Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I think last year Webber have made it clear that he will not help Vettel in his title chance even if his own chance for the title is over. This statement was comes just after Monza, I think.

As for your scenario, I agree with the second one that if Vettel would in a fuel saving mode and leading while Webber is driving in full throttle then Vettel should not ask for Webber to slow down, but the first scenario is time dependant what if it happens in the last race and Webber's chance of winning the title is over even if he wins, but if Vettel wins he could take the title then a gentlemen's agreement before the race could do the trick. And this is a scenario for both drivers not one.

One thing I don't want is Austria 2002 farce and team orders like that.

@m_waqas
    You want Vettel's reaction for what, Kimi is a driver who don't give a damn about others and what others are doing. Why you think Vettel will be bothered to show his reactions if Kimi came back as his teammate.

@Blackeye117
    Why you want Kimi to show something which has already been showed by a young driver. Do you forget Buemi driving wheels off an F1 car literally.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ya ditto..i don't want team orders too...

will vettel remain the favored child of RBR if kimi returns, and will kimi be forced to support this child as second driver?...if thats the case i think kimi won't be interested in coming back...kimi wants to have a race wining car and a full shot at driver's championship...that will not be a good situation for vettel and i want to see his reaction to this situation.....anyway leave it...we'll see what happens IF kimi returns..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@steve i want kimi back bcoz i dont know why i want him to come back to be honest lol

@bimbo ... he dont a thing about others what he wants a winning car what he'll surely get at redbull .. He Wont Be botherd what vettel or redbull doing .. he will come on the race week end get in the car drive around the circuit and go home

one more thing vettel came from redbull's driver program so redbull wants to show vettel on screen and present vettel in front of every one and kimi dont want any of that so they'll be happy with that too
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lotus signings a 'statement of intent'<!-- end title -->
    Lotus' chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne has described the signing of leading design personnel Mark Smith, Marianne Hinson and Lewis Butler from Force India as a 'statement of intent'.

Kobayashi: Turkey point just a start<!-- end title -->
    Kamui Kobayashi says his Sauber team should not be satisfied with its performance so far this year despite having scored its first point in Turkey.

Red Bull looks to extend Vettel contract<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing is making moves to secure Sebastian Vettel's future at the team until the end of 2015, AUTOSPORT has learned, in a bid to head off interest from rival teams.

Teams expect 2011 tyres test in summer<!-- end title -->
    Mercedes GP boss Ross Brawn says he expects teams to be able to test the 2011 tyres before the current season is over.

Haug: Red Bull situation a nightmare<!-- end title -->
    Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug says the clash between Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber is a 'nightmare' for Red Bull Racing.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Silverstone's complex making progress<!-- end title -->
    The construction of Silverstone's new pit and paddock complex is well underway, British GP organisers said on Thursday.

Red Bull 'draws line' under Turkey crash<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing says it has a drawn a line under the crash between Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber in Turkey following a meeting in its factory on Thursday.

Jenson Button awarded MBE
    Fresh from his second place in Sunday's Turkish Grand Prix, Jenson Button took a break from his schedule to receive an MBE at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.

Kubica staying put, says manager
    Robert Kubica will remain a Renault driver during the 2011 season, his manager has hinted.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry but there seems to be no end to it.
    F1 strategy – Cutting it fine on fuel

Sunday’s Turkish Grand Prix was a fairly normal race by 2010 standards until the controversial collision between the two Red Bull team mates.
    But that collision happened because of some big decisions on fuel saving tactics, which are becoming clearly a critical part of the story behind the races. And in the case of the Red Bull collision it lead us to reach a fascinating conclusion.
    And what has been exposed by this incident is how teams are managing the fuel use during the races, how little margin everybody is running and how close they all are to running out of fuel at the end of the race.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Total Offtopic: IRL related.

@UK
    Have you read IRL's next generation engine plans, they are allowing any configuration with the max at 6 cylinders and Turbo charging is returning too.

IndyCar announces 2012 engine plan<!-- end title -->
    The IndyCar Series' 2012 engine formula will see a return to turbocharged power, and will allow manufacturers greater freedom to choose their engine configuration.

Also, look how Mike Conway's manager former F1 driver Mark Blundell has reacted about the accident.

IRL urged to act over Conway crash<!-- end title -->
    Double Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Luyendyk and former Marlboro 500 winner Mark Blundell have called on the IndyCar Series to act to curb teams employing fuel-saving strategies on ovals in the aftermath of Mike Conway's accident.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton sure of keeping momentum<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton is convinced his McLaren team will continue to win races this year following his first victory of the season in Turkey.

Engine parity key to RBR's Renault deal<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull team principal Christian Horner says moves to equalise engine performance are likely to be crucial in his team deciding to stick with Renault engines or not.

McLaren bullish about qualifying pace<!-- end title -->
    McLaren's chief engineer Tim Goss believes the British squad is now ready to match the pace of Red Bull Racing in qualifying trim.

Brawn: Mercedes F-duct still needs work<!-- end title -->
    Mercedes GP boss Ross Brawn has admitted that his team's F-duct system is still not working as efficiently as it should.

@ALL
    Forget every thing about the RedBull incident, just tell me one thing when in the real world and on race track any car is in a position to overtake. Is it not when they are faster then the car in front of them, if yes then why people are taking it as if Vettel was trying to do a sin against Webber???

And all of this fuel stuff, certainly we have seen Webber was fighting with Hamilton in the early laps before the first pits, so he was trying to stay ahead by trying to goes faster then Hamilton is going in doing so using more fuel then they have calculated it for that part. While Vettel was driving in a normal mode at the start and has enough fuel around the time of incident to use it to his benefits.

There is no data available for what I have said, but there is something known as common-sense and Human instinct and I am using them for the above analysis.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Scene Is Set At The Redbull .... Weeber Will Leave ... They Will Say Then Make Something Up and say bla bla bla thats why webber left ....

Vettel Is From there Program And They Dont Want To lose Him ...

The incident .... vettel did nothing wrong And there might be something big going inside coz i think massa and kubica had the same kind of touch of wheels but they held it nice and clean .... smoke came from the tires and they were clean .. the question is why vettel and webber were unable to held it clean ... There might be something big going in there .. who knowss...
    And At the End who dont want a World champion in their car and thats not a some one but kimi ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think no one has said Vettel committed a sin trying to pass Webber. It's a different matter that he can't pass anyone but that's an argument for another day.

So, Webber was in fuel saving mode and under attack from Vettel, who in turn was supposedly under threat from Hamilton. That is why Vettel needed to pass Webber, right? Because he would have been over taken by Hamilton.

Once passed by Vettel, how would Webber handle Hamilton, if he was running low on fuel and struggling. Is it okay-that Hamilton should pass Webber for second place, but not okay if he passes Vettel? I think Vettel, if all these theories are right about him having more fuel etc, would have been better placed to defend against Hamilton, should he have attacked the Red Bull of Vettel for second place than Webber.

As for it being a sin, passing a driver, be it your team mate is no sin but taking him out of the lead and costing your team a comfortable 1-2 is a sin and not accepting blame but expecting your team mate to move over and give you more space, so you can over take him for the lead of the GP is sheer stupidity. If that's required, then Red Bull need to hire Irvine, Barrichello and a few others, who are very experienced at doing exactly that for Germans

@genius83
    For you, I know you love her secretly

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V88skB7yvuE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V88skB7yvuE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Awsum

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@overtaking a sin..
    agreed with UK..

plus i think vettel should've sacrificed (wasn't a sacrifice much though - got 2nd from 3rd) for his team and supported webber instead of trying to run away from hamilton scared..

vettel made a mistake not by overtaking but by making hurried overtaking maneuver which took him out and cost his team mate 1st place and RBR a 1-2 finish...

and hmmmmmm...steve likes nicole...thats the reason behind steve-paula breakup...alright...

quote from vdo:
    "...celebrate with hamilton however they decide to celebrate." ....haha..lolz...what was he suggesting?..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bimbo You Know What Was He Suggesting

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Dont Like Her At All . Dont Know Why But Somehow She Reminds Me Of Meera (they way of talking is totally pathetic ... )

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wink

@UK
    Why when you are having such close driving contacts are possible, plus Vettel already have paid the price as he can't score any points while Webber even after the contact scores 15 points.

So, you are suggesting that he should remain in the slip stream of Webber and use more fuel so that in a lap or 2 they both would be in fuel save mode and becomes easy targets for both the McLarens. Because when you are trying to run close with another car you are using more fuel then the car ahead just to stay close, I could assure you that if Hamilton was about 10 or so secs behind the move would never happens.

Behind Webber, Vettel has more speed because of a bit more fuel but he has no where to go. His engine starting to get overheated because of the warm air coming from Webber's car and what if the engine overheated and blown up, whom you blame Vettel or Webber.

Last year at Barcelona, we have seen that Massa has a software glitch which makes the team to ask Massa to save fuel for inspection by going into fuel save mode and in doing so he lost 2 positions and one of them was by team orders. Remember "Let Vettel pass, Alonso is not a danger" and Vettel was not Massa's team mate but the team knows their is no way they could fight against him and he would overtake so why not let him pass easily so that a bit more fuel could save.

As for Nicole, oh boy please don't show her here my cable guy is already a big fan of her and used to play her songs on one of his "English Movie Channel". One thing is for sure if F1 cars could have horns Hamilton's car will have Nicole's song "Beep" as horn.

@Bimbo
    Steve never left you, you are the one who left Steve. As I said to Blackeye117 that Man never make mistakes but they appologises for others(Bimbos) mistakes, So I know you would never appologises for that but I could appologise because I am the Man.

@Blackeye117
    I am with you on that I also don't like her, and great comparision.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@steve..
    ok so if RBR would be on fuel save mode at the end of the race don't u think Mclarens would also be doing same?...

and i see you're are missing bimbo...you made her mad by praising 'cheap' pit babes around her..she wasn't expecting that from u...u knew her 'inside out'...lolz..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why when you are having such close driving contacts are possible, plus Vettel already have paid the price as he can't score any points while Webber even after the contact scores 15 points.
    Next time, he should take out Webber from the lead, and if Webber finishes in 10th place he would at least score 1 point Yes, that would be great consolation to Webber and the team.

So, you are suggesting that he should remain in the slip stream of Webber and use more fuel so that in a lap or 2 they both would be in fuel save mode and becomes easy targets for both the McLarens. Because when you are trying to run close with another car you are using more fuel then the car ahead just to stay close, I could assure you that if Hamilton was about 10 or so secs behind the move would never happens.
    You save fuel in the tow, not use more fuel. There is a reason why cars go quicker in the slip stream, less drag. Where was this Hamilton guy, who was such a big threat? He could not pass Webber on fresh tires at the start, and he was some how going to pass Vettel so late in the race?
    If Vettel would not try the pass because Hamilton was 10 seconds behind then he is not a racing driver. No one argues about putting the pass on anyone, it's how he went about it and how he and the team reacted to it after it-that people seem to have a problem with.

Behind Webber, Vettel has more speed because of a bit more fuel but he has no where to go. His engine starting to get overheated because of the warm air coming from Webber's car and what if the engine overheated and blown up, whom you blame Vettel or Webber.
    Why not blame Webber for global warming too Webber should move out so that your hypothetical situation should not occur? Never heard this one before, that the car running in-front should move over because the warm air coming from it is overheating his team mates car behind.

Vettel made a mistake with that clumsy attempt to pass, should be man enough to admit it and move on. The team is not helping by coming out with new stories every day. End of story. It's not the first time team mates have made contact and it won't be the last but i can assure you-that you will not see many instances where it's dealt with in the manner Red Bull has.
    As pointed out by Paula, would the Mclaren on used tires not be going into fuel saving mode too? Especially Hamilton, who attacked Webber quite hard at the start of the race.

@m_waqas
    Sorry, you had to find out this way but yes, Steve has had feelings for that "thing" for a long time. I thought you would help him get over her but seems his feelings are much stronger than we suspected

19. 05-06-2010, 09:16 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sutil hopes his talent is now noticed<!-- end title -->
    Adrian Sutil hopes people can see his real talent now that he has a car that allows him to fight in the points on a regular basis.

@UK
    Hypothetical situations are thought to think for the remedies of them, yes you goes fast in the tow but with RedBull cars it is a different story because of their heavy dependance on upper part of the car's body and rear wing to generate downforce, when they caught in a tow they start loosing speed because of lack of downforce.

I am talking about the stupidity thing of Vettel pulling out a move and then half way into it crashing into his teammate and end up finishing his race for that, he has already paid a price and thats for me is enough. If Webber wants to score more points then he should give more space to the other driver, he may not have waved to left but he has not give enough room to complete the move either.

So being a helping teammate is not a racing driver wow, just wow. You are criticising him for crashing into the teammate, don't know how to overtake, don't have talent, team is favouring him, and when I say that if such thing happens then he would not go for the pass and now you are saying that he is not a racing driver if he do such things. Can you please tell me how I could give you a reason which you think is plausible apart from putting the blame on Vettel because it is getting more and more ridicuolus by every passing day.

The attempt was genuine, and if it was successful then we are hailing it as a good move but he fails and we are saying it is clumpsy and stupidity. Do you know who is been regarded as Genius and Mad, if a radical move is successful then the person who attempted that move is been hailed as Genius otherwise Mad and Stupid. Vettel has made less mistakes this season then Alonso, give him credit for that.

As for McLarens, can you tell me how Button put the move and then Hamilton reciprocate that just after 2 corners. Button's move was also because Hamilton was in fuel save mode and Button was in full racing mode. As soon as Button passed Hamilton, Hamilton change his engine configuration to full racing mode and pulls out the move just after 2 corners. And then they both were told once again by the team that they should run in the fuel save mode.

@m_waqas
    I have given the answer to your question above.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel has made less mistakes this season then Alonso, give him credit for that.
    LOL! You are losing it my friend. What has Alonso got to do with Vettel-Webber situation?

yes you goes fast in the tow but with RedBull cars it is a different story because of their heavy dependance on upper part of the car's body and rear wing to generate downforce, when they caught in a tow they start loosing speed because of lack of downforce.
    I think you are mixing up a car being in the dirty air and having a tow. Every car loses down force in the dirty air and having a tow is when it's passed that part of being in dirty air. Maybe you are talking about stuff that's been written about Red Bull being slightly harder to drive when following a car, i.e. in the dirty air. No car loses speed in the tow. It's unheard off.

If Webber wants to score more points then he should give more space to the other driver, he may not have waved to left but he has not give enough room to complete the move either.
    So, Webber should accept blame for not giving Vettel more room? Room that would allow Vettel to put the pass on him and take the lead of a GP. Are you serious? Did Webber move even once, even once after he took that line?

Yeah, imagine the audacity of that guy, Mark Webber. How dare he hold and defend his position! He should give every one acres of space so they can all pass him, in the hope that he will finish the race and score a few points. He should not be allowed to defend his position against his championship rival. Which school of racing is this, that puts the onus on the driver being over taken to give more room and make it easier for another driver to overtake him

So being a helping teammate is not a racing driver wow, just wow. You are criticising him for crashing into the teammate, don't know how to overtake, don't have talent, team is favouring him, and when I say that if such thing happens then he would not go for the pass and now you are saying that he is not a racing driver if he do such things.
    In one of your previous posts, you said, If Hamilton was 10 seconds back, Vettel would not have attempted the pass. If an opportunity presented itself and Vettel didnt try to pass who ever was in-front of him, then yes, he is no longer a "racing" driver. Who sits behind any driver, be it his team mate, and not try to pass him unless he is lap dog of a team mate. Why shouldn't Vettel go for the pass, as long as he can make it stick, some place where he can actually do it and not put his car next to his team mate and say, I am coming through whether you like it or not so move over, give me more room so i can over take you and take points off you. And his team mate gets blamed for holding his line.

I don't remember saying Vettel has no talent.Yes, he can't pass people, which is a different craft. Maybe he will develop that in the years to come maybe not. It has nothing to do with his talent, it is one part of race craft, which he lacks.

As for McLarens, can you tell me how Button put the move and then Hamilton reciprocate that just after 2 corners. Button's move was also because Hamilton was in fuel save mode and Button was in full racing mode.
    Again, i don't know what the relevance of Hamilton-Button battle is. Button tried a very under handed pass, both drivers were told to be in fuel saving mode. It was relayed to Hamilton twice, who wanted to know the exact situation and he was told clearly that both cars were identical. As soon as Hamilton backed off, Button tried the move, which was very reminiscent of Didier Pironi on Gilles Villeneuve at Imola, 1982. A very dirty under handed attempt.

To make the Button-Hamilton situation clear, here is the pit to car radio.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I have not lost any thing, my comment regarding Vettel/Alonso comparision was in reply of your comment in the earlier post where you brings Germans and Barrichello and Irvine into the discussion for no reason.

Bro, every car first enters in the dirty air then got the tow right, all the time they spent in the dirty air makes them use more fuel to comes out of the it and enters in the tow. My question was that and still is Vettel was in the dirty air of Webber before lap 40 where he enters in the tow don't you think he has lost fuel when he was in the dirty air?? If yes then, he certainly has to used his smallest advantage what he has to pull out the move. He does that and fails.

If it was another driver, then I could assure you that such a move is been defended to the extreme by any means even if it means to push the car off the track into the grass as Webber did last year in Germany to Barrichello even by mistake and got penalised. But being a team mate you don't expect such a tight line to defend the move which is minimum requirement for allowing the line by FIA.

About McLarens we both are saying the same thing in different words that Button's move was wrong and it was because of Hamilton been in fuel save mode.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List