Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Yes, it is true both Alex and Steve Slater will be commentating during the races. As it is a extended highlights package so they will be showing only the exciting parts of the races and not the complete race. This program was started in November for the HongKong and other far-East countries but they didnot show the program in sub-continent region.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    BRDC wants to hold the British GP on the newer section of the Silverstone track here is the pic of the new layout.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -8941
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @genius83 for explaining in detail and also @uncle kracker. I am sad to see iceman go also i read on planetf1 website today interview of citeron rallying boss say kimi raikkonen can be going in to the bigger senior team in 2011 i am hopping he perform bad and crash many time so he come back in to formula 1 & rediscover his passion.
    Also sorry i dont understand the changes to silverstone circut. can you ppl please explain which part is changed? i am thinking it is the last section. i dislike that track always it has no overtaking places. Now 2010 race in silverstone will be sell out, english fans cheering crazy for hamilton & button in same team.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ecclestone welcomes Silverstone deal<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is happy that the future of the British Grand Prix was secured after reaching a deal with Silverstone.

Hill feared for British GP future<!-- end title -->
    BRDC president Damon Hill admitted he feared for the future of the British Grand Prix before a deal was completed to secure the race at Silverstone from next year.

Hamilton delighted by Silverstone deal<!-- end title -->
    Former world champion Lewis Hamilton says he is delighted that the British Grand Prix will stay on at the Silverstone circuit.

Dennis: Car business good for McLaren<!-- end title -->
    McLaren boss Ron Dennis has no doubts his company is doing the right thing in pursuing its road car ambitions - even though that decision proved a catalyst for Mercedes-Benz to switch its focus to Brawn.

Stefan GP still pushing for F1 entry<!-- end title -->
    The Serbian-based Stefan Grand Prix team remains optimistic about its chances of gaining an entry to Formula 1, despite the final slot on the grid having been handed to Sauber.

Ecclestone: Renault considering four bids<!-- end title -->
    Renault is considering bids from up to four parties interested in taking over the team, claims Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

Button glad Silverstone is staying in F1<!-- end title -->
    World champion Jenson Button says he is glad Silverstone will stay on the Formula 1 calendar from next season.

Domenicali confident of better 2010
    Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali is optimistic that his team will enjoy better times both on and off the track next year, after its troubled 2009 campaign.

Brown praises Button's efforts<!-- end title -->
    British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has praised world champion Jenson Button's efforts this year - claiming his success makes him a 'brilliant' ambassador for sport.

@Shehryaar
    Here is the pic of the existing F1 circuit at Silverstone.
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -9230

Now the new circuit which is design for MotoGP race as Silverstone will start to host MotoGP race from next season is as follows
    "The track will be slightly longer than the Grand Prix circuit, as it uses parts of the three main configurations at Silverstone – the Grand Prix circuit from the start-finish to Abbey corner, then turns right to go up part of the International layout in reverse, before joining the National Circuit's straight from a left-hand hairpin known as the Arrowhead. Having negotiated the straight, the bikes will rejoin the Grand Prix circuit at Brooklands." Courtesy to Wikipedia
    So they are changing from Club to Brookland section of existing F1 circuit.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Bro, what time are these races? I was going to inflict some self pain and watch it for a short time but didn't find it either on Star or ESPN. Plus, which races have they shown so far?

@Shehryaar

genius83 has as always explained things. Here is another link. Hope it helps, and good luck with rallying

Race track to be revised

Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    The race telecast timings are 8:30PM to 9:30PM on ESPN tonight they will telecast the famous Australian GP 1994. They only have shown British GP 1994 yesterday and I have posted the schedule of the remaining races in the one of my previous postut here is the schedule again.
    Wednesday 1994 Brazilian GP
    Thursday 1995 Belgian GP
    Friday 1996 Spanish GP (According to most F1 fans Michal's best wet weather drive in a dog of a car).
    All the races are shown at the same time on ESPN.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Button: Mixed feelings about Brawn exit<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button says he is left with mixed feelings about leaving the Brawn GP team, but the world champion claims it was something that he had to do.

Newey 'enthused' by Red Bull progress<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 design genius Adrian Newey says his enthusiasm for the sport has been rekindled by the progress his Red Bull Racing team has made this year.

Silverstone confident over ticket sales<!-- end title -->
    British Grand Prix bosses are confident that next year's event can still be a sales success, even though the race's future was only sorted out this week.

Fernandes set to stay as Lotus boss<!-- end title -->
    Tony Fernandes is set to stay on as Lotus F1 Racing team principal on a long-term basis despite suggesting earlier in the year that he would step down shortly after the start of the 2010 season, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Record ticket sale at Silverstone<!-- end title -->
    The Silverstone circuit has attracted an unprecedented level of demand for tickets after it was announced it would host the Britiwsh Grand Prix from next year.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any news regarding schumacher comeback?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bridgestone reveals tweaks for 2010 tyres
    Bridgestone has confirmed that additional tweaks will be made to its tyres before the marque bows out of Formula One at the end of the 2010 season.

Hulkenberg ended F1 test with sore neck
    Nico Hulkenberg has admitted he ended his test with Williams last week with a sore neck.

Sauber to pair known driver with rookie
    Sauber's 2010 driver lineup may feature a veteran alongside an inexperienced youngster.

Di Grassi eyes debut with Renault or Virgin
    Lucas di Grassi has confirmed reports linking him with a seat with the new Manor/Virgin team next year, but says staying at Renault is also a possibility.

Alonso plays down effect of refuelling ban
    Fernando Alonso has played down suggestions the ban on refuelling for 2010 will force drivers to dramatically alter their driving styles.

Buemi not disappointed to lose Toyota option
    Sebastien Buemi insists he is not disappointed about staying at Toro Rosso in 2010 following Toyota's decision to withdraw from Formula One.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Thanks for giving the timings. Luckily i don't have ESPN these days Not going to comment to much on the `96 Spanish GP, but Ferrari has always been a good car in the wet for some reason, and Williams quite the opposite. That day, Williams had dialed in a dry set up on Hill's car and it was Villeneuve's 3rd or 4th wet race ever, not just F1, but of his racing career. Anyway, if you can find the 1995 Japanese GP some where, then try watching that, a lovely race. The list is all Schumacher wins except one, and personally i don't think they are classics with the exception of the Spanish GP in `96. He had many better race wins than the ones being shown. Just my opinion.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default LOL! Bernie is crazy

Big week ahead for F1 in Monaco

The world of motorsport is gathering this week in Monaco for a series of meetings culminating in the World Motor Sport Council on Friday and the gala World Championship presentations on Friday night.
    There are a number of items on the agenda at key meetings for F1 teams and stakeholders this week, the first with Jean Todt as president of the FIA.
    The F1 commission is meeting for the first time in four years and although it is unlikely to agree any significant new measures for next year, because teams would have to agree unanimously, it looks like there could be some interesting refinements of how the race and qualifying will be run and there could be some votes on measures for 2011, which only require a majority. There is talk that some in season testing may be voted back in 2011, as the current situation has proved to be difficult for teams, particularly with bringing on young drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I only wanted to watch old races to find some thing which nowadays we are missing and I have find something the reliability difference of engines between old days and nowadays. I have not been able to watch any race highlights because of KESC but I was able to see the start of British GP and Martin Brundle's McLaren Peugeot had a engine blow up at the very start of the race. While within first 10 laps a Lotus also had a engine blowup, Nowadays such things are almost unimaginable.
    Well regarding Spanish GP I also thinks that Ferrari was perfectly setup for that circuit and those conditions just like Vettel's STR Ferrari in 2008 for Monza's wet GP. For me the best race of Michal's Hungarian GP 1998 where he wins with 4 pitstops and done some astonishing fast laps on a circuit which don't provide much overtaking oppurtunity. The worst race victory of Michal's career is Indy 2005.
    When ESPNStar started the program F1 Classics they have said that they will show races from past 20 years but the first 5 races are from mid 90's so I am a bit disappointed.
    Also do you know that the Silverstone upgradation plan was been proposed back in 2001 with the completion date was set in 2003 just before the British GP. Here is the link

@mani1
    No further updates about Michal until new year.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Yes Bernie really lost it

A lottery for race why not they just stick with the current format.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

You are right about the 1998 Hungarian GP as one of Schumacher's best wins. There are others like the French GP `04, where his strategy was changed mid way through the race putting him on four stops i think and he managed to win. Spanish GP,`94, when he was stuck in fifth gear i think, and managed to win. His first race back, after being given that silly two race ban in 1994, at Jerez. His drive at Nurbergring, `95, and others. As for his worst race or races, there are so many
    The Belgian GP that was shown from `95 is a joke. About half a dozen cars or maybe more, all capable of winning, that were in front of him, broke down when in the lead of the race. Hill got a drive through penalty for speeding in the pitlane, which meant both Williams, both Ferrari cars, Hakkinen's Mclaren, Johnny Herbert's Benetton who lead right at the start and was Schumacher's team mate, spun on lap 3 or something. I think all these cars broke down while leading the race.

Bernie is crazy, he wants to bring fake excitement to F1, and make it WWF or WWE, what ever that crap is. I didn't know about the plan to modify Silverstone, looking at the link you provided, I hope it remains as dull as it is. It will still be a lot better than any Hermann Tilke designed rubbish.

ps Is load shedding still continuing?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I was talking about this race. This is not only a good race, but also an illustration of how competitive although unreliable the Ferrari actually was before Schumacher's arrival, contrary to what people think, and also what a rain master he really was before he got in a Ferrari Am posting the first video, go on from there up to about part 7.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yRAGpmFZxq4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560">

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fry: F1 will improve internet coverage<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 has been wholly guilty of not embracing fans enough through new media, but moves are being made to address the situation in time for the 2010 season.

Teams plan joint launch in Valencia<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 teams are scheduled to put the finishing touches to plans for a common car launch of their 2010 contenders on Thursday, with outfits looking to unveil their machines in Valencia in late January.

Schumacher would be good for F1 - Fry<!-- end title -->
    Mercedes GP CEO Nick Fry believes rumours about former world champions such as Michael Schumacher returning to Formula 1 are great for the sport, as speculation continues to link Schumacher with Fry's team.

Korean GP preparations on target<!-- end title -->
    Korea's plans for its first Formula 1 race are completely on schedule - with race organisers saying their only issue at the moment is sorting out accommodation for fans.

Drivers vote Senna the greatest ever<!-- end title -->
    Three-time world champion Ayrton Senna has been voted the greatest Formula 1 driver of all time by a unique poll of 217 of his fellow world championship drivers conducted by AUTOSPORT magazine.

Wolff open to increased Williams role<!-- end title -->
    New Williams shareholder Toto Wolff says he hopes to play an increasingly large role in the team in the future, but is in no hurry to do so.

@UK
    Thanks for the video I will try to save all the parts on my HDD. Yes, the serpent of loadshedding is still biting us in this part of the year with about 3 hours of loadshedding everyday.
    I know there are many races which could be said as Michal's bad wins but Indy 2005 was a unique one because if Michellin cars have not pullout of the race then the chances of Michal's victory are so low that it needs a miracle for him to win the race and also because this is his only victory that season and if he can't win that race then this season could become his only full season where he remains winless.
    I hope what Fry is saying becomes a reality and we will be able to watch races on internet without using any backdoor methods.
    If Bernie wants to give fake entertainment then try providing a Wacky Races type of accessories in every car including(nails, small tank of oil, waterballoons) and also by installing sprinkler system around the track so that fake rains will be possible or otherwise he can't compete with Mr. McMahon(Chairman WWE) because the later could have a match of no rules apply format where every thing is allowed to beat the opponent.
    As a sidenote F1-live is now become ESPNF1.com
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New point system

Whitmarsh to become FOTA chairman<!-- end title -->
    McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has been voted in as Luca di Montezemolo's successor as the chairman of the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA), AUTOSPORT can reveal.

Teams approve Brawn's name change<!-- end title -->
    World champion team Brawn GP's renaming as Mercedes has been officially ratified by the Formula 1 Commission.

Breaking News

F1 set to adopt new points system<!-- end title -->
    Formula 1 is set for a radical alteration to its points system in 2010 if the World Motor Sport Council approves an F1 Commission proposal to give points to the top 10 finishers in each race.
    Proposed Point System
    1st gets 25
    2nd gets 20
    3rd gets 15
    4th gets 10
    5th gets 8
    6th gets 6
    7th gets 5
    8th gets 3
    9th gets 2
    10th gets 1

Renault reported to have secured its F1 future
    The Renault team will race on in Formula 1 next year after a deal was struck to secure its future.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A good Development

Abu Dhabi to host 2010 season finale<!-- end title -->
    Abu Dhabi will host the final round of the 2010 Formula 1 world championship after a late date change was confirmed by the FIA World Council today.

Ex-F1 drivers to join stewards' panel
    Experienced ex-Formula 1 drivers will be part of the stewards' panel from the start of the 2010 grand prix season.

FIA invites proposals to improve 2010
    The FIA has asked the Formula 1 Sporting Working Group to bring forward proposals for making F1 more entertaining in time to be implemented for the 2010 season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was hopping the winner would be given 100 points, 75 for second place, 50 for third, 25 for fourth, and after that giving points so that every loser on the grid scores something, just in the name of accommodating new teams!! Or better, lets have as many points as there are cars on the grid, say 26 points on offer if it's a 26 car field, and give the winner 26 points, second placed man 25, third 24 points so on and so forth. The artificial World championship will always go down to the last race with five, six drivers in the hunt for the title, if not more. The only good thing in the current scoring system is rewarding the winner with a bigger points gap to second placed man. Try fighting for the world title in an inferior car now, when the likes of a mediocre Button has something like the Brawn GP for the first four , five rounds and the better driver in a struggling Mclaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, or Renault. Good luck making up that kinda gap, especially with no in-season testing allowed. Whoever has a good car at the start of next year, provided he is a half decent driver, has got the championship in the bag. And imagine if it turns out to be the likes of Alonso, Hamilton or Kubica with a dominant car. They don't even make mistakes to give someone a chance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Drivers vote Senna the greatest ever

Three-time world champion Ayrton Senna has been voted the greatest Formula 1 driver of all time by a unique poll of 217 of his fellow world championship drivers conducted by AUTOSPORT magazine. Senna beat Michael Schumacher and Juan Manuel Fangio to top spot in the unique poll, which is the most comprehensive survey of F1 drivers ever conducted.
    The voters had a combined total of 9194 starts and 270 wins, and included starters from all but 10 world championship grands prix (the 11 world championship Indianapolis 500s were excluded from the poll).
    Among the voters were Michael Schumacher, statistically the most successful F1 driver in history, Jose Froilan Gonzalez, the earliest surviving grand prix winner, Paul Pietsch, at 98 the oldest living driver, reigning world champion Jenson Button and much of the current F1 grid.
    AUTOSPORT asked each voter to submit their top 10 'greatest' F1 drivers, and left the definition of 'greatest' open to interpretation.
    "This is an amazing poll that has never been tried before," said AUTOSPORT editor Andrew van de Burgt. "Obviously, it has thrown up some interesting and unexpected results, but you can't argue with how the top 10 has worked out, or the integrity of the poll."

F1'S Greatest as voted by their peers

<!-- Begin Main Box-->

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 183 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

User Tag List