

I didn't like the race because of Tilke designed track It was more to do with how it went, with Mclaren running Red Bull so close. I enjoyed that part of it and to see that Red Bull can't cope with pressure in the same way as other well established teams might.

Yes, things are quite bad at Red Bull and it's hard to imagine they will improve. They have changed their stance a few times since yesterday about something which is quite clear to the neutrals. Horner is a only a few years older than Webber, and in this situation one needs a father figure to help the team through crisis. Some like Ron Dennis, Frank Williams, Patrick Head, Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Pat Symonds, LDM or even Flavio Briatore. Compare those names with what you have at Red Bull, and you can see the problem. Again, the only person I feel can do anything about it is Adrian Newey. He commands respect of people not only in is team but up and down the pitlane.

One other thing i enjoyed. All the talk before the start of the season, mostly from English press, was about one team and it's drivers having problems, and implying it will be because of one driver. Funny, that almost all front running teams have now had fall outs with the exception of that one team. Things are not great at Mercedes, things changed quite a bit between Mclaren drivers yesterday and what happened at Red Bull is for all to see. Even after the China incident, and press continued to play it up, things don't look so bad at that one team-that the press had us believe would fall apart within the first couple of races. That gives me a lot of pleasure

Going back to the end of Indy500, too bad a certain driver was not there on the last lap when the yellows came out. He might have nicked a place or two at the end and made IRL officials clarify some of their rules too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vettel started feeling insecure after being beaten by team mate in just two races straight...

i also wanted button to stay ahead once he overtook hamilton...but hamilton would've cried with tears ...lolz... no offence alli bro...

Horner is a only a few years older than Webber, and in this situation one needs a father figure to help the team through crisis. Some like Ron Dennis, Frank Williams, Patrick Head, Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Pat Symonds, LDM or even Flavio Briatore. Compare those names with what you have at Red Bull, and you can see the problem. Again, the only person I feel can do anything about it is Adrian Newey. He commands respect of people not only in is team but up and down the pitlane.
    hmm...interesting..why should any team must have a father figure to cope with these sort of situations?...why can't drivers be controlled?...

i mean if i have an F1 team (ahh..will only remain a wish).. and i m the boss...why can't i tell my drivers to cool off and and that too in strict manner?...drivers are paid by team, they too r employees of the team, they're not doing any favors to the team they're getting paid for it and rather handsomely i would say...

Closed Thread

User Tag List