95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Scion tC fan club

Here i am having the honour to start up a Scion tC fan club. i didnt find this section in wheels fan club so i jumped into thought of opening a post.

As some of you know tC stands for toyota celica , there is some info on tC on wikipedia and there are forums on this car, but here i discribe more from "my" point of view.

Firstly, no its not as famous as toyota 4AG equipped cars. but its something to take you from a to b with bit of driving fun, road handling. low end torque and if yr good with manual 5 speed shift, you ll enjoy the short shifter gear box.

tC as a automatic car will just end up as a "practical car" with min shifting and driver concentrating on other things. but stick shift does make it more fun to drive. the manual gear ratios are designed keeping a fuel economy engine in mind and more for city driving, so nice torque till 4k rpm and shift up otherwise tC eats more gas and accelerates less.

The driver seat is cozy, stiff. fits in a normal built driver well, controls well in reach and steering isnt huge like corolla. car weights about 1300kg and mostly the weight sits on front of car. it donest understeer, but it can oversteer if yr using same psi in all 4 wheels so its recommended to use 32psi in front and 29 psi in rear.
    the 2azfe donest come with lsd from factory and it tends to pull the car to left so be ready to hang on the steering if yr using heavy foot on gas padel.

ill be filling in more details meanwhile you can talk about yr tC experiences.

,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

75% of tC owners are girls. (young ones)
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

levin dude post up some pics of your car asap..!

and torque steer isn't a good thing.. I thought tC had a RWD drive-type

LoL!! I was going to say something along the same lines but then levin dude doesn't like me posts.. he gets incensed quite easily
    What have you been grateful for today..?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today at Toyota service, i met a girl driving a GT-S celica stick shift ,as i was drooling over her 2zz ge motor, wanted to buy the car from her, she kinda hestiated and gave me some links where to find those and i convinently forgot the link from my short term memory.

my problem is where i live everyone wants a new car and new toyotas arnt as good as previous ones. so i loose.

celica is liked by girls. as you prbably know girls in US like what they like regardless of fact guys may like those things too,.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but tC is more of a brand directed at the younger generation (that too notorious ones).. raja fahd has got one too
    What have you been grateful for today..?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ true

celica gt4 3sgte was awd back in 90's, later 2zz ge was fwd with lsd.

mine is 2az fe

no i wont post pic of my car now, yr welcome to checkout levin in michigan portage topic and car pic is there with portage1 posing next to it.

yes car has a problem pulling to left with 215/45/17 tires it has

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when i finally get my hands on GE engine, this car wont be my primary car, if i have place to park it i keep cars otherwise i sell, right now i dont have place to park so i sold e38 cheap

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iLLDuDe786 View Post
    Completely wrong. 100% are fat, mexican idiots who don't understand how to modify a car AT ALL.
    This comment was made by a person with a tested IQ of negative 9.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as the car goes, one of my friends had one back in the summer of '08. I liked the steering feel, and yeah this car is well known for pulling to the left.
    I didn't like the brakes very much. Pedal travel is good, but they just don't feel like they bite very hard.
    As far as the power goes, I STILL somehow maintain that the camry feels faster. I don't know what level of truth there is to it because both have identical 0-60 times.
    It's a good car for the price- you can get good 2nd hand versions for for under $10,000.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If yr used to heel toe this isnt a great car, heel donest catch the gas padel in time you keep hiting floor while toe on brake,,

great part was driving non stop. it donest tire the driver, i drove non stop long hours and wasnt tired at all, keeping in mind i havent driven long distances in yers.

the driver seat height adjust is nice feature thogh the meachanics are same as VW beetle lifting up the seat,, i keep to the lowest position to keep my legs straight, and steering tilt to lowest position too.
    @bilal
    it way better than handling compared to camry, i dont know what you drove but i drove 06 camry and tC and camry has more weight at rear of car plus probably longer wheelbase so handling will be different, plus tC comes with low profile wheels.

About 0 - 60 yr most welcome to drag yr camry with my tC provided we both dont end up sitting in jail....... lets see if i can beat the factory set 0 - 60 times

No but seriously tC in manual shifting handles corners well , stay in 4th and youll eat high powered heavy automatic cars, till there brakes start to heat up. i tried this in west pennsyl to mid penn on interstate at 2- 4 am.

knowing ifone installs TRD bars in frt and rear plus coilovers(lowered) and 1 bar turbo boost, you can have a 200hp small coupe with neat handling - that;s little moe power than 2zzge because you cannot turbo 2zz ge unless your in big investments into engine.

but driver's license has lot more value than fiddling with a tC in case one gets a ticket.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    @bilal
    it way better than handling compared to camry, i dont know what you drove but i drove 06 camry and tC and camry has more weight at rear of car plus probably longer wheelbase so handling will be different, plus tC comes with low profile wheels.

About 0 - 60 yr most welcome to drag yr camry with my tC provided we both dont end up sitting in jail....... lets see if i can beat the factory set 0 - 60 times

No but seriously tC in manual shifting handles corners well , stay in 4th and youll eat high powered heavy automatic cars, till there brakes start to heat up. i tried this in west pennsyl to mid penn on interstate at 2- 4 am.

knowing ifone installs TRD bars in frt and rear plus coilovers(lowered) and 1 bar turbo boost, you can have a 200hp small coupe with neat handling - that;s little moe power than 2zzge because you cannot turbo 2zz ge unless your in big investments into engine.

but driver's license has lot more value than fiddling with a tC in case one gets a ticket.

Oh no doubt it handles much better than the camry. Like I said, the steering feel is something I never expected from any Toyota- I haven't driven an MR2 or... well any other sports car toyota made, but this steering feel was much more precise than most cars.
    The car I drove was automatic so I have no experience with 4th gear cornering! But I DO have experience in cornering with this car. You do get body roll and you should expect it- the car had standard suspension tuned for anything but the track. But it still gives you a good feeling in terms of corner entry.

I still have a niggle with the brakes, though. But I think that's just a Toyota thing. The camry's brakes are hopeless and always have been. Then again I've gotten used to them. My car has front disks, rear drums, no ABS. And before I got the tires changed, I've locked up at 65 on the freeway in heavy rain. It has no bite through the pedal's travel, and it bites within the last 60 percent.
    The scion's were still better, though.

And as far as the 0-60 thing goes, I DO value my license as well! But I haven't been able to hit below a 9 second dash to 60. If you ever feel optimistic at night on a secluded freeway, do see if you can crack a sub 9 second time!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bilal boss,

1- camry tire profile is different than tC
    2- tC is sports coupe camry is family sedan
    3- did you drive maual tC? i am not talking about auto tC
    4- here i havent seen any manual new camry so i cant compare auto camry to manual tC

Go to scion TRD corner in toyota showroom, you ll find strut bar for front and rear. there isnt any camry strut bar corner in any toyota showrrom ive seen,

even in 80's and 90's history of toyota cars stock camry, corona, cressida wernt not compared to stock celica where handling was concerned, why are we trying to go into a handling discussion in 2010?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilaltq View Post
    Completely wrong. 100% are fat, mexican idiots who don't understand how to modify a car AT ALL.
    You probably are already aware, it all depends where you are situated. You come up to NJ & NY and see how many tC owners are fat and mexican. In my area the fat mexican idiots drive in the riced 1990 acura's or old ford pickups.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by levin View Post
    even in 80's and 90's history of toyota cars stock camry, corona, cressida wernt not compared to stock celica where handling was concerned, why are we trying to go into a handling discussion in 2010?
    I don't even remember comparing the Camry to the Scion! I mentioned no more than 2 things about my Camry in my 2 replies! All I said was the power feels way to identical... and that's it. I didn't compare handling because I've never "handled" my Camry in any way.

So let's just end this discussion and compare the tC to something similar.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Both cars in question have same engine. power should feel same, good low end torque and boring at high end,.

but this 9 second 0-60 does sound disgusting. when smaller engines are in capacity to perform better..
    i have this car right now because i drive a lot especially on east coast up and down so realiabilty was more important than anything.

when i had 7 series safty was my top concern.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List