Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vehicle Mileage Verification

Salam All,
    i was intrested in purchasing a mercedes car and i have seen a few vehicles on the market and they all seem to have there mileage under 20,000km and they are all from 3-5 years old. i don't believe that a 3-5 year old car would have such a low mileage since they are imported from europe where mostly cars have high mileage. so can anyone help me how and from where i can verify wether the mileage is genuine.
    I would welcome all your suggestions and help in this matter.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro, if that car is 5 more than 3 year old and from UK than just pass me the uk original registration number and document ref.number(uk log book first page) and i can check the mileage for you for each year.
    but if that car is less than 5 year old than you might need to check it via special scan machine which is available here in UK but quite expensive.
    there is one more cheaper option....
    check the car steering wheel for wear tear, driver seat,gear knob,door handle,check front bumper/grill/bonnet for motorway chip,
    and if owner allow you to open the engine plactic cover than do that and you will clearly see signs for high miles or low miles,as with only 20k on clock you should expect shiny engine with no burn metal marks at all which you get with high miles.

hope this will solve your problem a bit.
    Proud to be Pakistani

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all meters are reversed
    !!!!!!!!One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love!!!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasraj View Post
    bro, if that car is 5 more than 3 year old and from UK than just pass me the uk original registration number and document ref.number(uk log book first page) and i can check the mileage for you for each year.
    but if that car is less than 5 year old than you might need to check it via special scan machine which is available here in UK but quite expensive.
    there is one more cheaper option....
    check the car steering wheel for wear tear, driver seat,gear knob,door handle,check front bumper/grill/bonnet for motorway chip,
    and if owner allow you to open the engine plactic cover than do that and you will clearly see signs for high miles or low miles,as with only 20k on clock you should expect shiny engine with no burn metal marks at all which you get with high miles.

hope this will solve your problem a bit.

thanks for your reply nasraj, the car i am intrested in is 2008 model and 2010 import so i would not be able to check mot history which would have told me the mileage each year.

As you mentioned this special scan machine, is it available in pakistan. as for the shiny engine, as you would be aware mostly dealers these days give the engine bay a good steam clean to make it look new and shiny regardless of wether the vehicle is low or high mileage.
    do you think the main dealer can help me with this or i would just have to take the vehicle as it is since they all have there meters reversed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Kaeem007 ,
    bro as i mention you can get the right miles with scan machine,also if dealers do clean the engine ( steam wash) you can still notice the difference as i mention about high miles signs.

good luck
    Proud to be Pakistani

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Steam clean = a going over with diesel lol

average car here in the UK does 10k miles a year, There are cars with genuine low miles about, But this is Pak we talking about anything goes lol

But then again nowadays its not easy to ''turn back the clock'' especially in a merc, but like I said, this is Pak we talking about
    [IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/Evolution2006_2006/d-2.jpg[/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List