Further to our last post, "What Car is Best for Pakistan" here are the highlights of the Pakwheels Discussion Forums held in Lahore at Peral Continental Hotel & Islamabad at Serena Hotel on what would be the ideally suited car for Pakistan.
It seems to us that there is huge void in the car market for a demand which is not being met by the current automotive manufacturers based in Pakistan. This has lead to a generation of interest in building a car for the Pakistani market which fulfils the needs for the average people in Pakistan. We are proud to announce that the following features have been discussed, however we must point out that these features are currently pending finalisation.
• Target market: salaried middle class (largest numbers of buyers in this market segment)
• Low-range price for target market
• Seating for 4+ adults (Pakistani family biased seating)
• Ample luggage storage & cubby holes
• Large service intervals (less time and money spent at workshops)
• Recyclable parts (environmentally friendly)
• Very low running costs per mile
• Ample ride height (due to bad road conditions outside major cities)
• Small engine capacity (fuel economy)
• CNG fitted (currently the fuel of choice)
• Traditional looking (no cost-ineffective designing, but an attractive shape)
• Tyres should be regular (air-filled) - Eco/high mileage tyres
• Basic seating arrangement (Low cost)
• CD player? MP3 player? (Possibly an option to reduce costs)
• No frills car (no need for accessories which would raise the basic production cost)
• Regionally based name (pending – must be easy to pronounce)
Pictures to follow shortly.
We would greatly appreciate your feedback on the above mentioned points to further improve and fine tune this information & the cars proposed features as we are very enthusiastic in this endeavour and would like to know what the customers would want.
We are striving to make mobility a feasible option for our people in the near future.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad