Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    About the wing situation, I am also amazed that RedBull has only bring 2 samples of these, because it only means that they have not intended to use it in this race and only wants to gather data but they decided to switch to race with them at the last moment.

The real question is, what happens if they suffer a wing damage during the qualifying or race, if both the drivers were using that wings, because it certianly means that they have to switch to the old one instead.

Also, if one wing can detach then other can also detach why they use that is a bit of risk for both the drivers until they could find the real reason behind that failure.

At the moment, Webber is in a more safer position then Vettel, because if Vettel suffers another wing damage, then he has to revert to old wing which means a bit of handling issues.

Lastly, this whole favouritism comments are coming after the Turkish GP incident, which means my comment after that incident were correct that this was the last thing they want in the intra-team rivalary, if that incident has not happens we may not be hearing this favouritism comments at all.

About your scenario, w.r.t. chasis and any driver loosing because of that, I only says one thing all the teams agree on that and if I remember correctly, that rule of no spare car for the race restart is present for about 8 years now, if not more. As now we don't have race restarts but race continues after the incident under the safety car, otherwise in Melbourne 2002 incident, they should have red flagged the race and allowed drivers to restart in a spare car which never happens.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Silverstone Race Complete

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - silverstonen
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Driver & Constructor Standing's after Silverstone F1:

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - reshz
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Poor race from Schumacher. Have to wait for comments afterwards and if it comes out that there were no problems with the car then its pretty disappointing.

Looks like Webber getting out of RBR next season

"Not bad for the number two driver" was what he said on radio right after winning

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

McLaren has 'no regrets' over diffuser<!-- end title -->
    McLaren stands by its decision to accelerate the introduction of the exhaust-blown diffuser even though it had to be removed from the cars after problems in Friday practice at Silverstone.

De la Rosa: Sauber now has real pace<!-- end title -->
    Pedro de la Rosa says his first top ten qualifying result since returning to a race seat with Sauber shows that his team now has genuine pace.

Kovalainen: Webber right to feel 'hurt'<!-- end title -->
    Heikki Kovalainen believes that Mark Webber has every reason to feel 'hurt' by the way Red Bull Racing opted to swap front wings on its cars at the British Grand Prix.

FIA approves safety car alterations<!-- end title -->
    The FIA has confirmed a number of changes that will be made to the safety car procedures for the British Grand Prix to ensure drivers do not lose out unfairly during caution periods.

Mosley: Judge Silverstone on passing<!-- end title -->
    Former FIA president Max Mosley believes Silverstone's new revisions can only be judged a success or failure by how much overtaking there is in the British Grand Prix.

Ecclestone eyes return to South Africa<!-- end title -->
    Bernie Ecclestone has set his sights on getting the South African Grand Prix back on the calendar in the next few years.

Liuzzi feels penalty was undeserved<!-- end title -->
    Tonio Liuzzi reckons his penalty for impeding Nico Hulkenberg in Silverstone qualifying was unjustified - as others have got away with blocking him earlier this season.

Wirth: Glock can beat Lotus on pace<!-- end title -->
    Virgin technical director Nick Wirth believes that Timo Glock can fight with Lotus for top new-team finish in today's British Grand Prix based purely on pace, following a successful introduction of a significant upgrade to the VR-01.

Alonso accepts British GP penalty<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso said he accepted the costly penalty he was given during the British Grand Prix on Sunday.

Webber takes commanding Britain win<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber responded to the Red Bull front wing controversy in the best way imaginable by taking a commanding British Grand Prix victory ahead of Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg and Jenson Button.

Code:
    British GP Race Results
    Pos  Driver        Team                       Time
     1.  Webber        Red Bull-Renault           1h24:38.200
     2.  Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes           +     1.360
     3.  Rosberg       Mercedes                   +    21.307
     4.  Button        McLaren-Mercedes           +    21.986
     5.  Barrichello   Williams-Cosworth          +    31.456
     6.  Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari             +    32.171
     7.  Vettel        Red Bull-Renault           +    36.734
     8.  Sutil         Force India-Mercedes       +    40.932
     9.  Schumacher    Mercedes                   +    41.599
    10.  Hulkenberg    Williams-Cosworth          +    42.012
    11.  Liuzzi        Force India-Mercedes       +    42.459
    12.  Buemi         Toro Rosso-Ferrari         +    47.627
    13.  Petrov        Renault                    +    59.374
    14.  Alonso        Ferrari                    +  1:02.385
    15.  Massa         Ferrari                    +  1:07.489
    16.  Trulli        Lotus-Cosworth             +     1 lap
    17.  Kovalainen    Lotus-Cosworth             +     1 lap
    18.  Glock         Virgin-Cosworth            +     1 lap
    19.  Chandhok      HRT-Cosworth               +    2 laps
    20.  Yamamoto      HRT-Cosworth               +    2 laps
    Fastest lap: Alonso, 1:30.874

Not classified/retirements:
    Driver        Team                         On lap
    Alguersuari   Toro Rosso-Ferrari           45
    De la Rosa    Sauber-Ferrari               30
    Kubica        Renault                      20
    Di Grassi     Virgin-Cosworth              10
    Code:
    World Championship standings after British GP
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Hamilton     145        1.  McLaren-Mercedes          278
     2.  Button       133        2.  Red Bull-Renault          249
     3.  Webber       128        3.  Ferrari                   165
     4.  Vettel       121        4.  Mercedes                  126
     5.  Alonso        98        5.  Renault                    89
     6.  Rosberg       90        6.  Force India-Mercedes       47
     7.  Kubica        83        7.  Williams-Cosworth          31
     8.  Massa         67        8.  Sauber-Ferrari             15
     9.  Schumacher    36        9.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         10
    10.  Sutil         35       
    11.  Barrichello   29       
    12.  Kobayashi     15       
    13.  Liuzzi        12       
    14.  Buemi          7       
    15.  Petrov         6       
    16.  Alguersuari    3       
    17.  Hulkenberg     2
    Hamilton: Second a reward for effort<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton was thrilled to reward McLaren with second place at the end of a tough Silverstone weekend for the team.

Rosberg delighted with Mercedes gains<!-- end title -->
    Nico Rosberg hailed the superb progress Mercedes made for the British Grand Prix, having finished on the podium at Silverstone just one round after his team's awful showing in Valencia.

Webber still seething over wing decision<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber says he would not have signed a contract extension with Red Bull Racing had he believed he was going to be treated the way he was at Silverstone this weekend.

Vettel blames clutch for poor start<!-- end title -->
    Sebastian Vettel was left lamenting his slow start in the British Grand Prix, something he reckons was down to having the wrong settings for the clutch.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I think you are happy with what happens to Vettel, but frustated with Alonso, I told you that changing driver in the fantasy league could create a jinx and this time it is a double jinx both for Vettel(My replacement) and Alonso(who was replaced).

@m_waqas
    Looks like you forgot to watch the race-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon8, so forget French and get ready for local.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pathetic weekend for me personally and pathetic weekend for ferrari... i m glad i didn't watch it and got disappointed ...

@m_waqas
    Looks like you forgot to watch the race-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon8, so forget French and get ready for local.
    -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -103010

but hey i didn't get the chance to watch the qualis too.. but alonso did well in qualifying... so it must not be me rather IT MUST BE STEVE ...

@Eddie.. provide me the torrent yaar... missing live races is sucking big time ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso: No regrets over Kubica move
    Fernando Alonso says he has no regrets about not having let Robert Kubica through during the British Grand Prix, despite the decision costing him a penalty.

Button delighted to recover to fourth<!-- end title -->
    Jenson Button was delighted with his fourth-place finish at the British Grand Prix after recovering from a difficult qualifying.

Sutil unimpressed with Vettel's pass<!-- end title -->
    Adrian Sutil has accused Sebastian Vettel of forcing him out of the way at the end of the British Grand Prix.

@m_waqas
    So, you find another French babe, oh sorry French baby, I was not expecting you to go that low, now you hitting on babies too.

This race may be it was Steve, who was responsible for the double jinx but I have already warned @UK about that possibility and he asks me to go ahead with my original plan. So what was the excuse this time for not watching the qualy and race, is it Minister for Population or Almas Bobby.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    So, you find another French babe, oh sorry French baby, I was not expecting you to go that low, now you hitting on babies too.
    shut up yaar ... its like i can't even talk now here ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lovely penalty as much as i disagree with the penalty, i agree with the mistake of not being told to let Kubica re-pass. He had to be told, or the team had to be informed by race control. It was compounded by Kubica's retirement and safety car. But it's all part of racing, some you win, some you lose. It even`s out at the end of the day.

Vettel`s dislike is growing by the day and luckily it's spreading every where which was the best news coming out of this GP for me. He said after the race when asked about the start and first corner " I have learnt from my experience that in times like these you see true faces of people and their real colours " What ever that means.

Ross Brawn, i wish he sucked so much during the Ferrari years. This was again not a race that he did Schumacher any favours. Why make the guy pit when you know he is going to come out behind people who are running long on hard tires, and as much as the commentators, British ones, would tell you how great the new track is, encouraging over taking-that's clearly not the case. It, Silverstone, has never been one to provide a lot of over taking opportunities, if any. Schumacher made a mistake on his out lap and lost time but his race was done by that time after being made to come in so early. It's something i find a little surprising, for a man renowned for his umbrella vision, he either does not have it anymore or just lacks the confidence to over rule a suicidal pit-call or perhaps he has too much trust in Brawn.

Ferrari actually has made a big step forward. Looking at qualifying times it looked very close between Ferrari and Mclaren, but turns out that Mr Schumacher got in the way of Alonso, that spoilt his last run, not that he would have taken pole or front row but it would have been quite a bit quicker than Hamilton's Mclaren, who has to be the favourite to take the title now. His lead is almost getting to a point where he can afford to have a few bad races and still take the title.

@genius83

I was thinking the same. Your jinx is a lot more powerful than you think. Not only did it screw the driver you picked for this race, but it's affects were still being felt by the driver you had for the last race. I hope the trend continues and we see Vettel fall apart as he hopefully will do like last year, in-front of his home crowd.

Pretty much all your fantasy league team got screwed. Bruno Senna, one of your drivers lost his seat for this race. Lotus, one of your teams finished who knows where. Renault, you other team, Kubica had his first retirement of the season. Liuzzi, one of your other drivers got a grid penalty Keep it up for the next race please, great job <label for="rb_iconid_14">-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14</label>

To be honest, as far as i am concerned, Hamilton, Chandhok or even a dog should win this championship except Vettel. He sure is living up to his nickname

@m_waqas

Your world is about to get very dark.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Barrichello hails Williams progress<!-- end title -->
    Rubens Barrichello praised his Williams team's progress after its second consecutive top-five finish.

@m_waqas
    No, one is stopping you from talking but when you have not seen the race or qualy what you want to talk. Just like Ferrari got the consolation prize of race fastest lap, here is a consolation gift for you in the form of some babes.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but i m super happy for Webber -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14 ... serves RBR right..

"Not bad for the number two driver" was what he said on radio right after winning
    ??... .. he actually said that?.. anyone else heard it??...

Poor race from Schumacher. Have to wait for comments afterwards and if it comes out that there were no problems with the car then its pretty disappointing.

Looks like Webber getting out of RBR next season
    bro it happens somtimes.. what u need is to accept and try not to hang-on and defend schumi even this time ... cheers ...

i didn't watch so i don't know what was going on in RBR camp.. but if what u r saying is rite then its like situation is getting out of Horners hand ...
    Ferrari is an option for webber ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

??... .. he actually said that?.. anyone else heard it??...
    That one from Webber, along with Alonso's " I don`t want any more pit to car radio for the rest of the race " after serving his penalty and being told where he was on track, were two good ones.

i didn't watch so i don't know what was going on in RBR camp.. but if what u r saying is rite then its like situation is getting out of Horners hand ...
    Ferrari is an option for webber ...
    Yeah, you didn't watch the race which we will deal with later, i.e. for the next few months most probably

Webber to Ferrari? You bought stuff from eddie? Webber is staying at Red Bull.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    What else you expect from me, I am the host of this league certainly have to provide other participants the equal chance for the win and also remember in such things company employs and their relatives are not allowed to take part.

Sorry bro, have to disagree with you on Schumacher being infront of Alonso and ruining his lap because Schumacher was also on a time lap so he certainly can't do any thing for that matter, it was more of a Ferrari's mistake to send Alonso in the traffic.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

man i have lot of catch-up to do on this thread but i came across this ..
    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset;" class="alt2"> Ferrari unveils new logo for 2011 </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    wth??.. its just a logo -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon10 ... so UK will it be yours too??.. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    No, i got a different one
    man your new avatar sucks.. just change it.. honest advice ... may be your changing the avatar did that to ferrari?? ...

That one from Webber, along with Alonso's " I don`t want any more pit to car radio for the rest of the race " after serving his penalty and being told where he was on track, were two good ones.
    WOW ... really??... u guys are making it all up, right?... i should 've watched ...

Yeah, you didn't watch the race which we will deal with later, i.e. for the next few months most probably
    whats that supposed to mean??.. m i going to be the scapegoat for ferrari/alonso's poor performance everytime?? ...

Webber to Ferrari? You bought stuff from eddie? Webber is staying at Red Bull.
    i don't know man... this *beep* week makes me feel i shouldn't have quit those 'stuff'... pray for me... but eddie seems to be out of scene too ... i haven't got any 'complimentary stuff' from him yet ...

here is a consolation gift for you in the form of some babes.
    thanks steve.. you're so sweet ... MUUaahh ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry bro, have to disagree with you on Schumacher being infront of Alonso and ruining his lap because Schumacher was also on a time lap so he certainly can't do any thing for that matter, it was more of a Ferrari's mistake to send Alonso in the traffic.
    Where did i say that Schumacher should have gotten out of the way or praised Ferrari for sending him out when they did

I was merely pointing to the fact that Ferrari updates are probably working and had Alonso got a clear lap in, he would have been quite a bit faster than Hamilton's time, which didn't seem to be the case yesterday. The fact is, Schumacher had a scrappy lap, that's why he ended up 10th and Rosberg 5th, and also got in the way of Alonso's lap. Nothing less nothing more. Whether Schumacher was on his flying lap we don't know.

The Spanish double world champion's best lap was ruined by Schumacher's Mercedes holding him up but he played down the incident, saying it was unlikely he would have beaten either of the Red Bulls.

Source

man your new avatar sucks.. just change it.. honest advice ... may be your changing the avatar did that to ferrari?? ...
    Am working on it none has brought luck so far

i don't know man... this *beep* week makes me feel i shouldn't have quit those 'stuff'... pray for me... but eddie seems to be out of scene too ... i haven't got any 'complimentary stuff' from him yet ...
    It sure is affecting you. Eddie might be in prison again, who knows. Anyway, here is the Radio. You can hear the two radio conversations.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i watched the race today for 42 laps .... i had to go to my cousin's house ... all the way to metroville 3 from my place .... went there just for the race nd it sucked big time .... that radio call from alonso was a really disappointed man ... he showed that how to keep himself calm i think thats y he wanted him self to be alone to absorb all that ....

Race Pace Gud For Ferrari i cheered up a little bit when i got a text from f1.com lap record of alonso .
    so not bad gud for ferrari ....championship not over yet but there is a long way to go .....
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull vows to clear air with Webber<!-- end title -->
    Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner has assured Mark Webber that the team will move to clear the air with him over the front wing row that has engulfed the outfit - even though he has no personal regrets about the decisions he took at the British Grand Prix.

@UK
    I am pretty sure that Michal was on a flying lap, the only thing that I am not sure is what is a flying lap, is it a lap where the driver got pole or is it when a driver put his timed lap. Because if it is the first then he certainly was not on a flying lap but if it is second then he certainly was on a flying lap.

The reason is simple, Michal have waited for almost half Q3 session before coming out and put a lap or 2. And his first lap was 8th fastest, while on his second FL he can't put a better time and slips to 10th as other drivers improved. Alonso caught him in that lap and so Michal was on a flying lap.

For breaking the jinx, a sincere advice start liking Vettel may be the jinx could broke. Because at the moment you want a dog to win the title, but the problem is there is no dog on the grid so your jinx is hurting the grid itself.

So you like Webber's rant even just about a week back you have said that drivers should not say anything bad about the teams, now why this 180 degree U-turn bro. I am loosing respect for Webber for this attitude, if he don't want to race for RedBull he should leave but trying to portray as a victim of favouritism is wrong.

He know his team's rule that who ever will be ahead in the championship will get the updates first, and it is not only RedBull all the teams are doing this for quite some time, last season Barrichello was moaning about something like that and now Webber.

Just tell me one thing, which team apart from RedBull will like such comments from their driver for no reason, Webber should be happy to win with the old wing when Vettel with the new wing has failed miserably but no he comes out with such an ignorant comment like that. If Webber was in a Ferrari, he already got his termination letter from the team for such comments.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now Tension Building Up In Redbull ......it'll be intresting to see how will it go

Paula .... Howz my Avatar now

Closed Thread

User Tag List