Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ thanks steve.. thats much better.. got it completely -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14 ... thanks..

so here is a 'german fetish' as thanks to u: German Fetish .. hope u'll like it..

3. 16-07-2010, 09:59 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Virgin hoping to retain Glock for 2011<!-- end title -->
    Virgin technical director Nick Wirth is hopeful that Timo Glock will remain with the team next year.

Wirth Research to relocate next year<!-- end title -->
    Wirth Research, which designs the chassis for Virgin Racing, will not complete its relocation to a new factory until work on the 2011 VR-02 is complete.

Yamamoto replaces Chandhok at HRT<!-- end title -->
    Karun Chandhok will not be racing at the German Grand Prix next weekend, his HRT team announced on Friday, and his place will be taken by Sakon Yamamoto.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari 'not asked' to let Kubica pass
    Ferrari was not given an immediate order by the FIA for Fernando Alonso to give back his position to Robert Kubica at Silverstone, according to newly-published information relating to the pit wall radio conversations that took place during the British Grand Prix.

Chandhok sure he will reclaim seat
    Karun Chandhok says he is unsure exactly what the rest of the 2010 season will hold for him after losing his Hispania seat to Sakon Yamamoto for Hockenheim - but is optimistic his absence will be brief.
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lauda's theory on Schumacher

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - space Michael Schumacher's comeback has not been a success, but the weird thing is he seems to be enjoying it. Are there still questions that he is confident he can answer in a race-winning way?

The puzzling thing about the enigma that is Michael Schumacher's comeback is that, at the half-way point of the season, there is no pattern.

We know that Mercedes is a little lost on the anomalies of the car, and that its specific weakness of front-end grip on a light fuel load is preventing Michael driving the way he naturally prefers to. But even index-linking his performances to team-mate Nico Rosberg, there is no trend. At a couple of races he was marginally faster, at most he's been a little slower. But you'll look in vain for a trend.

What's even more puzzling is that Michael does not seem to be going through hell about it, and gives every appearance of a guy who is simply enjoying being back among it all.

Niki Lauda has a view on it that's quite interesting, given that he made a successful comeback after two years away, but then encountered a team-mate whose speed caused him to recalibrate, question and ultimately retire again, this time for good.
    "For me there were two issues," Lauda says. "But I think only one of them can apply to Michael. The issues only became issues because in 1984-85 Alain Prost had proved to me that someone could get in the same car and make it go faster than I could, that there was potential in the car I couldn't reach.

"I hated the turbo engines, where you have variable power at different times, and he was able to handle this much better than me. If I had still had John Watson as a team-mate [as in 1982-83, the first years of his comeback] I don't think it would have been an issue.

"The first thing is that you realise, without you having noticed, is that a brake has come on in the back of your head while you've been away. You leave a metre to the barrier on the exit instead of skimming it. Once I realised this, I had to tell my brain to stop working against me and work with me. Back then there was a very logical reason for that caution because if you drove over the top, pushing like crazy all the time, nine times out of 10 you would be killed. Today, that doesn't apply. You can push as hard as you want and not hit anything and so I cannot see this applying to Michael.

"But the other thing was that I realised I was having to tell myself how to go quicker, as I was doing it. I had to do it through my head, not just on instinct. This guy was proving it was possible to go faster, therefore how to do it? But the problem was Prost wasn't having to think about it, just like the Hamiltons and Vettels today are not having to think about it.

"A young kid has got no brake on him, he just loves going faster, and I'm guessing that Michael is having to analytically look at how to go quicker. Some days everything will come together and your experience and how the tyres are all come to you, and you can beat the young guy - like with me and Prost at Zandvoort in '85. But that depends on the younger, quicker guy getting something wrong. Once you understand that, understand the speed is not there any more, then you are cured."

Is that it? Was Michael not cured because he was still demonstrably super-fast when he stopped at the end of 2006? Will this season cure him, enable him to retire peacefully? Or is there, still lurking within all the neurons, a place where - if the car can be made to drive the way he likes it - all the magic will return, without thought, without analysis?

It's likely he will hang around until at least next year, in the hope that the team can build him a car with strong front-end grip in all conditions, in the hope that the Pirelli control tyre is better than the Bridgestone in this respect. Because until he feels that, he surely cannot know, not for certain. If the moment comes that he gets into a front-endy car, giving him all the messages he needs, and he sees he's still slower than his team-mate, then surely he will be cured.

Source: AutoSport

<!-- title -->
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The *******'s father speaks again.
    Marko: Where would Webber be without Red Bull?

After calming words from Red Bull team principal Christian Horner to attempt to end the row over preferential treatment between drivers, Red Bull adviser Helmut Marko has weighed in today, saying that Webber needs to remember that he was no-where before Red Bull gave him a competitive car.

Anyone interested in listening to a live Radio show, hosted by James Allen on this row, tune into talkSPORT - Live Sports Radio | Live Premier League | Live Scores between 4 and 6 pm PST on Saturday, 17th July.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Villeneuve Racing submits F1 entry
    Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve could return to Formula One as a team owner or driver next year after he revealed he had submitted an entry for Villeneuve Racing to become the 13th team on the 2011 grid.

Rosberg drawing on past successes
    Nico Rosberg is hoping that his previous successes around Hockenheim in junior formulae will help him to a second successive podium finish at the German Grand Prix.

Jenson Button targets qualifying improvement
    Jenson Button is hoping to make life easier for himself at Hockenheim by qualifying higher up the grid on Saturday.

Lewis Hamilton hopes for 2008 repeat
    Lewis Hamilton is hoping for a repeat of 2008 when he takes to the Hockenheim circuit for the German Grand Prix.

@UK
    You have told me to not believe what is written on PlanetF1 a while back, and now you are believing them, Why????

Is it not because the article on that site is about some one you hate.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats good.,.. where did yamamoto's finish in the last race??...

ah!.. very nice break-down of conversation... it seemed unfair back then and it seems more so even now ....

nice analysis... he'll surely stay for the next year and will continue to hope that team builds the car around him.. which i think is already happening ...

The *******'s father speaks again.
    Marko: Where would Webber be without Red Bull?
    ya man.. now these matters should be put on rest.. senior management is also not behaving sensibly...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    You have told me to not believe what is written on PlanetF1 a while back, and now you are believing them, Why????

Is it not because the article on that site is about some one you hate.
    Steve, which article are you talking about thats from planetf1? Marko, putting his foot in his mouth again? That's from JA's blog, not planetf1.

thats good.,.. where did yamamoto's finish in the last race??...
    Take a guess

Quote:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2"> The *******'s father speaks again.
    Marko: Where would Webber be without Red Bull? </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    ya man.. now these matters should be put on rest.. senior management is also not behaving sensibly...
    Buddy, It can not be put to rest. This will go on till the end of the season, and into next year, where ever Webber ends up. It's only going to get worse, fingers crossed.

Plus the British media won't let it die either

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SA would support GP bid on conditions<!-- end title -->
    South African motorsport's governing body would only support a bid to host a grand prix on the provision that part of the proceeds would be channeled in to the development of the country's racing infrastructure and help promote young and underprivileged home-grown talent.

@UK
    Bro, I have read the same article on PlanetF1 late last night and I laugh so hard that tears starting to fell from my eyes. So for me it is PlanetF1 first and James Allen second, which also means that James is copying articles from PlanetF1 and that makes him a less reliable journalist.

@m_waqas
    This controversy will remain atleast for this season because of 2 reasons 1) Helmut Marko and 2) British Media, neither of them will let it die for different reasons.

As for Ferrari they are outright lying because after the race they have said that they don't think they have gain an advantage so its not worth it to give the place back.

Here is the article
    <!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ferrari was advised to let Kubica through
    and here is the needed para
    "You can have a situation where immediately there is a possibility to give back the position to a driver if you feel that there is really an advantage that you gain. On our side we felt that was not the case otherwise we would have done it."

On the otherhand the blame should be put on Charlie Whiting for not saying straight forward that Alonso should give back the place to Kubica, but he used to make such mistakes in the past and this is not different either.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow... i was mostly home yesterday (except for brief outing) and guys yesterday i watched (start counting) WRC, FIA GT3 (race1 & race2), GP3, Moto 125, MotoGp, F1 silverstone completely... phew!!...

WRC - it was recording of Bulgarian stage and as usual Loeb took it by quite a margin ... kimi (read poor kimi) sucked.. despite very hard efforts he threw his car in a ditch which cost him 1 min at least.. he finished 10th (sorry eddie..)

FIA GT3 - that was best race i enjoyed yesterday -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14 ... superb.. i was somewhat disappointed to see Audi R8 struggling.. but i don't care as long as Porsche is doing good...

GP3 - GP3 was boring...

MotoGp - good qualifying.. Lorenzo took it with stoner not far behind..

F1 - hail webber and roseberg... nothing else to say..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Steve, which article are you talking about thats from planetf1? Marko, putting his foot in his mouth again? That's from JA's blog, not planetf1.
    its not his fault uk.. its not steve, its eddie's substance 'D'.. (i also watched a movie yesterday 'Scanner Darkly' and in it they referred a 'drug' as substance D).. that sub 'D' caused hallucination .. same like steve is having ...

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> thats good.,.. where did yamamoto's finish in the last race??... </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Take a guess
    alright..gotcha.... he didn't finish, did he? ..

As for Ferrari they are outright lying
    ... r u suggesting they made up that conversation?? ...

Here is the article
    <!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Ferrari was advised to let Kubica through
    steve u r right.. even in this article its mentioned that it was not a decision, just an opinion of Whiting; Excerpt from article "We told Ferrari three times that in my opinion they should give the position back to Kubica,"

which also means that James is copying articles from PlanetF1
    ??? ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

steve here is one for u.. a german fettish ..

^ man he sucked at playing guitar too ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So for me it is PlanetF1 first and James Allen second, which also means that James is copying articles from PlanetF1 and that makes him a less reliable journalist.
    Sir, you should consider reporting James Allen to the FT, since he writes for them, and they are a very respectable newspaper. This is plagiarism and he should be punished for it Unlike us over here, they are very strict with laws etc.
    It's bad enough as it is, James Allen, in the past has been involved in blasphemy. It's perfect timing for you. Remember, Capone committed murders but what did they get him on? Tax evasion. Get JA for plagiarism.

its not his fault uk.. its not steve, its eddie's substance 'D'.. (i also watched a movie yesterday 'Scanner Darkly' and in it they referred a 'drug' as substance D).. that sub 'D' caused hallucination .. same like steve is having ...
    Eddie has messed up a normal human being. Okay, his commentary sucked always but still. He indeed is hallucinating Maybe time to send him some good stuff

alright..gotcha.... he didn't finish, did he? ..
    Lol, no no he finished. A respectable last, i think
    <object height="300" width="350">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7WZ8k2sEas&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="300" width="350"></object>
    ^ man he sucked at playing guitar too ...
    Do you have any idea what you just said? It is beyond your comprehension!! There will be hell to pay for your comment. How dare you say something like, he sucks or sucks at playing guitar too!! implying he sucks at other things?

Oh well now that you have said it, i might as well correct you. He does not suck at playing guitar. It's just that he needed Webber's strings or maybe even his guitar?

Talking of Webber and Red Bull. Our friends have been at it again unless James Allen has copied this bit from some where too

Horner added a new element to the saga of the front wing swap from Silverstone – he said that after Vettel’s wing broke on Saturday morning, they took the wing off Webber’s car and found it was defective. When Adrian Newey was satisfied that the defects had been sorted he gave the all clear for it to be used and at that point Webber’s former wing was allocated to Vettel.
    It’s a subtle point, but it takes the wing away from Webber at the point at which it was decided to give it to Vettel.
    He also revealed that Webber had a newer floor and a lighter chassis than Vettel, which is interesting because the chassis Webber was using in Silverstone was Vettel’s old one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Webber: I said too much publicly<!-- end title -->
    Mark Webber has admitted that he went too far in making his views public as the Red Bull front-wing controversy blew up over the British Grand Prix weekend.

@m_waqas
    No, I am not saying that Ferrari have made that communication up but what I am saying is Ferrari have first said that which I posted in my previous post, and now they are coming out with this communication transcript, if they have this evidence before then they should made it public as soon as after the race.

Plus whether Charlie give a wrong advice or not but Ferrari and Alonso have made a mistake and then trying to defend that with such stupid comments like he was pushed off the track and has no space to overtake, or we don't think we have gain an advantage so we did not give back the place, is pure stupidity of highest order. I know you have a different opinion so I think we should agree to disagree.

What ever I will write below has no personal intentions or hard feelings but if you think that my words have hurt your feelings then sorry for that in advance.

@UK
    Yes, that para is also stolen or should I say double stolen first by Horner and then by James. It was my theory that what are the chances of that wing being faulty, to which @m_waqas reply that you are talking about past and it is your opinion and does not matter because this have never happened. Here is his own words

of course u can create many scenario's of what could 've happened if webber had that (new) front-wing.. but i don't agree... it didn't happen so we don't know.. all we know is whats happening right now...
    Now, I may have look stupid at that time when I was posting those scenarios but I have my reasons for those scenarios and I am not have any intentions of forcing others to believe them or not.

As for your suggestion of reporting James for that if it is a humour intention comment then hilarious but if you are serious then please tell me what is FT (Financial Times or F1 Times). So that I could decide the procedure. Alcapone was arrested for taxation, just like our politicians are caught for fake degrees instead of their other crimes.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, you should consider reporting James Allen to the FT, since he writes for them, and they are a very respectable newspaper.
    FT? ... wow.. then plagiarism doesn't suit him ...

Lol, no no he finished. A respectable last, i think
    lolz.. at least he finished.. but chandok was able to do the same...no??..

Do you have any idea what you just said? It is beyond your comprehension!! There will be hell to pay for your comment. How dare you say something like, he sucks or sucks at playing guitar too!! implying he sucks at other things?
    this wouldn't have caused much trouble but now after your comments it will ... i see steve has already made some flaring comments (let me see; all this could be cause of your comments).. i will now shut-up..

Oh well now that you have said it, i might as well correct you. He does not suck at playing guitar. It's just that he needed Webber's strings or maybe even his guitar?
    hahaha... lolz.. so true ... ...

Horner added a new element to the saga of the front wing swap from Silverstone – he said that after Vettel’s wing broke on Saturday morning, they took the wing off Webber’s car and found it was defective. When Adrian Newey was satisfied that the defects had been sorted he gave the all clear for it to be used and at that point Webber’s former wing was allocated to Vettel.
    It’s a subtle point, but it takes the wing away from Webber at the point at which it was decided to give it to Vettel.
    He also revealed that Webber had a newer floor and a lighter chassis than Vettel, which is interesting because the chassis Webber was using in Silverstone was Vettel’s old one
    what the hell is going on man?? ... is it not going to end like indian soaps/dramas never end.. albeit hundered of twists in the stories .. same is happening with RBR... webber and vettel being the daughter-in-laws (bahuus) and management being the in-laws... vettel bahu is favored bahu of her in-laws and getting all the goodies .... reason could be the father-in-law, helmut marko who has a crush over his vettel bahu ... damn it ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What ever I will write below has no personal intentions or hard feelings but if you think that my words have hurt your feelings then sorry for that in advance.
    huhu hahaha... not me.. buddy don't care about my feelings .. i don't care ... cheers ...

Yes, that para is also stolen or should I say double stolen first by Horner and then by James. It was my theory that what are the chances of that wing being faulty, to which @m_waqas reply that you are talking about past and it is your opinion and does not matter because this have never happened.
    so u believe all this... i still don't understand how can u say that webber would 've said this or that... anyway ..

Alcapone was arrested for taxation, just like our politicians are caught for fake degrees instead of their other crimes.
    superb analogy man ... -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14 ..

and FT must be financial times.. UK??..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Eddie..
    buddy i loved that TopGear episode which u provided -Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - icon14 ... can i have other episodes too?...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@m_waqas
    Call me an idiot but if a driver can come up with such comments after winning the GP then why you think he would not say any such thing if he has the same wing in the race and it fell off just like Vettel's fell off in FP3. A person who can't say good words about his team even after winning would not say kind words if an incident caused him to retire from the race.

Plus I have also said that forget the controversy that wing should not have been used on either car just for the safety reasons. We have one death because of a front wing failure why it was never crosses their(RedBull's team management) mind is just astonishing.

Sauber in 94' Monaco GP has retired from the race after Qualifying crash where one of their driver Karl Wendlinger was seriously injured and was taken to the hospital unconsicious. Sauber's decision was based on 2 reasons 1) They were fearing for the worst news and 2) They knows that the car has problem in that corner and they can't take the risk of endangering their other driver's life.

Loosing a front wing is one of the most worst thing you could imagine in F1 because front wing is the main component of not only providing the downforce but also the needed help in braking too. This season in Melbourne we have seen what could happen if a car without front wing has to brake. Kobayashi's Sauber crashed in Buemi's STR and Hulkenberg's Williams on the Turn 3.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plus I have also said that forget the controversy that wing should not have been used on either car just for the safety reasons. We have one death because of a front wing failure why it was never crosses their(RedBull's team management) mind is just astonishing.
    history?.. i think, just like me, Horner is not that old to remember things like that.. but u are right..

but i 've seen front wing being broken with slightest of contact so many times and not much of a disaster happen every time.. driver just pits and changes it .. plus F1 is more safety conscious today...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Paula There Are All Episodes in it of this season .... scroll down on that page ... check S15 E** E =Episode.... okay
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Closed Thread

User Tag List