Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel expects McLaren to shine in Montreal
    Sebastian Vettel has conceded that the Red Bull might not be as well suited to the Montreal track as the McLaren this weekend.

Montreal track resurfaced ahead of weekend
    Canadian Grand Prix organisers have resurfaced parts of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve that broke up at the last Formula One race there in 2008.

@m_waqas
    I think I never said anything which favours either driver more then a certain extent in that incident. As for hiding, nothing for now may be in the future something could come up. Sending you a private message if you think it is appropriate post the content of the message here otherwise it is for you.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    steve was secretly supporting RBR all this time -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon8 ... and we thought we were all on same page including steve....that must be dealt with murray...u've got competition..i m sure he's hiding many things which he will reveal with time ...
    Steve is a very clever person, and no, he was never on the same page as us. He will be neutralized don't you worry about it I am working on it. He was always in the opposite camp and yes, wonder what else he might be hiding
    The only people on the same page are you, blackeye117 and me. And you should have realized how he was defending Vettel NOT Webber

@genius83

You are not Shoaib Akhter, but time spent with Paula might have done the damage. Get tested bro, asap.

The myth will become a legend one day, my friend. All of them have stuffed it in the way a few times. Doesn't make them any less and this guy love him or hate him is good on street circuits. He will learn too.

Mansell family is on a learning curve. Interesting- that Peugeot is still quick but is it reliable? Would love for Tom Kristensen to add another win.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sending you a private message if you think it is appropriate post the content of the message here otherwise it is for you.
    thanks a lot steve...that was superb -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14 ... awesome...
    and i think it was well within limits (unless u let your imaginations run wild ) ... so i m posting it here.. eddie kiddo might also love it.. all please enjoy this special treat by steve .... murray specialy u should check the 'diffusers' and 'fuel tanks'...lolz..

after watching this i agree bimbo is nowhere close...

Steve is a very clever person, and no, he was never on the same page as us. He will be neutralized don't you worry about it I am working on it. He was always in the opposite camp and yes, wonder what else he might be hiding
    The only people on the same page are you, blackeye117 and me. And you should have realized how he was defending Vettel NOT Webber
    ya i guess ... traitor ... u also thought he was defending Vettel na??...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chandhok targets Force India seat<!-- end title -->
    Karun Chandhok has set his sights on landing a seat at Force India next season - in a move that he thinks would ramp up commercial interest in Formula 1 from his home nation.

Barrichello hopeful of stronger weekend<!-- end title -->
    Williams driver Rubens Barrichello is hopeful that the team's upgrades for the Canadian Grand Prix, which include a new evolution of its front wing design, will make the FW32 more competitive this weekend.

Red Bull: Drivers still free to fight<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing will continue to let Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel race each other wheel-to-wheel - despite their collision at the Turkish Grand Prix.

Red Bull says no rush to run F-duct<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing insists it will not rush its re-introduction of the F-duct, even though its straightline speed performance leaves it exposed to rivals running the system.

Button tops first Canada practice<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button beat Michael Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton to the fastest time in opening practice as Formula 1's return to Montreal got underway.

Code:
    Canadian GP Practice Session 1
    Pos  Driver         Team                    Time              Laps
     1.  Button         McLaren-Mercedes        1:18.127            23
     2.  Schumacher     Mercedes                1:18.285  + 0.158   19
     3.  Hamilton       McLaren-Mercedes        1:18.352  + 0.225   19
     4.  Rosberg        Mercedes                1:18.356  + 0.229   23
     5.  Vettel         Red Bull-Renault        1:18.549  + 0.422   27
     6.  Kubica         Renault                 1:18.662  + 0.535   19
     7.  Alonso         Ferrari                 1:18.726  + 0.599   21
     8.  Liuzzi         Force India-Mercedes    1:19.097  + 0.970   25
     9.  Hulkenberg     Williams-Cosworth       1:19.282  + 1.155   31
    10.  Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth       1:19.313  + 1.186   19
    11.  Sutil          Force India-Mercedes    1:19.373  + 1.246   12
    12.  Massa          Ferrari                 1:19.511  + 1.384   21
    13.  Petrov         Renault                 1:19.549  + 1.422   24
    14.  Webber         Red Bull-Renault        1:19.609  + 1.482   26
    15.  Kobayashi      Sauber-Ferrari          1:20.186  + 2.059   33
    16.  Buemi          Toro Rosso-Ferrari      1:20.320  + 2.193   27
    17.  de la Rosa     Sauber-Ferrari          1:20.584  + 2.457   21
    18.  Alguersuari    Toro Rosso-Ferrari      1:20.823  + 2.696   28
    19.  Kovalainen     Lotus-Cosworth          1:21.869  + 3.742   24
    20.  Chandhok       HRT-Cosworth            1:21.977  + 3.850   27
    21.  Trulli         Lotus-Cosworth          1:22.543  + 4.416   12
    22.  Senna          HRT-Cosworth            1:22.701  + 4.574   28
    23.  Glock          Virgin-Cosworth         1:22.713  + 4.586   20
    24.  di Grassi      Virgin-Cosworth                              4
    @UK and m_waqas
    I have no fear if what I have read about one team is true then what they are planning could become an own goal for them otherwise RedBulls will lost the title. But I am pretty sure that Ferrari is no where near either of the 2 teams.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

You bought into the hype created by english press and by some of the statements made by Ferrari drivers? One, Massa, does not matter. He is struggling so he will say and blame anything. The other one, Alonso, has taken this stupid burden upon himself to deliver the title in his first season, and so he comes out with stupid statements too. It's only to deflect attention but discount Alonso from a title fight at your own peril.

Istanbul, like Barcelona was not a track that suits Ferrari, much like Montreal and Valencia will suit them. Mclaren is no where near 7 or 8ths quicker than Ferrari. That's wishful thinking on part of British media. I would be amazed if that was the case. Ferrari spent valuable time developing the F-duct, which Mclaren had from the start, so it took considerable wind tunnel time and resources. They might or might not have fallen behind Mclaren, if they have it won't be more than a 10th or so.

The Red Bull style exhaust ain't coming and even if it does- that is not the only upgrade for Valencia. There is a big package and Valencia is only part of that. They aren't scoring an own goal, need not worry

As for Mclaren being close as you suggest-that's great. I don't mind anyone winning the title as long as Red Bull don't and especially Vettel. Let Karan Chandhok win for all i care.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Petrov eager to maintain Turkey form<!-- end title -->
    Vitaly Petrov is hoping that the strong form he showed during the Turkish Grand Prix will become the norm for him over the remainder of the season - even though he expects a tougher time in Canada this weekend.

Horner hopes FIA/FOM agree on tyres<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner is hopeful that the FIA and Bernie Ecclestone will end up agreeing with the teams over their preferred choice of tyre supplier for 2011.

Liuzzi downplays tech staff exits<!-- end title -->
    Vitantonio Liuzzi believes Force India will not be hurt by the latest disruption to its technical structure.

Hamilton frustrated with car and track<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton ended Friday practice in Montreal frustrated with both his McLaren's pace and the track conditions.

Button mystified by afternoon problems<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button admitted he was mystified by his problems in the second practice session for the Canadian Grand Prix, having topped the times in the morning.

Kovalainen sets sights on Toro Rosso<!-- end title -->
    Heikki Kovalainen believes he has a shot at beating the Toro Rossos in qualifying in Montreal tomorrow.

Webber predicts 'tight' battle for pole<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber is predicting a 'tight' fight for pole position at the Canadian Grand Prix, despite admitting he had been surprised by the pace of his Red Bull Racing team in practice.

Barrichello says car more competitive<!-- end title -->
    Rubens Barrichello is adamant his Williams team will be more competitive this weekend in Canada following the introduction of several updates.

Alonso cautious about Ferrari's pace<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso is not getting carried away with Ferrari's strong form in practice for the Canadian Grand Prix - despite ending the day less than one tenth of a second behind Sebastian Vettel.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel pips Alonso in second practice<!-- end title -->
    Sebastian Vettel put Red Bull to the top of the times in second practice in Montreal, ahead of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso and Mercedes' Nico Rosberg.

Code:
    Canadian GP Practice Session 2
    Pos  Driver         Team                   Time              Laps
     1.  Vettel         Red Bull-Renault       1:16.877            32
     2.  Alonso         Ferrari                1:16.963  + 0.086   35
     3.  Rosberg        Mercedes               1:17.151  + 0.274   34
     4.  Webber         Red Bull-Renault       1:17.273  + 0.396   33
     5.  Massa          Ferrari                1:17.401  + 0.524   33
     6.  Sutil          Force India-Mercedes   1:17.415  + 0.538   28
     7.  Hamilton       McLaren-Mercedes       1:17.522  + 0.645   29
     8.  Kubica         Renault                1:17.529  + 0.652   36
     9.  Schumacher     Mercedes               1:17.688  + 0.811   34
    10.  Liuzzi         Force India-Mercedes   1:17.903  + 1.026   35
    11.  Button         McLaren-Mercedes       1:17.961  + 1.084   33
    12.  Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth      1:18.385  + 1.508   27
    13.  Hulkenberg     Williams-Cosworth      1:18.447  + 1.570   41
    14.  Petrov         Renault                1:18.582  + 1.705   40
    15.  de la Rosa     Sauber-Ferrari         1:18.658  + 1.781   34
    16.  Kobayashi      Sauber-Ferrari         1:19.142  + 2.265   38
    17.  Buemi          Toro Rosso-Ferrari     1:19.168  + 2.291   32
    18.  Alguersuari    Toro Rosso-Ferrari     1:19.274  + 2.397   41
    19.  Kovalainen     Lotus-Cosworth         1:19.969  + 3.092   35
    20.  Chandhok       HRT-Cosworth           1:20.879  + 4.002   29
    21.  Senna          HRT-Cosworth           1:21.097  + 4.220   31
    22.  Trulli         Lotus-Cosworth         1:21.346  + 4.469   11
    23.  Glock          Virgin-Cosworth        1:21.488  + 4.611   25
    24.  di Grassi      Virgin-Cosworth        1:21.577  + 4.700   30
    Adjustable rear wings being discussed to help overtaking
    F1 is considering a radical innovation for 2011 in order to make overtaking much easier.

Jacques Villeneuve to make final bid to return to Formula One
    Jacques Villeneuve says he will make one final effort to return to Formula One for the 2011 season before calling it quits.

Schumacher concerned track conditions could get worse
    Michael Schumacher is concerned that rain over the Canadian Grand Prix weekend could make the problems with tyre graining in Friday's practice even worse.

@UK
    My comment regarding own goal is not about Ferrari but it is about McLaren, as I have read that they are bringing a B-Spec car with RedBull style suspension system in Silverstone, so if that works then RedBull's advantage is gone but if it fails then McLaren lost the momentum and this moves becomes an own goal for them.

I may be a bit biased towards Ferrari, but after reading your comments regarding Alonso I think I am on the right track from the start that expectations from Alonso's arrival are higher then the real chance is for them.

Also, prepare yourself for another great debate after this race, as I have found a topic worthy of discussion in F1 context.

Have you seen the practice sessions or not because I only watch the live timings, and as soon as the second session ends I fall asleep in front of my PC. It shows how boring F1 is at Montreal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

That comes with the territory- Alonso, in a top team and the team being quite impressive in winter testing. I think that is every driver's aim, to win, whether it's their first year with a team or third or fifth or tenth. Expectations must have been higher because of the driver they have but lately he seems to have almost taken it upon himself and does not stop talking about the championship which makes headlines, hence all the talk and column space.

Your theory was slightly different from what i recall. Building the team around him etc and then fighting for the championship. I for one don't think that is realistic, in that, if you have a competitive car you go from it from the start. The team is his and it was further under lined by the resigning of Massa. Pressure must be immense on the team. They have lost valuable time and resources because of their F-duct development.

Mclaren have given up on the idea of Red Bull style suspension i thought. It's not something a team can make and put on the car. It's a total redesign of a car which i don't think Mclaren will be doing especially since they are very close to Red Bull in race pace. The problem that will affect Mclaren and Red Bull is their drivers taking points of each other. At Ferrari, you can be pretty sure that it will be one driver taking points, which ever position that is higher, he finishes in. A couple of more races might even make it almost official and Massa for all his talk will play second fiddle to his team mate.

All that said, Red Bull is not exactly going to be standing still in all this time. Realistically, it's very hard to see any team matching Red Bull, never mind passing them. We, the non Red Bull fans, are banking on Tilke and his tracks-that should suit Ferrari and Mclaren. The fast flowing tracks belong to Red Bull, with Mclaren their closest rivals and slow tracks, at least on the evidence so far, should belong to Ferrari. Given reliability, this championship is likely to go on till the very end.

Severe graining problems for teams in free practice and overnight rain will not help. Maybe someone will finally take the gamble of qualifying on the harder compound, compromise his position on the grid and hope to cash in when the front runners stop or what if all in the top ten decide its better to qualify on harder tires Vettel's best time came on the 5th lap of a seven lap run. Alonso's time on the 6th lap of an eight lap run, which is not an indicator of qualifying speed for both cars i think.

I watched the second session although the feed kept breaking up. Interesting race in prospect as safety car is almost a certainty and if the expected rain comes then it will make the race an even bigger lottery.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Why not more tyre changes during the race, instead of 1 may be 2 or 3, just to have more fun because harder compound tyres are having graining problem while softer compound can't last long.

Also, Heikki is aiming to beat Toro Rosso, my question is if it happens what it means??? Does it means that Lotus is now a lower midfield team or STR is the back of the grid team.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Teams face Montreal tyre dilemma<!-- end title -->
    Overnight rain and lower than expected temperatures in Montreal on Saturday morning have left teams facing a nightmare dilemma over tyre strategies for the Canadian Grand Prix - that could blow open the battle for pole position.

Alonso pleased Massa is being retained<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso has welcomed the decision by Ferrari to retain Felipe Massa for the next two years.

Kubica in no hurry to decide his future<!-- end title -->
    Robert Kubica says he is no big rush to sort out his Formula 1 future with Renault, even though potential options elsewhere on the grid have officially closed off for him.

@UK
    Looks like 2 stops are the order for the race, with may be 3 or 4 pitstops also possible.

Also, in LeMans 24, Nigel Mansell have bad luck just after 15mins into the start as he crashes in the barriers and has been taken out by the marshalls and taken into the Ambulance to the medical center.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton quickest in final practice<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton put McLaren back on top in the final practice session in Montreal, though all four top teams had a car in the leading four positions, and the top seven places were filled by six different squads.

Code:
    Canadian GP Practice Session 3
    Pos  Driver         Team                   Time              Laps
     1.  Hamilton       McLaren-Mercedes       1:16.058            15
     2.  Webber         Red Bull-Renault       1:16.340  + 0.282   16
     3.  Alonso         Ferrari                1:16.495  + 0.437   19
     4.  Schumacher     Mercedes               1:16.536  + 0.478   15
     5.  Vettel         Red Bull-Renault       1:16.582  + 0.524   16
     6.  Kubica         Renault                1:16.653  + 0.595   18
     7.  Sutil          Force India-Mercedes   1:16.673  + 0.615   15
     8.  Button         McLaren-Mercedes       1:16.699  + 0.641   16
     9.  Liuzzi         Force India-Mercedes   1:16.814  + 0.756   15
    10.  Petrov         Renault                1:16.982  + 0.924   18
    11.  Hulkenberg     Williams-Cosworth      1:17.121  + 1.063   16
    12.  Massa          Ferrari                1:17.231  + 1.173   16
    13.  Alguersuari    Toro Rosso-Ferrari     1:17.331  + 1.273   22
    14.  Kobayashi      Sauber-Ferrari         1:17.548  + 1.490   20
    15.  de la Rosa     Sauber-Ferrari         1:17.609  + 1.551   16
    16.  Buemi          Toro Rosso-Ferrari     1:17.633  + 1.575   21
    17.  Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth      1:17.789  + 1.731   18
    18.  Rosberg        Mercedes               1:17.979  + 1.921    4
    19.  Trulli         Lotus-Cosworth         1:19.013  + 2.955   15
    20.  Kovalainen     Lotus-Cosworth         1:19.447  + 3.389   16
    21.  Glock          Virgin-Cosworth        1:19.536  + 3.478   22
    22.  di Grassi      Virgin-Cosworth        1:19.844  + 3.786   20
    23.  Senna          HRT-Cosworth           1:20.325  + 4.267   18
    24.  Chandhok       HRT-Cosworth                                1
    Massa has kisses a wall not the Wall of Champions and a classic photos of recent times comes into play.
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - capturadepantalla201006a

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - capturadepantalla201006o
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lewis Hamilton P1, Mark Webber P2 and Sebastian Vettel P3 in qualifying 3. Mclaren Mercedes FTW (Y)(Y)(Y)
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton ends Red Bull's pole run<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton ended Red Bull's run of pole positions by beating Mark Webber in qualifying for the Canadian Grand Prix.

Code:
    Canadian GP Qualifying Results
    Pos  Driver         Team                   Q1        Q2         Q3
     1.  Hamilton       McLaren-Mercedes       1:15.889  1:15.528  1:15.105
     2.  Webber         Red Bull-Renault       1:16.423  1:15.692  1:15.373
     3.  Vettel         Red Bull-Renault       1:16.129  1:15.556  1:15.420
     4.  Alonso         Ferrari                1:16.171  1:15.597  1:15.435
     5.  Button         McLaren-Mercedes       1:16.371  1:15.742  1:15.520
     6.  Liuzzi         Force India-Mercedes   1:17.086  1:16.171  1:15.648
     7.  Massa          Ferrari                1:16.673  1:16.314  1:15.688
     8.  Kubica         Renault                1:16.370  1:15.682  1:15.715
     9.  Sutil          Force India-Mercedes   1:16.495  1:16.295  1:15.881
    10.  Rosberg        Mercedes               1:16.350  1:16.001  1:16.071
    11.  Barrichello    Williams-Cosworth      1:16.880  1:16.434
    12.  Hulkenberg     Williams-Cosworth      1:16.770  1:16.438
    13.  Schumacher     Mercedes               1:16.598  1:16.492
    14.  Petrov         Renault                1:16.569  1:16.844
    15.  Buemi          Toro Rosso-Ferrari     1:17.356  1:16.928
    16.  Alguersuari    Toro Rosso-Ferrari     1:17.027  1:17.029
    17.  de la Rosa     Sauber-Ferrari         1:17.611  1:17.384
    18.  Kobayashi      Sauber-Ferrari         1:18.019
    19.  Kovalainen     Lotus-Cosworth         1:18.237
    20.  Trulli         Lotus-Cosworth         1:18.698
    21.  Glock          Virgin-Cosworth        1:18.941
    22.  Senna          HRT-Cosworth           1:19.484
    23.  di Grassi      Virgin-Cosworth        1:19.675
    24.  Chandhok       HRT-Cosworth           1:27.757
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So A Great Race Comming Up and Ferrari is right there with them thats great

And Steve ... hamilton ran out of fuel at his in-lap .... is there anything that they will look at ? I heard at espn that there might be some discussions ?? i dont know about that at all so asking the shed some light on it
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The reason Schumacher missed Q3 was because he gambled on medium tyres in order to save the super softs for the last session. Everyone else including Rosberg was on super softs in Q2 which resulted in Schumacher getting eliminated. Terrible strategic mistake from Mercedes IMO

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton 'overwhelmed' by pole<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton said he was overwhelmed after securing his first pole position of the year ahead of tomorrow's Canadian Grand Prix.

RBR duo sure tyre choice was correct<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull duo Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel are confident that their team's choice of the harder Bridgstones for Q3 and the start of the Canadian Grand Prix will prove to be correct.

@Blackeye117
    I have not seen the qualifying on TV and the internet stream was so slow that as soon as the session was over I close it. As for your question what I have read on the forum, he was been told by the team to stop his car at the track and wait to be pick up by the Safety Car as he was low on fuel and FIA need some fuel for checking after the qualifying so McLaren's don't want him to run out of fuel and got into trouble.

You already have mentioned that it was on ESPN so I think it was from Steve or Dawson, Right??? This just proves how they make things without knowing the rules and regulations at all.

One thing is for sure that if RedBull has not use harder compound tyres they certainly will be on Pole as they both have set a time only 3 and 4 tenths down on Hamilton on Harder compound tyres.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull qualified on harder tires. It can be a master stroke or backfire if there are a couple of safety car periods. On average there are two per race in Canada. I only saw Vettel on harder tires but turns out Webber was on the harder compound too. They have given themselves the best possible chance.

Mclaren is getting about 3 to 4ths in the last sector through their F-duct, if used properly, which explains their pace. Most in the top ten would want a safety car, maybe ten odd laps into the race. That would negate Red Bull's advantage.

@genius83

If Lotus manage to finish ahead of either Toro Rosso, it would be great for the team. I don't think it can happen unless Toro Rosso have a problem.

There, four stops, don't know Teams are not so adventurous. Two stops look most likely. Two stints on the harder tire and one on the softs looks the most likely option. If it rains then obviously all that is out of the window. Either way, seems we might be in for a good race.

Tom Kristensen's chances of winning a 9th Le Mans race have suffered a blow. His Audi is three laps down now after a crash

@Blackeye117
    Hamilton was asked to stop by the team. FIA needs a fuel sample from each car at the end of qualifying. So, he had to stop or else he would have run out of fuel and that might have meant a penalty of some sort.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton says tyre choice not a gamble<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton defended his McLaren team's tyre choice after grabbing pole position for the Canadian Grand Prix.

@UK
    Bro, RedBulls are not the only one Kubica is also on Hards, while all the others are on softs.

If Hamilton ran out of fuel he would be eliminated from pole and have to start from the back or from the pitlane.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay Thanks UK and Genius For providing Me With The Info About that .....
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting thing to note here is that in case of safety car or rain during the first 10 laps, Schumacher has a chance for a top 5 finish while Kubica a podium for sure. Maybe even a win, if Red bulls continue their 'good form'.

I hate Rosberg but I am feeling sorry for him. He qualified ahead of Schumacher but with super softs, does not has a rats a$$ chance of making it into top 10 as all guys behind him are on mediums

Closed Thread

User Tag List